Options

✪no throwback event again? 07/19/2016 or is it just me?

Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
Hey guuuys. Is there a throwback event for your dolls this midweek? I was expecting the mini update right now but there's nothing. I heard this throwback event appears randomly (if i'm not mistaken) I'm just sooo confused.

✪ android user ✪
✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖

Comments

• Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I've got nothing. I thought I read 2 weeks ago the throwback events were over for the time being, though through a glitch, some had one that week. Then last week was voting.. this week nothing? Can anyone confirm?
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    There doesn't appear to be any midweek event this week. Throwbacks, as far as anyone can tell, are not a guaranteed midweek event. It's hard to remember what is said where, and what is fact or rumor, but I think we have seen the last of Throwbacks for awhile. Glu may be working on another way to offer Throwbacks, we can only wait and see. If they are randomly offered, which I think Glu implied or outright said at one point, I haven't seen anyone pop up on here with one. I personally think random Throwbacks would cause way too much forum confusion and upset the folks who didn't get one. They may have decided random wasn't such a good idea lol.
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Glu has said that a midweek event is not guaranteed. For the longest time, we had no event other than Weekend. Then they included midweeks, and then they were stopped. Glu has said that when TBs return to the game, it will be different. I found this in FAQs.
    When do Throwback Events happen?

Throwback Events start at different times for different players but they never happen while another event is running. Play often and you can start wearing amazing items you may have missed!

How do I get a Throwback Event?

If you’re Level 5 or higher and there are no scheduled events running you have a chance to get a Throwback Event. The best way to make sure you don’t miss out is to play often and keep aiming for the top!

And there are no FAQs for the voting events. And Glu has said there will be weeks with Midweek events, and there will be weeks with NO midweek events. Unless our update comes today, and includes a MidWeek event, it's a safe guess there is no event this week. So sorry, we're all feeling it. :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    Glu has said that a midweek event is not guaranteed. For the longest time, we had no event other than Weekend. Then they included midweeks, and then they were stopped. Glu has said that when TBs return to the game, it will be different. I found this in FAQs.

Throwback Events start at different times for different players but they never happen while another event is running. Play often and you can start wearing amazing items you may have missed!

If you’re Level 5 or higher and there are no scheduled events running you have a chance to get a Throwback Event. The best way to make sure you don’t miss out is to play often and keep aiming for the top!

And there are no FAQs for the voting events. And Glu has said there will be weeks with Midweek events, and there will be weeks with NO midweek events. Unless our update comes today, and includes a MidWeek event, it's a safe guess there is no event this week. So sorry, we're all feeling it. :(

It makes me laugh that the clarifying 'note' from Glu is so confussing!. here's this song for you Glu!
    *goes up on the karaoke stage*
    [video=youtube_share;Ug88HO2mg44]https://youtu.be/Ug88HO2mg44[/video]
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Stardust1 wrote: »
    It makes me laugh that the clarifying 'note' from Glu is so confussing!. here's this song for you Glu!
    *goes up on the karaoke stage*
    [video=youtube_share;Ug88HO2mg44]https://youtu.be/Ug88HO2mg44[/video]

Omg nicks hairstyle XD
    Thx for a throwback! Probably the only one well have too!
  • Options

✫ This is really sad. :(:(:(
  • Options
    Julesmo wrote: »
    There doesn't appear to be any midweek event this week. Throwbacks, as far as anyone can tell, are not a guaranteed midweek event. It's hard to remember what is said where, and what is fact or rumor, but I think we have seen the last of Throwbacks for awhile. Glu may be working on another way to offer Throwbacks, we can only wait and see. If they are randomly offered, which I think Glu implied or outright said at one point, I haven't seen anyone pop up on here with one. I personally think random Throwbacks would cause way too much forum confusion and upset the folks who didn't get one. They may have decided random wasn't such a good idea lol.

✫ Yeees. Doing it randomly is really not a good idea. :(
  • Options
    bonneebonnee Registered Users 6 Posts
    to me it sounds like they mean "random" as in there won't be a set midweek event every week, it'll happen randomly(but to all players.) not that individual players will each have a chance to randomly get a throwback. that just wouldn't make sense or be fair at all.
  • Options
    bonnee wrote: »
    to me it sounds like they mean "random" as in there won't be a set midweek event every week, it'll happen randomly(but to all players.) not that individual players will each have a chance to randomly get a throwback. that just wouldn't make sense or be fair at all.

Oh, right right, Bonnee. That makes sense.
  • Options
    Ok, following along those lines, what does Different times for different players mean? And, no, I doubt it means according to time zone. There are enough problems when we all get the event whatever it may be at the same time. I don't see Glu scheduling the east coast events earlier than West coast players.

If someone could give an example of what different times for different players could mean, in conjunction with the other statements. TBH, the phrase 'it happens for different players at different times' has been used when explaining why some people would get the rapid recharge, or other specials in the game. I'd LOVE someone to explain that in a way I could wrap my head around. What does it mean, if it doesn't mean what it meant for Rapid Recharge?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    "start at different times for different players"

Maybe think of it like this.... Everyone is awake and looking at their clocks.....a switch in the app program flips on......the event begins......some people see 5AM on their clocks, some people see 9AM on their clocks....(and so on for all the time zones)....that's what "different" means to me. Glu could have written this in a more eloquent manner but that what I always thought it meant.
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I think it means what it says, following what Koko was saying. If you have nothing else going on, you could get one. There are people who are done with all storylines. Also, the vast majority of people who play this game don't post here. My thought was that Glu had originally considered the random throwbacks as I just outlined, but then possibly changed their minds since we haven't seen it implemented. They make it sound like you never know when you'll see it, and encourage daily play so you don't miss it.

Also, if that's how they want them to show up in the future, the weeks we got one could have been a test to see if there was interest in that format. Remember how people wanted to be able to purchase and didn't want to earn free ones?! Seems crazy now. Glu wanted to see if earning them would fly and maybe now they will come to their final iteration of the event, making it random (or whatever they decide).
  • Options
    Daleth wrote: »
    "start at different times for different players"

Maybe think of it like this.... Everyone is awake and looking at their clocks.....a switch in the app program flips on......the event begins......some people see 5AM on their clocks, some people see 9AM on their clocks....(and so on for all the time zones)....that's what "different" means to me. Glu could have written this in a more eloquent manner but that what I always thought it meant.

that's what it is now. Events have pretty much always begun at 5:00 a.m. Eastern. My friends across the pond are 5 & 6 Hours difference, depending on Daylight Savings or not, so we could be on the phone at 4:55 a.m Eastern and when the event starts in 5 minutes, we're still on the phone, and we both have the event, it's 11 a.m where she is in England, and it's time for me to make coffee before everyone wakes up So, that's the current model.

Or do you mean everyone gets it at 5:00A.M where they are located? Some people having the same event I'm getting 6 hours later doesn't go along with the greater tighning of leaks by Glu in the recent past.

You notice I didn't start a Monday thread? I'm sure they're hard at work developing new content for us. :) I'll just be happy when I can se all my Android Friends as they actually have their dolls dressed again.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    yes Koko, I would bet on it...events will start in the SAME manner for ALL players that they start in now.

What Glu was trying to say without actually spelling it out is that we should not expect any regularly scheduled Throw Back Events... we never really had a schedule, but folks were starting to expect them to be held every mid-week.....this was never Glu's plan. Basically Glu wants to throw the Throw Backs in an "intermittent" manner....thus increasing the likelihood that players will be sure to check in everyday so as not to miss them. I cant imagine a scenario in which they would give events to some people and not others (unless it's a GLITCH. lol) If they wanted to give players who are done with storylines something to do they would write more storylines.....something I am surprised they havent done. I will honestly be very surprised if I am wrong about that... But I guess we will see..
  • Options
    I'm very curious if this was supposition, or it was based on some personal contact, another Customer Care response?
    What Glu was trying to say without actually spelling it out is that we should not expect any regularly scheduled Throw Back Events... we never really had a schedule, but folks were starting to expect them to be held every mid-week.....this was never Glu's plan. Basically Glu wants to throw the Throw Backs in an "intermittent" manner....thus increasing the likelihood that players will be sure to check in everyday so as not to miss them. I cant imagine a scenario in which they would give events to some people and not others (unless it's a GLITCH. lol) If they wanted to give players who are done with storylines something to do they would write more storylines.....something I am surprised they havent done. I will honestly be very surprised if I am wrong about that... But I guess we will see..

As far as your comment 'unless it's a glitch]. I was specifically told by Glu that there would be weeks with a midweek event, and weeks without, and that when some players got things and others didn't, it wasn't a glitch, Glu would be trying out a number of things.

And please don't be offended that I asked if you had inside info, I'm always looking for the inside track. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    LOL. Nope..I definately don't have inside info...just writing my opinion of what they meant. I'll try to include the words " I think" more often so it's clear that I am giving my opinion and not a fact. .sorry for any confusion.
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I just think there will be an uproar if some people started getting events and others didn't. The amount of people who freak out when there actually is a glitch is crazy and releasing events at different times would be a nightmare for Glu support in my opinion. I know not every player out there is on this forum but there are huge followings in other places like Instagram and twitter. Word would get around that so and so got an event but I didn't and something must be wrong with my game...
  • Options
    LOL. Nope..I definately don't have inside info...just writing my opinion of what they meant. I'll try to include the words " I think" more often so it's clear that I am giving my opinion and not a fact. .sorry for any confusion.

Oh darn, I liked your version better than my own. I'll go track down my original post about it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Syndra x wrote: »
    Hey guuuys. Is there a throwback event for your dolls this midweek? I was expecting the mini update right now but there's nothing. I heard this throwback event appears randomly (if i'm not mistaken) I'm just sooo confused.

✪ android user ✪

Off-topic, but your avatar is sooo gorgeous.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    Megannita wrote: »
    Off-topic, but your avatar is sooo gorgeous.

✪ Thankies, Megannita! I got it from another game i'm playing called ****** this game is also nice ❤

***By Koko Sorry but we can't talk about Non Glu games on the forum. Your post was innocent but a simple mention of another game always ends up poorly. ;) You can Pm the info (If It's Glu...ooops. 2nd one today)
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I didn't know where to post this as we don't have a mid-week thread (thanks to the lack of mid-week events...), but I thought I would share this here:

I always get so excited for spoilers on Thursdays! Crossing my fingers for a good event this weekend. Maybe it will finally be a dating event? Let's just hope we don't get a 3rd VIP in a row.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I didn't know where to post this as we don't have a mid-week thread (thanks to the lack of mid-week events...), but I thought I would share this here:

I always get so excited for spoilers on Thursdays! Crossing my fingers for a good event this weekend. Maybe it will finally be a dating event? Let's just hope we don't get a 3rd VIP in a row.

^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Rumor is 5 star event
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmmm I know what we should do.....gimme a minute, It's time for tomorrow's thread anyway. Oh, and the Official File Peakers report that it will be a Grinder. Rumor has it, it's a working weekend where we earn points for the prize outfit by getting 5Star ratings for Professional Gigs. That means just about anything besides dating and parties, and I'm not sure about Store Shifts.

I'll be back with a thread in a bit. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary