Options

A new player's Advice Thread - Let's get together and show them the ropes

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Hi. I know we have a how to complete the D List, which is great. But it doesn't offer the 'what everone needs to know". So. Let's offer advice to our current new member, Jasmintahir and build this for all the future new players who want to amass wealth, fame and fortune in the game.

My best advice.....break down and buy a package of stars. I bought the 9.99 pack of 105 Stars, I added those stars to the small number I had and bought the jet. The sooner you stop paying for Airfare, the more money in your bank account. Then, buy a vehicle so you're not paying for bus or cab fare either.

This purchase also eliminates the ads between screens. A lot of devices don't handle ads well, so in addition to eliminating a lot of crashing, having no adds really get you more in the moment of the game. If every 30 seconds you break to an ad, your concentration is gone and you're out of the zone. NaiMonster is the only one of us I know who has successfully mastered the game without buying the Jet.

ANd once your travel is free, you have unlimited energy at your fingertips. It's not free - it will cost you in time and tenacity and tapping to travel the KK:H Globe picking up energy as you go.

Ok, that's all I have time for now, Please say Hi to Jasmintahir everyone, and post your own tips and strategies for learning the ropes of the game.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• Options
    VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Hey Jasmintahir! Great idea Koko , I wish this was around when I first started! Getting a car and the plane are great tips!

-Try and buy the Calabasas house as soon as you can, they are very helpful for party events and reality show events!

-If you have to choose between supporting an NPC vs. Kardashian, always choose the Kardashians (or Jenner). And if it's Kim vs. one of her sisters, always chose Kim. There are some storylines that ask you and will affect your decision making in a quest.

-Spending Kstars on a gig always give you a leg up, but it's not necessary! I wish I knew this when I first started. Sometimes, you will have a choice to spend some kstars on something or not. Not choosing to spend Kstars often means you just have extra gigs to do in your storyline... you character never suffers any real consequences!

-you can accumulate kstars fast if you monitor your achievements and work towards them. also, 5 vids a day are helpful! If you watch your video everyday, you'll have an easy 35 kstars a week!

-when you're about to level up, make sure your energy bar is 0. Reason is once you level up your energy is filled. So imagine leveling up when your meter is full, you'll miss out on a full free bar!

there's more... but I hope I wasn't overwhelming! there's just so much "i wish I knew this" moments
  • Options
    RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Great idea! Here's what really helped me when I was new:

- Reading the game's FAQs...I learned so many tidbits from looking up questions there!

- This thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?136699-What-s-your-strategy&highlight=event+strategy
    It really helped me get ahead and be smart with my events so I could start finishing them!

- I second what the other people say, buy a car and the jet, and the Calabasas home.

- The game is best played in short bursts throughout the day, and it's easiest and cheapest to play daily. So I recommend having a little "daily routine" to make sure you achieve your goals. Mine is get my daily giftbox(es), go on at least one date with my spouse at Oak, check on my baby, use leftover energy to hang out with a VIP. Then on my next burst of playing I'll use my VIP to do gigs (or whatever I'm working towards at the time).

- Honestly just browsing around the current threads in the forum allowed me to pick up helpful random tips, like when Koko once mentioned you got KStars from maxing out professional relationships. Since then I stick with the same few NPCs for all my gigs until they are maxed and then move on to new ones. I usually check the current event posts and any other new ones that look interesting.

- NEVER pay to befriend an NPC. It will be free to add them as a contact once you pass them on the "Top Stars" list.
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    (Note about this guide :
    I am an Android User. If there are differences in game, I am unaware, please let me know!
    I will be writing this as if I do not have any form of money to spend in game - free play only)
    ***I do recommend buying ONE pack of kstars at least to remove the ads***

Welcome to Kim Kardashian Hollywood! The rise to stardom can be a grind, but hopefully you can find something here to help yourself achieve your dreams!
    Stay fabulous, dolls!

I'm going to start with a basic layout to make it simple, details will follow!

- Do not spend any Kstars on clothing, furniture, NOTHING in the beginning.
    - Do NOT spend kstars to charm NPC contacts EVER.
    - It is easiest to do comebacks with no GC or IOS friends - the number 1 NPC in a game will have around 235mil fans. A lot easier to pass then the 700mil+ fans friends will have.
    - Every street has a minimum of 2 tap spots to help recharge energy, give kash and exp. Look for fire hydrants, critters (birds, crabs), bushes. The will recharge every 2 minutes.

There are three “game changer” items. The Jet(1) (LAX), a vehicle(2), and Calabasas mansion(3).
    Everything else is secondary or luxury. Transportation is number one.

1. Save up 120 Kstars, go to LAX, buy the jet. Free flights let's you save up your kash. Kash which you then spend on clothes.

2. The cheapest car is in the Hollywood home Garage. It requires a nice chunk of kash. This will give you free travel amongst California and JFK.

3. Calabasas is the best home for weekend events and Reality filmings with the best energy efficiency.

This being said, you do not *need* these items, but they do increase game play.

How to get Free Stars

- Videos in the star shop. Check this every time you log in.
    - Other offers in the Star shop. These could be extra videos, tasks, surveys, or app installation
    - Daily Gift Boxes
    - Randomly during reality run-ins
    - Randomly upon 5 star completion of a job/date
    - Achievements
    - Shop/Club jobs when available weekly to you
    - Luck when inviting Kim, Kourtney or Khloe to a job
    - (Once a partnership is completed for reward) recollect said partnership for k-stars (or energy, nice to save for events)

Golden Bonus Points on jobs and dates

When purchasing clothing, furniture, or cars there will be a golden heart or star indicating which bonus it gives.

As you level up, the required minimum of receiving a bonus star per job/date will increase. The amount needed for you will be displayed in the bottom left corner.

The max for both Professional and Romantic bonuses is 999.

Clothing does not follow any real pay out rules. This means a dress that costs 15,000 kash could possibly give less golden points then a 5,000 kash dress.
    Always check your closet and homes for what is the cheapest purchase.

Dating, Marriage, and babies!

When you start the game as a new player, you will be introduced to an NPC for dating rights. I highly do not recommend dating of any kind until you are a higher level, and can easily get kash and energy.

Your SO (significant other) will call you every day, asking for a date.
    Dates don't always require kash, but they will drain your energy. Starting out, those are two very precious resources. Both are better spent on doing jobs and buying items needed to raise your own star.

When it's time to get married, you will be given a quest to rent the wedding venue for 7,500 kash. You will have 24h to do so. (You do not have to pay it, but I am unsure how this event goes without the venue)

A SO counts as a 24h rechargeable tap spot. They will give 1 energy, kash, and exp.

Babies come at 12,000 and 15,000 points with your SO. (This is that locked room in all of your homes, a baby dungeon) There is the option for adoption at 160 kstars per baby.
    You will get a daily mini game inside the nursery (three tap spots, one is holding 2 energy)
    Once you have 2 babies, your SO will disappear and be replaced with THE NANNY.

The rank of your SO does not affect anything except for where their home initially is.

The most energy efficient (but kash kostly) date spot is The Oak in SoHo. A 1h date can be done with 4 energy (and 650 kash)

The golden bonus points needed for the extra heart during dates is not set in stone. If you are closeish to the needed points, try canceling and recalling your SO to the date to get the bonus.

Houses

Homes are costly. They will cost kash or kstars, you will always have your pick when talking to Sandra.

- Owning homes gets you the photo booth backgrounds for that location
    - Different homes have different garages with different vehicles to buy (How I Roll achievement)
    - Homes contain Pets (except Mexico and Tribeca) that are up for purchase.
    - Furniture can be bought for golden professional and romantic bonus, sometimes cheaper than clothing
    - Your SO will be in every room, following you everywhere.

Pets

Pets are 4h rechargeable tap spots. They will produce energy, kash, and exp. During events, they have a chance of producing one event point per tap payout.

Only a couple pets can be purchased for kash. The rest will require kstars.
    You can chose to take ONE pet out walking with you at a time. This will replace your vehicle on the streets.
    Pets are currently not available in photobooth.
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    VIPS and Parties

VIP contacts can be invited to your home for a one on one party. The bonus for this is based off your golden romantic points.
    As your friendship points increase with each VIP, they will give out better rewards (5 kstars will turn to 10 kstars, then 15 kstars, for example)
    Once the Hangout is complete, you will have 24h to use said VIP on a job. They will have a cool down timer after that job is complete indicating when you can hang out again.

Parties are fantastic for raising fans. This is also where those NPCS with unusual hollywood jobs are used (like Rodeo Clown)
    Use whichever home you own with the most rooms to do your parties. This will allow you to invite more guests.

Both VIP and party starter icons are located inside everyhome. Parties are a purple martini glass
    VIP say VIP

Work Shifts

When you start out, you will work for Luther at So chic Downtown. Eventually you will own this shop and many more.

Workshifts use golden professional bonus. They are a decent way to make extra kash if you have some energy left over doing your regular jobs.

So Chic and the Ice Club

So Chic is worldwide! Eventually you will get rewards from Downtown LA and the Hamptons.
    LA will produce 1,000kash a week, and Hamptons will give you whichever you pick (DO NOT PICK FANS, at #1 A+++ you will get less then 40,000 fans a week.)

So Chic London has 3 jobs you can do every 3 days. This produces 1,500 kash and 3 kstars.
    So Chic San Diego has 1 8h job per week. This will produce 1 kstar and kash. Buy all of the furniture in your San Diego shop, and you will be rewarded 2 kstars and kash.

The Ice Club has 3 jobs to do per week. They are 3h jobs each. They will reward you with achievements, kash, and kstars!

One last detail -
    You've played a while now and “OMG, I don't have that option or quest yet and I'm level XX!!!”
    Remember you are starting from the beginning, and have hundreds of questline to catch up on! Keep playing, and all the rewards will come to you eventually!

If there is another specific topic you would like details on, please let me know!
  • Options
    griddlsrysgriddlsrys Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Hi! I have a problem, in my new task right now is "dash to kim" where i have to go to kim's mansion in beverly hills to talk to her but her mansin is locked. What do i do? Thank you!