Options

Problems with v5.3.0 & Kindle waiting for Update

Miriam89Miriam89 Registered Users 74 Posts
I Updated my Game yesterday, before the official Update came out. And now my Game is Not working.
KKH IOS Player

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Excuse me, how did you update before it came out?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I saw on the Google Play Store(yesterday) that there was an Update for KKH, I tought it was for the big Cuba one, so I Updated it and after that my Game is crashing everytime I try to open it. The Game is now updated and it keeps crashing.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    Ok, you got it after it was released. Please tell us your

Platform / OS Version / Device / Level in Game /Gender in Game.

Brief description:

Did it open at all? And yes it is the big Cuba update. I'm going to change the title of this, in case more people have issues. I'm sorry this is happening. ( My Apple game can't even take the update.) so post your details and I'll try to come up with some suggestions.

You said Google Store, ...so you're androids. Do you know how to clear the cache? I would go in to the app manager in Settings, and scroll to the Kardashian game, tap that and it opens up. You want to be careful to Clear Cache. Do NOT clear data. But Clearing Cache is fine.
    Then close everything and shut down.
    Then when you go to open up the game again, it will reload with a meter and %. See if that helps, if your prob is just a hiccup this might help you. Good luck and fingers crossed.

Also, let's check the FAQs for info. I'll look too, I just want to see if Apple responded to me about my probl
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    I'm not seeing an update fir Kindle in the Amazon app store. Not too worried since we are usually late, but I hope I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Android 4.4.4., Acer Iconia One 8, Level 37, Female Game

Koko, I tried you're Advice but it keeps crashing.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    Gold Choker from Kim's striped Kloset dress offer disappeared after update.

Android / OS 6.0.1 / Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM N920A / Level 49
    Android / OS 5.0.2 / Samsung Galaxy STab SM T800 / Level 49
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Miriam89 wrote: »
    Android 4.4.4., Acer Iconia One 8, Level 37, Female Game

Koko, I tried you're Advice but it keeps crashing.

did you check the FAQs on the link I gave you? I'm up to my neck in Apple Support and I'll look too when I get a chance. Look for anything about Game Crashing
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I also lost the gold choker after the update

iPad / iOS 9.3.3 / Level 43 / female
    Gold Choker from Kim's striped Kloset dress offer disappeared after update.

Android / OS 6.0.1 / Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM N920A / Level 49
    Android / OS 5.0.2 / Samsung Galaxy STab SM T800 / Level 49
  • Options
    What bothers me is only that the game on my Smartphone is working properly, then why not on the Tablet. My Mother BtW has the same Problem with her Game, she has the same Tablet like me.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    Are you playing the same game on two devices?  and did you check the FAQs from the link I provided?  If you and your mother are having the same issue, then you should both contact customer care.  This is so far, an isolated incident, otherwise this thread would be filling up with crashing reports.<br><br>Hang on.  i'll go retrieve the info from FAQ if you can't.

ETA: From Glu Support and fAQ pages:

[h=2]How do I prevent poor performance /crashing /lag on my Android device?[/h] The majority of problems with any game can be solved by ensuring you have plenty of system resources, and good reliable bandwidth (connection to your Internet Service Provider.)
    CLOSE ALL OTHER PROGRAMS
    Let this game run by itself and see if its performance improves. Before launching, use Android's "Clear All" feature or a task killer to close all other running programs. This ensures there are no program stubs competing for space on the device.
    DON’T LET YOUR STORAGE GET TOO FULL
    If your device's storage space is nearing full capacity, delete some old unused free apps or move some media files to another device, to free up some space.
    If your device has a separate main memory and SD card memory, use your Applications manager to move as many apps as possible to your SD card. Some devices provide only a small user space in main memory and you’ll want to keep as much as that clear as possible.
    CHECK THE QUALITY OF YOUR CONNECTION

The quality of the Internet connection can affect game stability. Always use a reliable WiFi connection rather than a network connection (3G, 4G) because cell connections can vary wildly.
    Having high "bars" indicates good signal strength but may not reflect actual throughput. Even if you have good signal strength showing for your WiFi connection, your bandwidth may be limited if the network is congested, For example, if there are many users sharing the network and/or others are doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as streaming video, you might not be getting good throughput.

There are free bandwidth tests to check your total throughput. You needn’t install any software, these can run right through your device’s browser. (Just search for “bandwidth test.”) You should have at least 10Mb download and 3Mb upload for the game to run properly.

While the game is running, do not power off the device or remove the battery. Always close the game normally.

