Throwback Events Are A Gamble?!!!

BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
Are you kidding me?! So we went from getting them during the week when there is no event to "no scheduled events running you have a chance to get a throwback event. The best way to make sure you don't miss out is to keep play often and keep aiming for the top!"

F4F92344-F578-4CB8-BCF0-9EE0083D4822_zps6sfk55iw.png

I am #1 in all 3 comebacks and #1 in the game currently. Where's my throwback. I'm having Simon call with 3 hour events b cause everything I am waiting on is 12-24 hours away. Why is this a gamble?! What a joke?! Has anyone gotten the gamble? What have you done to trigger it? I don't even think that this is even a legit thing. I think they are gone. Why not just make them weekend events once a month. This is insane.

I don't think that I've ever seen something so bizarre and sad in a game then this. Literally.
Brooklyn (GC is Bobbie629) • A+++ Player!
• Married to Jackson White (GC is MomBLuz6) • Comeback #1
• Daily player for Kim Kardashian Hollywood
• iOS Player Only • Mommy to Baby Annabelle & Elijah!
Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Hmm I didn't read it like that. I read it as in general if there isn't an event going on then anyone who is over level 5 will get a throwback event (when released that week).
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Ok, let me see this. I said something more like what sound pretty said, but my info didn't come from the pages. Hang on, Let me go see the site.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    The support pages, and in the FAQs in the game, it says under when they happen, that they happen at different times for different players. That's not what I said, about it. Let me see where my info came from .
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    BobbieM wrote: »
    Where's my throwback.

You act like throwback events are now an obligatory thing for Glu to do. BUT THEY'RE NOT. Just be grateful that you got so many FREE chances in the past few months. I'm sure they're coming back.
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    You act like throwback events are now an obligatory thing for Glu to do. BUT THEY'RE NOT. Just be grateful that you got so many FREE chances in the past few months. I'm sure they're coming back.

I didn't say that. But to through them random isn't going to end up fair either. Glu doesn't do random well. I have zero events. Zero things to do right now, I have a 10-24 hour wait before anything opens and is available for me to do, and no event, so I literally have no game play. None. Access riding to what they wrote I should be getting a throwback event because I have everything done and nothing to do.. So explain why it isn't happening then if you seem to k ow everything.
    Please excuse the type-o's.. I'm on my phone and it doesn't like to write what I'm typing!
    Eveyone is entitled to their own opinion. You then have the opportunity to respond, but don't correct or admonish other members for their opinion. That's what I'm here for :)

I think a lot of us thought Throwbacks would be alternating with other midweek features, I was told they wouldn't be every week. I was told some weeks we wouldn't have a Throwback, some weeks it would be voting. However support page says different times for different players, Support page also says "you have a chance to get a Throwback Event. Lastly, the Customer Care response to a ticket when only the non updated games got the Throwback, was posted saying Glu would be 'releasing throwback items in a different manner'.

This supports Bobbie's post, and the response to her post seemed like a case of 'shoot the messenger'. The prospect of randomizing who gets Throwbacks seems wrong. Lets all try an respect other people's opinions and posts, regardless of how upsetting the prospect is. But I don't think Glu would have been purposely misleading. I'm sure it will all sort out shortly. Besides, the customer care ticket said they were 'planning' to change the way Throwbacks were done. Maybe it's all still in discussion stage. We're a smart bunch of people we can figure this out. I'm going to go back and look some more, to find what exactly my info siad, when I find where I got it.

In the meantime, if anyone has more info, or opinions or even guesses, please post them. Glu is always asking for feedback. I don't think this subject would be any different.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    1y9107.png

I uploaded this to my instagram a couple days ago theres no more throwback weekly events glu plans to do it differently now
    I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire
  • MirelaMirela Registered Users 64 Posts
    1y9107.png

I uploaded this to my instagram a couple days ago theres no more throwback weekly events glu plans to do it differently now

"[...] we are also planning on releasing those amazing Throwbacks items in a different manner [...]." What in the bl**dy hell is this supposed to mean?!
    The name is Mirela. A+++.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »

Cherrey: This is true, very true. And I got plenty of things I really love. But at the same time, I have to agree with Bobbie also--this is just plain weird.

And taking into consideration what Koko's said, her own piece as well as relaying the rather strange explanations from Glu: This just doesn't sound right; none of it. It's very peculiar; and it makes very little sense. Plus Glu's ambiguity in their various descriptions/responses just seem to give us the runaround, in a spin that actually provides no real answer at all. They seem to be talking in circles, and what they're saying doesn't make too much sense at all. Sigh.

Oh, plus last month--that update said we'd get a Show Your Style voting event...but it never happened. Then, over this past weekend I had about four(!) mini updates: one adding KL items; a second one organizing the new items at the top of their respective wardrobes; a third one to add the message to the megaphone on our game screen; and what the fourth one did, for the life of me I do not know.:(

If they would just speak plainly and let us know clearly what's to expect, we wouldn't have to wonder; and regardless of that anyway, we wouldn't have to try to pick apart and decipher what it is they're trying to tell us. Or are avoiding telling us? It kind of sounds like they don't know what they're doing tbph. But right here, I think everybody's words and ideas are so valid. Um..."You can't fight City Hall"? That's a funny old phrase considering the KKH dolls--because that's exactly what we do. We *do* fight City--Glu--Hall! Ha.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I think Bobbie misunderstood the details about throwback events in Glu's FAQ.

Glu doesn't want to guarantee throwback events every week or every 2 weeks and so on, that's something I can understand and deal with. Hence, they said a chance.

You can't trigger throwback events, when Glu rolls it out, then we have it, if not we just continue to play. It doesn't mean when you have nothing to do in the game, you get throwback events.

We've got 9 weeks (or 10?) of throwback, I enjoyed it. 36 pieces of free clothing per game, I can totally wait patiently for Glu to be ready with re-releasing throwback events.
    PM to add
    That's very true Nai, and I thought as you did, till the revised FAQs about the throwbacks. I'll quote and leave the link, but I'm too lazy to copy upload and paste.

When do Throwback Events happen?

Throwback Events start at different times for different players but they never happen while another event is running. Play often and you can start wearing amazing items you may have missed!

That's here

Does this sound like we will all have the event when it rolls out?

Know what, I'm going to find exactly what my info said. I'm going to read it over until I see where I could have been so wrong. And i apologize for giving you all misinformation. it certainly doesn't help my credibility.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Yes, that's been in the FAQs since the beginning (even though it says its been amended last month).

When they say start at different times for different players, I basically interpreted it as:

Players in my country will get the event at 5pm.
    Players in UK will get it at their time 10am.
    Players in Brazil will get it at their time 6am.

But it's simultaneously at the same time, like how events have been run for 2 years now. It's just the a timezone thing when they say that.
    PM to add
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    What Nai says below is how I interpreted it as well. OMG could you imagine the chaos if Glu started randomly giving out throwback events it only selected players????? :confused: There would be A LOT of unhappy players! :(
    Naimonster wrote: »
    When they say start at different times for different players, I basically interpreted it as:

Players in my country will get the event at 5pm.
    Players in UK will get it at their time 10am.
    Players in Brazil will get it at their time 6am.

But it's simultaneously at the same time, like how events have been run for 2 years now. It's just the a timezone thing when they say that.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    The amount of support tickets would be unbelievable haha. Nobody would be able to tell if it was a glitch or not if some people got it but others didn't. After reading through everything posted I still think when the throwback event rolls out then everyone gets it. It's just saying there's a chance because they aren't guaranteeing a throwback every week. Instead it might be something else or in the case of this week when the weekend event was extended, we may not get anything at all.
    From your mouth to Glu's ears.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • BobbieMBobbieM Registered Users 789 Posts
    Regardless, the game took a turn of weekend only for me again. No need to waste time all week long grinding. There are no rewards or reasons. Just my opinion.