Weekend Event 8/19/16~ Love is all around so Lets make a Date.

Comments

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Well I couldn't possibly have had a better start to my weekend event:
    6UWob8r.jpg

Tbh I find it incredibly funny. Also I'm kind of relieved I have this now and can never get it again!
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Apple P blew through 4 gbs and got 50 energy each time. I'm going back in, and I'm chasing ANY FREAKING GB Item I can. One, just one for crying out loud. :( Other than that, I'm trying the 8 hour date with hubby and doing 1 hr quickies with NPCs in Vagas. lol
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    glad we got a dating event finally! my 1st box was 50 energy. and I keep getting 2 hr dates. Grr!!
    Ok, I am clearly out of my mind. I just spent 480 Stars on GBs for 1 game, and didn't get one event item. In fact all I got was energy, cash, and one daily box ugly purse. 12 hours ago....that same 480 would have given me 8 TB items. I'm stepping away for a little while, take a break, watch some tv and I'll be back. so please, no game problems till I get back.. (I don't want to tell you what happened with the other game, and I am effing afraid to open the 3rd.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    I'm so glad to have a dating weekend again! Very slowly creeping towards that first child. I'm also very happy with the items this time around. :D

Hope everyone is having a good time (My spouse just paid for an Oak date :cool: , sending that luck to everyone else), and that it gets better for those who had a rough start.

I got very discouraged by my first pick of a box, and debated on trying for more since the TB Sale broke my K-Star vault... but I'm glad I went for it.

tumblr_inline_oc5i62imm41reitsa_540.png

Edit: Holy moly Koko, I am so sorry. The game better drowns you in luck on your 3rd one.
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    Yeyyyy I'm SOOOOOO happy right now!! Got the whole box outfit for 280KStars. I'm so glad I saved the stars instead of spending them on throwback. I didn't want the hat hair, but it's nice that I got the set :):):)

Palette 1: the free box
    image.jpg

Palette 2:
    image.jpg

Palette 3:
    image.jpg
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    Palette 4:
    image.jpg

Palette 5:
    image.jpg

Palette 6: I opened one box got energy, and in the second a choker. forgot to screen cap.

Palette 7:
    image.jpg

Palette 8:
    image.jpg
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    I LOVE this event! <3

The earnables are stunning. The opulent choker is such an eye catcher, the top has a great color and is super suitable for so much stuff, and the pants is something we never had before! I'm so in love and can't wait to get it all!! :D

I also got the white silk skirt in my gift box. I'm very happy :)
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Just noticed that if you date NPCs, you get less event bonus points! Is it some sort of punishment for cheating our spouses:confused:
    Angeline got the chocker necklace she loves in the free box (the 3rd box) and Jon got the blazer (the 7th box). Yay!!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    I'm still half asleep but here are my boxes... I really wanted the top but I'm not gonna chase it. I have to start limiting myself after I realize how much IRL money I spent this month already!
    IMG_20160819_064522_zpsirtciuro.jpg
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Does anyone know how much event points you get per length of date?

1 hour gives you 5

That's all my spouse is allowing right now. I'm trying to figure out which time frame to target for the most event points
    Does anyone know how much event points you get per length of date?

1 hour gives you 5

That's all my spouse is allowing right now. I'm trying to figure out which time frame to target for the most event points

i think 4hr is 16 points and 8hr is 20 points. I think dating events can be different for energy consumption. I can never really tell what's the best time frame.

for example a 1 hr date can be finished with 4 energy at oak only if vintage wine is available, it not you can spend up to 10 energy finishing with other actions.
    Well I was thinking if 8 hour gave you a lot more event points then that's the way to go, because you definitely get the wine option where as on a 1 hour date you hope and pray for that. Like you said, why waste 10 energy on a 1 hour date for only 5 event points. But if a 4 hour date gave you close to what an 8 hour date does, then THAT would be the way to go because you're also more likely to get the wine option AND you use less energy.

Edit: Opened my freebie box and got 40 K-stars ;) The other boxes had the top and choker which I didn't want, and the rest were 50 energy. So I'm pretty happy.
    Well I was thinking if 8 hour gave you a lot more event points then that's the way to go, because you definitely get the wine option where as on a 1 hour date you hope and pray for that. Like you said, why waste 10 energy on a 1 hour date for only 5 event points. But if a 4 hour date gave you close to what an 8 hour date does, then that would be the way to go because you're also more likely to get the wine option AND you use less energy.

agreed. my go to is 4hr dates now considering what you said. I also do that strategy of starting an 8 hr right before bed, almost finished, then wake up to maybe 2 or three taps so at least I'm not losing out on the energy while asleep.

to summarize:
    1 hr = 5 points
    2hr = 8 points
    4 hr = 16 points
    8 hr = 20 points

but you can never really tell how much energy you are expected to use up. best option is 4 hr as soundspretty mentioned since you're not likely to use up as much energy as an 8 hr but your rewards will be close enough to what an 8 hr gives you.

anyone doing dates outside of oak? anyone try out the new places in Havana, Reykjavik, or SD?

ps, I've noticed that I've been getting a lot more bonus points from pets and hubz this time around (compared to past events) anyone getting that too?
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    agreed. my go to is 4hr dates now considering what you said. I also do that strategy of starting an 8 hr right before bed, almost finished, then wake up to maybe 2 or three taps so at least I'm not losing out on the energy while asleep.

to summarize:
    1 hr = 5 points
    2hr = 8 points
    4 hr = 16 points
    8 hr = 20 points

but you can never really tell how much energy you are expected to use up. best option is 4 hr as soundspretty mentioned since you're not likely to use up as much energy as an 8 hr but your rewards will be close enough to what an 8 hr gives you.

anyone doing dates outside of oak? anyone try out the new places in Havana, Reykjavik, or SD?

ps, I've noticed that I've been getting a lot more bonus points from pets and hubz this time around (compared to past events) anyone getting that too?

I do long dates with the hubby and short dates with random NPCs. The long dates I check in every hour to use the kiss option (that also gives a heart) and in the meantime I do the short dates.

Reykjavik is great for cheap dates, it has only one option that costs something and then a lot of small options so you never end up only needing one more heart to fill the meter and only having 8-energy options. SD is expensive and the expensive options don't give much hearts so it's not a great place for dates in my opinion.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    I do long dates with the hubby and short dates with random NPCs. The long dates I check in every hour to use the kiss option (that also gives a heart) and in the meantime I do the short dates.

I just did that, but didn't get any hearts for the second kiss.

I was stuck with the Love Guru action and vintage wine when I only needed a couple of hearts to finish the date. I don't get it, why sometimes I have only 2 actions when there should be at least 4 to choose from? :confused:
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Really like these items, especially the silver jeweled choker. I LOVE me a choker. And it's just great that KalindaKing released those spoilers to us, thank you! I'd rather get my spoilers right from the game vs hunting them down on IG, I hope Glu continues to do this.

I wonder if, in the future, Glu will come up with things to encourage/entice us to date in other locations? Similar to what they did with the reality shows. I know the most efficient ways to complete each type of weekend event, but sometimes it gets boring and repetitive! I stick to the known strategies because I am limited on time and wouldn't be able to finish the events otherwise, but it sure would be nice to have options that are different from Oak but just as efficient! That would be a fun update.

Ok, off to treat the hubby and hopefully get that second baby finally! :cool:
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Hi everyone! Just wondering, is Oak still the best place to date to stretch out your energy (while blowing all your K-Kash on $600 bottles of wine)?
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    I like it, but the wine is 650. My fave date there is the 2 hour. If you luck out and get the wine tapable 1st, you can do a 2 hour for 650 and 8 energy. Hit the Kiss 5 Engy get back 1 = 4 plus 4 for the wine. And those 2 tasks kill it. If the wine isn't there at start up. But there is a tappable all the way to the right of Kiss (approx) for a 1 energy thing. tap that and freequently the wine will pop up. then it's a 2 hour date for 9 Energy. That is my "Wow, I landed in a sweet spot" desired date. More payout for less than we often pay for a one hour.

Oh, and I did my online morning rosary circle, came back and my GBs are treating me better. Cosmos telling me 'first things first'

And my 2nd fave quick place is Mirragio Grande. They have a 450$ wine/or food/ or something I'm pretty sure it's 4 Energy, and it's in the left middle of the tablecloth. It's not as good as the Oak Wine, but it's the good. Maybe 12 or 16 back. It's been a while but it's my 2nd choice for saving energy.

Freeish dates that take more energy are Country Club in the Hamptons, Cantina on the beach in Punta mira. and I like Big Sur. (I feed Suri table s****s....but no chocolate)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I don't feel like the Love Guru action gives you many hearts for the amount of energy it takes. I'm basing this off Oak though, where the $650 wine is the best option followed by the $200 right next to it (can't remember what it's for)
  • iampetermcdowelliampetermcdowell Banned Users 273 Posts
    image_zpshpd9nrkf.png
    image_zps5tw5zi84.png
    image_zpsejrtlqvh.png
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    OMG I did not take pictures of my first pallette!!! But I got the hair in my free box and then:

image_zps9t72f4ps.png

image_zpsf9blomdj.png

I'm stopping here, this is all I wanted! Happy gaming, dolls!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    My hubby (Carlos) just paid for his 3rd or 4th date ever and it was a 4 hour at Oak so free wine!! AND I got the top in my free box! And it's my birthday :) Today is off to a pretty good start.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Paid dates at Oak are the best!!
    urnxo wrote: »
    My hubby (Carlos) just paid for his 3rd or 4th date ever and it was a 4 hour at Oak so free wine!! AND I got the top in my free box! And it's my birthday :) Today is off to a pretty good start.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Happy Birthday urnxo!

My free box -

tumblr_oc5t9w8s0p1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

You know, if I had to miss the hair better it be because it wasn't in my box instead of a bad pick I guess
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Really like these items, especially the silver jeweled choker. I LOVE me a choker. And it's just great that KalindaKing released those spoilers to us, thank you! I'd rather get my spoilers right from the game vs hunting them down on IG, I hope Glu continues to do this.

I wonder if, in the future, Glu will come up with things to encourage/entice us to date in other locations? Similar to what they did with the reality shows. I know the most efficient ways to complete each type of weekend event, but sometimes it gets boring and repetitive! I stick to the known strategies because I am limited on time and wouldn't be able to finish the events otherwise, but it sure would be nice to have options that are different from Oak but just as efficient! That would be a fun update.

Ok, off to treat the hubby and hopefully get that second baby finally! :cool:

I couldn't agree more about the Spoilers. The pilfered pics only sprang up after the Teasers stopped. The official ones are much better. Forum text box features are back, yesterday's spoilers, a feeling like we've reconnected with the MotherShip. Isn't it nice?

And good luck with the baby. Babies are wonderful. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Happy Birthday, urnxo!

Well, of course when I am ambivalent about the hair, I get it first thing :) I love the corset and got it too! Then got a pair of gift box shoes that I have wanted forever, so I am stopping there. Great event so far! It is fun to date again. My doll is 6x divorced, so she is playing the field with a bunch of A listers :)
  • tara98goldtara98gold Registered Users 87 Posts
    urnxo wrote: »

Happy Birthday!!!! :)

So far going well for me. In my free box I got the top and then I decided to buy one box and got the skirt, I am done and all set for all that. I am now working towards the earnable items and towards our first baby. We should get there through this event because we are super close. And hubby paid for one date so far at Oak! Here's to hoping he pays for more! :)
    I've never been so happy about receiving cash in my daily gift boxes. These bottles of wine are killing me.