If none of this helps, and you are playing a separate game on each of your devices, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to customer care. Also, watch this thread for any updates, if other people come forth with the crashing after update issue.
    If you're playing one game on 2 different devices, that is not recommended by Glu and can result in unforeseen issues, possibly what is happening now. You can still submit a ticket, but the 1st response will probably be about the game not being played on 2 devices. I'm sorry this is happening. try the Glu FAQ suggestions, and good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Since the Game works on my Phone, I have described the Problem from there to Costumer Care, I'm still Waiting for an answer. And no it is not the same Game, on the 2 Devices
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    Ok, that makes it easier, I think. Watch here and see if it becomes a wide spread issue while you wait for Customer Care.Good luck
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Missing gold choker after update. Also wrote to support about it

Android/OS 6.0.1/Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus/LVL 33/female
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • Options
    Cady22Cady22 Registered Users 50 Posts
    Daleth wrote: »
    I'm not seeing an update fir Kindle in the Amazon app store. Not too worried since we are usually late, but I hope I'm not the only one.

I have not received the update for my Kindle yet either.
  • Options
    Not meaning to sound cold, but waiting for your platform's update to be released is not really an update issue.

So far, we have one case of iOS not being able to take the update, one posted case of game crashing on Android, and widespread removal of the Choker purchased from a Kim's Kloset deal.

I'm sorry the Kindle release is not out yet, if after it's release you have a problem with it, please come back and we'll try to get you some help. I'm sorry it's not out yet. Hang tight. An earlier poster said it's always released later, so I don't think it's time to worry yet. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Most recent golden Kim choker is missing since update

Android v 5.1.1
    Samsung galaxy tab 4
    Level 40
    Female doll
  • Options
    eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 400 Posts
    Hey all,

The choker will be back before the weekend! Thanks for noting the bug!

Thanks,
    eggsandbananas
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • Options
    What about my Game crashing Issue, I would be sad if I miss the Weekendevent.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    I've been looking around and it seems fairly isolated. but if you can't play it might as well be everyone. Did you check everything in the FAQ posting I copied?

I know this sounds mundane, but also make sure you are updated to the latest version of Google...Play Services (?) I'm sorry they've been changing things but I'm pretty sure it's google play services. Then make sure you're on your devices' latest OS version. Finally, can you describe play by play what happens when you try to open, does it flash on the loading screen? Game screen, or just pull you out the moment you tap to open? I think maybe if you spell it out, we might get a faster answer than the customer care ticket. And last resort, I also reached out to Glu about your issue, so you have a lot of nets out. :) Hang in there, I also expressed your concern about the weekend event, so fingers crossed.

Oh, last thing, you said your mother has the same issue, do you both have the same wifi? Can you list her Platform/OS Version/ Device/ Level/ Gender in Game and description of what happened for hers as well? Thanks so much. Fingers crossed.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    eggsandbananas thanks so much for the heads up! I'll keep checking for it to return :)
    Hey all,

The choker will be back before the weekend! Thanks for noting the bug!

Thanks,
    eggsandbananas
  • Options
    The Game is crashing before the Loading screen, and it says Kardashian has stopped. I only came to the glu Logo and then it is crashing.
    No me and my Mother have not the same WiFi.
    Android, OS: 4.4.4, Acer Iconia One 8, Level: 29, Female Gender. She has the same Issue like me.
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    Ok I did reach out for help, I havent' heard anything back, If your customer care ticket comes back first, post and tell us what they said. If I get an answer first, I'll post as well.

Sorry this is happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, Koko.

Unfortunately, I have still not received an answer.
    Hopefully I'll come again sometime into my Game. 😥
    KKH IOS Player
  • Options
    xtaylor22xtaylor22 Registered Users 12 Posts
    Am I the only one missing the weekend event? I sent a message to Glu through the game but haven't heard anything back...is there anything else I can do?
  • Options
    what is your platform and other info? Did you get the update?

Platform/ OS Version / Device / Level in Game

thanks
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    what is your platform and other info? Did you get the update?

Platform/ OS Version / Device / Level in Game

thanks

I didn't get the update, it hasn't been released for kindle yet.
    Android, os version 5.3.1.0, kindle fire, level 28.
  • Options
    ok, so it's not the event, it's the update. From what I've heard that hasn't been released yet. I'm moving this to the other thread. I know it's usually a little later, but from time to times things get pushed back a bit. If I hear anything I'll post, otherwise, if your get the update first, would you come back and let us know so Other's will know?

I'm sorry for the delay. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Cady22Cady22 Registered Users 50 Posts
    I play on Kindle Fire HD. Level 31, I got the update yesterday. I did not get a notification for it like I usually do but I went to the app store on my Kindle and the update was there. I hope this helps. I also got the weekend event yesterday.
  • Options
    Cady22 wrote: »
    I play on Kindle Fire HD. Level 31, I got the update yesterday. I did not get a notification for it like I usually do but I went to the app store on my Kindle and the update was there. I hope this helps. I also got the weekend event yesterday.

Omg thank you! I didn't get the notification either, but I just checked and the update was there! I guess I should have checked before I posted! Thank you! :)