Storyline v5.2.0 Product Placement Storyline

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
edited January 2020 in KKH General Discussion
Hi, Here are the screenshots from the Product Placement Storyling.
Hope this helps, if some are out of order, I'll fix it, very hard to do on my laptop with so many screenshots.

PP1jpg

PP2jpg

PP3jpg

PP4jpg

PP5jpg

PP6jpg
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    edited January 2020
    Set Up Continues:

PP8jpg

PP9jpg

PP11jpg

PP12jpg

PP13jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    edited January 2020
    And then...............................

PP16jpg

If you think I've missed one, or messed up the order....let me know and I'll fix it.
    I can't promise I'll do these for everything from now on, I will try and grab all the screenshots.....from a photobucket friendly device. These were from my crazzy Apple. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm glad you had the screenshots :) I was a little confused because when I got the update on my game I read it that Simon would call you with the product placement details and it looks like you have to do the 8 hour reality gigs and THEN you get the opportunity, which falls in line with what others have been saying. I never do the 8 hour ones because I much prefer the 3 hour gigs that I can get done with a full bar of energy but I do love free stars and cash!
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    ah this was very helpful!!!

but my interpretation was that you do the 8hr gig to get the product placement opportunity and then you can zoom through your 3 hr gigs. that's what ive been doing and Im already on the 2nd level of the hype it up achievement and ive passed the 1st 'milestone' for tv viewers

I guess what will be troublesome for me is to make sure to remember which day I got the product placement and to make sure to do an 8hr gig on that day and hope I score the next product placement for the week!
    I've been too busy to start doing this one. I'm unlocked and waiting for me to do an 8 hour. I don't know if it includes 3 hour gig or not. Maybe we can fill this thread up with discussion and question and answers. (I'm hoping some of YOU have the answers. I've been doing nothing but graphics all week. Phew. So your help in this storyline thread is greatly appreciated. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    I think I need to set myself a google reminder to grind 8hr gigs next week to get the new product placement! I think this is a fun new challenge.
  • Khaleesi_Khaleesi_ Registered Users 50 Posts
    I got a product placement for champagne today in the Malibu house after doing an 8 hr reality show there. It was probably my 3rd 8 hr show overall since product placement was announced. Now I think I can get the product placement action (the one that gives you points on the "hype it up" achievement) on both 3 and 8 hr gigs but only in the Malibu home and not anywhere else.

Can I only have 1 product placement per week period or can I have 1 per week per house? Does anyone know? Also I got paid some money and a K star for the product placement do I get more money at the end of the placement or is that it?
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I find this whole thing extremely confusing. I did an 8-hour reality show this a.m. and was offered a product placement opportunity in my Hollywood condo on the "basic table" or something. I rarely buy any furniture that requires K-stars and wasn't sure if I had that table, so I declined. I checked and it turns out I did own the table. I then completed another 8-hour reality gig and thought I'd get another placement offer, but nada.

I hope this all makes sense sooner or later! Thanks for the thread. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    You can only have 1 product per week and you get paid up front. By chosing the hype it up option as much as possible you will gain points and level up on that achievement :)
    Khaleesi_ wrote: »
    I got a product placement for champagne today in the Malibu house after doing an 8 hr reality show there. It was probably my 3rd 8 hr show overall since product placement was announced. Now I think I can get the product placement action (the one that gives you points on the "hype it up" achievement) on both 3 and 8 hr gigs but only in the Malibu home and not anywhere else.

Can I only have 1 product placement per week period or can I have 1 per week per house? Does anyone know? Also I got paid some money and a K star for the product placement do I get more money at the end of the placement or is that it?
    ChicCharlotte I think I read somewhere that if you don't own the home or furniture you will get the option to purchase it when you accept the product placement offer. Hope someone corrects me if that is wrong!
    I find this whole thing extremely confusing. I did an 8-hour reality show this a.m. and was offered a product placement opportunity in my Hollywood condo on the "basic table" or something. I rarely buy any furniture that requires K-stars and wasn't sure if I had that table, so I declined. I checked and it turns out I did own the table. I then completed another 8-hour reality gig and thought I'd get another placement offer, but nada.

