Weekend Event 8/19/16~ Love is all around so Lets make a Date.

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Does anyone know what the idea length of date is? Like with gigs, 3 hours seems to be the way to go because you get 24 event points (2 gigs back to back) vs. the same amount of energy for an 8 hour gig which only gives you 20 points.

I *think* the 1 hour date only gives you 5 points but I have no idea what the others get you. Just trying to pregame, figure out the best strategy :P
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    LantsPance wrote: »
    I'm super excited for a dating event. :)
    I hope the guys earnables are nice!!

Thrilled to hear your enthusiasm!

Here's what you can earn:

Male_Reward.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Yes! I was asking for different colored shorts so I am appeased (doll will probably need some baby powder though considering how hot it is outside!). The box stuff is nice, but I won't chase. Would love the top since I don't have that is like that, but I'll probably get the skirt cause I have so many already.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts

Male_Reward.jpg

I LOOOOOOVVEEEE these earnables!!!
    And wow! The shoes are usually the first earnable, not the last. I'm very pleased.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Did anyone else's mini update take longer to finish than usual? Like it was slower than with most weekend/weekday events
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts

Male_Reward.jpg

I love the floral print on this top! And even though it's a giftbox item I'm also really glad to see more natural/natural adjacent styles in the game in general and hope you guys continue to add them to the non VIP earnables & closet options in the future ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Thank you for sharing KalindaKing! I love that Glu shared the official spoilers this week, I would love to keep seeing that in the future. :)

I'm really liking this event. I wouldn't say that it's my favourite ever, but I am liking all of the items. Of the earnables, I love that the shorts are actually high-waisted (so many in the closet are too in-between), and I LOVE that yellow top. I do like the necklace as well, can't wait to try it with some other outfits (like maybe that long black dress from a few months ago..). Of the giftbox items, I'm not dying for the hair as I have one very similar already from the closet. For once I actually think I like the accessorie the best; that choker/necklace is really nice! I like the top and skirt as well, but worry they'll be hard to style with other items if you don't get both pieces.

I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE A DATING EVENT. It's been months since our last one. I think I might finally be able to have my first child in game...

Also: I hope we get a plain black choker like that in the game one day! I have the one from the reality event from a few months ago, but I'd love one of the stretchy loopy ones (no idea what to call it, but I used to get them from the dollar store in the 90s and early 2000s, lol). Basically the one in this week's giftboxes without the cross and lower necklace part.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Also: I hope we get a plain black choker like that in the game one day! I have the one from the reality event from a few months ago, but I'd love one of the stretchy loopy ones (no idea what to call it, but I used to get them from the dollar store in the 90s, lol). Basically the one in this week's giftboxes without the cross and lower necklace part.

The henna chokers?? Haha, I totally bought one on eBay last week. If only my fifth grade self could see me now!
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    First OMG they fixed the forum now I can see all the editing bar thanks!!!!!!

hahaha I'm crazy!

Thanks for the spoilers again Kalinda! Hope this becomes a thing!

Yeah I like the earnables, aren't my thing, but I can come up with nice stuff for it. Invictus got a similar shirts weeks ago on BSAD I can make Vats twinning with him:)

Now those green shoes are really fun I need them:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    The henna chokers?? Haha, I totally bought one on eBay last week. If only my fifth grade self could see me now!

YES! Can't believe I forgot what they were called. They were so popular when I was in grade school that we had this "scary story" that went around. Something along the lines of a boy and girl meeting when they were young, getting married and growing old together. Throughout the 60-or-so years they were together, the boy would always ask her why she never took her choker off. Then, when she's old and dying he asks her again, so she takes it off and her head falls off! We would seriously wear these 24/7 and tell anyone who took their's off that their head would fall off! I am seriously laughing so hard thinking about this!!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    krystal wrote: »
    Did anyone else's mini update take longer to finish than usual? Like it was slower than with most weekend/weekday events

Mine was actually abnormally fast. :O
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    YES! Can't believe I forgot what they were called. They were so popular when I was in grade school that we had this "scary story" that went around. Something along the lines of a boy and girl meeting when they were young, getting married and growing old together. Throughout the 60-or-so years they were together, the boy would always ask her why she never took her choker off. Then, when she's old and dying he asks her again, so she takes it off and her head falls off! We would seriously wear these 24/7 and tell anyone who took their's off that their head would fall off! I am seriously laughing so hard thinking about this!!

OMG that's freaking scary lol

Angel, my KKG doll, was wearing one of those this week, so relieved that I don't have a headless doll right now!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

lol omg what kids will come up with and believe is wonderful.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I do a bad thing. If I'm stuck with 8 hour dates for a while with my spouse....I pick an NPC and have a few quick 1 hour dates. But if you don't want to lose fans, delete them before they break up with you. :)

Can we cheat on our spouse and date other people? Will our spouse ask for a divorce?
    (Of course I am asking about game play :p )
    Also, can we go on dates at the same time in different locations?
    So weird that I'm talking about cheating on my hubby when celebrating our anniversary.. Haha!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts

As I was reading and got to the point about her never taking it off....The German Student by Hawthorne immediately came to mind. It was the story of a German Student studying in France after or during the Revolution (I've forgotten) and how he meets this poor beautiful girl sad and crying, he wants to help her and they fall in love, and then when he is to meet her back at the square, she breaks it off with him, it can never be, and then her slender fingers go to her neck and she unties the black velvet choker, (or he takes it off) and her head falls off at the base of the French monument. The first time I read it, I had no idea it was about to happen.

Thank you for reminding me of that. I love Hawthorne, but he is so dark at time.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Can we cheat on our spouse and date other people? Will our spouse ask for a divorce?
    So weird that I'm talking about cheating on my hubby when celebrating our anniversary.. Haha!

Yep you date as many NPCs as you want. Nope the spouse won't know that you're cheating so you can be as sneaky as you can.:o I think that you can date at several locations, but I personally wouldn't recommend it though unless you have lots & lots of energy from your giftboxes then I would say go for it.:cool:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Yep you date as many NPCs as you want. Nope the spouse won't know that you're cheating so you can be as sneaky as you can.:o I think that you can date at several locations, but I personally wouldn't recommend though unless you have lots & lots of energy from your giftboxes then I would say go for it.:cool:

Thanks Carol for answering my questions. I was thinking if the date was longer, I would repeatedly wait for an hour to tap on "kiss". In that case, I would be able to date in two locations at the same time.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    That is very good thinking Angeline. I would do one in oak, the long one, and the short dates in Southhampton. This way I only have to go back and forth between soho and hamptons. Leave the plane out of it. You've inspired me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts
    I just realized that we're having a dating event on the weekend of my wedding anniversary omg
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • bladeoobladeoo Registered Users 315 Posts

It's your anniversary too? Congrats to us both! Mine is Sunday
    You can call me SONIA
    GC name is snowrice
    KKH Doll is Trixie
    K&K Doll is Lexie
    :cool:
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    bladeoo wrote: »
    I just realized that we're having a dating event on the weekend of my wedding anniversary omg

Congratulations! Love is truely in the air!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Thanks Carol for answering my questions. I was thinking if the date was longer, I would repeatedly wait for an hour to tap on "kiss". In that case, I would be able to date in two locations at the same time.

Just be sure to delete the random guy you date after hitting the first dating mark (I believe it's 200 or 250, anyway you get a K-star) because after that you are dating him exclusive and your husband may find out and divorce.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Quick question, friends.

Are friend's NPC's datable for dating events such as the one coming up? Like could I date a game center friend for the event instead of looking for a decent-looking NPC (impossible to find, lol)?
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Quick question, friends.

Are friend's NPC's datable for dating events such as the one coming up? Like could I date a game center friend for the event instead of looking for a decent-looking NPC (impossible to find, lol)?

Yep you can. But I think they'll switch to romantic contacts, and then you cannot switch them back to friends anymore.
    PM to add
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Just be sure to delete the random guy you date after hitting the first dating mark (I believe it's 200 or 250, anyway you get a K-star) because after that you are dating him exclusive and your husband may find out and divorce.

I think that when an NPC thinks that the relationship is starting to get serious, my new doll always says no to them.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    And.... I don't have the weekend event #GluCurse I thought Glu stopped doing this!
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Minji wrote: »
    And.... I don't have the weekend event #GluCurse I thought Glu stopped doing this!

You're not supposed to have it yet, it starts in an hour.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    First OMG they fixed the forum now I can see all the editing bar thanks!!!!!!

hahaha I'm crazy!

Lucky I'm not the only crazy one who is ecstatic about this!
    PM to add
    bladeoo wrote: »
    It's your anniversary too? Congrats to us both! Mine is Sunday

Congratulations! Mine was on Tuesday but we are basically celebrating it for the entire week! Nothing crazy, just going out to some fancy restaurants. We both love good food but lazy to cook. :p
    That is very good thinking Angeline. I would do one in oak, the long one, and the short dates in Southhampton. This way I only have to go back and forth between soho and hamptons. Leave the plane out of it. You've inspired me.

I usually do multiple gigs especially when I invite VIPs and have time to babysit the gigs. Was just thinking if it can apply to dating. Never cheat on my hubby though so, it makes me nervous. Haha ...
    LindaVB wrote: »

Good to know. Thanks for sharing. I definitely don't want my hubby to break up with me.
    I never thought of earning a few KStars from NPCs this way. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Quick question, friends.

friends dolls aren't npcs. That means no player character, or non player character. And be careful about dating a friends doll, even 1 date will have them begging for more. They will probably break up with you if you don't continue to date them. Dollies Be crazy like that. And even one date changes the relationship.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary