Weekend Event 8/12/16~ Working Hard for the $$Money$$

Comments

• krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    im still holding out hope that will start getting them again in our games the day before the event started like we used to. Who's with me?

I miss this so much. It was so great. It allowed you to get prepared ahead of time for an event if you decided you wanted to participate.
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Nothing yet for guys? I saw Linda and ticisss' posts on instagram and came here to check.

I remembered to search and follow dashjenner today, but there's nothing there yet too.

Don't know why, but I'm particularly excited for this weekend...

Funny story:

I really need to improve my English, I saw people complaining about 'ruffles' earlier this week and I didn't know the meaning of the word, for me ruffles was always a potato chips and I never thought much about it lol

And since the dress was golden, in my mind people were comparing the bottom of the dress with the potato chips, but now I saw the word again here and I realised the real meaning!

You saved me from a situation that could go like this:

V goes to some clothes stores with an English speaker friend.

Friend: How about ruffles?
    V: Bish I'm not hungry and you shoudn't eat that junk if you want get in those jeans!

lol

Oh Koko I wanted to share that Britney song about work, but I think it'll be removed!:p

LOL I loved this story Vats literally LOL'd in the office, it made my day! and your English is great :)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Can't wait for a dating event. I just know it's coming so I haven't bought any big $$$ items even though I want to buy another home.

My first job was Chuck E Cheese where I was in the costume. It seemed like a good idea, but you get abused by children a lot. Fun story, I eventually got my revenge on one. I had only started a few weeks before when this girl and what I guess is her grandmother came in and right as she came into the door my friend whisked me away. He told me it wasn't a question of if, but when she'd kick and punch me and he'd do his best to watch out for me. Sure enough I dressed up as Chuck and while taking a pic with a kid, I got hit in the back. I turn around and there is this girl who is probably like 7-8 standing there with a smile like the devil who then runs off. I continue to do my walk around interacting with small kids when BAM! I get hit in the head. Turn around and there she is again. Luckily my coworker had already started to come rescue me and took me back to the dressing room. I took the head off and just stood there for a moment when the door knocked. Coworker was asking me if I was OK and needed anything. I was about to answer when I looked over his shoulder and there was the devil girl! Her eyes were as big as saucers as she looked at me holding Chuck's head in my hands. My coworker quickly came in the room and closed the door and we laughed. After that we never saw her again and I really hope she learned a lesson.

Dressing up my doll and doing events is MUCH easier ;)

Edit: Another ruffly top, interesting, but it's purple so I love it!

Oh you poor thing. I can't tell you how many Chuck E Cheese birthday parties we went to with Baba. Had 2 there for him, and i used to watch Chuck E. making the rounds, and so much abuse. And the Screaming. I felt so bad for them. But then the story of Devil Child seeing Chuck's head in your hands, probably scared the koolaid out of her. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Spoiler for the girls!!

image_zpsbp1hqr1y.jpeg

I love the faux dreads but then again why the hell is Glu is putting most of the afro centric hairstyles inside of the giftboxes⁉That's just ****es me off.:mad: It's so unfair for Glu to be doing that. It's such a slim chance that I may or may not win it on my freebies giftboxes.:(

Oh yeah I saw the what's happening next week for the midweek event. Why is Glu excluding players that don't pay real life money to participate for the throwback event? I'm not paying 60 kstars to participate. I mean like for what⁉It's not even a throwback sale for crying out loud. :confused:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    OMG -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI-vMUrjB6a/?taken-by=dashjennergamer

13649337_525759394296697_810548988_n_zpsj3dxx2uk.jpg

Hair for the boys!!!

I'm sick of blazers but I love that orange so it's a must for me while I want the shorts but would be ok missing them.

It's so interesting that the girls keep getting separates for earnables instead of dresses or one earning pieces to a complete look. I wish everyone luck on getting the locks tho and can only hope boys will get our own one day but for now I'll just celebrate earnable hair ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    This weekend event's items don't look half bad. The purple top and purse look cute and that bracelet look like it might go with the necklace in Show Your Style event. I know I stated in a previous post that I would not be chasing gift box items anymore, but that hair looks too good to pass up. Also people are talking about next's midweek's event. What's happening with that and where can I see the information? I know I might be on Instagram but what would I have to search under to find it?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    Hi. Our GluGuru was cool enough to say we can for the time being post the immediate spoilers while we wait for the event, but...that other info is not for publication at this time. ;) Thanks for understanding.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Quote KatieAlexandra .....With the ~possible~ update happening Monday, it worries me that those who update on time will lose out on an event like last time. If the update comes on Monday, I'm going to wait to install just incase. I am also hoping that the official spoilers get added back in! - End Quote

You know what, that is an excellent point. But believe me, after all the bad feelings regarding the update removing it, I'm sure that won't happen again. But I'll bring that up next time I reach out to Glu.
    But not wanting future spoilers spoiled has nothing to do with that aspect I'm sure. i understood it that Glu doesn't want files that technically shouldn't be here, bootlegged images on the Games own site before Glu is ready to announce. You'd like to hold some control over posting ill gotten images. We're all very happy to have a GluGuru right here in the trenches. And, if it pleases the GluGod, it pleases us. :) Too much?

Anyway, thanks for understanding, tbh, I was just glad we got the go ahead for the imminent event. It's like the benevolence when setting up the Gifting and Friends section for the players.

Now.....who's getting up for the event open at a little over 9 hours? My strategy.....drink plenty of water before bed, you'll get up around 2, so drink a second

I'm going to take the update when it comes. That only happened once, and I'm confident there's no chance of that happening. But....I'll let you know what I find out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I love the faux dreads but then again why the hell is Glu is putting most of the afro centric hairstyles inside of the giftboxes⁉That's just ****es me off.:mad: It's so unfair for Glu to be doing that. It's such a slim chance that I may or may not win it on my freebies giftboxes.:(

Oh yeah I saw the what's happening next week for the midweek event. Why is Glu excluding players that don't pay real life money to participate for the throwback event? I'm not paying 60 kstars to participate. I mean like for what⁉It's not even a throwback sale for crying out loud. :confused:

Glu lately targeting people of African descent by putting certain hairstyles in events only, instead of just letting people buy what they want in the wardrobe. That's messed up. Same with the Pan-African-colored necklace in the midweek event. Earn it or you can't have it. Oh, and and also give us 30 stars for that too, fool.

Hm, SIXTY STARS next week?! Hahahahahaha! That's what happens when people pay the 30 stars. "Ha! They fell for it! Let's get them to give MORE!" I suppose next-next will be forcing people to buy TWO items--is that the event next week, then?--and if suckers offer it up, after that it'll be three. Way to go!
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    I love the Latin vibes of all of the Cuban event items and I love that they're embracing different hair types because not everyone has stick straight hair lol. I personally don't, mine is wild and proud haha. That being said, I'm tired of them being "inspired" by Kourt's style. That white dress is what she wore while in Cuba.
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Omg I love the hair. It reminds me of early 90's Janet Jackson hair. It also reminds me of how Zendaya styled her hair on some not so long ago red carpet event.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Woohoo, got the two items I really wanted without having to chase them!! Happy gaming everyone!

image_zpsei5wnr07.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Woohoo, got the two items I really wanted without having to chase them!! Happy gaming everyone!

image_zpsei5wnr07.jpeg

woo-hoo congrats linda !! I chased the dress, got everything but the dress lol. also a ton of event points and energy.

trying on the ruffle top in the preview with a bunch of different bottoms, it looks good with a lot of what i have! can't wait to get it!! good luck everyone!!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    pIL1HCn.png
    EYgwRyu.png
    PM to add
    Thank you VidaBoheme! So sorry you did not get the dress... Hopefully you'll get it soon in a Throwback?!

And thank you, Nai, for posting the guys items, I included them in the Encyclopedia thread!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Zomg I gots da hurr!!!!!!! I feel so fortunate! I love you, Glu!!!!

swb9c9.jpg

My doll is feeling her faux dreads. #priceless
    GC: Zoë Strange
    Your doll looks gorgeous, Zoyechka!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    She look gorgeous Zoë. I'm loving the clothes in this event. Yes! We love Color!

ETA: Linda, great minds. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    My male & female char. Boxes :)) happy gaming everyone ;)
    image_zpseomc3zqg.png
    image_zps98nwmown.png
    Congrats, Peter! You must have touched my arm as I too got the hair and dress!! Love it!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Is anyone else pleased/amused that the weekend storyline involves Misty? I'm glad to see her, especially after how the last storyline with her treated her, and will definitely make the effort to finish it.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Was hoping so much to get the dress. I 'm sad now. :(
    Screenshot_2016-08-12-14-48-00_zpsrsnhzpvh.jpg
    Android
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    yqkESrt.png?1

I didn't had luck today too Rumpel! I was hoping to get the white shirt or the cool neckless.

I'm happy with the earnables, the hair isn't long enough for my taste, but Im' sure that this one I'll use sometimes and I like blazers and sunglasses.

What bothers me is those shorts again, please stop with those Glu!

The fedora design is nice,but I miss a lil bit more of hair below it!

Congrats Linda and Zoye!

Megannita wrote: »
    Vats, you are hilarious. Hey, have you heard the new Britney song "Clumsy" yet? I think the new album will be amazing...

Yeah I heard, I couldn't agree more with you about the album! Really exciting!
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    LOL I loved this story Vats literally LOL'd in the office, it made my day! and your English is great :)

Aw thanks Vida!:D
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    just a heads up, on the Free Stars page, the "other offers" are double, so if there are any videos available there they are worth 2 vs the usual 1.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    just a heads up, on the Free Stars page, the "other offers" are double, so if there are any videos available there they are worth 2 vs the usual 1.

Thanks for sharing! Off to do some offers!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    Thanks or the tip. I just earned 40 which doubled into 80. I haven't touched Other Offers for a while, so there are still more. Awesome tip.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    Opened my free box and got the hair! Wasn't too bad of a palette (don't have a pic, sorry). But I opened my usual box and boom their was the hair! :)
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    tara98gold wrote: »
    Opened my free box and got the hair! Wasn't too bad of a palette (don't have a pic, sorry). But I opened my usual box and boom their was the hair! :)

Which one is your usual box? I'm trying to see where the hair ends up in most people's pallets and then I'll take a chance at picking it lol
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Thanks or the tip. I just earned 40 which doubled into 80. I haven't touched Other Offers for a while, so there are still more. Awesome tip.

How are you finishing these offers? When I try, I'm in an endless loop of surveys and I am asked to sign up for things beyond the original offer. It feels scammy so I get out of it. What am I doing wrong?
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    How are you finishing these offers? When I try, I'm in an endless loop of surveys and I am asked to sign up for things beyond the original offer. It feels scammy so I get out of it. What am I doing wrong?

I never choose those ones! I usually stick to the videos, and ones that you only need to sign up for. Anything about gift cards/fast food is always a scam, as are ones that give you a ton of stars - they always require credit card info. If you click on the "more offers" (i think it's called, on the other offers page) you can download some apps for k-stars - those ones always work and are easy!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh