TB Event Issue - No event just Sale

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
Android / OS 5.0.2 / Samsung Galaxy STab SM T800 / Level 50 / Female

Opened game this morning I got the sale, I can buy 2 throwback boxes, but I'm not getting event points for gigs, and I have no meter for it. My bullhorn gives me the Balmain screen, and the sale. no point meter. Just finished a 3 hour reality show and got this......notice no points. ANd the bullhorn doesn't indicate any event.

cdec918c-ae39-47b3-b28d-899c0041684e_zpsxudinyj1.png'
If you have this or a similar problem with today's event. please post the necessary info
Platform/ OS Version/ Device/ Level in Game/ Gender in game
Brief description of problem.

ETA: I don't think it's because this game has too many GB items. My iOS game has a lot more than this Android, and the iOS got the Event and Sale.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Please just post issues about today's event, place other problems in their respective threads. Thanks.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I have the same issues as you Koko - no event, only sale. No chance of getting extra stars, nor the gorgeous black boots and/or red dress in the gold boxes. This is getting really frustrating. :(

iOS / 9.3.2 / iPad Air / Level 46 / Female
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. I recall the last time, WolfandButler earned one box and then lost the event. It was deemed that the game would determine if you had enough Throwback items Available to participate. If it felt you had too many to win boxes you had no event. I am sure we were told that didn't work and would be adjusted for the next event.

That would be this one. ANd that might be the reason we don't have the event. But if there are enough Tb items to put into a pallet for me to buy from.......why aren't these same tb items available to earn a box from the same pallet? And the other 3 boxes? We can't earn those and then drop out like Wolf's game last time? I don't know what's going on, but if I hear anything, I'll post it here.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Hi. I recall the last time, WolfandButler earned one box and then lost the event. It was deemed that the game would determine if you had enough Throwback items Available to participate. If it felt you had too many to win boxes you had no event. I am sure we were told that didn't work and would be adjusted for the next event.

That's BS. If the game is smart enough to decide you have too many throwback items then it should be smart enough to give you substitution prizes. An extra black/gold box is better than no event at all.
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Hey guys,

Similar to the mid-week event of August 2, this week's event will not appear for a player who already earned most of its top prizes.

We mentioned last time that we fixed that limitation in the next version (September update, coming soon), but we weren't able to fix it for this event. However, we WERE able to add a Throwback item window to this event, so players who don't get a chance to earn event points to open the black and gold gift boxes could still get some throwback items if they'd like.

We know this is not ideal, but it was the best compromise before the fix comes out.

We'll continue to give more chances to get black and gold gift boxes in the future, as well as more Throwback Events and other exciting ways to earn the past events' items.

Sorry about the confusion here.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Hey guys,

Similar to the mid-week event of August 2, this week's event will not appear for a player who already earned most of its top prizes.

We mentioned last time that we fixed that limitation in the next version (September update, coming soon), but we weren't able to fix it for this event. However, we WERE able to add a Throwback item window to this event, so players who don't get a chance to earn event points to open the black and gold gift boxes could still get some throwback items if they'd like.

We know this is not ideal, but it was the best compromise before the fix comes out.

We'll continue to give more chances to get black and gold gift boxes in the future, as well as more Throwback Events and other exciting ways to earn the past events' items.

Yes, do that, because I really want the items from the black and gold boxes (some clothes from Khloe), but I can't have it because I have almost everything from the weekend events so the boxes don't show up for me. Fix that! Or make this kind of events separately from the TBE.
  • CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    Hey guys,

I was told that through the in-game message too, but I just started playing late November 2015, so I really only had like 9 months of items, and of course I don't have EVERY single weekend event item from Nov to current, plus I missed out on like 2 years of items from the start of the game. So I can't imagine why or HOW I made the cutoff to not get an event. That makes no sense at all. That means only new players within the last month with 10 or less event items will get the throwback event activated it seems LOL!