Weekend Event 7/8/16- This was the Week That Wasn't, or Was it? Now Bring on the VIP

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Mo_Moany.gif

I'm sorry this is late, but it's been a heck of a week. The GluGods, in their infinite Wisdom
looked down upon us and said
~Go Play KKG~

Now the spoilers are in,

and it's time to start the Pre-Game Show

What will you buy?
What will you win?
How was your week?
We started a heat wave in NY But of course
my pool is another week away from opening.
See, I got nothing.

Someone have a theme?
Anyone have any excitement to share?

Hmmm.

This is no good, it goes again my radio blood for dead air.
C'mon guys. The show must go on.

So somebody give us a theme, and we'll use it!

Midorihat2.jpg

Here's one more, But when they sing "Girls" you then sing "And Guys"

Tune is infectious, almost makes me want to go play.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134

Comments

• NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    As I mentioned in the other thread, the VIP items are absolute trash and not worth getting. I'm also slightly annoyed that the only decent outfit is the one you have to pay for.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I had planned on buying a couple pets, hairstyles, new Karl clothes, and giftboxes, but the VIP event clothing is so bad that I don't think I will now. Instead, I will keep saving and hope for a good event sometime soon.

Reposting the images here, thanks to LindaVB for posting!:
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Just found the spoiler for the girls:

image_zpse89fbcf2.jpeg

I'm so unimpressed... I had a whole wishlist made with what I was going to buy this VIP event... but seriously there is nothing VIP about the earner outfit...

image_zpsjeojeqqs.jpeg

And a Shop My Closet! Cute!!! Will most likely get this one lol!!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    I was going to buy the club and all the goodies to go with it. Until next time, vip.

I do like the pink pants, they are so Jem and the Holograms, but not enough... no dazzle factor, just color.

I'll buy a simple thing, maybe one of Marias random crack deals to earn the free box. But plz, not the purse or body suit...

The box outfit looks like the full body Spanx suit you wear before putting on the outfit you really want =(

But yay!! Kim's pick gives celeb points!!! I'm sad we don't get points for the other pick packs, but here's to the future o/
  • AmyTAmyT Registered Users 1,164 Posts
    Yay, you know I actually can't even think about going to sleep on a Thursday evening until the weekend thread is live :D

The items.... Hmmmm.... Well, I quite like the 'earnable' coat, but I probably wouldn't put it on my doll until autumn. The sunglasses are cute too, I love oversized shades :) I want the gift box hair but don't think I'll chase it past 3 boxes of my first pallet. I'll also skip the shop Kim's closet this time round, they're nice items but of course we already have similar things already. Even the hairstyle reminds me of one we got a couple of weeks ago.

But I'm pleased that it's not a grinding weekend, I'm going to visit my mum and stepdad this weekend :)

I'm still waiting to buy a some NARS makeup, I've been waiting for a VIP weekend but the items from this one and the last haven't tempted me to part with my Kstars. I was all ready to purchase some new KL items too (especially those cute hats with the ears! <3) but I think I'll hang in until next VIP...

Happy weekend, dolls :D
    Top 20 +++
    My doll's name is Madison :)
    (~~ one cat short of crazy! ~~)

iOS player ~~ GC AmyTMadison
    Pm me if you'd like to add Madison on Facebook :)

#fangsforNai
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Well, I hate both outfits. I think my plan is to just buy one gift box and then get the free gift box from spending 15 k-stars. I like the hair and I think I might even like the purse, just not with the spanx bodysuit its currently paired with. Other than that, I guess I'll just keep saving my k-stars till next time! Might take a break from the game this weekend, we shall see.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    I'm not crazy about the outfits either but I just loaded up on kstars and have been picking out things to buy all week since didn't have a midweek event so I'll probably still splurge on a pet, some of the new Karl klothes, and Kim's pick. I was blessed with the rapid recharge again today so I was able to earn another product placement (champagne, had vodka last week and pretty sure my reality show was 8 hours of my doll getting schwasted) and enough kash for a new house. Calabasas here I come!!
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Not too excited about the outfits either. I think if it was another event I probably would be fine with them but something about spending my precious K-stars makes me feel like I need something extra special in return. Anyone else feel that way?

I'll probably get most of the items anyways. I've skipped most of the last two vip events so I'm just sitting on a pile of k-stars and an even longer shopping list that I've been putting off.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    urnxo wrote: »
    I'm not crazy about the outfits either but I just loaded up on kstars and have been picking out things to buy all week since didn't have a midweek event so I'll probably still splurge on a pet, some of the new Karl klothes, and Kim's pick. I was blessed with the rapid recharge again today so I was able to earn another product placement (champagne, had vodka last week and pretty sure my reality show was 8 hours of my doll getting schwasted) and enough kash for a new house. Calabasas here I come!!

Can I come sit next to you? I haven't gotten any offers about anything. One game has the champagne in Malibu, but nothing for the others. I haven't made up my mind about the clothes.

I too wanted the club, the polar bear, all the furnishings for the club. And I really cleaned up during the sales on KStars, so like others they are burning a hole in my Michael Kors Wallet. But I want my purchases to go toward something really nice. I'll have to take a look again.

Thanks for the photos.:) I was off trying to get back in to an email account. The messenger let me in,but mail, no. So, I had to open account after account because to get yahoo, I first had to get into google so yahoo could send a new password code, but to get into the google, I had to get into another gmail account. ugh. finally I got it all set up. So now, where are the clothes again. I have to take a better look.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    Spoiler for male
    image_zpsdhizvnag.jpeg
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Spoiler for male
    image_zpsdhizvnag.jpeg

I literally don't like anything. xD
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I usually sit out VIPs but I bought some kstars on sale and was so excited to buy the club and the polar bear! Now I think I may wait. I like the pink pants but I do NOT want another dang pair of sunglasses. I don't play K& K so I am not involved in the Krew activities, but I love reading your comments about it! I checked out the K&K forum and felt like a fish WAY out of water lol. So please, keep a thread or two here on KKH so I can read up on the Krew news!
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Hrm... I don't recall many (especially for the guys) VIP things that are really "VIP-like"? Every single VIP has boring, drab, black/neutral coloured clothing. I thought VIP was supposed to signify "VIPness"? These are supposed to be the clothes that make us want to spend money on them. The final item being 500 stars or close to $45 USD.

Glu must having people buying these clothes since they keep on releasing same toned, plain looking clothes every single VIP... LOL. Am I the only one who thinks these clothes should/could have more "flashiness" to them and be more glamorous? xD
    AmyT wrote: »
    Yay, you know I actually can't even think about going to sleep on a Thursday evening until the weekend thread is live :D

The items.... Hmmmm.... Well, I quite like the 'earnable' coat, but I probably wouldn't put it on my doll until autumn. The sunglasses are cute too, I love oversized shades :) I want the gift box hair but don't think I'll chase it past 3 boxes of my first pallet. I'll also skip the shop Kim's closet this time round, they're nice items but of course we already have similar things already. Even the hairstyle reminds me of one we got a couple of weeks ago.

But I'm pleased that it's not a grinding weekend, I'm going to visit my mum and stepdad this weekend :)

I'm still waiting to buy a some NARS makeup, I've been waiting for a VIP weekend but the items from this one and the last haven't tempted me to part with my Kstars. I was all ready to purchase some new KL items too (especially those cute hats with the ears! <3) but I think I'll hang in until next VIP...

Happy weekend, dolls :D

Well, keeping that in mind, I'll try and do it earlier, You need time to hydrate and recharge. lol. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I had planned on buying a couple pets, hairstyles, new Karl clothes, and giftboxes, but the VIP event clothing is so bad that I don't think I will now. Instead, I will keep saving and hope for a good event sometime soon.

Reposting the images here, thanks to LindaVB for posting!:

Ok, Just saw the hair in the Gift box. Koko will Chase the Hair. AppleP will chase the hair, and Z will chase the hair. lol. There, I've said it. I mist have that long long braid. OMG. I might be able to dress my doll like a college picture of me. lol. So...plan for the Event....Chase the hair then look for .......the 'snap shots' It was point n shoot back in the dark ages of the early 90s.I have to go drool over the braid some more. Oh, and the earner shades look fun too. I just got a Maria Crack Deal for new Sunnies that look very much like the ones in the earner boxes. Let me see which they are and you tell me if you agree.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh no I was waiting that this weekend we would get the samurai bun... Glu stop to play with me, just you are thinking this is fun I'm not, just feeling the unstoppable boredom!
    image_zpsdhizvnag.jpeg

Thanks for posting it Peter!

I love headbands too bad that the hair is curly if it was straight I would die for it.

I pass the brown sunglasses.

Both shoes are great, love the color of the blazer and the texture of the pants, I'm crazy about vests. If wasn't a VIP I would be pretty satisfied.

Let's see how those will be organized tomorrow and think about it.

Now something important: This is the first VIP weekend since the new mechanics of reality shows were introduced, so let's keep an eye if they will reward k-stars as 5star rated gig or if Glu changed that too...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • kkhollywoodzkkhollywoodz Registered Users 34 Posts
    omg im so let down!!! those items are terrible, maybe ill buy kim's closet but that's it. wow so mad right now, been waiting for this event all week cause i really wanted a new look. should i keep going? when's the next? do these take long?
  • LxtwnLxtwn Registered Users 56 Posts
    Ugh, I was hoping the girl's hair wasn't a giftbox item. I usually wear my hair in a braid and is also really long, so I was looking forward to my doll having it too.
  • MirelaMirela Registered Users 64 Posts
    Glu is getting worse and worse with the events.
    The name is Mirela. A+++.
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    LOL I feel like literally every VIP event people are disappointed with the items and vow to save their stars for the next... only for the next event to have items just as underwhelming... etc etc the cycle goes on and on. I long ago gave up hope that a VIP event will have earnables that are actually decent. I still participate and earn all four items though, no matter how underwhelming they are, because I literally never spend k-stars (unless it's on a throwback box) outside of the VIP weekends. There are too many things I want and that I've waited to buy, I'm not going to wait any more, especially when it's a virtual guarantee the next VIP event will have items just as unimpressive lmao.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • inging Registered Users 54 Posts
    For everyone but facebook players
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    I am giggling at VIPness. Say that out loud but not at work lol. Omg I am 28 yrs old and laughing at something so juvenile :)

But anyway, I am grinding for my k stars and enough to open that box and getting the sunglasses because I don't want them in any future TBE boxes. Noooo mooooreee sunglasses!
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Do reality show gigs still count as a professional gig after the new update? Part of me really wants to work on my comeback but the other part keeps thinking if I do reality gigs i can get more stars :P
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Cilan wrote: »
    Hrm... I don't recall many (especially for the guys) VIP things that are really "VIP-like"? Every single VIP has boring, drab, black/neutral coloured clothing. I thought VIP was supposed to signify "VIPness"? These are supposed to be the clothes that make us want to spend money on them. The final item being 500 stars or close to $45 USD.

Glu must having people buying these clothes since they keep on releasing same toned, plain looking clothes every single VIP... LOL. Am I the only one who thinks these clothes should/could have more "flashiness" to them and be more glamorous? xD

I'm right there with you, Cilan!! VIP should mean something extra special and glam!! I've been pretty disappointed with the last few VIPs :(
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    I am giggling at VIPness. Say that out loud but not at work lol. Omg I am 28 yrs old and laughing at something so juvenile :)

But anyway, I am grinding for my k stars and enough to open that box and getting the sunglasses because I don't want them in any future TBE boxes. Noooo mooooreee sunglasses!

Hahahaha oh my gosh :D it took me a sec, but now I can't stop giggling either!!! And I'm 29! Hahaha VIPness :P at least you're not alone, girl ;)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »

OH GOD. I AM 27 AND I JUST BUSTED OUT LAUGHING TOO. I totally didn't catch that lol!!! When I said it out loud, I was like. Hrm.... hahahahah. This made my night. xD (must have been a freudian slip! :X)
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    HAHAHA Cilan!!

Just google or search YouTube if you guys didn't catch that.
    PM to add
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    I am so glad it's VIP and I absolutely hate the items lol I'll buy something for 20kstars, just to open the box.. and maybe I'll buy Kim's pick.. but maybe.. I'll have to see them on my doll first.

I still don't get the VIPness thing :confused: I'll have to google it.
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    The items are UGLY. Goddammit glu you can definitely do better than THIS
  • MissJanuary83MissJanuary83 Registered Users 30 Posts
    Dolls, If you buy the bar you can buy a pet polar bear! I just spent 80 kstars on him even though I hate all the event items, because he is so cute!

I don't know if the polar bear is old news, but it made my night. 😉
    You can call me Tiffany.
    iOS player
    Active daily on KKH, KKG & BSAD
    GC: Tiffany12683
    Star ID: 2J2E2NWR
  • LunaVLunaV Registered Users 51 Posts
    I was so happy that it was a VIP Event weekend but I don't really like the items, except the jacket :(
    Also I'm VERY happy the reality show gigs still count as professional gigs! It's stupid we don't get fans anymore, but hey, can't complain :D
    GameCenter: Lunaa_x3
    Doll's name: Daisy / A-List

Please send me a Private Message before adding me on GameCenter. I will not accept random requests.