Options

No weekend event for 3 weeks in a row

orcelinaorcelina Registered Users 16 Posts
I play on my laptop on Facebook and I understand this is not the most stable platform to play on. It's been 3 weekends since I've had a weekend event. I've cleared my cache and also tried accessing it on Firefox instead of Chrome as that has worked in the past, but nothing is working. If there was a recent update I didn't get that either. Anyone else having this problem? Is this something tech support could help with if I contacted them? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm sorry that you're having this issue orcelina.

I don't know much about the facebook platform, but as you said I heard that it isn't much stable.

Do you know if other players are getting the events? If so, yeah a ticket can help, but if all other facebook players aren't receiving the event is because Glu didn't released it to that platform.

Sorry I can't help you better.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    I can verify that no Facebook users have any events as of 5.2 update.

Facebook is still on 5.1 unfortunately =(
  • Options
    thanks for responding. i will try submitting a ticket, but it sounds like it's just a facebook thing :(
  • Options
    Keem wrote: »
    I can verify that no Facebook users have any events as of 5.2 update.

Facebook is still on 5.1 unfortunately =(

thanks for the info, not sure why facebook and this game don't get along well!
  • Options
    inging Registered Users 54 Posts
    No , orcelina I play on Facebook and havent gotten a nything since about two weeks before the update. NO daily boxes nothing all i have now are phoncalls from Simon and those are few and far between.
  • Options
    FrantasticFrantastic Registered Users 32 Posts
    So, it's obviously a facebook thing. Has anybody got a clue who might be the one to contact in order to solve the problem?
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I have not received info regarding this. As soon as I hear anything, I will post it. Otherwise I've said you can always submit a ticket asking Customer Care about it.

I'm sorry, but I will take a look around and see if I can find anything on the forum about it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I would submit a ticket if this function was available in my game, but it seems to be out of order.
  • Options
    All I can do at this point is really suggest you start playing on another platform if you have a smartphone or other available device, if you want to be sure and get the updates and events in a timely manner. I'm really sorry about this. Do you have a smart phone, or tablet or something? You'd have to start a new game, and then from that device, I'd submit a ticket give them your old Hollywood ID # and your new one. Explain you had been playing for however long, but when the updates and events stopped , you have no storyline, no events. Maybe they'll be able to restore your special purchases, explain the situation and see what they say. I'm really sorry this is happening,

P.S. And if you want to submit a ticket, you can go here and use the Contact Us link. But I really think you should try and switch to a more supported platform.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks so much, Koko! I used the link and submitted a ticket.

Pls keep your fingers crossed for me. :-)
  • Options
    Ok, but seriously give some thought to switching platforms. ANd please let us know what their reply is. Others in the same boat will be very interested. :) Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks. I will.

No, changing my platform really is no option. ;-)
  • Options
    Well, I think you're going to be disappointed, but I'll send good thoughts.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    All I can do at this point is really suggest you start playing on another platform if you have a smartphone or other available device, if you want to be sure and get the updates and events in a timely manner. I'm really sorry about this. Do you have a smart phone, or tablet or something? You'd have to start a new game, and then from that device, I'd submit a ticket give them your old Hollywood ID # and your new one. Explain you had been playing for however long, but when the updates and events stopped , you have no storyline, no events. Maybe they'll be able to restore your special purchases, explain the situation and see what they say. I'm really sorry this is happening,

P.S. And if you want to submit a ticket, you can go here and use the Contact Us link. But I really think you should try and switch to a more supported platform.

Switching platforms would mean starting over. Not doing that have spent way too much money on this game to just s**** it. And if you submit a ticket you get a sorry for your troubles email and then nothing.
  • Options
    Supply the receipts of your facebook purchases, and politely explain that if Facebook isn't getting the updates and events, you're not getting the game. If you gave up your FB account for those reasons, and started a new one on a more supported platform, and ask can't they put those purchases on the new game. I'm sure they'd want your old ID Number and ask if you delete the fb game, could your purchases please be restored on the ios or android game. Otherwise, if you're not playing they won't making purchases. Talk to them honestly, and realize they're not the ones responsible, and you might find a representative who is responsive.

But, I was just laying out what I would do if it was me. Ultimately, you have to decide what to do. I'm sorry we couldn't help.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Supply the receipts of your facebook purchases, and politely explain that if Facebook isn't getting the updates and events, you're not getting the game. If you gave up your FB account for those reasons, and started a new one on a more supported platform, and ask can't they put those purchases on the new game. I'm sure they'd want your old ID Number and ask if you delete the fb game, could your purchases please be restored on the ios or android game. Otherwise, if you're not playing they won't making purchases. Talk to them honestly, and realize they're not the ones responsible, and you might find a representative who is responsive.

But, I was just laying out what I would do if it was me. Ultimately, you have to decide what to do. I'm sorry we couldn't help.

And where do i get these reciepts from. The "few"that i have gotten on facebook yes i deleted that. I didn't think I would need them. When i have purchased through my cell phone I have gotten nothing . I believe it was on this forum that i read that if you change platforms you have to start at the beginning. Im sorry if i were on level 20 no problem, but i am way to far into this game. Does your reply imply that you know they arent going to update the facebook game? I play other glu games and let me tell you if you have a problem with them you get much quicker feedback and help than you do with KK. Sending a ticket I get no response, Calling i get told its not glu i need to get a new computer ( rude much).