Weekend Event 7/1/16- 3 Cheers 4 the Red, White & Hollywood - 4th of July in KK:H !

Comments

• bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    ticisss wrote: »
    Why summer clothes are always the worst?! :(

I was hoping for some cute shorts since we barely have any. That skirt is horrible
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    I was hoping for some cute shorts since we barely have any. That skirt is horrible

IKR! Weekend events during fall, winter and spring are so much better, I don't know why.
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I think the clothes are cute! At least the gift box ones. I assume the hair, top, skirt, and black shoes are gift box exclusive. The granny shoes, the dress and the star necklace earnable :(
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I had interpreted her comments differently. Then I saw your response and thought, hang on a second..

I didn't think she was laughing at people trying to get teasers, ttytt. Oh well.:)
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I think the clothes are cute! At least the gift box ones. I assume the hair, top, skirt, and black shoes are gift box exclusive. The granny shoes, the dress and the star necklace earnable :(

Granny shoes. Hee.
    bladeoo wrote: »
    I meant the people who do the things we are not supposed to do or talk about every week. Those people, who are so spoiled by doing said things :)

"Spoiled" is the right word. I wouldn't have thought of it, and you're right. I think getting stuff and seeing things, like you can really appreciate each thing all by itself (or hate it all by itself! ha!) in its own time or whatever, it's a surprise; it just makes me happy; it's more fun that way. I can't imagine, like a palette, and just tapping on eight boxes and well, there's everything, ok, ho-hum; done. Next!
    stephk11 wrote: »
    YES. That's one of the main reasons I stopped playing that game - all of the clothes were hideous and tacky. That drab skirt design is straight from that game, down to the wrinkles and shadows.

Soooo true! Why are most of the K&K clothes so horrible? The shoe closet isn't much good either. Maybe it's a little bit that it hasn't been built up too much yet, but anytime I would look through the wardrobe was like oh, ugh. I had to abandon it for a second time anyway because there are just too many problems and kinks that still need to be worked out. I check it out once in a book moon, but I won and bought and lost so many things there. And event progress. And blah blah, same old same old K&K story. I'm thinking it'll take a while, and then maybe get up to speed. I just couldn't take all the losses, ratings, gems, k-cash, I could go on, but sparing us all!
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    I kinda like the boots, even if they're boring... but I really wonder if they were meant to go with that outfit. I want to love the top too, but that weird wrinkle on the sleeve keeps throwing me off! Maybe I can ignore it on mobile. :p The stuff for the male dolls is real nice this time around though! I am really enjoying that hair.

I really do wish Glu would consider bringing back official teasers too. I do think it's good that it's harder for people to get the spoilers now though -- not because I don't want spoilers (can't live without 'em), but because it means Glu is actually doing something against people meddling with the game. They've been pretty active in cutting down hackers lately, and I'm sure it's something legitimate players benefit from. It clearly didn't stop the spoiler people very long (which I'm shamelessly grateful for), but I'd definitely prefer official spoilers over ones that come from tampering with game files. Just don't leave us without them, please!
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Soooo true! Why are most of the K&K clothes so horrible? The shoe closet isn't much good either. Maybe it's a little bit that it hasn't been built up too much yet, but anytime I would look through the wardrobe was like oh, ugh. I had to abandon it for a second time anyway because there are just too many problems and kinks that still need to be worked out. I check it out once in a book moon, but I won and bought and lost so many things there. And event progress. And blah blah, same old same old K&K story. I'm thinking it'll take a while, and then maybe get up to speed. I just couldn't take all the losses, ratings, gems, k-cash, I could go on, but sparing us all!

I have a lot of problems with K&K (mainly how hard it is to grind for energy, can't buy car/plane, how slow the app is, how hard it is to build up kash/gems), but I'm currently giving it another chance. I actually like how the doll looks in the game, and I like some of the clothes. For example, the spoilers are out for this weekend's event and the earnables look SO MUCH NICER than this week's kkh ones. It's a cute crochet summer dress, heels (boring), and a hairstyle.

I'm just so confused by some of the weekend event clothing choices lately for kkh. It is my understanding that Kim Kardashian tries to be some what of a fashion icon, but some of the clothes in these events are just so tacky? Man, idk...
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    Buttiel wrote: »
    I kinda like the boots, even if they're boring... but I really wonder if they were meant to go with that outfit. I want to love the top too, but that weird wrinkle on the sleeve keeps throwing me off! Maybe I can ignore it on mobile. :p The stuff for the male dolls is real nice this time around though! I am really enjoying that hair.

I really do wish Glu would consider bringing back official teasers too. I do think it's good that it's harder for people to get the spoilers now though -- not because I don't want spoilers (can't live without 'em), but because it means Glu is actually doing something against people meddling with the game. They've been pretty active in cutting down hackers lately, and I'm sure it's something legitimate players benefit from. It clearly didn't stop the spoiler people very long (which I'm shamelessly grateful for), but I'd definitely prefer official spoilers over ones that come from tampering with game files. Just don't leave us without them, please!

I like the boots as well! The hair & boots are nicer than the rest, but with my luck I won't be getting anything that lives in a giftbox. I definitely don't like anything enough to go spending kstars chasing!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    Jwilk100 wrote: »
    Sorry Koko, I guess I keep messing up. But I didn't know we couldn't post spoilers since a lot of people do it, and Alot of people post pics with people's names so I didn't know that was not ok either, until you posted it. I now remove all identifying info from their pics unless watermarked.

Although, I don't know why saying a glu workers name is so bad. We communicate with them frequently and if they say something interesting or let's us know something cool I don't think it's horrible to let people know their name. Although, I didn't take the screen cap of them communicating with me, it was on Instagram, which was already public. I just think that is treading a fine line between "its public info" and "we should keep their name private" but either way the public would eventually see their name on that Instagram post.
    Anyways, sorry Koko! I've learned my lesson & wont post any pics with names or pics from others that have names on them!

Ya gotta respect the privacy, doll. Just because someone else did something the wrong way doesn't mean you can't do it the right way and do it better. Internet law is...weird, but it exists. Sometimes I find people posting things they ripped from one of my books. I usually contact them, hey hi, thanks so much for blahblahblah, it was really nice of you. And that sh*t is wiped pretty da*n quick. Sometimes it's a nice thing, depending on how it's done, and I do mean thank you. But what really, really PI$$ES me off is reading books where people plagiarized word for word from me. Ughhhhh. Those are lawsuits right there. I think that unless something is public domain it's best to just leave it alone. And something has to be wayyyy old to be public domain. Also, personal communications are...personal. Everybody learns something sometime or another; we all do. The person was kind of a fool for using their name to begin with. Most people at Glu don't communicate that way, I've found. And I don't care where or what country work is farmed out to, I'll bet 50 K-stars someone else wrote that ridic nonsense and put a known alleged Glu person's name on it. Don't people think everyone at a company knows what to say and how to say it. Or to just plain say nothing unauthorized at all? My bet's still that it's B.S. Customer service routed through other countries are not supposed to compose things like that. I'm sorry you found yourself stuck in that. But I'm with Koko 100 percent. When I first read all this stuff this morning, I knew I, myself, would've totally flipped out.
    I like the boots as well! The hair & boots are nicer than the rest, but with my luck I won't be getting anything that lives in a giftbox. I definitely don't like anything enough to go spending kstars chasing!

That's pretty much my thought! I kinda wanna give it a shot or two, but I don't think they're worth chasing. Just not sure what limit to set myself, y'know? I'm still very much debating how much I care about those boots, which I do think will be the giftbox items. I actually don't have many similar ones, so I'm really not as bored with the look as some others may be... But they don't blow me away. And I really miss looking at event items and going 'wow, I have to own that'.
    I used to not chase at all, cause I didn't have the K-Stars; and now that I have them, there's no items that really ~wow~ me.
    That's pretty much my thought! I kinda wanna give it a shot or two, but I don't think they're worth chasing. Just not sure what limit to set myself, y'know? I'm still very much debating how much I care about those boots, which I do think will be the giftbox items. I actually don't have many similar ones, so I'm really not as bored with the look as some others may be... But they don't blow me away. And I really miss looking at event items and going 'wow, I have to own that'.
    I used to not chase at all, cause I didn't have the K-Stars; and now that I have them, there's no items that really ~wow~ me.

I used to not pay much attention to weekend events. I liked the game, but was never as obsessed as I am now; I would usually get the free giftbox and maybe the first item, and that was it. Looking through my list of past events, the items were so much nicer! Of course there are weeks that things didn't suit me/off weeks - but for the most part things were nice and unique.

Now that I play so much and put all my energy into these events (and have more kstars), there's hardly been any weekend events that I really like the items for! Items either look like something we already have, or are just not nice (apart from last week).
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    I have a lot of problems with K&K (mainly how hard it is to grind for energy, can't buy car/plane, how slow the app is, how hard it is to build up kash/gems), but I'm currently giving it another chance. I actually like how the doll looks in the game, and I like some of the clothes. For example, the spoilers are out for this weekend's event and the earnables look SO MUCH NICER than this week's kkh ones. It's a cute crochet summer dress, heels (boring), and a hairstyle.

I'm just so confused by some of the weekend event clothing choices lately for kkh. It is my understanding that Kim Kardashian tries to be some what of a fashion icon, but some of the clothes in these events are just so tacky? Man, idk...

Yes! Exactly! So slowwwww; changing screens; no energy and can't find any. Too expensive to go anywhere. But me too--I love how my doll looks. One reason I deleted BSAD was there was no way to make a doll I could be happy with. And god, all those bulbous noses eek!

The thing in this game is it's Kim's styles, yes, but we also get some Khloe, Kourtney (um...most people really, really don't like those things), a little Kylie, Kendall not so much I think. But the problem was things were getting too high school and, as someone called some of the clothes--Walmart hahahahaha! It's actually illegal to have Walmart in NYC! Loving that! Walmart clothes. She's funny, this masked woman. Elegant, fun, masked...and often hilarious. But everybody's been pretty happy with almost everything lately; the first few months of 2016 I think we were all clawing our eyes out, the selections were possibly made by...we have no idea who could've possibly selected the, um, yuckkkkk. It was baddddd. So. The thing here is--the gb black boots? I would love to get those, but not with that outfit ever. That is a weird combo; wonder how that happened. And I like everything else but those nasty shoe-sandal things. Good luck with the event, doll!
    Yes! Exactly! So slowwwww; changing screens; no energy and can't find any. Too expensive to go anywhere. But me too--I love how my doll looks. One reason I deleted BSAD was there was no way to make a doll I could be happy with. And god, all those bulbous noses eek!

The thing in this game is it's Kim's styles, yes, but we also get some Khloe, Kourtney (um...most people really, really don't like those things), a little Kylie, Kendall not so much I think. But the problem was things were getting too high school and, as someone called some of the clothes--Walmart hahahahaha! It's actually illegal to have Walmart in NYC! Loving that! Walmart clothes. She's funny, this masked woman. Elegant, fun, masked...and often hilarious. But everybody's been pretty happy with almost everything lately; the first few months of 2016 I think we were all clawing our eyes out, the selections were possibly made by...we have no idea who could've possibly selected the, um, yuckkkkk. It was baddddd. So. The thing here is--the gb black boots? I would love to get those, but not with that outfit ever. That is a weird combo; wonder how that happened. And I like everything else but those nasty shoe-sandal things. Good luck with the event, doll!

Good luck to you too! :)

And I agree, I'm not really sure why they threw those boots with either of those outfits!!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    I used to not pay much attention to weekend events. I liked the game, but was never as obsessed as I am now; I would usually get the free giftbox and maybe the first item, and that was it. Looking through my list of past events, the items were so much nicer! Of course there are weeks that things didn't suit me/off weeks - but for the most part things were nice and unique.

Now that I play so much and put all my energy into these events (and have more kstars), there's hardly been any weekend events that I really like the items for! Items either look like something we already have, or are just not nice (apart from last week).

Yup! That's all I can say, honestly, I completely agree. I just can't tell if it's an actual decline in quality, or if I've just stopped being starstruck, y'know? I've been playing for around half a year now, and I feel like maybe I've just gone numb to how shiny and sparkly events were haha. You know, all the unreachable things just look so much better when you know you can't have them. All I know is I now really regret not grinding for some of those items I had a shot at!
    And it's amazing to me how getting 1 or 2 items used to be hard, and now I usually finish the event in a day. Amazing, and definitely not a haunting reminder of how much time I put into this game. ;)
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts

I love K&K. it's getting better. You can't buy a jet or car (yet) but there is now an option to pay some k-gems for 30 days of free travel. And the weekend event currently going on is a dating one and the female earnables are gorgeous. Actually, I'm pretty sure the hairstyle is one from KKH. But yeah, K&K has had a rough start. But I feel that it's getting better and better.
    Daily iOS KKH player
    And it's amazing to me how getting 1 or 2 items used to be hard, and now I usually finish the event in a day. Amazing, and definitely not a haunting reminder of how much time I put into this game. ;)