I hope this all makes sense sooner or later! Thanks for the thread. I'll be keeping an eye on it.
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts

As SugarK said, you will definitely know when it's an item you don't own! You'll be able to buy it during Simon's call -- so when in doubt, go ahead. You'll know when you're buying something.

That said, you got pretty lucky if you got a product placement offer after just the one gig. Since you declined it, you'll now have to do more 8h gigs until you get another offer. Getting one is luck-based, not guaranteed.
    Thanks for he confirmation Buttiel. I'm glad I wasn't giving out false information :p:p
    Buttiel wrote: »
    As SugarK said, you will definitely know when it's an item you don't own! You'll be able to buy it during Simon's call -- so when in doubt, go ahead. You'll know when you're buying something.

That said, you got pretty lucky if you got a product placement offer after just the one gig. Since you declined it, you'll now have to do more 8h gigs until you get another offer. Getting one is luck-based, not guaranteed.
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Thank you, SugarK and Buttiel!! I need to pay more attention to the chat bubbles (and do more wretched 8 hr reality gigs apparently!).
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Khaleesi_Khaleesi_ Registered Users 50 Posts
    Thanks SugarK, guess I need to remember to do another 8 hour reality show in a week lol
    Out of my 3, one got a product placement right away after the 8 hour gig. the other two did about 3 each, no call yet. and it was an Android that got it, so it's not an Android/ios thing. The other Android and the iOS are still waiting. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SarahUKSarahUK Registered Users 59 Posts
    where does it tell you where your product placement is? is it listed anywhere when you've got one? I was offered Imaculat Vodka at one of my apartments, which I accepted but I can't remember which one and now I can't find any reference to it anywhere. I agree the whole thing is very confusing...
    Game Centre name: NickieSault, A+++ List, KKH Currently on Level 62
    Hi Sarah. The product placements are only in the California homes for now, so I guess if you can't remember which one its in you'll have to look in each one. You will see the product on a table or somewhere in the home and it will stay in the same place for 1 week. Good luck!
    SarahUK wrote: »
    where does it tell you where your product placement is? is it listed anywhere when you've got one? I was offered Imaculat Vodka at one of my apartments, which I accepted but I can't remember which one and now I can't find any reference to it anywhere. I agree the whole thing is very confusing...
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    SarahUK wrote: »

Sarah, I'd suggest trying the San Diego home! It's where Immaculat Vodka was meant to go in my case, and I think it's always in the same place? I can't guarantee it, but at least it's a lead. :)
  • SarahUKSarahUK Registered Users 59 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Hi Sarah. The product placements are only in the California homes for now, so I guess if you can't remember which one its in you'll have to look in each one. You will see the product on a table or somewhere in the home and it will stay in the same place for 1 week. Good luck!

Fantastic thank you! :o
    Game Centre name: NickieSault, A+++ List, KKH Currently on Level 62
    edited January 2020
    SugarK wrote: »
    ChicCharlotte I think I read somewhere that if you don't own the home or furniture you will get the option to purchase it when you accept the product placement offer. Hope someone corrects me if that is wrong!

Maybe you read it in my screenshots on the first page?
    Set Up Continues:

PP11jpg

PP12jpg

Only one Android got any product placements. And that was after the first 8 hour gig. My objective today....Product placements for the other two. Wish me luck. If you need my dolls. we'll be in Calabasas.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Haha maybe :p Good luck with the product placements Koko :)
    Maybe you read it in my screenshots on the first page?
    Right now I'm JUST doing 8 hour shows, and waiting for my Product Placement to open. I swear, the first one happened so fast, I didn't event know what the product placements were. LOL. I was doing a regular 3 hour gig, my finger hit the wrong button, I hit 8 by mistake, did the show and that huge Product Placement Placard Practically Punched me in the face. (ok alliteration fans, I changed Smacked in to Punched just for you. )

But now....I court it. I woo it. I all but bring it flowers and candy....and nothing. Not for Z, not for AppleP. am I not the cunning linquist that I think I am? Must I rap for it? What does this product placement want me to do? Marry it?

Ok, my pining and pleading is over, for now. I will do nothing but my one obligatory date all day in search of the Perfect place to place my product in my Product Placement Quest. Oh Please GluGod of the Fricative P wave your magic poncho over my game, and open up this well chased feature.

(it's a holiday here, so my brain is off duty. But seriously, when the first one popped up when I smiled at it, I thought the others would be just as easy.) Here's my next strategy. I'm going to do an 8 hour show in each of the Calif homes. When I'm done, I'll report back. Either because it popped up, or because I did all the homes and it didn't. If you're also waiting for your product to place.....let's go together. I've done Calabasas this morning, next stop the apartment downtown. Maybe we'll see the TMZ tour buss while we're there. Be sure and smile and wave. Do something cute. THe tourists love that, and it ends up in the TMZ show that night. Good luck,

If you're still trying for it and it happens, be sure and post here. It will encourage those of us still trying.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    If you're still trying for it and it happens, be sure and post here. It will encourage those of us still trying.

I've been filming 8h episodes in Calabasas since the update and I finally got the offer. It's for the XXV Champagne, the bottle is placed on the table in my Malibu house.

Just keep trying. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    I've unlocked a product placement in my Hollywood home. Does that mean I should record as many of my shows in my Hollywood home instead of say malibu or elsewhere? Just trying to figure out how this all works.
    Hi. I moved your thread into this one we already had. Read through and see what you can find out. And, I've been doing shows in other homes, and my level keeps increasing, BUT then I found the Champagne bottle, (my placement product) is a great tappable. it takes 3 energy and pays off quite a bit more. THen you tap around, and boom, you can tap your product again. I found that out yesterday, it's almost as good as the VIP magic task. So, for the time being, when I'm not on an event, I'll do my show in Malibu and keep tap tap tapping that bottle.

So my opinion - you can do your show anywhere and get points, but when you do it in the house with your product, tapping the product helps comeplete the gig, if nothing else.

I'm eager to see what others say about this mystery feature. Meanwhile I'm just doing 8hours with the other two, and still no product. ;(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I don't think this was a huge win for the game. You do get extra cash and a k-star when offered the product placement but other than that there isn't a real benefit. Maybe if you got a placement right before a throwback or weekend reality event where the tappable product helps you finish the show faster. I got one after doing I think three shows but the amount of resources needed to try for the placement doesn't seem worth it. There is the hype goal but for all that work to try and earn the product placement in the first place is exhausting. I'd much rather do the 3-hour shows because for the same amount of energy it takes to do one 8-hour show, I can do 3 of the other.
  • tia_blesttia_blest Registered Users 65 Posts
    Hi. I moved your thread into this one we already had. Read through and see what you can find out. And, I've been doing shows in other homes, and my level keeps increasing, BUT then I found the Champagne bottle, (my placement product) is a great tappable. it takes 3 energy and pays off quite a bit more. THen you tap around, and boom, you can tap your product again. I found that out yesterday, it's almost as good as the VIP magic task. So, for the time being, when I'm not on an event, I'll do my show in Malibu and keep tap tap tapping that bottle.

So my opinion - you can do your show anywhere and get points, but when you do it in the house with your product, tapping the product helps comeplete the gig, if nothing else.

I'm eager to see what others say about this mystery feature. Meanwhile I'm just doing 8hours with the other two, and still no product. ;(

Kokokokonut once again thank you. I remembered the whole set up about having to do 8 hour gigs (although I've done 3 hour gigs and the tappable to hype product is in there too)...
    I've done several 8 hour and several 3 hour gigs and after doing lots of them I finally completed level one of hyping my product.
    So there's no real guarantee of when you get a product placement from what I've read (and hopefully understood correctly) but make the most of it while you have it for the rewards?!? I think my doll is getting tired of eating Dino crunch cereal or whatever it is called. So I hope a new product placement comes along soon and hopefully in malibu (or Calabasas if I've found the k $ to buy it by then).
  • trangietrangie Registered Users 29 Posts
    No product placement for me since the update :( Simon said he was going to look out for me but so far nothing. I've been doing random 8hrs reality shows but no luck. And my storyline finished a few days back... I'm aimless again *sigh*
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    So I've had my product placement for over a week. It doesn't show when I do 3 hour shows, just 8 hour shows. See pic.

IMG_3304.png

I haven't gotten any requests for more product placement in other homes.

Is this how it is also working for everyone else?
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
    No I received the champagne in my Malibu home and it shows up for the 3 hour show. It's actually even there when I'm not doing a show at all.