Reality Show fans concern

ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
45k of viewers after doing a 8-hour reality show?! This thing should increase NOT decrease! I just hope Glu read this.
Prev13

Comments

• Khaleesi89Khaleesi89 Registered Users 34 Posts
    I used to get 100k for a 3hr reality show I get 35,000 �� It's so annoying because I can't pass willow and that other girl.
    Queen Khaleesi slaying with 1.0 Billion fans ! 👸🏽💕
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    I just noticed something this weekend while grinding for the event items. i did a 3 hr reality show in Calabasas and I got 85,000 fans from it. I then did a 3hr gig in Malibu and got 60,000 fans only. I got 96,000 fans from doing an 8hr reality show in Calabasas as well.

I'm currently #331 for fans and was wondering if anyone else noticed this?
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    ofortuna wrote: »
    I just noticed something this weekend while grinding for the event items. i did a 3 hr reality show in Calabasas and I got 85,000 fans from it. I then did a 3hr gig in Malibu and got 60,000 fans only. I got 96,000 fans from doing an 8hr reality show in Calabasas as well.

I'm currently #331 for fans and was wondering if anyone else noticed this?
    Yeah it's the same for me, i'm #222 with around 42 million viewers. I got the product placement in LA (again) and a 3h reality show there only gets me 47.656 viewers :(
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    A lot of people have been seeing disparities when it comes to that stuff. However, the 60k to 85k skip between Malibu and Calabasas might have to do with co-stars? I once got very confused when I got less viewers than usual in Malibu, until I realized that I had only invited a single co-star instead of the usual two. Since Calabasas lets you invite 4 people, it stands to reason that it would result in more viewers than any Malibu or LA show, as long as you invite as many people as possible. Even if the difference is pretty big!

That's just my theory, though. I'll do some testing later today!
    I did a few different shows to try this out. Calabasas, 3 hours, 4 co-stars gave me 232k. Malibu, 3 hours, 2 co-stars gave me 164k. And then Calabasas, 3 hours, 2 co-stars gave me 164k as well. There was a single viewer difference between the last two. :p

So yeah, co-stars make a huge difference. How you only got 16k more viewers for an 8h show than a 3h one is beyond me though! :confused:
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Finally an explanation! Thanks, Buttiel.

I filmed three 3h episodes in my Malibu home.

First one with 2 co-stars, 164k viewers. Second with one co-star, 130k viewers. And the last one with no co-stars attracted only 96k viewers.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Thanks to you also, Bilal! We seem to be getting the same amounts of viewers (I'm currently #368 on the reality show list. Since ofortuna is #331 and gets less viewers, this could be related to your own rank, no the one of your show?), but I was still waiting on more results to see if co-stars get you a fixed number of fans. Judging by your numbers, it's as simple as ~34k viewers per co-star for us (as opposed to something like 50k for the 1st co-star and 25k for the ones after, and other complicated stuff)!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for the explanation guys.

I only tested my reality shows at Calabasas with 4 guests, my number of viewers started to increase everytime I reached a new milestone. Currently I have 15m viewers and was getting 232k new viewers for show, however the last couple of times I got only 85k for each show and I had all 4 guests on my show...weird!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • JswimJswim Registered Users 4 Posts
    I am in same boat as Vats. Was getting 232k per 3 hours Calabasas gig and now getting the 85k. Just happened starting yesterday
    Wow, very helpful, thanks for all your input!!! Still odd though it varies from player to player

I am currently ranked #1 so I'm not sure that has any thing to do with the low reality fans I'm getting. but I think just for the sake of climbing to the top/easiness I'll stick to shows in Calabasas
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm sure the numbers also depend on at least some of our personal stats in the game. And I find the game that has only had one product placement deal so far gets less than the other 2 games, who've done repeated product placements. So there has to be correlation between the product placements and the amount of fans received.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm sure the numbers also depend on at least some of our personal stats in the game. And I find the game that has only had one product placement deal so far gets less than the other 2 games, who've done repeated product placements. So there has to be correlation between the product placements and the amount of fans received.

Ive done at least 4 product placements on my account now, so that's weird i'm not gaining more fans especially from the site/house that the product is featured in!
    Jswim wrote: »
    I am in same boat as Vats. Was getting 232k per 3 hours Calabasas gig and now getting the 85k. Just happened starting yesterday

I hope it's just a hiccup and everything comes back to normal when I need to use the reality show again...

So far I've been working on that just during events if I start to receive less fans will take so much time until I reach the top of the list.

I haven't worked to get any product placements, not sure if they've some influence, but at same time I have the best possible status on everything else in the game so...
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I'd suggest not trying to go for shock and teasing surprise when starting threads, and naming them more informatively, so, I'm going to merge this with the other, and make a few deletions. Remember, when you see an inapropriate post, please pm me. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DeartonilouiseDeartonilouise Registered Users 3 Posts
    Ahh no please help! I'm horrified literally lmao reading these because I always 8 hour calabasas only (I've only done maybe one in malibu and la i think and ive only had product placement for malibu and somewhere else i cant remember haha) and I started only getting 2800 so fans and then it went to 38k and now its just stuck there ?! I thought that was normal until I read these! I have 127m fans and im 149 on my list i think, does this have anything to do with it?
    Deartonilouise, are you yourself #149 with 127m fans, or is your reality tv show #149 with 127m viewers? Sorry, just wanna make sure to avoid confusion. :p

As you can see in the thread, there's a lot of confusing things about what contributes to the number of viewers you get. The general consensus is that you get more viewers per episode (vpe) as you climb up the reality tv show ranks, which makes sense. Whether or not your personal rank also has anything to do with it is up in the air. :( For example: ofortuna's reality show is at #331, and she herself is at #1. My reality tv show is #368, while I'm #152. I get more vpe than her. I don't know how many comeback's she's done though (I'm on my third) -- it could be that #152 A+++ outranks #1 A++? But we don't even know for sure if that affects reality tv shows at all.

I started out getting around 2.8k fans as well, then went on to 38k, then went on to where I am now. If your reality tv show is at #149, I would definitely say you should get more than 38k vpe. That doesn't sound normal to me, and might be worth contacting Glu about since it makes things practically impossible. If #149 is your personal rank and your reality show is in the #200-300's, it seems more in line with other people's numbers and is probably normal. I'm sorry, I know this isn't really much of an answer. Also got kinda long!
    Everything in your game probably has an impact. A higher ranked player will 'probably' attract more viewers than someone ranked lower. Has anyone submitted a ticket yet to try and get a definite answer? I'm so behind, one game is getting 100K+ fans, while the others are up to about 23K viewers for a 3 hour in Calabasas, yet all 3 are number one in their game with 3 comebacks and max fans.

And, things are frequently retuned for whatever reason. But for those who've gotten a drastic cut back, why not submit a ticket for clarification? And be sure and come back and tell us what the response was. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DeartonilouiseDeartonilouise Registered Users 3 Posts
    Buttiel wrote: »
    Deartonilouise, are you yourself #149 with 127m fans, or is your reality tv show #149 with 127m viewers? Sorry, just wanna make sure to avoid confusion. :p

As you can see in the thread, there's a lot of confusing things about what contributes to the number of viewers you get. The general consensus is that you get more viewers per episode (vpe) as you climb up the reality tv show ranks, which makes sense. Whether or not your personal rank also has anything to do with it is up in the air. :( For example: ofortuna's reality show is at #331, and she herself is at #1. My reality tv show is #368, while I'm #152. I get more vpe than her. I don't know how many comeback's she's done though (I'm on my third) -- it could be that #152 A+++ outranks #1 A++? But we don't even know for sure if that affects reality tv shows at all.

I started out getting around 2.8k fans as well, then went on to 38k, then went on to where I am now. If your reality tv show is at #149, I would definitely say you should get more than 38k vpe. That doesn't sound normal to me, and might be worth contacting Glu about since it makes things practically impossible. If #149 is your personal rank and your reality show is in the #200-300's, it seems more in line with other people's numbers and is probably normal. I'm sorry, I know this isn't really much of an answer. Also got kinda long!
    Ahhh this makes sense! Thank you for answering this was a good answer haha. Sorry for being confusing hahah im 149 on like the letters list and im nearly at 400 ranked on my reality show but it definately sounds right the way you've explained it! I think my game is normal then! I hope when I get into top 300 shows the number of viewers increases! I've been doing lots of reality shows at the minute so I was worried that because ive stopped gaining as many fans that my viewers for my reality show wouldnt increase but like you and this thread has shown that its lots of different factors haha atleast my game isnt weird! I might make that ticket if it goesnt go up soon though! Thanks again x
    hey all, I did submit a ticket to get to the bottom of this, i mean if they expect us to climb over 500+ shows with millions of viewings already to reach to the top then there better be some consistency with fans and how they increase! I understand it's a challenge but still I don't understand the inconsistency going on here!

So I'll let you know what they say :)
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    The number of viewers just increase until you reach 15m viewers, then it stars to decrease. My viewers decrease from 96k to 35k everytime I do a 3-hour episode. I don't understand, seriously.
    This is ridiculous. How we supossed to win those partnerships if we need to reach 104m to win them all????? Glu, just stop. This. Is. Ridiculous. Make things easier or just remove the items. It's just impossible. We have a life!
    ticisss wrote: »
    The number of viewers just increase until you reach 15m viewers, then it stars to decrease. My viewers decrease from 96k to 35k everytime I do a 3-hour episode. I don't understand, seriously.

Yup, that's what I noticed in my game too, sure it's a glitch, probably they'll fix that soon if we continue to talk about it here.

ofortuna yes please come back to tell us about!

Today I got a nice surprise, Bort paid for the date for the first time on a looooooooooooong time! I'm assuming that they fixed, nice:D
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Today I got a nice surprise, Bort paid for the date for the first time on a looooooooooooong time! I'm assuming that they fixed, nice:D

Yassss, my husband paid for the date too! For the first time since the Valentine's Day update lol
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

Merman is paying for his own wine too! I first noticed it about 4 days ago!

Ps - there is like 50 borts and 50 cletus in my game. I wonder why the admins favor these names so XD
  • aurichieaurichie Registered Users 34 Posts
    This is ridiculous. How we supossed to win those partnerships if we need to reach 104m to win them all????? Glu, just stop. This. Is. Ridiculous. Make things easier or just remove the items. It's just impossible. We have a life!

They want to stretch the longevity of the game out for another 2 years, and stuff like this helps. Annoying yes, but I'm sure they think they made it too easy to accomplish goals in previous storylines.
    My wife Willow Pape is better than you, and you know it

Game Center (iOS): aurichie
    Yassss, my husband paid for the date too! For the first time since the Valentine's Day update lol
    Keem wrote: »
    Merman is paying for his own wine too! I first noticed it about 4 days ago!

Ps - there is like 50 borts and 50 cletus in my game. I wonder why the admins favor these names so XD

So happy for this, Bort paid for 3 consecutive dates at Asaudax (I was trying to max out the 'big spender' achievement).

Keem once I think was Luz searched about this name 'Bort' and she find out that it's described as 'the greatest name ever' or something like that lol, I think that's why, not sure about 'Cletus' though.

aurichie lol at your signature, I always wondered if anyone would dare to marry Willow, congrats you're the first one!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Can someone clarify for me if the product placements causes you to get more viewers than normal?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I was curious about this decreasing viewers issue for reality shows. Sure enough I was getting approx 232 thousand (plus some odd) viewers for each show, and now that I've reached 15M viewers, I'm only getting approx 85 thousand. Seems bizarre to me that the still have not addressed this :rolleyes:
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Good to know all these things before I start spending time on my reality show.
    Just an update, I contacted GLU a couple weeks ago to address this issue and they got back to me today asking for screenshots. I probably should've done that in the first place to save time but I thought I made the issue pretty clear. Anyway, I guess it'll be a few days before they analyze the screenshots and get back to me with an explanation.