Monday: Anticipation for a lil Sumpin' Sumpin'? Tuesday 6/28*wink wink nudge nudge"

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm easing into the storylines. Taking a little relaxing and being the casual player. Fingers are resting, getting ready for the Weekend Event.

I just got the black skirt with the strip hem from my partnership things. Im loving that feature

But I'll look around and see what I can find out about the Product Placement story. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    I'm taking this throwback-less week to work on storylines, haha. I was behind on them because between weekend events and TB's, they just were not getting done. xD
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I will say something, not trying to be rude, but when the midweek events happen, they are optional and if someone wants a midweek vacay in Lick Skillet, Tennessee, they can opt to not earn prizes, and ignore the event.. But isn't it nicer to have the option so that people who want to work for prizes can, while you are not being forced to do the event?
    Or do you mean if there is an event going on, optional or not, you can't stay away? Yup, addicted just like the rest of us. :) This game is very addicting.

Agree with having the option to do TB events. I'm very frustrated with opening the weekend event gift boxes. Last weekend, for my female doll's game, I opened 8 boxes and only got two event items. Then I thought male dolls might have better chance since there were 4 event items. No, it was worse. Opened 14 of them and got only one event item. Not to mention that 200 K Stars were no where to be seen and Glu still doesn't remove daily box items, Kash, energy bolts from the paid boxes. Having TB events make me feel better. At least I can get 3-4 event items back with all the K stars I spent for nothing on the weekend. If there were no TB events in the future, I would not open any more gift boxes on the weekend except for the free one and will definitely play less because it's not that enjoyable anymore. Sigh ...
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    There are a lot of people who are unlucky with giftboxes, getting only energy and kash and missing out on those great items. Chasing things and never get what they want. Think about Vats' hair!
    I don't understand how someone can be glad there are no more TB events. If you are tired of grinding - don't do it! Nobody forces you to do so.
    For me Throwbacks are the most fun of all!

Believe me, I feel your frustration. I would have phrased it differently, I don't think you meant to be acusatory toward people who are glad for the break. I'm sure they're not happy that some of us really wanted the event. I feel happy for those who got the event. I'm glad when good things happen to my friends. Do I wish we'd all gotten the event? Of course I do. But part of me, is enjoying leaving the devices down for a while. Besides, I had to sit online for tickets to Comicon for Baba. He was at work, and frantic that he couldn't get them when they opened at 12. What does he do? Mom........................? Plus, I'm taking 3 hot baths instead of one, and I'm feeling better.
    The event not coming right after the fabulous Star Sale I spent a small fortune on hit me like a Bad Boyfriend Move: He's trying to get into your pants all lovely dovey, he gets you earlier than expected, so he takes the bracelet he got for you back to the jewelry store because he didn't need it after all.

And we've all put up with a bad lover move now and again. You brush it off, and get over it. Because, I honestly believe that the concept of not everyone updating right away probably never crossed the GluGods minds. They had no idea there would be the Haves and the Have Nots. And I believe they feel bad.

So, anyone have any ideas about what this event this weekend will be? Are we due for a Dating? We just had a professional. And a VIP a short while ago.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Agree with having the option to do TB events. I'm very frustrated with opening the weekend event gift boxes. Last weekend, for my female doll's game, I opened 8 boxes and only got two event items. Then I thought male dolls might have better chance since there were 4 event items. No, it was worse. Opened 14 of them and got only one event item. Not to mention that 200 K Stars were no where to be seen and Glu still doesn't remove daily box items, Kash, energy bolts from the paid boxes. Having TB events make me feel better. At least I can get 3-4 event items back with all the K stars I spent for nothing on the weekend. If there were no TB events in the future, I would not open any more gift boxes on the weekend except for the free one and will definitely play less because it's not that enjoyable anymore. Sigh ...

I have been assured that Throwback Events, are not disappearing. Glu is testing different things, tweaking things. Just look at all the recent improvements to the game. The pets coming with you, all the new opportunities luxe purchases, Reality show, Throwbacks, things we haven't even imagined, and some thing culled from the suggestions here in the forum. They know how we feel about the Mid weeks, but they're looking for constructive feed back. (meaning you can't say "This stinks, It's horrible" without explaining what about it stinks.) Help them improve the game, through your feed back here.
    Someone wished for a Polar bear.....Boom Polar Bear.
    (And I can't go visit it with my Android, because she's frozen in the white fur coat and ****tail dress. Don't want to upset the bear. lol )
    So post your feed back, and know deep down Glu loves us. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SephoraaSephoraa Registered Users 29 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    I sure have! Like when I got this gem of a hairstyle in a daily gift box lol

BMJnpXE.jpg

Omg I hate that hair style too. I have no idea what it would ever go with lol
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    The throwback event info is still on their official FAQ site. Not every week, but enough to satisfy our thirst hopefully.

https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?s=gameplay&f=when-do-throwback-events-happen&p=web
    PM to add
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Koko, I'm hoping that it's a dating event for this weekend since there hasn't been one for awhile.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I also think that it is going to be a dating event since it has been awhile! I have a question though: I've never completed a dating event because I usually run out of kash and give up!!! Can anyone give an estimate of how much kash they need to spend to get to 600 points? I've been saving up my kash - I really hope I will have enough. Oh, and any tips for dating events (like I know that Oak and Miraggio Grande are good for faster dates, but expensive)? I appreciate it :)
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    If this was a Throwback event I would be on my third giftbox now. No product placement call.
    This is so boring!
    And for what?
    I was so excited about the update. And it came 13 hours later than others got it. But without receiving the TB... Of course.
    So Kim wants 10 k stars to help funding For Real...
    If we don't pay probably all goes downhill. Now we have to pay to work..
    Sorry you guys but I 'm not having as much fun as I used to have.

I'm doing this quest now, and I did not pay kim. I'll let you know how it finishes.
    But so far....

She still apppeared in the next questline with me, I think I won't get as many fans when I'm done, but at #2 on third comeback, I don't care haha
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Hey Katie :) I think the best place for dates after Oak or Miraggio Grande is Punta Mita (don't remember the restaurant name!). I always go to Oak but I've read from a few people that this place is also good, apparently it's a lot cheaper and doesn't require a ton of energy.
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I always take my date to the place in Santa Barbara or Vienna because I don't like spending the kash! Most of the clickable options there are free. It would be nice to get a dating event this weekend because it's been awhile, but since it's the Fourth of July on Monday for the States, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a party event with red, white, and blue clothes.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    Oak is expensive, but it's very often great on energy. If Energy is not a problem (you love to scrounds ;) ) then Big Sur or Napa are great. Lots of energy, but doesn't cost nearly anything. Yes, the outdoor gril at the beach in Mexico is also good, and I've been told The Hamptons Swan Club is inexpensive.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I also think that it is going to be a dating event since it has been awhile! I have a question though: I've never completed a dating event because I usually run out of kash and give up!!! Can anyone give an estimate of how much kash they need to spend to get to 600 points? I've been saving up my kash - I really hope I will have enough. Oh, and any tips for dating events (like I know that Oak and Miraggio Grande are good for faster dates, but expensive)? I appreciate it :)

I'm doing it at Oak and I usually spend around 30k of Kash to finish :)
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    It would be nice to get a dating event this weekend because it's been awhile, but since it's the Fourth of July on Monday for the States, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a party event with red, white, and blue clothes.

I'm really not looking forward for the next party event since Glu tortured me on that previous party event (oh thanks a lot to the hackers). Sorry if my tone sounded sarcastic. I've struggled to complete that event all because I wanted that hairstyle. But I have a feeling that Glu will extend the 4th of July event for an extra day since it will be holiday themed.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Last year the 4th of July event was VIP (and the clothes were not nice...). Hoping this year the clothes will be nicer! And hopefully less "American" themed because I'm not even American lol
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    I wouldn't mind a VIP even though the last two weren't very far apart.. so to have a third in such a short period of time would feel weird. It's literally been like 2 months since we've had a dating event. I hope it isn't a party event. Those take so much energy. :(
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts

As for uhhm a cheaper alternative to maxing out the dating event.... Date multiple people. Only to the first (or maybe second) achievement, it's only one hour dates in that case and if you have a spouse or a higher level partner at the same time you can simultaneously go on a 8-hour date with him and mainly use the kiss option there every hour. Not that I condone cheating... I just noticed that when My doll was maxed out with her first husband and was looking for a new spouse.... You also get a bunch of energy for completing the first dating achievement which is after like 4 dates maybe?
    Oak is still useful but you can save some this way.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    I always take my date to the place in Santa Barbara or Vienna because I don't like spending the kash! Most of the clickable options there are free. It would be nice to get a dating event this weekend because it's been awhile, but since it's the Fourth of July on Monday for the States, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a party event with red, white, and blue clothes.

I have a feeling that may be what we get too.

I'm hoping we don't or if we do the event items are less 4th of July themed. I mean I'm American but I NEVER wear the other 4th of July items. I don't really want more of them haha :p
    LantsPance wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a VIP even though the last two weren't very far apart.. so to have a third in such a short period of time would feel weird. It's literally been like 2 months since we've had a dating event. I hope it isn't a party event. Those take so much energy. :(

Yeah! My point in posting that was kist to show that just because it's 4th of July doesn't mean that it will automatically be a party event :). I'm hoping for a dating event - I've been neglecting my husband while I wait for one! I really need to get our relationship up so I can start popping out babies. And you're right, the last one was April 29 - May 1!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Jwilk100Jwilk100 Registered Users 130 Posts
    0EBE6CF8-6747-4F53-BD2C-ECCD04DACB08_zpstqtunydr.png

0390E06D-57B6-4CE9-AC3E-515B5E35F739_zps9jhhzm7r.jpg
    Found these on Instagram
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Jwilk100 wrote: »
    0EBE6CF8-6747-4F53-BD2C-ECCD04DACB08_zpstqtunydr.png

C113140B-BC25-4E08-A073-3C1A71783A69_zpszxvwikwo.png

Found these on Instagram
    Hmm, a week long event eh?

The shoes give nothing away and that dress is hella old so we'll have to wait & see
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »

The shoes give nothing away and that dress is hella old so we'll have to wait & see

Well, the shoes have the blue star icon, which are usually associated with 5-star gig weekends, right?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Well, the shoes have the blue star icon, which are usually associated with 5-star gig weekends, right?

oh! so it is. I just really, really need next weekend - post 4th of july - to be a VIP one so I can miss it and feel ok since I never spend on VIP weekends XD
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »

I wasn't trying to imply that we were having a weeklong event, but I've never seen a megaphone that looks like that. & the instagramer never said she got the dress from the event. I know it's old. I kinda found this reply rude but whatever. I'm just saying this is what I've found for sneak peaks. The shoes are definitely new, if they aren't then i haven't seen them on or in anyone's closets but I can check the thread with the guy who owns all the clothes for his female doll

Nothing personal at all, I was just trying to help out. I'm very sorry if this hindered in any way. I'm very sleep deprived & studying for a final so I'm not trying to tear anyone down, I just try to be constructive when I reply to someone, not try to tear anyone down. I do however know that this person does a time hack on Instagram and I'm not the one posting these things I just relay the message if I can find them. I have no idea what this weekend will be, it could possibly we an extra long event (4th of July & Khloe's birthday which I'm hoping for because who actually wears the Fourth of July stuff?) but like you said, we will have to wait & see
    Jwilk100 wrote: »
    I wasn't trying to imply that we were having a weeklong event, but I've never seen a megaphone that looks like that. & the instagramer never said she got the dress from the event. I know it's old. I kinda found this reply rude but whatever. I'm just saying this is what I've found for sneak peaks. The shoes are definitely new, if they aren't then i haven't seen them on or in anyone's closets but I can check the thread with the guy who owns all the clothes for his female doll.

Aw, anrezej is a sweetie, I'm 110% he didn't mean that response in a rude way. I think he was just saying that he couldn't make anything out of the image. But I'm sure we're all grateful that you posted it. ^_^
    That is a weird-looking megaphone, indeed.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Thanks so much for that tip Angeline!!!! :)
    It's totally random. I have two games. One got it by just doing ONE 8hr show, the other got it after doing NINE 8hr shows all in Calabasas. So, I don't think you have to do it in different places.

The product placement rewards are not that great anyway. I'm just going to do as many shows as I can in the week that I get the product placement to max out that "hype it up" achievement. Other than that doing reality shows in Calabasas would still save you more energy if you want to earn the rewards on top shows list faster.
    Aw, anrezej is a sweetie, I'm 110% he didn't mean that response in a rude way. I think he was just saying that he couldn't make anything out of the image. But I'm sure we're all grateful that you posted it. ^_^
    That is a weird-looking megaphone, indeed.

Thanks Lants, I added some things to my post because I wasn't trying to be rude either! I am very stressed & tired so I didn't mean to take it the wrong way either!
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Andrzej and Lants what are your GC's? I need more male friends on my game lol

-SONIA
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
    bladeoo wrote: »
    Andrzej and Lants what are your GC's? I need more male friends on my game lol

-SONIA

Hey, Sonia!
    My GC is Waunted!
    Add me up. :D
    Daily iOS KKH player
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.