Midweek event- Special TB Sale+ 8/16/16

Comments

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I am glad that there is a true sale for those who have wanted one, since that is how throwbacks were first done. For me, though, since I don't usually buy stars, it would have been nice to go back to the original throwback earning event with four throwbacks. I am not asking for anything to be given to me, but if Glu is going back to the old way of the sale, at least give the other option in its original form for those of us who grind.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I hope you didn't feel attacked Ruby, I simply didn't agree with your Silver Platter comment. It seemed to diminish the validity of players who can't play the event, whether the game isn't giving you the event, or you can't afford to buy boxes. But, lest my comment upset or influence any other members, I'm removing it.

I hope that anyone else who is less than bubbling over with enthusiasm will post their negative comments in Hookah. Thanks.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I am glad that there is a true sale for those who have wanted one, since that is how throwbacks were first done. For me, though, since I don't usually buy stars, it would have been nice to go back to the original throwback earning event with four throwbacks. I am not asking for anything to be given to me, but if Glu is going back to the old way of the sale, at least give the other option in its original form for those of us who grind.

Great minds thinks alike all of the time. ☺ I've said the exact same thing on my post from this thread here.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    REALLY wishing I had an outstanding amount of k stars for this event like many instagrammers but alas, I do not. These are 2 of the boxes I purchased, and I only have enough for one more unless I rack up so more k stars. And both items are V day items lol

5Q8opEA.jpg
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Thanks for your kind words, Lii. You got my meaning exactly. I was all excited, and I love coming to the forum to share in the excitement with the community (after all, I can't exactly gush to my IRL people about my game, they don't care! Haha) and I was bummed when all I saw was sadness. I certainly didn't mean to offend with the silver platter comment. My feelings in that moment was that it seemed like there was always lots of disappointed people and something being picked apart no matter what Glu does. In my head I was thinking "Geez, people will only be happy if Glu makes the PERFECT event! It's like they expect Glu will make an all-earnable TB box event with 20 point intervals and free extra boxes and you can pick your specific TB item off a menu and they give you free Kstars and they ban every hacker and they give you unlimited energy and...etc etc." And then there will STILL be someone complaining they styled an outfit after Kourtney. ;) Hahaha Do you see what I mean? That's where my brain was at in that moment. I didn't mean that as an attack on anyone, but I knew it was risky to post that post in the first place.

I totally understand that there are more points of views here than I could ever comprehend, and so many more personal reasons why people feel they way they do about the game. I can't even begin to fathom all of them, but I respect all of them. Just like everyone else, I was simply sharing my little thoughts and feelings, and I welcome everyone else to do the same. :o

I am sorry for those who do not have part or all of the event today, and I certainly hope Glu sorts that out soon. I know the pain of missing an event and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm sending you all hugs and kocktails, and maybe some four leaf clovers for luck? <3
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • KateGreyKateGrey Registered Users 4 Posts
    My only problem with this event is that the good itens stay all for the ones who either can afford everything or are doing something to alter their game. I just saw a box that had 8 hairstyles in it. I opened 25 boxes and didn't get (or even saw as an option) a single hairstyle. So, that's my main problem, with this one.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Ruby with all respect I think it's very contraditory that you don't care about what people with hacked games do, but you do care how everyone's here is feeling.

Just admit to yourself that you love the event to the point that you became afraid that other people complaints can change things again...

You're happy nice! Enjoy the event as much as you can.

I have and excellent self-steem, so I do think that I deserve be treated better maybe on a silver platter as you said , because I want to be the person who will get more than you.

Trust me there's not hate in my words, I'm just being pretty honest here.

I like to feel happy for other people, but also I need to have my own turn to be happy sometimes and that has been denied to me everytime they change things here.

I try to adapt myself and my gameplay for everytime they change the rules to be ready at the next time just to see them changing it again is that seems fair?

Seem fair maxrocky spend 2k k-stars and yet didn't got what she wanted?

Not for me. So yeah ask for an event where they give 4 throwback boxes to grind for + a true selection of a limited number of items to purchase seems a nice solution that we've been asking for a long time.

I can't see that as too demanding or as negative comment.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Great minds thinks alike all of the time. ☺ I've said the exact same thing on my post from this thread here.

:):):):)
  • PeanutellaPeanutella Registered Users 15 Posts
    Minji wrote: »
    I think I've spend about 2300 kstars on the throwback sale ;) and I've gotten everything what I wanted. I think I got about all the hair and I got the GS&Winter eyes + lips so I'm freaking happy <333 Finally I got the hairs I missed in all those 2 years of absence.

These are some of the boxes that I got; I couldn't screen them all because my battery was 4% :o
    f0E2E0b.png

WOOOOOW this palette is unreal!! Congratulations!
  • EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    I cannot express how happy I am to finally have a TRUE throwback sale! I was caught unawares by the first throwback sales and didn't have any stars. Since I never buy stars, I started saving up like crazy for the next throwback sale. My only regret is that I started doubting that there would ever be another true throwback sale and started to spend a little more freely. Even still, I was able to spend ~4500 stars on this sale and get 75 items (out of the 200+ that I'm missing).

My one complaint is that there is very clearly some sort of algorithm that gives accessories and jewelry a MUCH higher percentage of appearing in the throwback boxes. Like I said, I opened 75 boxes and only saw two boxes with hair. It's clear that hair and other much coveted items have a very very small chance of appearing until you have all or most of the shoes, accessories, etc. I don't think this is fair, especially for players who are new or can only open 1 or 2 boxes. I think all items should have an equal chance of appearing In the throwback boxes.
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind words, Lii. You got my meaning exactly. I was all excited, and I love coming to the forum to share in the excitement with the community (after all, I can't exactly gush to my IRL people about my game, they don't care! Haha) and I was bummed when all I saw was sadness. I certainly didn't mean to offend with the silver platter comment. My feelings in that moment was that it seemed like there was always lots of disappointed people and something being picked apart no matter what Glu does. In my head I was thinking "Geez, people will only be happy if Glu makes the PERFECT event! It's like they expect Glu will make an all-earnable TB box event with 20 point intervals and free extra boxes and you can pick your specific TB item off a menu and they give you free Kstars and they ban every hacker and they give you unlimited energy and...etc etc." And then there will STILL be someone complaining they styled an outfit after Kourtney. ;) Hahaha Do you see what I mean? That's where my brain was at in that moment. I didn't mean that as an attack on anyone, but I knew it was risky to post that post in the first place.

I totally understand that there are more points of views here than I could ever comprehend, and so many more personal reasons why people feel they way they do about the game. I can't even begin to fathom all of them, but I respect all of them. Just like everyone else, I was simply sharing my little thoughts and feelings, and I welcome everyone else to do the same. :o

I am sorry for those who do not have part or all of the event today, and I certainly hope Glu sorts that out soon. I know the pain of missing an event and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm sending you all hugs and kocktails, and maybe some four leaf clovers for luck? <3

I understood what you were getting at. And I totally agree with you about not worrying about the cheaters. I don't really care about that, there are cheaters everywhere lol
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Oh no... the dreaded green boa... I got that one too some time ago, it is just the worst!
    But your other winnings are so great!!
    I know right? But at this point the dreaded green boa is so much of a joke, I couldn’t even be mad. It just had to happen, y'know?

Minji, look at that box full of hairs! I feel like I just saw a unicorn. :D

I know I got pretty lucky so far, but I'm greedy and not sated. I'm just not getting the stuff I really want. I am ashamed, but taking a break for now.

tumblr_inline_oc0clu9egT1reitsa_540.png

tumblr_inline_oc0cljSsAe1reitsa_540.png

tumblr_inline_oc0cljLOIB1reitsa_540.png

tumblr_inline_oc0cls70gr1reitsa_540.png

tumblr_inline_oc0clpu3aI1reitsa_540.png
  • tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »

I totally agree with everything you said in this post and your previous one and I love it! I am like you I play the game for fun and don't really care at all what everyone else is doing or what the cheaters are doing. Is what they are doing fair? No of course it isn't, but things in life are never going to be fair all the time, I have learned that lesson multiple times.

It is easy to find fault in anything and when you do, I find that always makes things disappointing. I have learned to just be happy with what I get and move on because being frustrated about it isn't going to get me anywhere in life and I choose to not be miserable over a game. I mean this is a game and I enjoy it, but trust me I don't lose sleep over it and I don't care about the items I don't have or about how this event is being run.

I play for enjoyment and that is it and I have much bigger things to be concerned about in my life then what is happening in a game. I am like you, I don't mind having to work for things because to me that is way more rewarding. I get that everyone is going to have a different perspective on things but I agree with you here Ruby and I get what you were saying.
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I didn't get the event either. I do have the sale and I'm torn. I'm one of the people who bought every box available in the first Throwback sale. I was euphoric as I'd only been playing a few months and coveted so many things. The second Throwback sale I bought almost all the boxes (I think I spooked after getting the green boa and shamrock ring...LOL). I later regretted passing up the remaining boxes because it seemed they would never have a true sale again. I vowed to buy them all if the sale appeared again but then Glu threw in a monkey wrench a couple of weeks ago and didn't allow me to participate in the mid-week event because I have too many of the event items. Ugh!

So, do I buy throwback boxes and never get midweek events? Or do I keep my kstars and hope for future midweek events?
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    No, except for the fangs and the halloween mask. Thanks for making me feel better. I have the fangs, yay! :p

GLU are you seeing this? I want the fangs, I don't want Bilal to make me jealous!
    PM to add
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Haha! Nai I love the way he jauntily stuck his tongue out too ;) cheeky boy LOL :cool:
    Naimonster wrote: »
    GLU are you seeing this? I want the fangs, I don't want Bilal to make me jealous!
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    Here's my first black box

tdaot8o.jpg

Oops lol. Fixed
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    My issue is more with the fact that they've done everything in their power to rid of us our k-stars this month and then they spring this on us because they know how much people love the unlimited TB sales. I guess I'll spend my remaining stars on this event (because after a year, I'm STILL trying to get back the So Glamm features, that green sparkly gown, and a few hairstyles I lost from previous games), but I'll be unprepared for the next VIP event. And why have they shortened the weekly events? Is it because weekend spoilers might prevent us from spending stars?
    It just makes me feel like **** that Glu seems to not give any fluffs about the people who play this game the right way.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up buddy!

Well I guess there's nothing for me here except this marvelous event!;)

I just got my first box and guess what?! Got 2.5 K$ Yay!

I'm so looking foward to get more k$ and energy at my next 2 boxes and an unique pair of brown shoes at my throwback one! So happy!

Oh Koko and Unique, you didn't got the event? Relax that's exactly what we deserve!

I'm so sad for the nice guys from instagram, they'll spend so much on this event while I'm here super happy with all the k-stars I'll save!

Seriously if we get an actual selection I could spend what?! 1800 k-stars I think? Thanks Glu for help me to keep those!

And also I finally realised that I'll never have Brad Pitt's hair or the fab ponytail or any other cool long hair style so I'm feeling so free and happy right now!

Lovely day for a dedicated and honest KKH long time player!:D

Vats, I personally still hope that you will one day have the BP hair. I refuse to give up on that dream. Somehow, someday, you will have it.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Buttiel Haha yes that box was just too unreal! I had almost all the accessories and shoes from TB sale and after that you get boxes full of hair!! It's not normal lol

But I just got paid and bought some kstars already for the weekend event <333
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    And why have they shortened the weekly events? Is it because weekend spoilers might prevent us from spending stars?

This event seems to be the normal timeframe. Opened the game at 6am this morning and timer was at 2 days, 15 hours which is typical for me. The show your style event last week was definitely shorter though.

My first two black boxes were a complete bust. I chose the $2500 for both :mad:
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    This event seems to be the normal timeframe. Opened the game at 6am this morning and timer was at 2 days, 15 hours which is typical for me. The show your style event last week was definitely shorter though.

My first two black boxes were a complete bust. I chose the $2500 for both :mad:

Ah, my bad. I have the 16 day timer in my game, so I was just relying on what everyone was saying. I didn't participate in the SYS event last week, but I was appalled on everyone's behalf that they cut it short when it's already difficult to complete (ESPECIALLY if you're a newer player and don't have many clothing options).
    GC: Coco Fabulous
    I'm pretty sure the countdown timer was broken on top of that. I specifically kept checking to make sure I would have enough time to submit my looks and there was definitely some time shaved off. At least an hour I know of. And they should've let you submit looks after the final 4 hours. Just cut off the event and if you won, you won. Either you'd be on your last outfit and getting your final points or it was a last ditch effort. Who cares.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    My first palette was not very encouraging:
    Z1uPAxy.png

I picked the only box with a dress in the second one, though:
    lRXmRCn.png

Is that a throwback dress? It's in my closet next to other TB items I've gotten-- so that's exciting, if there's a chance to get TB stuff in the non-TB boxes.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    haftime wrote: »
    Is that a throwback dress? It's in my closet next to other TB items I've gotten-- so that's exciting, if there's a chance to get TB stuff in the non-TB boxes.

It might be! Could also be a k-star dress. My first palette had 2 of those shirts with the ruffles down the front that are k-star items.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    My first palette was not very encouraging:
    Z1uPAxy.png

lRXmRCn.png

Lucky pick! It's a TB dress, it's on page nine in the Event encyclopedia (don't know how to link to it, sorry).
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hey guys I hope everyone is enjoying the TB sale event and have gotten some really great prizes. Hopefully the people that were unable to get the event earlier have it now. I manage to get some pretty decent items although it was mostly shoes and accessories. Like someone mentioned earlier it seem that there is some algorithm for the accessories and shoes to show up more often then then the hair and the Christmas and Glamm facial features. Out of all the boxes I opened, I saw a hairstyle about three times since the TB events have started.

0439Z3ql.jpg

kgMc6Lgl.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Minji wrote: »
    I think I've spend about 2300 kstars on the throwback sale ;) and I've gotten everything what I wanted. I think I got about all the hair and I got the GS&Winter eyes + lips so I'm freaking happy <333 Finally I got the hairs I missed in all those 2 years of absence.

These are some of the boxes that I got; I couldn't screen them all because my battery was 4% :o
    ms2ozaL.png
    f0E2E0b.png

Congrats Minji! I have been chasing those eyes and lips since the TB events started but sadly I have yet to even come across them. :( Can I ask you something? Do you have most of the TB items already b/c to me it seems like the hair doesn't come up unless you have most of the TB items already.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts

lRXmRCn.png

Congrats on winning the dress! I'm always seeing it on my boxes and I haven't had a chance to snagged it as of yet.

Yes it's a throwback dress and it's founded from the encyclopedia thread on this pg here.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Here's the TB items I paid to open-- I couldn't resist! Not sure how many more I'll open, since k stars are so precious!
    WdymEFt.png

Here's how I styled Everly in her new items. She blinked when I took the screen cap!
    6EawSAC.png
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.