Weekend Event 8/12/16~ Working Hard for the $$Money$$

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
5_Star_Prof.gif

I'm so excited. This weekend's objective is to earn 5-star ratings on professional gigs!

So as we anticipate the Prizes this weekend, wondering what they'll be,

Let's watch together, waiting to see the mini loading meter.

And as always, please post the teaser images as soon as you spot them.

(Boy am I embarassed, I thought the rumor was dating....so let's just say, my opening is all ready for the next dating event.)

So, Here's the abreeviated opening, the bar, kitchen and special surprise room will open later.

Do we have any Birthdays this weekend? Show yourself and let us shower you with fireworks and good wishes.

so.......when the glitter pops, Alex announces "Threads Open" hmmm, better go find Alex.

Alex_Confetti.gif

What's your goto working song?

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Aww I thought it was dating too. Hubby is so needy during events and I wanted to kill two birds with one stone.
  • tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    I thought I read it was a party event somewhere. But more looking forward to an event gig weekend since I still have so many to do and parties are exhausting! But I also am anticipating that dating event. My hubby and I are soooooo close to our first baby.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I also thought it was going to be a dating event? Does this mean they're definitely out and won't be back?

This weekend is going to be tough, I'll have visitors so I won't have much time to play. I can't even get a head start for the event which is making me nervous.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    All I know is that this week is NOT dating, I've been told to expect an event based on getting 5 Star performance on Professional Gigs.

I'll tell ya, I spent the morning on the dating one. lol. So I saved it. And hustled for this. But just because this weekend isn't dating, doesnt' mean no more dating events. I honestly don't know either way.. I can't wit for the teasers. :)

What was your first real job?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Khaleesi_Khaleesi_ Registered Users 50 Posts
    I heard a rumor on Instagram that the dating event is going to be next weekend. I hope it's true!
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    (Boy am I embarassed, I thought the rumor was dating....so let's just say, my opening is all ready for the next dating event.)
    Aww I thought it was dating too. Hubby is so needy during events and I wanted to kill two birds with one stone.
    Lii wrote: »
    I also thought it was going to be a dating event? Does this mean they're definitely out and won't be back?

This weekend is going to be tough, I'll have visitors so I won't have much time to play. I can't even get a head start for the event which is making me nervous.

Dating weekend is *supposed* to be next weekend (according to Instagram spoilers), so keep that opening ready!

As usual, I will keep an eye out for this weekend's spoilers!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I just got a mini update!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Yeah, It's all saved code and all. ;) Thanks for all your sleuthing guys. Baba's GF is coming over tonight to watch the Massacre on Big Brother tonight, so I'm making 2 kinds of muphins. (I can't make cupcakes, but my cakes are spectacular) oooooh, there's the buzzer.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Spoiler for the girls!!

image_zpsbp1hqr1y.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    All I know is that this week is NOT dating, I've been told to expect an event based on getting 5 Star performance on Professional Gigs.

I'll tell ya, I spent the morning on the dating one. lol. So I saved it. And hustled for this. But just because this weekend isn't dating, doesnt' mean no more dating events. I honestly don't know either way.. I can't wit for the teasers. :)

What was your first real job?

Can't wait for a dating event. I just know it's coming so I haven't bought any big $$$ items even though I want to buy another home.

My first job was Chuck E Cheese where I was in the costume. It seemed like a good idea, but you get abused by children a lot. Fun story, I eventually got my revenge on one. I had only started a few weeks before when this girl and what I guess is her grandmother came in and right as she came into the door my friend whisked me away. He told me it wasn't a question of if, but when she'd kick and punch me and he'd do his best to watch out for me. Sure enough I dressed up as Chuck and while taking a pic with a kid, I got hit in the back. I turn around and there is this girl who is probably like 7-8 standing there with a smile like the devil who then runs off. I continue to do my walk around interacting with small kids when BAM! I get hit in the head. Turn around and there she is again. Luckily my coworker had already started to come rescue me and took me back to the dressing room. I took the head off and just stood there for a moment when the door knocked. Coworker was asking me if I was OK and needed anything. I was about to answer when I looked over his shoulder and there was the devil girl! Her eyes were as big as saucers as she looked at me holding Chuck's head in my hands. My coworker quickly came in the room and closed the door and we laughed. After that we never saw her again and I really hope she learned a lesson.

Dressing up my doll and doing events is MUCH easier ;)

Edit: Another ruffly top, interesting, but it's purple so I love it!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    I think I love everything lol..might chase the dress and the hair
  • Khaleesi_Khaleesi_ Registered Users 50 Posts
    Of course the gift box outfit is better. Sigh.

Earnable isn't bad but isn't great imo.
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Edit: Another ruffly top, interesting, but it's purple so I love it!

did we have another ruffly top? I can't remember... but I do love a cropped ruffle top
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    PLEASE, stop with the Cuba vibes. Just stop.
  • tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    Love the gift box items, I really love that hair in the gift box. Not sure if I would chase it because I want to save my stars but I do like it. Here is to hoping it shows up in my box!! :)
    ticisss wrote: »
    PLEASE, stop with the Cuba vibes. Just stop.

i dont think it's really as much Cuban as it is just being on trend. I mean, just walk around nyc and a lot of girls are wearing off should tops. ruffles optional. as for the hair, I love that Glu is embracing different hair types and textures.
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I think I like everything!
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Thanks for posting LindaVB!

I know that there's going to be a lot of people loving that hair!

The earnables are meh... the top is okay, but I doubt I will wear any of it. Will still grind because I have a ton of gigs to get through.

I like the giftbox dress, but don't need any of the other items, so my k-stars are safe this week with no chasing!
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    i dont think it's really as much Cuban as it is just being on trend. I mean, just walk around nyc and a lot of girls are wearing off should tops. ruffles optional. as for the hair, I love that Glu is embracing different hair types and textures.

I agree! Ruffle off-the-shoulder tops are everywhere right now. I have a white one from Brandy Melville that I loveeeeee and wear all the time. I think it's it's the purple I'm not loving.

And 100% agree with your comment about the hair.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    This Cuba update was the worst weekend events ever. I can't wait for the new update. And it's my opinion.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Not too crazy about the purse but I do really like the top. I hope I get the dress in my box but I'm not planning to chase anything.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    did we have another ruffly top? I can't remember... but I do love a cropped ruffle top

Oops, maybe that orange top didn't have ruffles, my mistake! Should've just said another cropped one along with the one from July 4th.

I wonder how the purple crop will look with the purple skirt? I could be the purple people eater!

PS, I agree with you about the hair.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Oops, maybe that orange top didn't have ruffles, my mistake! Should've just said another cropped one along with the one from July 4th.

Oh good lol I was all where's my ruffle top?!? I like me some flouncy ruffles haha
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Nothing yet for guys? I saw Linda and ticisss' posts on instagram and came here to check.

I remembered to search and follow dashjenner today, but there's nothing there yet too.

Don't know why, but I'm particularly excited for this weekend...

Funny story:

I really need to improve my English, I saw people complaining about 'ruffles' earlier this week and I didn't know the meaning of the word, for me ruffles was always a potato chips and I never thought much about it lol

And since the dress was golden, in my mind people were comparing the bottom of the dress with the potato chips, but now I saw the word again here and I realised the real meaning!

You saved me from a situation that could go like this:

V goes to some clothes stores with an English speaker friend.

Friend: How about ruffles?
    V: Bish I'm not hungry and you shoudn't eat that junk if you want get in those jeans!

lol

Oh Koko I wanted to share that Britney song about work, but I think it'll be removed!:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    LOOOVE the purple top! I would totally wear that with some denim cutoff shorts in summer. The rest of the earnable and the gist of items are alright.
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Nothing yet for guys? I saw Linda and ticisss' posts on instagram and came here to check.

I remembered to search and follow dashjenner today, but there's nothing there yet too.

Don't know why, but I'm particularly excited for this weekend...

Funny story:

I really need to improve my English, I saw people complaining about 'ruffles' earlier this week and I didn't know the meaning of the word, for me ruffles was always a potato chips and I never thought much about it lol

And since the dress was golden, in my mind people were comparing the bottom of the dress with the potato chips, but now I saw the word again here and I realised the real meaning!

You saved me from a situation that could go like this:

V goes to some clothes stores with an English speaker friend.

Friend: How about ruffles?
    V: Bish I'm not hungry and you shoudn't eat that junk if you want get in those jeans!

lol

Oh Koko I wanted to share that Britney song about work, but I think it'll be removed!:p

Vats, you are hilarious. Hey, have you heard the new Britney song "Clumsy" yet? I think the new album will be amazing...
    You remind me of the babe...

I wonder how the purple crop will look with the purple skirt? I could be the purple people eater!

PS, I agree with you about the hair.

purple etiquette dictates that you must try it with the hot pink spandex pants from a few weeks back then pair that purple top with anything white black or gray jmo but I also looked it up in the Purple -Purple Manifesto.

Have to chase the hair and the gift box outfit I think we need another Kstar sale
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    Love, love, love the purple top. Bag and bracelet not so much. The box items are ok (apart from the shoes), but I won't be chancing them. So my KStars are safe. I do like that we can mix and match most of the Cuban update event items, it's nice that the Glu was inspired by the culture and came up with bright coloured items and cool hairstyles.
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
    Pm me the link and I'll check it out vats. I love your story about round pleated fabric. Lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Thank god for new hair!!!
    Let's not get any further ahead on the spoilers ok? We have the OK to post Event Teasers, but let's stay with immediate events only. When everything for the upcoming month was posted, advance files stopped becoming available.

im still holding out hope that will start getting them again in our games the day before the event started like we used to. Who's with me?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary