Feedback from KK:H Players on the Updated Kendall & Kylie Game

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
Hi. The Tuesday thread is becoming unweildy, (full of throwback feedback) and Glu requests our Feedback on the new KKG Update. I might copy over some posts, but please post your impression of the new and improved K&KG.

I was wowed! The social feature of Krews is awesome. We NEED KREWS in no we need our Entourage in Kimmie's game Stat! lol. The prospect of playing with all my friends, Android and iOS together in one game is mind blowing. (KKH needs something mindblowing right now :) )

And, I'm disappointed that we can't buy the travel straight out. Month by month doesn't work for me. :(

Other than that I love it. THe Good of the interaction with all my friends and messaging far outweighs the travel thing.

And speaking of in game messaging....I haven't gotten it to work.
Kreds - I've tried tapping the headshot....no menu pops up.

iOS & Android :)
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1

Comments

• katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Thanks for getting this started!

In terms of the travel, paying monthly also does not work for me, K&K needs something more like KKH, it would make me want to play a lot more. My K&K game still runs very slow as well.

I really like the new krew feature, and I really do think we need something similar in KKH. Koko, I'm going to post some pictures for you down below so you can see the chat/kreds - I'm sorry they aren't working for you! Also, as you can see in the images, Ko is glitched! I cannot click of her thumbnail to send kred, Koko is fine.

Things I like in the new krew feature:
    - ability to send members of your krew "kred" to unlock giftboxes
    - ability to unlock giftboxes for everyone in your krew when you buy k-gems
    - a way to make krew private so that only people you know can join
    - ability to chat with members of your krew
    - ability to delete friends

Things that I don't like:
    - how difficult it is to find/add someone to a krew
    - the very "young" vibe I get from it (I don't know if I can really explain this)
    - the limit on how many people you can have in a krew (I get why it is there, but wish the limit was a little higher)

(I will update as I think of more things!)

IMG_0743.jpg
    ^ list of people in krew/chat

IMG_0742.jpg
    ^receiving kred/sending kred
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Since the recent update the game seems to be running so much more smoothly! It may make me want to play more. The new Krew feature is awesome. Playing with friends iOS and Android is much more motivating to play.

I agree the negatives are I wish we could add more people to a Krew. I suppose right now more people would make it too easy to get Krew boxes and items. I also don't like the monthly transport. That is a no. It needs to be a one time payment like KKH and I would be all over that and enjoy playing the game much more.

My last complaint it that Perry calls for every single pending quest everytime I log on. It needs to be like KKH where after the first call I can choose to have him call when I'm ready. I currently have a lot of pending quests and I take forever choosing "not right now" until I can start playing

Long story short the glitches seem to have improved tremendously and I'm very happy with where this game is going. There was a long while I gave up on the game now I have some hope it may be great!

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    My game still lags, still can't get into a krew with other KKH Glu ladies so it's a bit frustrating. I like the idea and hopefully we can have a similar feature in KKH since it's about the only way we can cross platforms and interact with friends from other platforms
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    I have been a lurker of the forum for a while but am an active player on both KKH and K&K and I love the new features with the update. I have been lucky to not have any issues with the game as of yet, everything seems to be running pretty smoothly. I requested to joining one of the Krews, name in the game is Lydia Bailey. :)
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    tara98gold wrote: »
    I have been a lurker of the forum for a while but am an active player on both KKH and K&K and I love the new features with the update. I have been lucky to not have any issues with the game as of yet, everything seems to be running pretty smoothly. I requested to joining one of the Krews, name in the game is Lydia Bailey. :)

Oh no, I declined your join request!! So sorry, did not know it was you! Please send it again and i'll add you to KKH Glu Krew 2!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Oh no, I declined your join request!! So sorry, did not know it was you! Please send it again and i'll add you to KKH Glu Krew 2!

Just sent it again! :) Thanks!!
  • Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    I've been playing for a while

the krew thing is fun I really like it

the travel is the most useless thing Glu has rolled out in my opinion I'd rather pay 300 gems for a private jet that I can use forever than 300 gems for free travel for one month.

I feel like they could be doing way better in the clothes department they come out with these expensive collections which are nice but as far as the regular closet goes it can be way better

As for the glitches the weekend events are the true tests of whether or not the glitches have been fixed
  • LarinexLarinex Registered Users 103 Posts
    Game is ok except for lack of storyline tasks to do most times.
    I don't understand the krew and kred yet though i did request to join one of the KKH Glu krew name is Mirelle on the game no response yet
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    Larinex wrote: »
    Game is ok except for lack of storyline tasks to do most times.
    I don't understand the krew and kred yet though i did request to join one of the KKH Glu krew name is Mirelle on the game no response yet
    I believe both groups are full now, just so you know.

I think the thing I find most annoying about the game is how hard it is to get energy. On the 6 hour events it seems nearly impossible to complete sometimes. Travel is so expensive and the tappables take so ridiculously long to recharge.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    First: Koko's "Entourage"? *That* is much more appropriate for a more sophisticated game such as KKH. Which leads me to this: last week or this week?--I read another player's summation of K&K as "...childish..." And that pretty much says it all for me. Some other things I feel are:

• I don't really, after all, belong as Krew, unfortunately, because I rarely play K&K. Why?
    • It's too flat and one-dimensional for me
    • I'm sorry, but I find it boring
    • I don't like opening boxes that contain stickers. Sure, they're cute, but useless
    • I really dislike the portrait play aspect. It makes the whole game narrow and too tiny a playing field
    • Transitions from one screen to the next are slightly, very slightly better, but still too rocky for me; they're a teensy bit smoother, and it interrupts game play, causing negative feelings and game play atmosphere
    • Did I mention stickers?
    • Severe lack of tappables, most importantly for energy; this soooo kills things

Sorry, I have some more to add, but we're going out to dinner, back later.

P.S. I do love my K&K doll, I just play so rarely; mostly a bit of events, also rare; and did I mention stickers?

More reasons in EDIT, below. (Sorry it's so long!)

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait! "Childish" might not be the right word for me to use. It's not meant as an insult either. I guess what I'd rather say is this is a game intended for tweens, teens, possibly younger twenty somethings, and I think it's just not for me. I definitely had fun in the beginning. Well, for a very little while. But it was so rife with problems as to be unplayable, that I had to delete it from my phone altogether. It got really frustrating and upsetting, I just couldn't deal anymore, and not just over losing real money. (Which was bad enough.:() I would do gigs, and bam! Shut down. Reopen, there's Perry calling me to do the same gig. Again and again and again. Soon it became a huge letdown and annoyance doing the same stuff over and over again, I refused any more. I would buy things (I bought K-gems with irl money of course, there were so many cute things I at least wanted a head start with, Pac Sun, yes, but the Nour stuff--I bought and lost some of the most beautiful things an in-game doll could want). And I would win event items or make event progress and then suddenly boom--black screens, shutdowns over and over and over and over. All gone. More, my whole phone was freezing; I can't let a game app freeze my whole phone! And also--it was restarting my phone altogether. Bad. So bad. Everything. I got sooo more upset even more. I was constantly losing everything I bought, from expensive K-gem items to K-gems themselves; kash earned from gigs as well as kash and energy bolts and K-gems won as I met milestones. I lost my hard-earned (same gigs, so many losses, too many times) rankings and winnings and payouts. There were some clothes/shoes/jewelry (never lost a handbag tho!) I just liked so much I wasted gems or kash buying them a second time. And too--I lost things overnight, when I was asleep! I wasn't even playing the game, and when I woke up my poor doll's things were gone. Finally I'd had enough and deleted the game. I didn't need the aggravation, losses, frustration, and upset. About two months later I wandered over to the K&K forum to see what might be up, and thoug many of my friends had given up and abandoned the game also, there were still a few left. A few things had also seemed to have been cleared up a bit, so I reinstalled the game, which had been saved in both iTunes and Game Center (I hadn't realized that happened, so was pretty cool to find out). So...

The same stories over again--huge lack of tappables; limited and uncomfortable portrait frame; losing gigs in the middle of them....I decided to not spend even a penny more on the game, because what for? I stopped playing again. Now I only drop by to do a little shopping for my doll (hey, girl's gotta shop!), participate in a minute bit of an event--why earn only to lose? And I really love the hairstyles and hair colors, makeup, a bunch of clothes--the shoes tho, not enuf there, and so on. Then today I stopped in because I was looking for a particular Krew to join; it wasn't there when I put Katie A in, and when I did a Search she didn't turn up either. But--more new clothes! Cynthia Rowley, Nicole Miller (I have to say I just right now tapped the app to open and it shut rightttttt down :(); Loeffler! Many must-have! And hey: K-GEM SALE!!! About to tap on a nice-size pack, I thought to myself, wait. What am I doing?? Because SALE!!! No. I can't take advantage of the sale and all the gorge new stuff only to lose it all. So I shut down the game and for some reason seem to be hiding my time for...what? I don't know. I only know all the time--so much time!, money, etc., I already lost was not going to happen again. Regrettably I had to stop trying clothes on on my doll. So, after this long-winded...it wouldn't be right for me to join a Krew when I now play so little. Always disillusioned with K&K. But I adore all my friends who play, and I know it's still rocky for many of them; but I hope they continue to have a good time and that all kinds of good things come their K&K way.<3
    Isabeau, you described my feelings towards this game perfectly lol. Thanks
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Knock on wood I've always been lucky and the game has always run like a charm for me even now. I wish it was that way for others as well.
    bladeoo wrote: »
    Isabeau, you described my feelings towards this game perfectly lol. Thanks

<3<3<3 doll!
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I'd love to see a "krew" or "group" feature in KKH but NOT if it's going to jeopardize the integrity of the game (ie, lag time, crashes, etc)
    Just wanted to leave a note...

...that I started playing K&K again last night...

Between, you know, all the shutdowns, crashing, and freezing, along with freezing my entire phone and forcing me to restart it because K&K had rendered it entirely useless.

You know, I have eleven--11!--game apps on my phone, *not* including KKH or K&K, and can you please tell me why I have never had any problems whatsoever with any of them, but K&K is like the bish from hell? It also opened my FaceTime, and Siri too. This is a real invasion of my privacy, what's with that?! The app is also opening undesirable windows in Safari.

Anyway. I've been taking notes, both good things and *not* good things, but today's really busy for me so I'll have to post them later. I just wanted to mention it here for anyone who might want to know.
  • dsofiasc30dsofiasc30 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Hey, I'm and Android player and I started playing K&K yesterday. I had already played when it since came out but it had so many bugs I had to stop playing it. My cousin started playing yesterday too (She's iOs) but we don't have the krew option 🙁 We've already checked if there's any update we didn't made but it's everything updated. Someone please help us 😱😱😱
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    Hey, dsofiasc30. If you just started (again) yesterday, you might not be a high enough level yet! Krews are level 7+, I'm pretty sure. Hope that helps!
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    I like the new update. I was not accepted in the Krew for whatever reason lol so I can't give feedback on that. The quests I find very cool, I like that the our enemy is not as boring as Willow, that girl can be a lot, which make things interesting.

Some say they don't like the lack of tappables but for me the rythm of the game is perfect. It gives me time to go live life while I wait for the energy and comback when I'm ready. With KKH we have both options so, maybe take a look at that and adapt.

I can't point out what is it about KKH that makes me like it a lot more than K&K, some say KK is more teen like...can be, but in a sense they are one and the same, still KKH makes me want to comeback home to play waaay more that KK and that says a lot I think. Maybe is the feeling that with KKH I feel like I'm growing in the game or, better, the character is while in KK that feeling comes in level 20+ when you see your doll having millions of followers and actually being 'famous'.

Oh houses, man...does it have to be impossible to have a complete house in that game? I mean...I don't even think about buying a house for KK doll unless asked because is just the same as to not have them.

And I think that's it. Thanks Glu for taking the time and interest on listening to a bunch of girls/boys complaining about a virtual world lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    I came to say that I noticed the tappables throw out more energy and even k gems at times. It helped out with finishing an otherwise grueling Work It weekend event. So thanks Glu, for that. The Krew thing is still unstable and sometimes I can't click on headshots to give out Kred.
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I downloaded KK game when it first came out to get the Kross over prize on KKH. Then I stopped playing KK because it was too hard for me to manage two new games at the same time and I like KKH better. After reading forum KKH dolls' discussion about KK game recently, I decided to open the game and see what's going on now. I'm at level 8 when Kendall set me up with a date named Ben. (I said I'm interested in men.) At the event, I met Ben who is a female looking Ben. I friend zone him/her. (Again, Kendall, I said I'm interested in Men!!) Then his/her speech bubble became yellow again, so I talked to him/her again. Then his/her name changed to "Zoe". So, after this Caitlyn Jenner thing, Glu has to put transgender characters in the game?! :(

image.jpg
    Where is my Ben?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Angeline, it's a current known glitch. You must have had 2 quests in this location hence the dialogues all get messed up. Zoe Pereira is a storyline character, a photographer at Caprice mag.
    PM to add
    Thanks Nai, but where is my Ben? I don't have him in my contacts. Do I get to meet him in another gig?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Thanks Nai, but where is my Ben? I don't have him in my contacts. Do I get to meet him in another gig?

Actually, he should be in your contacts as a friend since you friendzoned him.
    PM to add
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Actually, he should be in your contacts as a friend since you friendzoned him.

No, these two guys are all I have on my list.
    image.png
    Where is my Ben?

Edit: I do have another gig in the same location. I will go do it and see if I get to meet the real Ben.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    I found my Ben! Oh ... my ... goodness, I had to say sorry to Kendall. He is so not my type although he is wearing the Angel shirt for me though. I'm so glad that he is not on my contact list.

image.png
    Found my real Ben, but Sorry!

Edit: After the gig, Ben called and wanted to meet up at Santa Monica, so I went there to talk to him. Now he is on my contact list. Fine. I will just ignore him. :p
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    No, these two guys are all I have on my list.
    image.png
    Where is my Ben?

Edit: I do have another gig in the same location. I will go do it and see if I get to meet the real Ben.

OMG I had both NPCs on my game.:cool: I thought all NPCS looked different on everyone's game(s).:confused:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

OMG I had both NPCs on my game.:cool: I thought all NPCS looked different on everyone's game(s).:confused:

Air Five, Carol. I don't know. I'm so new to this game but I read some where else that someone said everyone's Ben is different.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Air Five, Carol. I don't know. I'm so new on this game but I read some where else that someone said everyone's Ben is different.

Well I meant the NPCs from your contact list but my Ben always looked different since I've restarted my game 3 times due to in-game issues.:(
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

These same guys are in my game also, and each with the same name.

One time a forum member posted a pic of her and her husb at their wedding ceremony, and I was so surprised to see the same guy in someone else's game! And he's really mean in mine! You know, said things like, "Are you going to hurry up and ask me out or should I go find someone better than you?" Hahaha. Yeah, even an NPC can be an obnoxious loser!
    I found my Ben! Oh ... my ... goodness, I had to say sorry to Kendall. He is so not my type although he is wearing the Angel shirt for me though. I'm so glad that he is not on my contact list.

image.png
    Found my real Ben, but Sorry!

Edit: After the gig, Ben called and wanted to meet up at Santa Monica, so I went there to talk to him. Now he is on my contact list. Fine. I will just ignore him. :p

My Ben Campbell, who Kendall set my doll up with at the beginning of the game, is younger-looking, and has long white hair parted in the middle. Gotta love a dude with long hair....:p