Weekend Event 715//16- Under Wraps? No Klue!

Comments

• ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    Looking at the palettes, it seems pretty common for all the event items to be in one. Really hoping this is an actual change, and not just luck, because I think we all deserve some better chances! Krossing my fingers. :o

I definitely like these items much more than the last VIP, so I allowed myself to spend some K-Stars for once. As others have said though -- even if I like the earnable dress, I don't 500-K-Star-like it. It's a shame, but I'm letting it go! Had my eyes on the GB top though, and I have to say the hair and pants grew on me after seeing them on people's dolls.

With the 'free' box, I strayed from my usual spot and missed the shirt. All I could think of was Koko's 'pick the box you would regret not picking if it has what you want' advice. That's what you get for not listening! Then I lucked out on my second try. Only spent 70 K-Stars overall, but I might get weak and reach for the earnable shoes. Happy spending&chasing everyone!
    tumblr_inline_oacstjWXK01reitsa_540.png

tumblr_inline_oacstjItrs1reitsa_540.png
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Okay, here we go:

IMG_0775.jpg

Off to a horrible start. A pair of white daily gift box shoes in my first box (which completed my collection of this style shoe), and +50 energy x2. UFGH.

I went and finished all of my SCL tasks, feeling very discouraged. I also levelled up, which is good, however my energy was already overflowing, so the timing of it wasn't the best.

From levelling up, I got a celebrity perk which gave me +25 kstars - yay!

I decided to try my luck at another palette...

IMG_0776.jpg

I GOT THE HAIR IN MY FIRST BOX! Well fourth, but you know what I mean! If you have followed any of my gift box posts, you know that I have HORRIBLE luck chasing hair. Still so excited that I can't remember what else I got. Oh yeah, +50 energy and +40 kstars.

To open some more? I've always said that I only open boxes with my own kstars when I like all/most of the items. And I do this week, so....

Went to complete some more gigs, and then:

IMG_0777.jpg

This was such a bad palatte. It could have been worse with energy/kash, but I am so %#$(^$# sick of seeing white daily gift box items in these boxes!!! Happy with the +40 kstars. A white giftbox hair (I love getting hair, but still conflicted on this), and white giftbox dress.

I need to spend a few more k-stars for the event, but I'm unsure if I should buy more boxes or actual items for myself? I like the gift box items, but I've already opened so many! Thoughts?
    Buttiel wrote: »
    Looking at the palettes, it seems pretty common for all the event items to be in one. Really hoping this is an actual change, and not just luck, because I think we all deserve some better chances! Krossing my fingers. :o

This wasn't the case for me, but happy that people are having better luck!

***ALSO: I am super sick of writing long posts just to have the forum log me out in the process.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I got the hair in my free box!! Has this ever happened to me before? I don't think it has!
    Congrats to you!!
    I decided to spend enough to get my free box and inside it was the hair!!! So excited!!

image_zpsvw7dbxhw.png

Cherrey congrats! Your doll looks gorgeous!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    This wasn't the case for me, but happy that people are having better luck!

Oh no! I really felt like taking that comment back, the moment I read through your post. I'm so sorry! :eek: Hoping I didn't jynx it!

As for spending more K-Stars, maybe give it some time? I'm as guilty of spending the moment the event started as anyone else, but I originally told myself to wait and hope for some luxe goals. Maybe Maria will offer you something good, and you'll have a purchase you can feel really good about! I know I've seen some people take a break from giftboxes until they're feeling lucky -- nothing scientific, but it feels right, y'know. I say look at the GB items again in a few hours and get a feel on how much you actually need them. And if you don't, spoil yourself and buy something that makes the event feel like a success. Wishing you so much luck, whatever you do!
  • inging Registered Users 54 Posts
    I've been saying this over and over for the past few weeks and it hasn't helped, but I'm crossing my fingers for a good event with some ~decent~ items (I used to say nice, but apparently that was too much to ask for).

It's been months since we've had a dating event, but I'm starting to think Glu has been giving up on those. I remember a rumour last week on Instagram that there was to be two VIP events in a row, but I really doubt that. So, if it isn't a dating event, I'm thinking party.

As usual, I will keep my eyes on Instagram for a spoiler!

Forget having a good event how about just having any event at all.
    Oh no! I really felt like taking that comment back, the moment I read through your post. I'm so sorry! :eek: Hoping I didn't jynx it!

As for spending more K-Stars, maybe give it some time? I'm as guilty of spending the moment the event started as anyone else, but I originally told myself to wait and hope for some luxe goals. Maybe Maria will offer you something good, and you'll have a purchase you can feel really good about! I know I've seen some people take a break from giftboxes until they're feeling lucky -- nothing scientific, but it feels right, y'know. I say look at the GB items again in a few hours and get a feel on how much you actually need them. And if you don't, spoil yourself and buy something that makes the event feel like a success. Wishing you so much luck, whatever you do!

I did have 3 event items show up in 2 of my palettes, so it was better than some weeks! I'm realizing now that the shirt never even showed up for me once, though.

I did buy myself a dress I had been eyeing to start of the event. It's a nude colour, kind of looks like 2 pieces, around 120 kstars? So I am happy with that. I had planned on buying at least one other pet and/or some new Karl items, but the giftboxes were too tempting this week! I am still eyeing the level 30 black lace top (since I just levelled up); I had it in my old game and lovedddddd it. That last palette I had is making me nervous to open any more boxes...

I will wait a bit though! I do have the kstars to spend a couple hundred more, but I only NEED to spend around 60 to complete the event, and I'd much rather save up for the next VIP which can now come at any time!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ing wrote: »
    Forget having a good event how about just having any event at all.

I'm sorry :(. That really isn't fair that some of you haven't been getting events. Are you a Facebook player?

Would you be willing to start over with a different device? I had been playing on my super old iPod, and then finally gave in and switched to my new iPad because the game ran horribly, crashed all the time, etc. Starting over sucked because I had to give up soooo many items, but a couple months later and I am really happy I did it.

Either way, I really hope this gets fixed for you soon. If Glu is going to offer the game on multiple platforms, it should be the FULL game, you should be getting the same experience as anyone else. It seems they have really put Facebook on the back burner and don't care.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts

Hi Buttie, good to see you. Congrats on having all four VIP gift box items in both of your palettes! I hope I will have your luck when I open mine later. I'm usually very slow on opening gift boxes during VIP weekends. I shop for deals (yes, I'm frugal) and always wait to see what deals Maria would offer. I also love to see everyone's palettes here first.

But Katiealexandraa, the last palette you posted scares me! Good luck spending K stars everyone!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    But Katiealexandraa, the last palette you posted scares me! Good luck spending K stars everyone!

At least it wasn't energy/kash, right? I do think I got the best items in the palette in terms of the kstars and hair. If only I had picked the necklace instead of the dress!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Cherrey and Wolf your dolls look amazing, per usual :P I'm close to finishing the event, but feel somewhat uninspired on what to spend the rest of my kstars on to complete. I told myself I wouldn't chase anything this week. Still iffy about the giftbox items... they're cute each on their own for sure... but i think if they were ever to come up in a throwback box in the future, i won't be mad lol good luck to everyone yet to open a box!!
    I did have 3 event items show up in 2 of my palettes, so it was better than some weeks! I'm realizing now that the shirt never even showed up for me once, though.

I did buy myself a dress I had been eyeing to start of the event. It's a nude colour, kind of looks like 2 pieces, around 120 kstars? So I am happy with that. I had planned on buying at least one other pet and/or some new Karl items, but the giftboxes were too tempting this week! I am still eyeing the level 30 black lace top (since I just levelled up); I had it in my old game and lovedddddd it. That last palette I had is making me nervous to open any more boxes...

I will wait a bit though! I do have the kstars to spend a couple hundred more, but I only NEED to spend around 60 to complete the event, and I'd much rather save up for the next VIP which can now come at any time!

I think I know the dress you mean; but either way, buying something you really want is the best way to go! I get so nitpicky with this kind of stuff. I spent 70 K-Stars overall, even though I only needed 50 to get the purse, so now I'm mad at myself for 'wasting' those 20! Feels like I should go for the shoes just to make things right. :rolleyes: I love the lace top though, and I see a lot of dolls wearing it and wearing it well. Definitely popular for a reason!

No surprise here, but I completely agree on not spending any more than you need to. If you have any cheap pets left to buy (or the lace top? I remember that being cheap), you could combine that with one last giftbox. I don't wanna see you get burnt by another bad pick, but the gambler in me keeps going "you've gotta run out of bad luck eventually"! :p
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Xime's palettes. She wanted just the free box but then she couldn't resist the temptation going into KL store in Paris and ended up going for the bag. Then she saw herself in Khloe's outfit and the hair called to her. So, her first palette was the necklace (which Stardust wnats dor herself lol) and second the hair, thank God because if not that was it. I'm trying to start saving for black friday!

Screenshot_2016-07-15-07-04-22-1.png

Screenshot_2016-07-15-07-08-33-1.png
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
    Hi Buttie, good to see you. Congrats on having all four VIP gift box items in both of your palettes! I hope I will have your luck when I open mine later. I'm usually very slow on opening gift boxes during VIP weekends. I shop for deals (yes, I'm frugal) and always wait to see what deals Maria would offer. I also love to see everyone's palettes here first.

Hiya! :) You are everything I want to be haha. Patient, checking out other people's palettes and waiting for Maria. What's better than getting a reward for spending and then some K-Stars back! So much admiration for your discipline -- I just see something shiny and all my impulse control goes out the window. :p I promise you I am doing everything in my abilities to send the lucky vibes over to you guys.
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    Xime's palettes. She wanted just the free box but then she couldn't resist the temptation going into KL store in Paris and ended up going for the bag. Then she saw herself in Khloe's outfit and the hair called to her. So, her first palette was the necklace (which Stardust wnats dor herself lol) and second the hair, thank God because if not that was it. I'm trying to start saving for black friday!

I've seen a couple posts about saving for Black Friday; can someone fill me in on what Glu usually does for it/when it is? The Friday before American Thanksgiving, so November? I vaguely recall a 50% off everything sale?
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    D.O.N.E :)
    image_zpsg7fdvgzy.jpeg
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Congrats on getting the hair Katiealexandraa!! it's about time you broke that "no hair" streak :D:D

Nice to see you Buttiel :) I'm like you, see something shiny and want it lol, but I really do try to be reasonable and make a plan for spending on VIP. I'm happy I saved stars from last weekend's event so I could grab a few VIP items this week and still buy items on my wish list :) So far I got the gb necklace and some ugly daily shoes :p I'm contemplating opening one more box but I'm gonna try to wait for that lucky feeling lol.

Hope everyone is buying/winning some great things!
    Hiya! You are everything I want to be haha. Patient, checking out other people's palettes and waiting for Maria. What's better than getting a reward for spending and then some K-Stars back! So much admiration for your discipline -- I just see something shiny and all my impulse control goes out the window. :p I promise you I am doing everything in my abilities to send the lucky vibes over to you guys.
    Holy cow Peter!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could just touch your arm and get some of your luck for picking boxes LOL!!! You are the luckiest person I've ever seen :) congrats!
    D.O.N.E :)
    image_zpsg7fdvgzy.jpeg
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    D.O.N.E (Female Character)
    image_zpszcl1yukk.jpeg
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    Everyone looks so good. I'm trying to pace myself, so maybe I'll get some Maria deals. But it's so hard I want to buy and buy and buy. lol. I'm u to the shoes on all 3 I think.

Z got her night klub. Z's Ice Palace (It's Android I get the apostrophe. lol) I think that's what I named it. I hope we get to change them in the future. It takes me a while, but eventually I get Klever. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone mention the Karl bundle deal. I got a pop-up with a bundle deal similar to the Balmain one a little while ago. It had 3 (older) Karl items from the regular closet plus 50 Kstars for US$9.99. I would have taken a screenshot but I didn't notice nobody had mentioned it until I came here to catch up on the event thread.
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • Khaleesi_Khaleesi_ Registered Users 50 Posts
    I got the Karl bundle deal pop up but I already own both outfits, lol.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Khaleesi_ wrote: »

Khalessi--How does that show up in your wardrobe now?? I know, so hard to resist good deals!
  • RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Khaleesi_ wrote: »

That's really interesting, if you had the two dresses did it just offer you the purse and Kstars? Or did it try to "sell" you the dresses again?
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
    WOW iampetermcdowell. All those kstars, you were crazy lucky this week! I've never seen boxes like that before, I am truly blown away!
    SugarK wrote: »
    Congrats on getting the hair Katiealexandraa!! it's about time you broke that "no hair" streak :D:D

Thank you SugarK :).
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey everyone!

My motto for this event:
    l54xywl.jpg

Yeah I'm starting to believe that the samurai bun from the update's teaser is so mystical as those lips, white hair, blue eyes and eyebrows that we always see at the teasers, but never get them!

So the Glutrolls won't be fed with k-stars by this guy here this weekend:p!!!!

The only item that I liked is the tight blue denim pants, the rest is just hideous to my eyes, not going even for the box cause definetely isn't worth it.

However that won't mess with my mood cause Britney is making me ooohhh since the dawn, Gosh I stayed up late to hear the song's release and couldn't sleep after that lol

So if you're not lucky today just take a trip on this relaxing song and have a good day!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    That's really interesting, if you had the two dresses did it just offer you the purse and Kstars? Or did it try to "sell" you the dresses again?

Nope, it came up the same way for me as it did for everyone else I'm assuming - the tan dress with the stars, the dark gray jacket, the purse (which I don't own), and the k-Stars! I'm assuming if I bought it I'd just get the purse and k-stars for $9.99. Hard pass!
    I actually really like the dress and shoes from the earnable outfit (purse is meh), so I'll probably go for it. I've got my shopping list all ready. Glad I didn't spend my K-stars last week as this weeks outfit is much cuter.
    I bought the KL bundle because I didn't own any of the items and both dresses have been on my wishlist forever :) too good to pass up lol
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anyone mention the Karl bundle deal. I got a pop-up with a bundle deal similar to the Balmain one a little while ago. It had 3 (older) Karl items from the regular closet plus 50 Kstars for US$9.99. I would have taken a screenshot but I didn't notice nobody had mentioned it until I came here to catch up on the event thread.
    SugarK wrote: »
    Nice to see you Buttiel :) I'm like you, see something shiny and want it lol, but I really do try to be reasonable and make a plan for spending on VIP. I'm happy I saved stars from last weekend's event so I could grab a few VIP items this week and still buy items on my wish list :) So far I got the gb necklace and some ugly daily shoes :p I'm contemplating opening one more box but I'm gonna try to wait for that lucky feeling lol.

Good to see you too! I totally agree, I'm so glad I held back last week. Can't help but feel like it's a bit cheap to have the subjectively 'better' items in the second VIP event though. I try not to bash on Glu and stay away from the konspiracy theories, but people probably wouldn't spend as much if the events had been the other way around! Bit of negativity there, sorry. I do love the good mood the thread has going on this weekend. Events are meant to be the highlights of our KKH-weeks! It's good to see them hit the mark. :o

Fingers crossed for your lucky feeling! There's two days left for the event, so you know... try to resist the shiny things and remember the event lasts for days. I might be directing this at you, but I really am just trying to talk some sense into myself. :p
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Maria hasn't offer me any deal yet. I was getting impatient and tempted to open a gift box. Saw the hair showed up in the 3rd box quite frequently. I bought the 20K Stars Karl's pink top and got the hair in my free gift box. So happy. Thanks Buttie for sending me your luck. I'm passing this luck to whoever wants the hair! :D

image.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers