Monday Monday - I heard a rumor...........

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    Uhh that would be great! I was wondering why it was so high for the first item, seemed like the whole thing would be impossible... but if it's 50 each that would change everything!

Yeah generally voting events are 60 per item, total of 240, maybe now is 200 to finish... Can someone confirm that? Peter are you there?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    As far as having a common element to build competition on, generic black sunglasses seem like a lame choice when you consider people have spent 80-120 K-stars on the Nars eyes. Also, I don't follow KK on any regular basis and don't watch her show, but when I do see photos of her on the red carpet, I don't think I've ever seen her in black shades. This just feels like a greedy move on Glu's part. :( I hope this was just a test and we won't see this again in the future.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Morning Vats. Has anyone else gotten the first item? What's the number needed on the 2nd box?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    I too have mixed feelings.

For one, everyone talked about the sneak-peek Kim gave us on her snapchat, but nobody mentioned the snaps that were directly after the KKH ones. She was sitting at a table with the Glu CEO and he's congratulating her for being the top-grossing mobile game about a single person. Then she turns to the camera and says something to the effect of "thanks for helping me buy my house guys! Now help me get a vacation home!" And the Glu CEO asks her "why buy a home when you can get a whole island?" And they end with Kim making up some hashtag about help Kim buy an island. Despite all people say about the Kardashians, I find them beautiful and entertaining to watch, which is why I follow their TV show and social media. I want them to be successful at whatever they choose to do. BUT I found the obvious "haha thanks for the money, give me more money" to be unpalatable and off-putting. Just unnecessary and not tasteful. And now this "pay to play" event? The sad thing is that without the PTP element, this would probably have been one of their best midweek events in recent memory and we would all be praising them. I love the idea of building a look around a certain item, and the mix of clothes and TB boxes.

On the other hand...
    I completely understand how paying to play is showing Glu that we will play anyway even if they make us buy in. I get the message and why some are protesting. However, my thought is that I have paid way more for less. I go overboard on gift boxes that only have a small chance of having an item I want in them. I spend hundreds of stars for VIP events. I always buy the extra boxes when it comes to TB events. At least for this event I'm paying 30 k-stars for two TB boxes which are guaranteed to give me an item, and two
    guaranteed pieces of clothing. I don't like the feeling of allowing Glu to "get away with" making us pay to play, but my desire to play the game and participate in the event is stronger.

That's just my reasoning, and I just wanted to vent a little and share my point of view. I know not many will agree, and I'm certainly not judging anyone's choice to participate or not participate.

Is that for real? She actually encouraged us to help her buy an island? TBH, I've struggled with spending any money in this game following Kim's response to several things lately.. Posting naked selfies.. eh.. whatever. She has worked hard and paid a lot of money for that body, but her replies to criticism from Bette Midler and Chloe Grace-Moretz were not cool. Her recent video repeating Kanye's lyrics about Taylor Swift were off-putting too. I wish I could just walk away, but it's so fun to vicariously play dress up in this silly game.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Losing look gets 10 points this time.
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Is that for real? She actually encouraged us to help her buy an island? TBH, I've struggled with spending any money in this game following Kim's response to several things lately.. Posting naked selfies.. eh.. whatever. She has worked hard and paid a lot of money for that body, but her replies to criticism from Bette Midler and Chloe Grace-Moretz were not cool. Her recent video repeating Kanye's lyrics about Taylor Swift were off-putting too. I wish I could just walk away, but it's so fun to vicariously play dress up in this silly game.

That's what they're counting on. That we're too addicted and have to many "special items" to just walk away. (This is why people hack your **** game, Glu.)
    I, too, have been really put off by Kim lately. I've never been a huge Kardashian fan or anything, but I enjoy them in small doses from time to time. I don't know if it's Kanye's influence, but she seems meaner...more calculating. And clearly she enjoys being tacky about money talk. I think I need to bust out my shaking head gif again.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    As far as having a common element to build competition on, generic black sunglasses seem like a lame choice when you consider people have spent 80-120 K-stars on the Nars eyes. Also, I don't follow KK on any regular basis and don't watch her show, but when I do see photos of her on the red carpet, I don't think I've ever seen her in black shades. This just feels like a greedy move on Glu's part. :( I hope this was just a test and we won't see this again in the future.

i agree, black shades are too basic. I think if it were a very nice limited edition type of item like a top or purse for the event only, some people would be okay to purchase the item. but it's not (is it? I don't ever remember seeing this in my closet... or was it too basic that I just pass it every time?)
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I've never been a Kardashian fan but I find this game extremely fun. It will quickly become less fun if we have to pay for everything. I always thought this game was very generous compared to others in allowing you to earn k stars plus the pricing of items are decent. Lately though everything is so expensive and I get that it's a way to encourage players to spend more money on the game, but that's not why this game has such a huge following. If you make it too hard or discouraging then players are going to drop. I don't mind spending money every once in a while for a Kim's closet pick or special offer but being forced to spend money to level up or gain an advantage in the game doesn't seem fair. It's a completely different attitude than when this game first came out.
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    i agree, black shades are too basic. I think if it were a very nice limited edition type of item like a top or purse for the event only, some people would be okay to purchase the item. but it's not (is it? I don't ever remember seeing this in my closet... or was it too basic that I just pass it every time?)

I'm 99.9% sure they just added it. (Shady!) They're so poorly made, I would have loved to hear the conversation about them in the Glu offices. "Hey guys, make something REALLY ugly and let's see how many of these suckers we can rope in."
    I think they are new but I have a pair that I won in an event that are almost identical. I really hope if they do this next time they give us shoes or jewelry or I don't even like purses but I would've taken that over another pair of glasses.
    I also find it reeeeeeally interesting that, miraculously, there are no glitches in this event.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Wow man, good thing KKH players aren't dope addicts.

"...I've got a bridge to sell you," said every con man ever.
  • minatodorovicminatodorovic Registered Users 43 Posts
    Wow, it took me forever to read everything on this thread lol

I payed 30 stars for the glasses because I wanted to participate in the event. Not a big fan of the dress or necklace tho but I'm excited for throwback boxes, I just hope I get something good. Also, I kind of like this buying stuff to participate thing, but I think stuff should be less expensive or something that you can pay in kash and not stars.

Btw how do you guys finish that fast? Do you pay for the results or is there some kind of glitch or something?
  • tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    So in order to participate in the event, I did have to buy a small pack of stars because I was 11 short. I gladly did so because well, it is my hard earned money and when all was said and done I was left with a decent amount of stars afterwards. I also now have a pair of shades I didn't before and will also earn other items I do not have.

I also play this game on my Kindle and for that doll I am saving for the jet and will not pay in because it just isn't worth it there.

That being said, if I want to use my k-stars to get some shades so I can participate in an event I should be able to without being considered a sell out or something like that. I work hard for the money I earn and if I choose to put aside a little bit to do this than I can. Now, if I didn't have the ability to do so I would have just sat the event out. Would I be disappointed? Sure but at the same it would be okay.

Do I want Glu to continue this format? Probably not because it doesn't seem all that fair. Will I do this next time? I don't know depends on the item maybe. But if I want to, I should be able to do so without others making it seem silly or what not.

They got money from me in one game, not the other because for me that wasn't worth it. But at the end of the day hopefully I get a few new items to my wardrobe and for me, that is satisfying for the moment.
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I do not see the sunglasses in my previous screenshot. So I assume it's added for this event? Again, I wish it's something nicer so players would be happy to pay K Stars for a special event item. I also noticed that my huntsman's leggings are gone!! I used to be able to pair it with other shorts/skirts!! When did that happen :confused::confused:

image.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • DeartonilouiseDeartonilouise Registered Users 3 Posts
    i will occasionally buy a special offer pack but I work hard for my stars let it be known, every single one of them! I dont cheat never have and i cant afford the packs. And i will literally go to hell before i spend them on some ugly sunglasses just to take part in an event, you shouldnt HAVE to pay to take part, if you want extra boxes by all means buy them but i should just be able to take part without parting with my beloved k stars that ive worked for? If itd been money thered be no discussion and id have bought them without a second thought. But dont mess with my k stars, glu. Just dont do it mate or ill just be like see ya
    I'm 99.9% sure they just added it. (Shady!) They're so poorly made, I would have loved to hear the conversation about them in the Glu offices. "Hey guys, make something REALLY ugly and let's see how many of these suckers we can rope in."

I'm pretty convinced that there is no one in that office with any style or design sense. these looks and items they come up with seriously need some editting. case in point, this event's dress as well as a penchant for using Kourtney as style inspiration.

someone mentioned earlier, but it's weird this event is shorter than previous midweek events, my timer says it'll end in 2 days from now (Thursday morning as oppose to Thursday night)... maybe the dress isn't worth as many event points? still not chasing it though... kinda horrendous looking.

glu "designer": oh I know, let's throw in ruffles to what would be a good gold strapless gown. it would go great with the really basic sunnies from 2004 that we're gonna make them buy and this ambiguously ethnic beaded necklace. such great styling!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    i will occasionally buy a special offer pack but I work hard for my stars let it be known, every single one of them! I dont cheat never have and i cant afford the packs. And i will literally go to hell before i spend them on some ugly sunglasses just to take part in an event, you shouldnt HAVE to pay to take part, if you want extra boxes by all means buy them but i should just be able to take part without parting with my beloved k stars that ive worked for? If itd been money thered be no discussion and id have bought them without a second thought. But dont mess with my k stars, glu. Just dont do it mate or ill just be like see ya

Amen to that.
    The gown is great....till you get to the bottom. As a huge lover of ruffles, as it is currently shown.....my dolls got no damm legs. Oh, that's a little middle insert? Well, it looks like the inside of the skirt....and therefore....it looks like we haven't any legs. Mybe they put that dress in there so people don't kill themselves trying to finish? If so that's thoughtful. Maybe they'll re-release the dress with some modifications.....so we can wear it and look good. I'm very anxious for my first Throwback. I'm sorry so many are so bothered by the 30 Star sunnies....great idea to next time make it either something we ALL have in our closets, or a cash purchase to style.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • minatodorovicminatodorovic Registered Users 43 Posts
    The gown is great....till you get to the bottom. As a huge lover of ruffles, as it is currently shown.....my dolls got no damm legs. Oh, that's a little middle insert? Well, it looks like the inside of the skirt....and therefore....it looks like we haven't any legs. Mybe they put that dress in there so people don't kill themselves trying to finish? If so that's thoughtful. Maybe they'll re-release the dress with some modifications.....so we can wear it and look good. I'm very anxious for my first Throwback. I'm sorry so many are so bothered by the 30 Star sunnies....great idea to next time make it either something we ALL have in our closets, or a cash purchase to style.

Yeah, bottom of the dress is awful especially the leg part. It looks like she spread her legs at the bottom but the top part of her legs looks like she's standing as usual. Like I said, not a big fan of the dress but I like to chase items even tho I don't like it lol
    Well, maybe I'll chase with you.

Discovering the final item is a throwback to failed High School HomeEc projects across the country. #Phelpsface
    phelpsface.jpg

Nah, I'm just kidding. I love Throwbacks. That's what I'm waiting to open.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    When I see this gown I immediately want to get some scissors or just rip those ruffles off. Such poor taste.
    Android
  • Miriam89Miriam89 Registered Users 74 Posts
    Lol, everyone is complaining about the Dress and I'm not be able to get it because my Game is still crashing. 😅
    KKH IOS Player

you're right Koko, it does make our dolls look like their legs have disappeared... I fiddled around on my work break and I think I do like the gown if they fixed the middle part of the ruffles.
    20160809_125253_zpsqkvhdzzj.jpg
    pardon the poor edit, did this on my phone. looks better without the necklace too.
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Well I got all the items.. Just wish you could open all the throwback boxes like in 2015 because I had 5x a hair and didn't get any. Well the dress is nice I guess.
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    you're right Koko, it does make our dolls look like their legs have disappeared... I fiddled around on my work break and I think I do like the gown if they fixed the middle part of the ruffles.
    20160809_125253_zpsqkvhdzzj.jpg
    pardon the poor edit, did this on my phone. looks better without the necklace too.

Wow, that DOES look so much better!
    What I would like is a little clarification on the who what when of the voting. The pop-up that appears when you submit a look says, "Over the next four hours, real players will vote on your look," but after twenty seconds (I think) you are able to purchase your results. Now, if I'm voting on looks, I can't vote on that many in twenty seconds. So unless my submission is instantly added to the rotation, in that time, not many have seen it. So my question I guess is: Is voting for twenty seconds or four hours? Or is buying early results for kstars just giving you what is tallied at thst point, but if you wait, more votes will be earned?
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I think that this will be the very first time that I won't be participating for this voting event. I refuse to pay to play. I won't be taking a break but I'll work on my pending storylines instead.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I don't understand the voting either. If you pay for results, does it just go off how many wins/loses you had at the time you pay? How does it determine that if nobody voted yet? Has anyone actually paid to finish voting early? Do you win every time? It's all very fishy.
    I've never paid because I've always had the glitch, lol. But I've always wondered about it.