Weekend Event 729/16- Let's spend the Weekend in Havana! Mystery Event - Hmmm?

Comments

• VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    huh? The event has been open for 1 1/2 hours. If you started early to 'finish' as soon as the event started, you were lucky. Some weeks anything started before the event doesn't pay out But how did you do this? We'd all like to be done. :)

I've done the math on this before... long story short (assuming that all box items are obtained to maximize bonus points and all parties are 3hr parties at Calabasas) ... she would need to throw 15 3hr parties to get to 600 points. Which (if I did my math correctly) is 630 energy. Assuming that the enery bar is full and 50energy=40kstars, it would cost almost 500 Kstars. However, this wouldn't include any energy or Kstars won. But let's just say someone is really lucky and every single box they open happens to be an event item, that would bring the total Kstar spent to be at least 620ish, give or take... sorry y'all I'm a bit neurotic. I'm not saying anything, but it's possible if one were to be willing to spend the money or just really lucky.
    Buttiel wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to say that I've started chasing items I don't even love that much. I just get excited, and the love for spending takes over. :rolleyes: I wouldn't have gone for the shoes and bag, but I guess they kind of happened. So much Kash in the boxes though. : (

tumblr_ob2otu3utC1s4u9nqo1_500.png

tumblr_ob2otu3utC1s4u9nqo2_500.png

tumblr_ob2otu3utC1s4u9nqo3_500.png

tumblr_ob2otu3utC1s4u9nqo4_500.png

tumblr_ob2otu3utC1s4u9nqo5_500.png

great haul Buttiel! I was chasing the skirt and opened up 5 palettes all in a row (and bought a star pack just to do so -wallet is crying) ... I had the same feelings as you i don't even love these items that much too... and the one item I do love (bustier top) I got in my first palette... I guess I thought I wanted the skirt too lol... congrats on your wins and good luck the rest of the weekend!
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    Great Chasing. Now I'm up to the Bustier, the shoes and the bag, on 2 games. THe phone has the top and the shoes, the tab the bag, but I'm not done. :) I have to feel the moment to try again. Got lots of 4000 not too happy about that. Worst prize ever. A good prize? A couple of free spots in the wardrobe LookBook. That would be a nice prize.....at a cost of what/ Nothing to Glu? ok back to the grind.

I really like the LookBook idea. That petition to get rid of the 4k Boxes has been around for so long, I wish it had some impact. I'd rather get 20, even 12 K-Stars like in daily boxes, than that 4k! :( Good luck with your grinding and chasing! Party weekends are ruthless. I'm looking at you and telling myself I'm glad I've only got one game to do this on. :p
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    :))))))) my boxes
    image_zpswk8qcpvf.png

Ok, you have to tell me how you do this??!!
    It's the third week in a row that I see you get all the items!!
    Android
    You know Vida, you're probably right! I was so mad at spending that many K-Stars, especially since I didn't care for the shoes and those didn't feel like a win... but looking back at it, I did at least get things to wear, and the bonus points will help. I think I was being a little ungrateful. :eek: Did have my eyes on that dress from the closet for a while.
    You're so spot-on on the mindset! I liked the overall look and it's nice stuff, but were any of the items a must-have? Not really. Then I got the top in my first palette, and suddenly my brain decides nope... you are not leaving without that skirt. Good luck to you as well! I think as always, we'd all like whatever Peter's having. I want that magic touch.
    Ok, you have to tell me how you do this??!!
    It's the third week in a row that I see you get all the items!!

lol i'm in disbelief myself! i wish i could pick random boxes and always win an event item or kstars. but like everyone else, i always pick my lucky boxes lol haha but yeah, very interesting that peter always wins an event item or kstars, definitely wish i have that kind of... luck i guess.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I really like the LookBook idea. That petition to get rid of the 4k Boxes has been around for so long, I wish it had some impact. I'd rather get 20, even 12 K-Stars like in daily boxes, than that 4k! :( Good luck with your grinding and chasing! Party weekends are ruthless. I'm looking at you and telling myself I'm glad I've only got one game to do this on. :p

It DID have impact. It told Glu we thought so little of 4000$, they dramatically raised all the new prices. A watch that would have been 3500$ was given a price tag of 15,000$. Furniture too. They've put out a few lower priced items recently, but 35,000$ for Sunglasses? That's what I believe happened. Do I like the 4000$ boxes? No, but I just don't complain about it anymore. Makes the 650$ bottle of wine seem like nothing now. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    It DID have impact. It told Glu we thought so little of 4000$, they dramatically raised all the new prices. A watch that would have been 3500$ was given a price tag of 15,000$. Furniture too. They've put out a few lower priced items recently, but 35,000$ for Sunglasses? That's what I believe happened. Do I like the 4000$ boxes? No, but I just don't complain about it anymore. Makes the 650$ bottle of wine seem like nothing now. :)

is that why the new (single room) homes (SD and Havana) are so much more ridiculously expensive compared to the other homes? i thought that was suspicious.
  • Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    Hopefully I get lucky and win something in the gift box.
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖

But the reason 4k is nothing is cause everything is so expensive! :( I get what you're saying of course, it's just so backwards. Never thought of it that way. Although I honestly personally don't mind the price tags of most Kash items. It's about the only thing you can do with Kash (aside from that lovely 650$ of wine of course ;)). It's really the fact that Kash in general is so 'worthless' in comparison to K-Stars, that makes the 4k sting so much. But I think I'll take your advice and stop talking, before something worse happens!

Chelsea, good luck with the box!
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    But the reason 4k is nothing is cause everything is so expensive! :( I get what you're saying of course, it's just so backwards. Never thought of it that way. Although I honestly personally don't mind the price tags of most Kash items. It's about the only thing you can do with Kash (aside from that lovely 650$ of wine of course ;)). It's really the fact that Kash in general is so 'worthless' in comparison to K-Stars, that makes the 4k sting so much. But I think I'll take your advice and stop talking, before something worse happens!

Yep, stop talking about what we want is the key. It always backfires when we want something badly. :mad:
    I wish we could have the option of opening event gift boxes with Kash even if it would be higher than spending K Stars, like $5,000-6,000 Kash an event box.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    xTuEnyU.jpg

Yay!!

Chelsea, good luck with the box!

Oh, I'm not saying don't talk about it. I just think they responded all right. lol I don't think we'll get another smackdown for it, but at the time, it was like every other post was "When we get enough signatures...they'll HAVE to remove it" lol. uh, no they don't. But, it did put out the flame. Thinking back on it, we were very vocal at the time. But hey, I just bought a blue skirt for 1000$ that was released recently. So, every so often they leave off a zero. When that happens it's good.

Oh, it was just around the time Malibu came out I think? Everything in that update (if it's the one I'm thinking about) was so much higher, And then, we saw the bed in Malibu was 50 Stars. After beds costing 1500$ - 5000$ we saw the bed was 50Stars and to this day, on principal I haven't bought that bed. lol.

And, after getting 3 boxes of 4000$ a few minutes ago, I really wish they'd get rid of it. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted in there boxes, and good luck to those of you chasing box items!
    isabeau wrote: »
    Me too, KA, I don't like the hair either. Which is fine as far as I'm concerned because also, I don't much care for the party weekends too, so I can knock off before getting that last earnable. It's better than last weekend, where I really didn't care for any of the things and barely played, trying to avoid as many earnables as poss. I got the glasses, and unavoidably the pants, which surprisingly, just like everyone else, I managed to style pretty dang nice anyway. It was just fine for a weekend change to slow down and do things in a less pressed manner. I had fun and didn't have to crazy grind my azz off.

I think that's a great way to look at it. I often try to finish the events as fast as possible because I want the items, but I will definitely take it slow this weekend. I still want to get the items incase there is ever another throwback - I definitely do not want to see that hair in a throwback!
    LantsPance wrote: »
    The best party method is still Calabasas 8 hours right?

I've been doing 3-hour Calabasas parties. I get 20 stars (12 + 8 from guests, without any items), and it takes a little more than 1 full energy amount (haven't counted the exact number. I think 3-hour parties might be better because the best tapping option is definitely the guests, which now takes such a long time to come back, so you wouldn't see it more than once if you're grinding to finish an 8-hour party (I hope my explanation makes sense)! With the 3-hours I tap all the guests, and then (I think) two 8-energy taps.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    The shirt is the only item Jon wants in the event gift boxes.
    First palette with free box, missed it.

image.jpg

Follow the first palette, got it. It's in the same spot!

image.jpg

image.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Ugh, I have so much work today, I don't have time to play :( I'll have to grind after work.. and how am I gonna do it, I don't know.. I have to pack, I have some things to do... grrrrrr.. the only good thing is I travel in the country, so I'll have 3G, and will be able to play on the beach ( that if I don't drink too much kocktails lol )
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
    Angeline's palette: The first time I have ever seen four event items in one palette in my game. Who can have better luck than this?! Missed ALL of THEM!! :(

image.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • Chelsea.Chelsea. Registered Users 526 Posts
    *Sigh* 50 energy bolt. My luck is getting worse and worse.
    IOS Player. Pm to add 💖
    Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted in there boxes, and good luck to those of you chasing box items!

I think that's a great way to look at it. I often try to finish the events as fast as possible because I want the items, but I will definitely take it slow this weekend. I still want to get the items incase there is ever another throwback - I definitely do not want to see that hair in a throwback!

I've been doing 3-hour Calabasas parties. I get 20 stars (12 + 8 from guests, without any items), and it takes a little more than 1 full energy amount (haven't counted the exact number. I think 3-hour parties might be better because the best tapping option is definitely the guests, which now takes such a long time to come back, so you wouldn't see it more than once if you're grinding to finish an 8-hour party (I hope my explanation makes sense)! With the 3-hours I tap all the guests, and then (I think) two 8-energy taps.

Calabasas parties have 7 guests. 2 guests in the living room, the kitchen, and the bedroom, plus the one on the patio, for 7 guests. when you earn or win your first item, instead of one event star for each guest, you get 2. So that makes Calabasas 12, +14 for the guests, and then I think 3 extra for the one item you get. So.........earn that first item as fast as you can, to double the guest stars. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    :))))) my female character boxes
    image_zpswqyjxbqi.jpeg
    Angeline I can honestly understand why they don’t sell the gift boxes for Kash. I really don’t blame any game for having exclusive content to profit off. To a degree, it’s admirable that the gift boxes bring in so much profit despite being a gamble. I just honestly believe that giving players better chances wouldn’t hurt, and you’re allowed to be nice to your players. :p I’d love to see palettes programmed so that there can only be one 4k box, and at least one event item. Or make it so there can’t be more 4k boxes than event items in a palette. Make the chances of event items appearing go up the more palettes you buy? Picking a bad prize in a reasonable palette feels like bad luck, but when your palette is just abnormally bad it feels more like unfair odds. But this is turning into something for the Hookah thread again, oops. Sometimes I feel like I'm a textbook example of how much easier it is to complain than to praise.
    I'm so sorry about your picks!

Congrats ARTPOP! I really love the hair with that look. The black to blonde works so well!

Koko, I see! I’ve just seen the petition thread, I didn’t know there was an uprising as well. :p All of that was way before my time of even playing the game, so at least I don’t really know what things could be like. It’s all fairytales! Gotta say I adore your refusal to buy the bed, that’s the kind of quiet rebellion I can get behind. :D
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Ll77gWf.png
    g5fxs8q.png
    PM to add
    Angeline I can honestly understand why they don’t sell the gift boxes for Kash. I really don’t blame any game for having exclusive content to profit off. To a degree, it’s admirable that the gift boxes bring in so much profit despite being a gamble. I just honestly believe that giving players better chances wouldn’t hurt, and you’re allowed to be nice to your players. :p I’d love to see palettes programmed so that there can only be one 4k box, and at least one event item. Or make it so there can’t be more 4k boxes than event items in a palette. Make the chances of event items appearing go up the more palettes you buy? Picking a bad prize in a reasonable palette feels like bad luck, but when your palette is just abnormally bad it feels more like unfair odds. But this is turning into something for the Hookah thread again, oops. Sometimes I feel like I'm a textbook example of how much easier it is to complain than to praise.
    I'm so sorry about your picks!

Congrats ARTPOP! I really love the hair with that look. The black to blonde works so well!

Koko, I see! I’ve just seen the petition thread, I didn’t know there was an uprising as well. :p All of that was way before my time of even playing the game, so at least I don’t really know what things could be like. It’s all fairytales! Gotta say I adore your refusal to buy the bed, that’s the kind of quiet rebellion I can get behind. :D

You should also be very happy you weren't here for the Meltdown after the St Patrick's Day Massacre. If you check the first date of the Hookah thread, it might have started then. We'd been getting all this love, since about Kim's Birthday in Oct of 2014, then gift boxes, Black Friday Deals...Christmas, THAT HAIR, even through Valentines the love and good feelings abounded, then I think the better clothes were put into GiftBoxes to buy, and we just had a bad Euphoria Crash. Like after a Sugar Rush, or worse a hangover, or withdrawal from a drug. Now THAT was an awful time.

But we rebounded, and got so many improvements we kind of forgot that there was ever a time before you had to chase giftboxes with Stars. And we've settled into things, and it became the new normal. There is such a rich history of the forum in these pages. It's like a great big diary.

Oh, 10 a.m. time to see if my new Apple buddy has written. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Correction: I just checked Hookah, it started that May. Hmmm. Somewhere in here is a precursor to Hookah, and that thread was ripe with out complaints. But Glu encouraged a complaint thread, they read it, see through the nonsense posts, but the legitimate complaints register. And I've seen the game's 'heat' being turned down a little after it's been turned up a little too high. So, bottom line, constructive criticism is just that, constructive when Glu see's the validity in a complaint and it also lets us blow off steam, for example you get a palette with no items, just cash and energy.....complain, get it out, and then you get back to the game. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    :))))) my female character boxes
    image_zpswqyjxbqi.jpeg

No surprise. There seems to be an event item in every single gift box you ever open :D
    Cherrey wrote: »
    No surprise. There seems to be an event item in every single gift box you ever open :D

lol or kstars. some people have all the ... luck. I guess. jealous. haha
    I need Peter to pick my boxes for me. Give me a box number Peter. Top row is 1 2 3 & 4, bottom left to right 5 6 7 and 8. What number looks good for my tablet? ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hey guys what works better for parties? The 3 hour or the 8 hour parties?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »

3 is the magic number.
    PM to add
    NQueen331 wrote: »

I do 3 hr parties at Calabasas... one full energy for me finishes the party with 12 event points (w/of bonus). I think 8 hr requires twice as much energy with only 20 points payout.