Monday Monday - I heard a rumor...........

Comments

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    This looks so good! I can't wait to get started. I just hope the part with the sunglasses isn't true...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't own the pair of sunglasses in the picture below be sure to save about 30k-stars (I think that's how much they cost). Because if you don't I think you may not be able to take part in this Show Your Style event I hope I'm wrong but I don't think that I am.

34pj0g1.jpg

I'm not buying anything to participate for the voting event. That's just absolutely absurd.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Got the event, you have to buy the sunglasses, I hate it. Not cool Glu, really not.
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Really Glu?
    That's the future of our events?
    Paying to participate?
    DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL!!!!
    I don't play K&K anymore because of this.
    Android
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Really Glu?
    That's the future of our events?
    Paying to participate?
    DON'T LIKE THIS AT ALL!!!!
    I don't play K&K anymore because of this.

It's like Glu is trying to make their players angry and quit playing. First the horrible issue with last week's event and now this.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    Is it possible that the event is also shorter than usual? It says 2d 6h in my game. That would be Thursday afternoon for me so sometime Thursday morning for Americans?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    So, if you have the stars.....do you buy in? I'm about to go with my third doll. I am guessing it's like a buy in on a poker game? Has anyone Not purchased the Sunnies? Who's sitting it out on principle?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Just wish the item we have to buy in order to participate in the event is a better styling piece.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    So, if you have the stars.....do you buy in? I'm about to go with my third doll. I am guessing it's like a buy in on a poker game? Has anyone Not purchased the Sunnies? Who's sitting it out on principle?

I haven't gotten the sunglasses but I won't get the event for another 30 min so I will see if I can participate without buying anything.
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    Just wish the item we have to buy in order to participate in the event is a better styling piece.

We shouldn't have to buy anything. All this time we were able to freely participate in events and now they want to have us buy items in order to receive new items.
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    The fact that we have to buy anything to participate is absolutely absurd. Especially since it's a voting event. On another event I probably wouldn't be this upset... but there isn't even a 100% chance of completing this one, since you can do nothing but wait and cross your fingers (or spend more K-Stars)! I wish there was any other way to get some extra points. Like the weekend event gigs, that give you some at the end.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

This is no poker game and you know it.

Go ahead. Help them set a precedent charging you money to participate in an event. What a foolish, foolish thing to do.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    nqueen331 wrote: »
    i haven't gotten the sunglasses but i won't get the event for another 30 min so i will see if i can participate without buying anything.

You cannot. DO NOT PAY TO PLAY!! Why on earth are people unable to reason this out??
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    Well I've thought about it and I decided not to give Glu a yes vote on this one. They may continue this format no matter what the players do this time, but I wont be one of the first to say it's okay. Going to sit this one out on principle.

I just wouldn't feel good about wearing anything I won in this event. Two TB items dont make this right.
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    I feel like they got this idea from the How You Style thread
    tumblr_o3kgwb_Zc_Ne1ql208do1_1280.jpg
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    isabeau wrote: »
    This is no poker game and you know it.

Go ahead. Help them set a precedent charging you money to participate in an event. What a foolish, foolish thing to do.

They've already set the precedent Doll, and since I can't do anything other than spend more stars to get results faster, it is to me like poker. Can I grind to finish earlier? No.

Here's what I saw, an event, that if I didn't buy their sunnies for 30Stars.....I can't get in. I want 2 Throwback boxes more than I want 30 stars. To me, it wasn't foolish. For my personal game, it was an inconvenience, but....it was the right choice for me. Should we have told people who didn't update, and got the last original TB - Don't play. It's gotta be for everyone or no one?
    Of course not.

So now I'm foolish, because I want giftboxes, and I'm wearing the Sunglasses I had to buy to get it? I'm ticked off too, but not playing isn't going to change a thing. Now....if the TB Boxes were after that unique looking dress.....then I wouldn't have bought the sunglasses.

You're welcome to complain all you desire about this new freckle in the game, but as usual....no personal attacks. I don't feel attacked because you've said I was foolish, but, you can't chastise players for their personal decisions. Me? I'm open game. But no one else ok?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ElisaRoseElisaRose Registered Users 17 Posts
    This event makes no sense though. It just makes people hate it and stop playing the game, which will make Glu lose more money than it would gain by holding the players hostage to participate in an event.
    Android player! Level 33, A++
    Gamer ID: pudifish. You can add me :)
    Isabeau, I had to delete that post of yours. There are still kids playing the game, and every other word can't circumvent the censored words mechanics like that. If you'd like, because you made some very valid points, I'll pm it to you. Come up with other ways to say just what you're saying, and post again. OK? I'm not saying you can't post your reaction, but you just have to clean it up. There are better ways to say it, trust me. Hope you understand.

But just because this was another 'bad boyfriend' type of move, doesn't mean you should use vulgar terms you can't even normally type to get the point across. I don't want to do editing to let it through, so just take my advice? Reword and get your very valid points across. Sending it now Doll.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts
    Jeez. I suppose this is the new format for Show Your Style? I don't like it. Sure, it's *only* 30 Kstars, but really??? This feels like a squeeze; is the gameplay improved, somehow by this *fee*? Nope. I don't think so. Thanks, Glu! I'm sure you are good people with the best intentions, but this feels greedy to me.
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Ugh. Not doing it. I hate the dress, I hate the sunglasses. The only thing I'd want is the TB boxes, but I'll be sitting this one out.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    I'm ticked off too, but not playing isn't going to change a thing.

Koko, I don't agree with that!
    Same thing with those 4000 bucks in the giftboxes.
    It's time we players should react, because if we don't, this game will go downhill.
    Earning by paying should NOT be the future of KKH!!
    Have you checked out the K&K forum? Nobody cares any more.
    Android
  • SerendipitySerendipity Registered Users 253 Posts

Koko, I don't agree with that!
    Same thing with those 4000 bucks in the giftboxes.
    It's time we players should react, because if we don't, this game will go downhill.
    Earning by paying should NOT be the future of KKH!!
    Have you checked out the K&K forum? Nobody cares any more.

When you suggest that we players should react, what do you mean?

Edit: If you mean to suggest a protest, then I would object, because it would be a waste of time. Maybe you mean to suggest that we pay to play? Yes, we always do, don't we?
    "Art...a result of the frustration with being normal..."
  • anaa0anaa0 Registered Users 11 Posts

I don't agree.
    It's going to change their profit if we stop playing. I don't post here usually, just reading some advice, news about updates etc. I won't buy those sunglasses. A little less dollars from my side to their pocket.
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Well I'm alright with having to buy the glasses because it's just like How You Style thread that we have - just in the game. Of course if I didn't have the stars to buy the glasses I would be ****ed.
    I'm more upset with this voting event being glitch free - now we have to really wait for 4 hours and this is sad :D
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• Nisha300Nisha300 Registered Users 347 Posts
    Not participating we just got off like 3 VIP events I don't get paid till Friday and even then I got real life expenses to worry about I really don't have time to fool with them and this "pay to okay" nonsense but whatever we all know they're gonna keep doing it so I'll just wait till Friday to play
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not paying 30 stars to participate. I have the stars, but I don't like the glasses. I'm picky about what I want to buy with stars. The whole idea of using stars to participate in an event is ridiculous.
    anaa0 wrote: »
    I don't agree.
    It's going to change their profit if we stop playing. I don't post here usually, just reading some advice, news about updates etc., but sometimes you sound like you are their seller of the game, like you're here to sell us what ever they want you to, just to keep us from quitting the game, but sorry if I'm wrong. I won't buy those sunglasses. A little less dollars from my side to their pocket.

This is the first time something like this has been mentioned, so I think maybe you're not as active lurker as your purport to be otherwise you wouldn't be so very wrong. ANd your very 1st post is to say I'm a shill for the game? This is so out of left field, I'm not going to try and dissuade you. It's your anger talking.

I was honest, and said I bought in. If the game can 'demand' 2 Stars for this action in a quest, or 3 stars for a certain outcome in an event, suddenly them being upfront and saying if you want this midweek event.....buy this wardrobe item, this comes as a surprise?

I'm not the only one who spent 30 stars, but I might be the only one here admitting to it. I wanted an event, went to sleep before others started talking about the injustice of having to buy the event. Woke up, came here and when the event started I was mad, but I said clearly, I'll buy the sunnies and work the event. I'm not the only one.

Come in here and say what you want, but your first post says I'm shilling for Glu? Nice to meet you too anaa0. I'm more than happy to discuss this with you if you'd like. What else you got?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I wish it was something I other than sunglasses! My doll already has two similar pairs that she never wears. I really only care about the throwback boxes, thank goodness Glu placed them first rather than that necklace and weird dress. Still, I hate to spend 30 kstars just to play.
  • anaa0anaa0 Registered Users 11 Posts
    This is the first time this has been mentioned, so I think maybe you're not as active lurker as your purport to be. ANd your very 1st post is to say I'm a shill for the game? This is so out of left field, I'm not going to try and dissuade you. It's your anger talking.

I was honest, and said I bought in. If the game can 'demand' 2 Stars for this action in a quest, or 3 stars for a certain outcome in an event, suddenly them being upfront and saying if you want this midweek event.....buy this wardrobe item, this comes as a surprise?

I'm not the only one who spent 30 stars, but I might be the only one here admitting to it. I wanted an event, went to sleep before others started talking about the injustice of having to buy the event. Woke up, came here and when the event started I was mad, but I said clearly, I'll buy the sunnies and work the event. I'm not the only one.

Come in here and say what you want, but your first post says I'm shilling for Glu? Nice to meet you too anaa0. I'm more than happy to discuss this with you if you'd like. What else you got?
    I've said that I'm sorry if I did made a wrong presumption, but this just isn't ok.. :( I'm not saying it's your fault...... I'm just mad at Glu.

Their game story line went so bad, nothing to be happy about any more.. Constant glitches, bugs, crashes etc. Paying to get in the event is not fair to their players. And it's like they can't hide any more what this game is really about-only only only the money and their profit. :( And all of that money wouldn't exist with out the players! But there will always be the ones who will pay no matter what. I'd rather buy myself something today then buy those stars or sunglasses.

And yes, that was my first post, not proud about it, but I've just had enough...
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    it sucks that a normally free event now requires people to pay 30kstars to participate, but I can understand why glu did it. before in these voting events, you basically pitted one player's look against another with no basis of judgement (i.e. a fab evening gown look vs an awesome casual look). having a single item to have a unifying theme and standard I think makes it fair in judgement. and I do have the say, the looks I'm seeing are actually better for it. previously it looked liked every other one could be an NPC, trust me, there are bad dressers out there.

now, I hate complaints for the sake of complaining, try offering a solution. obviously glu wants to do something different, so going back to how it was, while a good solution in itself, doesn't go for the something different that they are going for. my suggestion is maybe offer up the closet item for free for the duration of the event so everyone can participate. and if at the end they end up wanting to buy it, they will. glu are you listening?

I'm participating. I'm sorry that many cannot participate.

side note, not gonna play for that dress. the bottom ruffles look like an after thought. as for the necklace, I think I'll add it to my collection of ambiguously ethnic jewelry from recent events. something tells me that's not the last I'll be seeing of those kinds of accesories.