I know!!! It's exactly the same for me! I really regret not grinding for some of those items. I didn't even think I had a chance at getting to 600 points, but now it's so easy for me. I also didn't like putting all my effort into just one aspect of the game for a weekend (especially for dating events), but now I'd kill for a dating event!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    LantsPance wrote: »
    I love K&K. it's getting better. You can't buy a jet or car (yet) but there is now an option to pay some k-gems for 30 days of free travel. And the weekend event currently going on is a dating one and the female earnables are gorgeous. Actually, I'm pretty sure the hairstyle is one from KKH. But yeah, K&K has had a rough start. But I feel that it's getting better and better.

I'm really excited for the female earnables in K&K this weekend! I did see that subscription for the free travel, but it seems too pricey for me, I'm not really sure about it. The k-gems are so hard for me to get, and I want to spend them on hair (since all the hairstyles are k-gems) and clothes (in my opinion, the k-gem clothes are nicer). I'm pretty sure it was something like 300 k-gems for a month of travel, and that's pretty much all I get in a month for k-gems anyways. I just feel like everything is so expensive in that game!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    I know!!! It's exactly the same for me! I really regret not grinding for some of those items. I didn't even think I had a chance at getting to 600 points, but now it's so easy for me. I also didn't like putting all my effort into just one aspect of the game for a weekend (especially for dating events), but now I'd kill for a dating event!

I honestly didn't stand a chance at getting to 600 before I checked out the forums here. That and getting the jet. But the forums definitely helped once reality shows came around and all that. It's amazing what difference it makes to know a few little tricks!
    I used to hate dating events, but now I'm really itching for one. Again, I used to not really know how the whole 'wait an hour to get a different time' thing worked until I saw people talking about it. The effort used to seem so big, and now it's just reasonable? To be fair I'm also low on storyline quests (just until I level up though, I hope?), so all I've been doing this week is dating anyhow. I wanna start getting rewarded for it. :p
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    Wow all the items are really ugly this time. They look really cheap esp when we just celebrated the game's second anniversary
    I honestly didn't stand a chance at getting to 600 before I checked out the forums here. That and getting the jet. But the forums definitely helped once reality shows came around and all that. It's amazing what difference it makes to know a few little tricks!
    I used to hate dating events, but now I'm really itching for one. Again, I used to not really know how the whole 'wait an hour to get a different time' thing worked until I saw people talking about it. The effort used to seem so big, and now it's just reasonable? To be fair I'm also low on storyline quests (just until I level up though, I hope?), so all I've been doing this week is dating anyhow. I wanna start getting rewarded for it. :p

I restarted my game a couple months ago, so I'm waaaaaay behind on storylines, so no shortage there for me!

My husband and I are only at about 6000 points, so I don't even have a baby in the game yet. I've been waiting for a dating event so I can focus on that, but there hasn't been one in sooooooooo long! I really thought we were finally going to get one this time, but I guess the reality show makes sense, since that was what the update was mainly about.
    ARTPOP wrote: »
    Wow all the items are really ugly this time. They look really cheap esp when we just celebrated the game's second anniversary

Agreed :(
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Jwilk100 wrote: »
    Sorry Koko, I guess I keep messing up. But I didn't know we couldn't post spoilers since a lot of people do it, and Alot of people post pics with people's names so I didn't know that was not ok either, until you posted it. I now remove all identifying info from their pics unless watermarked.

Although, I don't know why saying a glu workers name is so bad. We communicate with them frequently and if they say something interesting or let's us know something cool I don't think it's horrible to let people know their name. Although, I didn't take the screen cap of them communicating with me, it was on Instagram, which was already public. I just think that is treading a fine line between "its public info" and "we should keep their name private" but either way the public would eventually see their name on that Instagram post.
    Anyways, sorry Koko! I've learned my lesson & wont post any pics with names or pics from others that have names on them!

Oh no, if it's a person's instagram/other sm....no name
    if it's Customer Care response.................defin no name

You can't say Annie Rep writes like she's in the third grade. I take that back, my 3 year old makes more sense.
    You can say ....Sometimes customer care writes like they're in the Third Grade. I take that back..............

Ok? And the watermarked pics....(I researched a little) if someone puts their watermark on an image they didn't create...that's like me spraypainting my name on the brooklyn bridge. So, if it's the one that's watermarked so, under those circumstances, post them, but let's just have the pictures up the first time, if you quote that post fine...take the pics out.

Thanks for everyone's help, And remember, no one is in trouble here. :) THis is a place of happiness. Aside from the brutal week some of us experienced.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Man, I'm not crazy about the items, but to me, they are a lot better than last year's dreck. Also how is everyone? I've been a little frustrated with the game lately (unresponsive customer care, weird evasive answers when I do get someone to respond to me, etc.). Anyway, sorry to complain, I know I should go to hookah with it. (Sorry Koko! <3)

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? I went to my first kickboxing class today and I'm hoping to hit up another over the weekend.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    I love K&K. it's getting better. You can't buy a jet or car (yet) but there is now an option to pay some k-gems for 30 days of free travel. But yeah, K&K has had a rough start. But I feel that it's getting better and better.

In my opinion, the game has been actually getting more greedily since everything's overpriced on K&K. The graphics are nice and the makeup options are on point, but I have never founded the storylines to amuse me at all. That's my reasoning of choosing to play only during weekend events.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Jwilk100Jwilk100 Registered Users 130 Posts
    Ya gotta respect the privacy, doll. Just because someone else did something the wrong way doesn't mean you can't do it the right way and do it better. Internet law is...weird, but it exists. Sometimes I find people posting things they ripped from one of my books. I usually contact them, hey hi, thanks so much for blahblahblah, it was really nice of you. And that sh*t is wiped pretty da*n quick. Sometimes it's a nice thing, depending on how it's done, and I do mean thank you. But what really, really PI$$ES me off is reading books where people plagiarized word for word from me. Ughhhhh. Those are lawsuits right there. I think that unless something is public domain it's best to just leave it alone. And something has to be wayyyy old to be public domain. Also, personal communications are...personal. Everybody learns something sometime or another; we all do. The person was kind of a fool for using their name to begin with. Most people at Glu don't communicate that way, I've found. And I don't care where or what country work is farmed out to, I'll bet 50 K-stars someone else wrote that ridic nonsense and put a known alleged Glu person's name on it. Don't people think everyone at a company knows what to say and how to say it. Or to just plain say nothing unauthorized at all? My bet's still that it's B.S. Customer service routed through other countries are not supposed to compose things like that. I'm sorry you found yourself stuck in that. But I'm with Koko 100 percent. When I first read all this stuff this morning, I knew I, myself, would've totally flipped out.

Oh I definitely respect privacy! For sure. But when I first joined the forum instagrammers names on their post were visible sometimes (I can't say it happened all the time because I'm sure it didn't! You guys are pros!) so when I posted a few things yesterday I didn't think about it at all until koko mentioned it. I'm new and learning something new your gonna make mistakes so I defiantly take constructive criticism. I'm sure when some people read posts telling them they can't say or do things here they get upset but they are just putting their own influence into words that they read. I've been guilty of it too and it's hard to not do that. But I just want to do the "law" on the forum correctly. I wish there was a handbook sometimes 😂. I wasn't trying to do anything "wrong" because someone else did, it was just a moment of weakness really. As far as it not being authentic, it's totally possible & I did just want to know if others had heard of these TB's coming in different manners.

As far as your books being plagiarized, that's horrible. I know posting someone else's pic could be viewed that way but it's not according to all the definitions of plagiarism. I take that stuff seriously! In my field, if you plagiarize you get your grants & PhD taken away and there goes 10 years of school. I wouldn't risk any of that, it's just not cool. I'm sorry you had to go through that! It's frustrating.

And I totally agree with Koko too, I was just saying it's weird how public info can't be reposted. Seems like a double standard to me. But that doesn't mean I don't respect that or won't follow that. Never in a million years would I disrespect someone on here, or anyone in general if I can help it. I'm a very nice/shy/hard working person in RL & I think all of you are too! Everyone deserves respect & privacy. I get it & I just wanted to personally apologize to Koko for my posts. I just didn't think twice. It was just a moment of weakness & mindlessness.
  • LarinexLarinex Registered Users 103 Posts
    Still no update 5.2 on facebook i wonder why.
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    I looove the hair and the necklace i guess. Pretty sure i won't get them knewing my luck. :/
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    I don't understand the obsession with the mature/old lady-esque style skirt lately. there is nothing young or hip about it!
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I'm so freaking sick of this. No event on iOS again.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook: