Options

"Throwback" Event 8/2/16 - 1st Box Hmmmm?

Comments

• Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    All that work for two pairs of earrings. At least I got some new items, but jeez I have horrible luck. And I missed that dress!! Ugh. :(

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832_1.jpg
    krystal wrote: »
    Which instagram did you find the spoilers on?

Sending you a PM with the username!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Options
    Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    tumblr_obd8dyAlyY1re5m7ao1_400.png
    Could've been better but i actually really really like this earrings :) i decided not to pay for another box... GOOD!
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I only need a couple more reality shows before I get that throwback box! I'll have to wait until after my class tonight to finish, but with me luck. :)

ALSO: VIP this weekend, Show Your Style midweek, party weekend, AND THEN FINALLY A DATING EVENT. I will finally get to have my first child...

Thank goodness for Instagram spoilers.

If VIP is this weekend, thank goodness because I'll be on cruise from Friday to Sunday.
    PM to add
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    My boxes:

BxR1bmQ.jpg

vZDpJwY.jpg

K0pWZkK.jpg

Lots of money and the white blazer/shirt thingy. It's okay I guess but it all doesn't matter because I hit the jackpot with my throwback boxes!!!

qoqejOD.jpg

I can't believe my luck. I almost feel bad for it, because some didn't even get the chance at boxes at all :/
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    My boxes:

BxR1bmQ.jpg

vZDpJwY.jpg

K0pWZkK.jpg

Lots of money and the white blazer/shirt thingy. It's okay I guess but it all doesn't matter because I hit the jackpot with my throwback boxes!!!

qoqejOD.jpg

I can't believe my luck. I almost feel bad for it, because some didn't even get the chance at boxes at all :/
    OMG! Congrats!!! don't feel bad, you deserve it girl :)
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Options
    iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    My last box
    image_zps6hkzzuvm.jpeg
  • Options
    RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Holy moly!! Congrats Lii!! :D
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • Options
    ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    this was a disappointing event. I got a bunch of energy which was helpful to complete all the boxes in time and in the final box I got the Karl lagerfield skirt, but the other palettes were junk so I guess it was the best of the worst.
  • Options
    LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Wow, congrats Lii!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Here's my TB box:

C9ZkPJU.png

A couple pair of okay shoes-- not as exciting as some of the amazing palettes I've seen in this thread, but I can't complain because I've missed having the opportunity for TB items!

And another VIP this weekend? Geez, I haven't quite recovered from our one-two punch recently!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I absolutely LOVE those gold and black sandals but they are much harder to style than I imagined lol
    haftime wrote: »
    Here's my TB box:

C9ZkPJU.png

A couple pair of okay shoes-- not as exciting as some of the amazing palettes I've seen in this thread, but I can't complain because I've missed having the opportunity for TB items!

And another VIP this weekend? Geez, I haven't quite recovered from our one-two punch recently!
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    Here's my TB box:

C9ZkPJU.png

I am in love with the shoes top row 2nd from the left. Between my charm bracelet, the right earrings and those shoes, I would really jingle along, wouldn't I? Love those shoes.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Sugar and Koko, I too like the shoes! I do find them hard to style, though-- there are so many shades of gold in my doll's closet! I hope the items this weekend are more exciting than the last couple VIP events.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    Lol, why can't I have this much luck with event/throwback boxes??

IMG_0833.jpg
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I forgot to make a screen but ugh I had the worst box ever I got some stupid earing and that hair with the pirate hat while next to the hair that Karl Lagerfield skirt was which I wanted sooo bad 😯

And I'm so jealous of those eyes, I remember I won them in that event from last year on my previous doll sighh..
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hey everyone! I wanted to congratulate everyone on their prizes for the event. These are my boxes that I won. After the first two boxes, I didn't have any hope on winning anything good for the gold box, but I managed to get the dress. For the throwback items I got two pairs of shoes, so overall not a big event. I can't complain seeing that I was at least fortunate enough to get the event. I want to also say that I'm truly sorry for those of you that were unable to get the event. Did Glu ever say what the issue was and were they able to fix it?

5mQa8MRh.jpg]
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I wanted to congratulate everyone on their prizes for the event. These are my boxes that I won. After the first two boxes, I didn't have any hope on winning anything good for the gold box, but I managed to get the dress. For the throwback items I got two pairs of shoes, so overall not a big event. I can't complain seeing that I was at least fortunate enough to get the event. I want to also say that I'm truly sorry for those of you that were unable to get the event. Did Glu ever say what the issue was and were they able to fix it?

