Weekend Event 8/5/16-VIP Weekend! Can you put a price on Love? ~ Oh yes we Can!

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Good morning everybody. Here to share my items for this event. The first two pictures are the two Balmain outfits I bought, the third is the items from Kim's closet and the last is the shoes and hair. I don't particularly like the shoes and they are really hard to style. I really lucked out on winning the hair with just opening one box which is good b/c from now on I won't be chasing items in gift boxes unless it's new facial features.

RUs6fcih.jpg

cYRrbwIh.jpg

Wow you doll looks absolutely amazing with the new hairstyles.:)

I'm so tempted to chase the gift box hairstyle. But I just can't lol because I'm not brave enough to do it. I'm just gonna chicken out hahaha :D
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I'm glad that many of you are having a great event so far! I'm off to open some boxes, wish me luck!!
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I bought the gray scarf to get my first box, and I contained the hair! Yay! I didn't want the rest of that outfit, so no chasing. I bought the Kim's Pick, mainly for the hair, and then bought the burgundy dress with shoulder cutouts, and that got me the earner shoes. I'm stopping there, I don't have enough stars to get the skirt and I don't really like it. I also earned a 50kstars perk so I'm sitting here, trying to pick some Balmain...

All in all, great event for me!

Awesome!
    HollySisk wrote: »
    I had unbelievable luck and opened the necklace with my "free" box. I debated spending 40k stars but pulled the trigger and got the skirt. Decided it was worth trying one more box since I had two pieces for "just" 40k stars and got the white top in my third box. I never have that kind of luck so I was stunned but happy.

WOW! Send some of your luck this way please! Congrats!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    Carol the hair definitely looks better with darker hair and skin tone, but I totally get you about chasing something, very risky.

Yeah I'm not really a risk taker to chase anything on this game. As much as I really want the gift box hairstyle, I'll think that I'm gonna wait to win it on a future throwback event instead.
    Daily Android KKH player

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I'm glad that many of you are having a great event so far! I'm off to open some boxes, wish me luck!!

Awesome!

WOW! Send some of your luck this way please! Congrats!

Sending good luck, positive vibes, and everything else good to ya - happy shopping!
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    OMG Holly, Peter must have touched your arm! Congrats!
    I had unbelievable luck and opened the necklace with my "free" box. I debated spending 40k stars but pulled the trigger and got the skirt. Decided it was worth trying one more box since I had two pieces for "just" 40k stars and got the white top in my third box. I never have that kind of luck so I was stunned but happy.

F6A96BDB-A300-47B8-BFC4-B836BB41958D_zpsmwgmgyvq.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Started of with a new Balmain dress, and then opened some boxes:

I was SO happy with these first ones! I got the hair in that first free box, which NEVER happens to me! And then I opened that closet outfit (better than energy/kash - anyone know how much it costs?), and then I got the top.

IMG_0835.jpg

My luck COMPLETELY ran out for the second palette - no event items at all!

IMG_0836.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to chase the rest of the event items, or just buy some things I've been eyeing in the closet/pets. Either way, I'm gonna take a break!

Good luck everyone.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    It would be cool to get the gift box hair but I'm not going to chase it. The spoilers didn't do it justice with the blonde hair - it's the eyebrows... I can't stand the blonde eyebrows!!

I really like the shop my closet hair though. Not too crazy about the outfit
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Love the hair! I chased it and ended up with the white top and the earnable skirt. Good luck everyone! :)
    1470408610613.jpg
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Looks like a lot of people got luck with the boxes today congrats everyone!

Absolutely nothing on this event suits Vats style, maybe I'll get the shoes since I'll grind a good number of k-stars and gonna want to compensate the hard work doing some purchases, but not feeling anything.

Hope everyone gets what they want if they didn't got it yet :).
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    another unlucky event for me, was so close to getting the hair in my first box but as usual, it was one box away for me.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    New strategy for you, stop picking your usual boxes. I think the game senses if we have a fave over time, and so, try going against the first impression. Try it with the daily giftboxes first...that way no harm if it's bad advice. lol. I'm having much better luck not playing my favorite boxes. Good luck. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • FrancescahillFrancescahill Registered Users 1,288 Posts
    Guys sorry if I ask here but what's the best way to contact Glu? I don't want to contact them through my game because it's not about it it's about something related to the game...
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    I'm finish again :)) my female char.
    image_zpstmpptgnh.png
    image_zpsrhwipnvo.png
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    New strategy for you, stop picking your usual boxes. I think the game senses if we have a fave over time, and so, try going against the first impression. Try it with the daily giftboxes first...that way no harm if it's bad advice. lol. I'm having much better luck not playing my favorite boxes. Good luck. :)

Hah, I've had that feeling as well! I thought I was crazy but if I'm not the only one thinking that....
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • KeemKeem Registered Users 357 Posts
    *sigh* glu, can you replace 50 energy with 10 kstar, 15, 20?? I'll take a hit in k stars with some refund over the d@mn energy or kash.
    I'm done for the weekend. Have a good event, dolls!

EkbBiwp.jpg
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I bought the Havana house (60 K-stars) and the aquarium (25 K-stars) to get the free box and the blue heels.

My free box was a pair of stupid white pumps. Looks like the regular cheap ones. I didn't even take a screenshot because I was so mad.
    hackers can burn in hell
    Wow Peter I wished that I were as lucky as you to choose the right boxes on my games with my eyes closed of course lol:D
    Daily Android KKH player

Follow me on IG

• NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Wow you doll looks absolutely amazing with the new hairstyles.:)

I'm so tempted to chase the gift box hairstyle. But I just can't lol because I'm not brave enough to do it. I'm just gonna chicken out hahaha :D

Thank you Carol Divide! And for gift box items I have this strategy where I always pick the third, sixth, and seventh boxes b/c for me the items show up mostly in those boxes. Choosing randomly never really got me anywhere and after going back through this forum and looking at everyone's palettes the hair looks like it was mostly in one of boxes I mentioned.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • minatodorovicminatodorovic Registered Users 43 Posts
    I can't believe I got the hair from the "free" giftbox! I never wanted to chase any of the items so I just opened that one giftbox for 15 stars and I'm so glad I got something. Last few events were not so lucky for me but I guess my luck is back lol

image_zpsot410mww.png
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I can't believe I got the hair from the "free" giftbox! I never wanted to chase any of the items so I just opened that one giftbox for 15 stars and I'm so glad I got something. Last few events were not so lucky for me but I guess my luck is back lol

image_zpsot410mww.png

Congrats minatodorovic! I also was able to get the hair in the free box by using this strategy I have that I mentioned above.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    I think I've made the decision to not open any more giftboxes this weekend! My last palette was so bad that it's scaring me from opening any more - not one event item in it! I am happy with the hair and top!

Now off to spend my k-stars on some fun things in the closet!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Thank you Carol Divide! And for gift box items I have this strategy where I always pick the third, sixth, and seventh boxes b/c for me the items show up mostly in those boxes. Choosing randomly never really got me anywhere and after going back through this forum and looking at everyone's palettes the hair looks like it was mostly in one of boxes I mentioned.
    I think it's different for everyone. For example I got hair on my free box and it was the second top left box. Whenever I start to see a pattern, though I try to go with it but in the end, most of the time the boxes are just random for me.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Your doll looks gorgeous with the new hair!!!

Thanks girl! I took a pic with James and we totally match.

2e4kfau.jpg
    I Defin see the Eva and Halle look. Your doll looks great Zoê.

Thanks! Koko, we should all do a Rock Your Afro photo shoot on here.

Omg I'm really feeling my Diana Ross wig right now. I just wish my baby's curly wig had an ombré option. Oh well, I still love it though. I wish my actual hair looked like this.

2u74orb.jpg
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I'm finish again :)) my female char.
    image_zpstmpptgnh.png
    image_zpsrhwipnvo.png

I am asking again: how do you always pick the right boxes?
    Any advice?
    Android
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    That is good luck Holly, 3 pieces in one box.

Did you get your Frozen Friends issue resolved? Since I haven't heard of any other cases, I was hoping yours was a fluke and fixed itself. :)

No. My friends are still frozen in older outfits. For instance Luz's doll is wearing that nude colored body suit.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    Thanks girl! I took a pic with James and we totally match.

2e4kfau.jpg

They look great Zoy. I'm glad you visit James.

However he hasn't been in that outfit for a couple of weeks so something is definitely wrong. :-(
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts

I've noticed for my game personally things are usually on the corner/border boxes but since I got my ponytail in my usual box in january I am paranoid about not picking it and missing out XD

One thing I did notice was that a few times box items were in my usual box in the non free palette so maybe that's something to try too.

No shopping for me this weekend but I AM working the weekend storyline and I feel sad I was only given mean options for the charity winner I talked too. With Ray powers as the next portion I can only guess what he's going to ask about....
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Dear Glu!

It's my birthday today and I am going to buy some nice gifts for my doll. There is this dress she dreams about for a long time.. And shoes.. I am going to spend some k-stars although I don't like the event items.

I am planning to open my "usual" box -you know- so I would be very happy about the red dress from our closet what I have seen sometimes in the palettes. Or something else pretty, please no energy or kash!

Thank you!
    Android
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Dear Glu!

It's my birthday today and I am going to buy some nice gifts for my doll. There is this dress she dreams about for a long time.. And shoes.. I am going to spend some k-stars although I don't like the event items.

I am planning to open my "usual" box -you know- so I would be very happy about the red dress from our closet what I have seen sometimes in the palettes. Or something else pretty, please no energy or kash!
    Thank you!

Happy_Birthday_Rumple.gif

Happy Happy Birthday!
    Thought you could sneak your Birthday past us SuperSleuths!

Ain't Gonna Happen.

Happy Birthday Rumplestilzchen!

Let's have a party!

HBBar_Alex.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Happy birthday!! I hope you get lots of beautiful goodies for you and your doll to enjoy! If it's the same red dress I'm thinking of it was in my mom's free box palette so hope it pops up in yours too :)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0