Options

Monday Never Felt Better - 7/12/16 Midweek event maybe? Let's talk.

Comments

• Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Hmm...I think that Glu is still testing the 4 hr gigs for newer players I suppose⁉

I never had 4 hr gigs on my first original game either.:confused:

The 4hr gigs look like the weekend event gigs I missed from the past. Not sure if this is the case.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    There was an android glitch that was spitting out results a few minutes after submitting. Most Androids were finished in a short period of time. So when people say they finished in a few hours, it's not funny business....its android.

but the boxes I got were like the first I posted...in two palettes there were no items, just energy cash and stars. In the other two there was one item. I spent 2 days voting for wasted energy (no storyline) I was sitting maxed out on energy most of the day, so that was wasted. I rolled my KStars prize into another wasted box of cash. Yes, I kept buying boxes because in my feeble mind There had to be a prize somewhere. Um, no there didn't.

Tuesday has gone from a wonderful day to a cruel joke in the game. If you enjoyed it good for you, but you have seen enough no prize palettes in this thread to tell you it was awful for a lot of us.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    There was an android glitch that was spitting out results a few minutes after submitting. Most Androids were finished in a short period of time. So when people say they finished in a few hours, it's not funny business....its android.

but the boxes I got were like the first I posted...in two palettes there were no items, just energy cash and stars. In the other two there was one item. I spent 2 days voting for wasted energy (no storyline) I was sitting maxed out on energy most of the day, so that was wasted. I rolled my KStars prize into another wasted box of cash. Yes, I kept buying boxes because in my feeble mind There had to be a prize somewhere. Um, no there didn't.

Tuesday has gone from a wonderful day to a cruel joke in the game. If you enjoyed it good for you, but you have seen enough no prize palettes in this thread to tell you it was awful for a lot of us.

I might be the very little minority but for me just having an activity in the game is a very good week. I mean, last week I didn't know what to do...and there is plenty to do since both G and Xime are relatively 'new' but I enjoy it a lot more when there is something to have and do that is different. Sometimes I find it a little much when people complain about the 'meh' prizes during events. Is like...what would you do if you had it all?. But I'm a 'the glass is half full' kinda person so the times when I am bored or unhappy are very few.

Also, is not like we have a lot of black giftboxes items and I'm sure if they put in items from other 'natures' in the paletts people would go through the roof with rage. What's a Glu to do then?. We're a bunch of spoiled boys and girls sometimes. :)
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Palettes like Gianna's above only happen if you haven't already found all of those items in daily boxes or in weekend palettes. For a lot of us, all of those items have been "won" so the only thing left to get are kstars or energy or Kash. That's why the prizes for this are so hard for some people to take. At least with throwbacks, you knew you'd get an item rather than just Kash or energy. Players who have slogged through finding every shade of a plastic dress or a sports bra or weird high wasted baggy leggings (sometimes in weekend events!!!) want more than energy or Kash for their time spent in a voting event.
  • Options
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    I might be the very little minority but for me just having an activity in the game is a very good week. I mean, last week I didn't know what to do...and there is plenty to do since both G and Xime are relatively 'new' but I enjoy it a lot more when there is something to have and do that is different. Sometimes I find it a little much when people complain about the 'meh' prizes during events. Is like...what would you do if you had it all?. But I'm a 'the glass is half full' kinda person so the times when I am bored or unhappy are very few.

Also, is not like we have a lot of black giftboxes items and I'm sure if they put in items from other 'natures' in the paletts people would go through the roof with rage. What's a Glu to do then?. We're a bunch of spoiled boys and girls sometimes. :)

I'm usually a cheerleader in the game, but when you get a hair in your meal, you complain about it. I agree an activity during the week is great. But, you submit your outfit, vote and wait for 4 hours. Just about everyone I've heard complain about the format of the event, felt that the 4 hours for completion of a round should have included the possibility of reducing time WITH AN ACTION, maybe tapping through special gigs. Let me submit an outfit, then work to get the results faster. But submitting the outfit, and even with as much voting as I did, it seemed like a hit it, and walk away and wait.

I hardly think I'm sounding like a spoiled child, when over the course of 2 days In 32 boxes on 4 palettes only one box contained an item. I call that justified dissatisfaction. I never saw the earrings going around, I never saw the new black top, the black pants, the red dress. I never saw the old black top gold skirt gown with a bow, I never saw any hair. I didn't see the new black boots. But I have seen Plenty of items posted in other peoples palettes. I have seen palettes with 8 items....none of which I own. In other words, there are Plenty of Black and Gold GB items that I don't have. All the items that have been posted never appeared in my boxes. 31 boxes had energy or cash or stars. And the wait time should have been offsettable by action on our part.

I'm glad you enjoyed the past two days, but had you not, if you complained that you had 3 palettes with no item prize I wouldn't have called you spoiled. You anticipate a degree of chance. When 8 out of 8 boxes has no item there is no chance. Oh, I did win a nondescript tennis looking pastel dress. The one time in 2 days there was an item in a palette I managed to win it. So, I'm spoiled because I anticipated a chance? There were plenty of items that could have appeared in my iOS game, items I see packing other palettes.
    You submit, and you vote, and you come back and vote some more, the anticipation builds for 4 hours. If it's a lucky payoff - one that results in a box you select one, and get cash. Ok, you think you picked a bad box. So you buy another for 20 Stars, increasing your odds in your mind from 1/8 to 1/4 that you'll get a wardrobe prize. Ok, that box was energy. Surely a third box will have something. Now you've spent 50 Stars.......you get another $2500. When all the boxes are revealed, and you see there was not so much as another pair of black shoes the realization that you had no chance is very disappointing. At best it was only 12 hours of anticipation till your box (if you won each round) at worst about a day...all that anticipation with no way to shorten it aside from spending more stars...to see you never had a chance. And that's spoiled? I think the settings on the random generator need to be tweaked. Like include a minimum of one wardrobe prize in each palette, then you have a chance.

But the nice thing about this forum everyone can voice their opinion free from judgement. Pretty much. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    But the nice thing about this forum everyone can voice their opinion free from judgement. Pretty much. :)

I agree with everything you said Koko. I understand that you aren't going to get an outfit/hair/accessory in every box that you open, but some of the "prizes" that they put into the boxes are kind of ridiculous. $4000 kash in a GOLD box? That's hardly a "prize."

I've accepted that I usually have bad luck with the boxes in this game, it is what it is. But this event is particularly bad for me (will post pictures once I open the last box in a couple of hours).

I don't think providing feedback on a newer event is acting like "spoiled boys and girls." While yes, any event is better than none, this one was ill thought out. Things are trial and error sometimes. Hopefully Glu recognizes this and makes some adjustments.

And Gianna - your palettes were amazing! I too have a lot of giftbox items that I haven't yet received, but my palettes still had a lot more kash/energy in them. Congrats!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    I got $4000 cash in my 3rd box, my second cash gift this event. My first box contained K-Stars and most of my palettes contained cash, energy, or k-stars. Not too many clothing items or hair. While it is nice to have the extra cash since my doll wants to buy another home, it would have been nice to get something else too since I am fairly new to the game and don't have a whole lot of cool clothing and stuff.

The event as whole has been long too. I might get to my 4th box but these four hour wait times are torture and on top of it I haven't been winning most rounds so I am not getting a whole lot in return. Hoping for some cooler items the next time. :)
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm so sorry that many of you are being tortured by this event, ugh!

I had lucky and finished it on few hours and I forgot aboutit , but have to deal with it for two days and receive those awful prizes is too much for anyone!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hello everyone I hope that you had a good mid week event. For me this was the most boring event probably b/c it seemed to drag on for three days and I couldn't complete it faster due to waiting for 4 hours to get some event points. I know I shouldn't complain and be grateful we got an event this week with prizes, but I just can't help to be a bit disappointed. The prizes I got weren't that great either. In order I got energy, kash, and more kash, for the first three boxes. In the last box, I got 40 K stars and used 20 of them to open another box and got some sunglasses.

These are the looks that I submitted for the voting. I had used some old looks that I saved in the lookbook and rotated them throughout the event. The ones on the far left are the looks that won at least once. The ones on the far right are the looks that didn't win at all, and the one in the middle is the look that seem to always win so I repeatedly submitted that look for the last half the event until I was finished.

Iam3v97l.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Watch this - Soundspretty what platform are you playing on?

Android. Some submissions took about 30 minutes, some an hour, some the full four hours. It seems to be that way with each of these events though. That's why I think it's a continuous glitch. The last time we had a style event it was the same way.

To be honest I thought the event was based on votes. So if you got a certain amount of up votes you won without having to wait the full 4 hours. That's why I never questioned it before, but apparently that's not the way it works :(
  • Options
    Okay, here are the images from my giftboxes. I managed to complete the event, mainly because I won with ~most~ of my outfits. I did like being able to see what outfits other users created, however overall the event was very poorly done, and not very fun.

My giftboxes were a complete bust (as you can see). Also, I think something weird happened as I got a white daily gift box item in my gold box? I don't even have ANY of the goldbox items, so how/why did this happen?...

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    Maybe the boxes are on a tier system? So for daily white box you can earn white box items, black boxes you can either earn black or white box items, and the gold box you can earn white, black, or gold? I got the purse that's on the bottom of your first palette with my first black box, and it's a white box item.
  • Options
    Maybe the boxes are on a tier system? So for daily white box you can earn white box items, black boxes you can either earn black or white box items, and the gold box you can earn white, black, or gold? I got the purse that's on the bottom of your first palette with my first black box, and it's a white box item.

That's so not fair! :( We get gold boxes so rarely...
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    Please note that my previous complaints and comments have been purely from my iOS point of view. I kept it that way so I could be the voice of others who had such awful palettes, and were slavely to the clock incase we didn't win.

Now, my Androids had what androids have had in each and every voting event, This is third or 4th, and the first time the iOS game was fixed. Previously the errant timer was happening in both platforms but then were fixed as the event went on. iOS might have had a different problem I don't recall but this was the first time the event ran to time for iOS.

Now my Android twins finished Tuesday brunchy/lunch time. Between the 2 of them I got the new black top, the patchy black pants, red dress and a couple of lesser items. The difference between platforms was the marathon waiting. So, if they let us earn faster time that would be perfect. Something to do....which is the opposite of waiting that pays off with nothing more than time off the counter.

Now, I'm very sorry if I seemed to snap earlier, but I get an actual knot in my heart when I think people being negatively labeled. So Stardust, I apologize. It's like Red to a Bull. You're a lovely member and I didn't mean to offend. Plus I had JUST opened my last box. What I got is already out of my mind.

And....Don't you think a welcome addition to the gift box non wardrobe items would be Get a Free Save in the Look Book? I'd welcome that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    So glad it was a voting event since Im on a trip and dont want to constantly play with my phone. But I'll miss out 1 day of weekend event of grinding eeks!

Jax got a purple suit and the rest are energy and kash.

For Xan I really wanted the bun hairstyle but it never appeared at all : ( I opened boxes, got lots of KStars, red dress, black pants and hoops. I was super lucky as I came out with more KStars than I spent, plus 3 clothing items! No bun hairstyle but next time I'll get it!
    PM to add
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    My pallets were better than what others got this week, but still not what I would call great. The saving grace was I had some extremely lucky picks so I'm grateful for that but overall I just don't like voting events

image.jpg1_zpsgxm4w3ss.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsg9pzxna0.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsoz9xlapi.jpg

image.jpg4_zpskseqoqjy.jpg
  • Options
    I love when you come out ahead with k stars. Like a VIP event where I only spend 15 and get 40 in my black box is the best.
  • Options
    SugarK wrote: »
    My pallets were better than what others got this week, but still not what I would call great. The saving grace was I had some extremely lucky picks so I'm grateful for that but overall I just don't like voting events

image.jpg1_zpsgxm4w3ss.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsg9pzxna0.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsoz9xlapi.jpg

image.jpg4_zpskseqoqjy.jpg

That bracelet isn't a GB item. You buy it with Stars, so that shoots the theory that they weren't including other than GB items. *shrug

But Huge Congrats to everyone who got the Buns. I love that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Has anyone lost their event? I was about 40 points away from finishing my final box. I submitted a look to be voted on, set my timer, and came back just now to check on if it won. My megaphone is still the pink sparkly event one, but when I click on it I only get the Karl screen and nothing else. My event is gone.
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • Options
    ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Has anyone lost their event? I was about 40 points away from finishing my final box. I submitted a look to be voted on, set my timer, and came back just now to check on if it won. My megaphone is still the pink sparkly event one, but when I click on it I only get the Karl screen and nothing else. My event is gone.

I lost my event too, I was close to getting the 4th box which so far has all been garbage (kash and basic purse)
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »

Did this happen after you got the mini update? I went to check in my game and got an update and now my event is gone as well.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    MilicaBMilicaB Registered Users 21 Posts
    My event just disappeared, too
  • Options
    tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    Same happened to me and I just submitted my last outfit and I would have gotten the last points I needed after this one to get the fourth box. Ugh! :(
  • Options
    Same here. Just got a mini update then my voting event disappeared!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Same here. My event is gone. I was only a few points away from getting my 3rd box too! It probably would've just been cash or energy though.. Seeing how everyone else's boxes haven't been so great this time haha :p
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Options
    Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    re: those who lost - have you started a topic in the help forum yet? Perhaps there's enough time to get it fixed before hand???

I just loaded up my own android game to check and the event is still there but I was able to finish beforehand so IDK. It seems really odd for your events to just be gone like that :/
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Options
    trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    image_zpsrduxz9yq.jpeg
    image_zpsjylo9lou.jpeg
    image_zpscqdvurlj.jpeg
    image_zpsgyozjuar.jpeg

Here's all 4 of my boxes. I'm not going to complain about 65 free kstars lol.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Options
    MissJanuary83MissJanuary83 Registered Users 30 Posts
    image_zpsrduxz9yq.jpeg
    image_zpsjylo9lou.jpeg
    image_zpscqdvurlj.jpeg
    image_zpsgyozjuar.jpeg

Here's all 4 of my boxes. I'm not going to complain about 65 free kstars lol.

I'm totally digging that shark sweater! Haha My last box had 40 engery in it! Talk about a let down.
    You can call me Tiffany.
    iOS player
    Active daily on KKH, KKG & BSAD
    GC: Tiffany12683
    Star ID: 2J2E2NWR
  • Options
    Angeline's event just came back in time to see the result. She won all the looks today and got the last box! Yay!

image.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Yes Koko, Glu really needs to clean up their act with gift boxes. It's really not fair when people are getting items that shouldn't even BE in a particular pallets :rolleyes:
    That bracelet isn't a GB item. You buy it with Stars, so that shoots the theory that they weren't including other than GB items. *shrug

But Huge Congrats to everyone who got the Buns. I love that.