I deleted my throwback box posts in this thread because I was sad seeing the reason why some people didn't get it in FAQ & Support forum. Let's hope that Glu will really change that setting in the future events.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options

I read in the support forum that Glu made it so that users who had earned a certain percentage of event items wouldn't get the throwback! They said that they already changed this for the next one, so that it wouldn't happen again.

I mean I guess I understand them taking throwbacks away from people who have earned all the items, that makes sense. But they users who didn't get it this week definitely did not have all the items (I bet the "percentage" was not that high).

I honestly think that this goes with the theory that not all previous event items are in the throwback boxes. I mean there's definitely no way all the hair is in there.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    If those that have earned most of the throwbacks want to try and open boxes for energy and Kstars, they should have that opportunity. Sounds like Glu figured that out. I imagine they feel pretty bad about how it shook out.
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I deleted my throwback box posts in this thread because I was sad seeing the reason why some people didn't get it in FAQ & Support forum. Let's hope that Glu will really change that setting in the future events.
    I read in the support forum that Glu made it so that users who had earned a certain percentage of event items wouldn't get the throwback! They said that they already changed this for the next one, so that it wouldn't happen again.

I mean I guess I understand them taking throwbacks away from people who have earned all the items, that makes sense. But they users who didn't get it this week definitely did not have all the items (I bet the "percentage" was not that high).

I honestly think that this goes with the theory that not all previous event items are in the throwback boxes. I mean there's definitely no way all the hair is in there.

That's absurd! I read through the forum on FAQ & Support. So basically they are punishing people for playing the game too much? Never had I ever heard of any gaming company doing something like this to their customers. I wonder what Glu was thinking when they came up with that idea and the people who spend money and are loyal players of this game have every right to be upset. And I can only imagine how this can make many people not want to play the game any more or at the very least make them stop spending money on it. katiealexandraa I don't think all of the hairstyles are in the throwbacks as well. I have gone through numerous palettes and I have yet to see any hairstyles in mine.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Okay my post is really late but this event was pretty horrible. Glu what heck were you even thinking ⁉

Here's my palettes:

HmpLpJ.png
    kpUA3s.png
    CDjq6y.png
    n2N1u8.png
    kjg2RY.jpg
    yzZCag.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    My 1st pallette on my original game made me cry:(. It had so many clothes that I've missed even though I should be happy that I've won 25 kstars. I'm also tired of winning cash & energy bolts. My new doll didn't any win anything good expect for her 4th box. Oh well I'm guessing that it's better to save the best for last I suppose⁉

vI6zRi.png
    RPasqa.png
    qZXJ50.png
    pYWcFQ.png
    Yz3SAX.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Options
    Carol Davida: I love the outfit you got in your second box! I won it a couple weeks ago and love wearing it. It looks great on your doll. :)
    Julesmo wrote: »
    If those that have earned most of the throwbacks want to try and open boxes for energy and Kstars, they should have that opportunity. Sounds like Glu figured that out. I imagine they feel pretty bad about how it shook out.

I agree... BUT I have a feeling if they were to have kash/energy/k-stars in the throwback boxes for people who have earned all/most of the old items, then ALL throwback palettes will have the option of kash/energy/k-stars - I really do not want that, but I have a bad feeling that it's something Glu will do in the future. Part of the reason I grind for these boxes/am willing to pay to open a second one is because I KNOW I'll get some sort of wearable item.

At least they know they messed up this time, and are making sure they make it better next time.

That's absurd! I read through the forum on FAQ & Support. So basically they are punishing people for playing the game too much? Never had I ever heard of any gaming company doing something like this to their customers. I wonder what Glu was thinking when they came up with that idea and the people who spend money and are loyal players of this game have every right to be upset. And I can only imagine how this can make many people not want to play the game any more or at the very least make them stop spending money on it. katiealexandraa I don't think all of the hairstyles are in the throwbacks as well. I have gone through numerous palettes and I have yet to see any hairstyles in mine.

It's so lame. I missed so many nice styles since I restarted my game about 3 months ago, but none of the hairstyles show up.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Options
    I would love a throwback midweek that was for any hairstyles you missed! Just one, Glu?? Maybe just put hairstyles, kstars and energy in the boxes and let us try our luck!
  • Options
    Carol Davida: I love the outfit you got in your second box! I won it a couple weeks ago and love wearing it. It looks great on your doll. :)

Thanks Katie Alexandra☺.
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• Options
    KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    pYWcFQ.png

[/URL]

Those are the earrings I got in my final box so overall

1st: kash
    2nd: braided hair
    3rd: kash
    4th: earrings
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Options
    ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I would love a throwback midweek that was for any hairstyles you missed! Just one, Glu?? Maybe just put hairstyles, kstars and energy in the boxes and let us try our luck!

That is a fantastic idea! Im missing so many hairstyles due to bad luck so yeah, let's do it!!
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    You know what was so sweet? All the nice things various dolls said about some of us who spend a lot of time and much too much money playing KKH; and really, that was some kind of twisted reasoning for not giving throwback events to people. As Julesmo said, fine, if that's the case--and for me, it most certainly was not!--let us play and open boxes, and if we get only energy, stars, kash, ok, great; at least it's something, and we're not excluded from the name like lepers for goodness' sake! And I'll tell you something else. That reasoning doesn't add up. I first downloaded the game the very day it came out in 2014. I played it for a very short while, because I didn't know what the heck I was doing! And so two months later I deleted it. I have now been playing KKH for exactly a year this August. That's ten--no, twelve(!)--months' worth of things I didn't get. I didn't do any events those first two months--and I sure wasn't spending all the ridiculous amounts of money I do now, back then. Also,'I prob wasn't a high enough level to participate in them anyway.

More: I see pics the dolls post, with a whole slew of clothes, shoes, accessories, and jewelry I've never seen before. And all the palettes posted here? I have *none* of those things!

Further, I am no cheater, hacker, or whatever tf. I would never do that; I wasn't raise to be a cheat. And that some entity might be inferring that I am makes me, well, angry. I am as honest as the day is long, and I'm as loyal as a dog. So what on earth...???!

Now, in all fairness, I woke up Wednesday morning, exactly 24hrs later, 4:55 am, and suddenly I had the event! (I went to sleep Tuesday night after 11:30 pm and I still didn't have it.) I was practically delirious with happiness. Are people supposed to become elated over this kind of gaming?? I have seventeen--17!--game apps on my phone, which I stopped playing all of them except very randomly K&K, Bedazzled, and two other others occasionally. All of this to play 99% KKH, and to a fault. Meanwhile, that time with no event, like I was being, as someone mentioned here--punished--it was just downright weird, it was bizarre, unfair, and just sad. Yeah. It was sad. *Who* comes up with an idea such as that?? Plus, I hadn't realized till then that it hadn't only been really upsetting--it was entirely demoralizing. What? You play this game a lot, and spend hundreds of dollars here (yeah, I do; oh well, as I've said before, I plan ahead for each month and this is budgeted along with "entertainment" expenditures. Addicted, yassssss.) So, if you're kind of hardcore then you get booted? W t f?? As I said above--there's a whole year's worth of things I never got. What the heck is *up* Glu?! Ok, to finally end this--I got my four boxes, and bought additional ones, too, as I hit them. What was in them? Energy. Lots of energy. I *love* energy. Plus, all of those bolts helped me get through the boxes, so...totally cool with that! I got Kash. I'm always good with kash. And 25 stars. But the last box--the throwback one? It was totally awesome, every single box in the palette had a tb item, and I got a dress and a swimsuit cover-up, both of which I'd never seen before ever. And I really like them a lot! I think the only way I managed to even get to the fourth box, extremely rare for me with throwback events, I've only managed that two or three times. I was thinking to help make up for things, Glu may have lowered the number of points needed to get there, and for that I was very grateful. And I also got some stars--but I'm not sure if they had to do with my Perk points or what, because suddenly I no longer had any Perks to earn; I was somehow done. So anyway, by reinstating the tb event for us horrible, terrible players who have shamelessly hogged every single event earnable and gift box in all the history of the game <read: sarcasm here>, I still have no idea--did all of the "incarcerated" dolls end up with the event? I don't know, but it made me hugely happy, and I had--and still have--major appreciation for that. But...how wrong was this?? It was crazy; what the heck kind of out-of-whack decision *was* that?? Yes, yeah, I read all the mea culpas. It didn't ease anything, btw. But thanks anyway, Glu. So this morning when I read all the comments here, I was pretty floored at how big-time kind and generous, and sweet beyond measure everyone who spoke up here is. So thank you so much again, to all of the beautiful dolls who stood up for us and had our backs. (That's some major bonding going on here. That's really huge.) Again and again, thank you all so very, very much. <3<3<3
  • Options
    Glu's reason made no sense. I have no idea how that idea got past committee but sounds like it's gone. I agree with you, cash is never a bad thing, it allows me to buy houses without using k stars! And I think the algorithm that is used to remember what clothing everyone already has will assure that we don't all get less choices if those with all throwbacks can still play.
  • Options
    This whole "percentage" things still doesn't make sense... because as isabeau said, she still doesn't have many of the items that show up in other people's boxes. The cutoff must have been pretty low. ALSO, 3 of the boxes were not even throwback boxes? The event was mostly black and gold boxes anyways, so why would people (even if they had all of the possible throwback items) not be able to open those?

And yes, give us a week of hair Glu. Please.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