Weekend Event 8/19/16~ Love is all around so Lets make a Date.

Comments

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm so far behind on this event. I had last-minute plans and hang out with my irl peoples today. I'll try to complete it though.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    After the first event, the client said you should do a free photo shoot because he feels you haven't earned your fee. But Simon found a starring role in a movie. Do you stick with the client for a freebie.....or do you do the movie?

AAAARGH. Part of me says keep the client happy, but the other half says I didn't NOT earn the 5 Stars for the gig, so give me the movie. Which will you do, and will it affect your final payout? Any ideas?

Um, whaaaatttttt??? I don't have ANY of these gigs, and one Simon offered me--can't even remember what it was--I got no event points at all. What the what??? Also I got out of the next heinous sneaker ad.
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Inspiration for the girls' outfits. Really like all the items!!

image_zpsqekjdwt2.jpeg

image_zpschdszway.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    Is there any reason (besides sentimentality) to hold on to a spouse when you've reached 15000? I was thinking I could start dating another NPC until my husband asks for a divorce and get the level-up awards from the new spouse?

Do I keep my babies if I get a divorce?

There is absolutely no reason. I guess if you haven't gotten the gifts from your spouse (I think there are three?) you can wait until you get those. (Weirdly enough I got each gift during a dating event after going on a date with someone else... Not sure if that was a coincidence or if he knew what was going on haha
    But after those it's really better to move on and collect the level up awards again. You also don't lose the babies :)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    There is absolutely no reason. I guess if you haven't gotten the gifts from your spouse (I think there are three?) you can wait until you get those. (Weirdly enough I got each gift during a dating event after going on a date with someone else... Not sure if that was a coincidence or if he knew what was going on haha
    But after those it's really better to move on and collect the level up awards again. You also don't lose the babies :)

Thank you so much, Lii! I've read I lose fans when I get a divorce, but I'll just have to suck it up.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    Is there any reason (besides sentimentality) to hold on to a spouse when you've reached 15000? I was thinking I could start dating another NPC until my husband asks for a divorce and get the level-up awards from the new spouse?

Do I keep my babies if I get a divorce?

Yes, your babies are yours. Besides, our do-hardly-anything spouses barely contribute anything to the relationship, they're certainly not going to be responsible parents if you divorce, so they'll be like my bff's first husband and say "I'll give up the kids if I don't have to give you any money" and they'll walk away. in 20 years when the hard stuff is over, they'll call and say "I decided I want Hermione Felice get to know her father" At which point Hermione laughs in his face and says "Father? You're no father. Now excuse my, it's time for me to hop on the poll for my shift"

However: I dumped my husband at 12,000 points and 1 child. No sooner did I remarry, than 2nd babies were allowed at 15,000, the new max. So, instead of 3000 points of dates, I had to do 15,000 points for my next kid. So, I'm keeping the relationship in case another child is ever on the horizon. Other than that.....drop him. Find a better one. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    has anyone else finished? Am I the only one really surprised that for the first time, an event (other than VIP) did not get a final bunch of event points after you finish the last event gig? I got my gig payout, 25 Stars (6 hour event task) and bonus 25 Event Points (for the GB items I bought chances for) . Then we leave the location, and usually Simon, or Kim, or whoever we were doing the event for gives us End of Event type bonus. Right? No. Nothing. Where is the bonus? I thought for sure the last event task would be followed with a bonus, that would take me up to the final prize. Nuh Uh. :( Bad move. How much do event point cost Glu, that they had to remove the bonus? Is the profit included when I do 4 more dates that much? I don't get it. They're event points. Not dollar bills.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    has anyone else finished? Am I the only one really surprised that for the first time, an event (other than VIP) did not get a final bunch of event points after you finish the last event gig? I got my gig payout, 25 Stars (6 hour event task) and bonus 25 Event Points (for the GB items I bought chances for) . Then we leave the location, and usually Simon, or Kim, or whoever we were doing the event for gives us End of Event type bonus. Right? No. Nothing. Where is the bonus? I thought for sure the last event task would be followed with a bonus, that would take me up to the final prize. Nuh Uh. :( Bad move. How much do event point cost Glu, that they had to remove the bonus? Is the profit included when I do 4 more dates that much? I don't get it. They're event points. Not dollar bills.

I was confused by this as well, Koko! I thought I might have missed it or something -- or maybe chosen the wrong path. I did that dumb unpaid gig for the guy. (Can't think of a single thing to call him that doesn't get censored. I had no idea the word filter here was that strict! Goodness!), so I figured I'd gotten punished for the wrong choice or something. But it's good to know I was right, and that it wasn't just me. Definitely kind of disappointing. I love the fact that the event gigs give you a little something else to do while you're grinding dates. It's a good system, in my opinion. But much less so if you take out the incentive for doing them! Hoping this was a mistake.

Also, I did not move up a single step on the top couples list throughout this event. I'm guessing that's slow for all of us, though.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Really no extra event points?????

Seriously probably I'll would be almost if not done with the event by now if I had chose just going on dates route!

But since I'm out of storylines, I decided to do this horrible gigs cause I thought that even the payout not being so high as much if I did only gigs, I would have a bit of variability on my gameplay *sigh*

Talk about regret!

Seriously what kind of storyline was that? Vats was humiliated and I'll have to work more to get the shoes...

I hate comparisons, but since I started to play BSAM I noticed how Vats is always being mistreated by ugly NPCs on this game storylines, while on BSAD until the currently 2.0.0 update all storylines there are very positive and even Invictus being new to the industry rarely he's mistreated or ends losing something.

KKHGods let's take a walk:
    vWyABQY.gif
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I didn't get a final bonus either, which I thought was weird and kinda chintzy :rolleyes: Also, after all those dates I only moved up 4 spots on the couples list :mad: Good thing I really liked the earnables and was happy to grind for them all :p Good luck to those still working away!
    Buttiel wrote: »
    I was confused by this as well, Koko! I thought I might have missed it or something -- or maybe chosen the wrong path. I did that dumb unpaid gig for the guy. (Can't think of a single thing to call him that doesn't get censored. I had no idea the word filter here was that strict! Goodness!), so I figured I'd gotten punished for the wrong choice or something. But it's good to know I was right, and that it wasn't just me. Definitely kind of disappointing. I love the fact that the event gigs give you a little something else to do while you're grinding dates. It's a good system, in my opinion. But much less so if you take out the incentive for doing them! Hoping this was a mistake.

Also, I did not move up a single step on the top couples list throughout this event. I'm guessing that's slow for all of us, though.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Jax's free box. Well well well, no pants to match! Have to dig my closet.

XbzwACF.png
    PM to add
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    No final bonus?! I'm never going to finish this event lol. I only just got the necklace this morning. I haven't exactly been grinding that hard either so mostly my fault. Still a day and a half though so I'm at least going to try for the shorts.
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Jax's free box. Well well well, no pants to match! Have to dig my closet.

XbzwACF.png

Congrats Nai!

When I saw this set, that was exactly my toughts, nothing that would match at the wardrobe, there are clothes that just works if we chase everything.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    You can still do it! I wanted members to not be expecting the usual bonus. I'll finish, but the final bonus was always such a boost. They always put me over the top. I guess this is the new thing. Or maybe Dating and Vip just don't get them now. Funny, I always said one day they'd surprise us and tack bonus points onto the end of the VIP weekend, and those who didn't do it would miss out. Never thought it would be the reverse. Well, at least everyone knows now and can grind accordingly. I'd hate someone to count on it, and finish just before the event ends, only to be caught short.

But that top is so worth it. Love all the clothes, but I wished they'd go back to dresses. Now I need to pick the right 2 boxes to get the outfit.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Was trying to do the right thing.
    I thought if I do the ad this stupido will realize how professional I am and pay me good kstars.
    Nada. 25+16 event points. And then.. No call from Simon, nothing... How rude.
    I wonder what would have been if I had chosen the movie.
    In my free box I got the necklace (no energy, wow!)
    I 'm happy with the earnables, not crazy about the giftbox stuff.
    Don't like that Kim advertises wearing a corset. Yes, it makes your waist tinier - but it also pushes the inner organs to places they shouldn't be. I won't even let my doll wear that lol. Health first haha
    Android
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I'm really behind on posting this, but here is my free box. I do really like the necklace, but I'm not down to chase it this week as I usually only like to chase when I'd be happy with any of the giftbox items. Unfortunately, I can't see any pieces in my closet that would work with just the top or skirt, so I would really need both to wear, but with my luck I NEVER get all of the event items, even when I open a lot, so too risky for me this week. And the hat/hair looks like something I recently bought in the closet, so I really don't need it.

IMG_0872.png

With this white giftbox purse, I'm really close to having ALL of the white giftbox items. Hopefully I will start getting some of the black/gold box items soon.

Currently I'm at 10306/12000 dating points with my husband! Sooooo close to that first baby, I can't wait! I remember I had a daughter in my old game!
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Inspiration for the girls' outfits. Really like all the items!!

Thanks for sharing! I'm actually really liking Kourtney's outfit this week (I know everyone loves to complain about her style), I think it looks a lot better in game, too.

Definitely won't be doing the gigs this weekend - thanks for sharing!

I've moved up so far from #35 to #26. I only go on dates with my husband about every other day apart from dating events. Also, I I completed the third level of the "love" achievement AND reached the next level of dating with him. Wondering if these things influence the moving on the list? Not sure.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    I've moved up so far from #35 to #28. I only go on dates with my husband about every other day apart from dating events. Also, I I completed the third level of the "love" achievement AND reached the next level of dating with him. Wondering if these things influence the moving on the list? Not sure.

Wait, you moved from #35 to #28 just with this event? That's insane! I was stuck at #35 for a long time (months), and I've been at #34 since before the last dating event. I date whenever my spouse calls (so every 1-2 days), and grind dates whenever I run out of storylines at my current level. :(
    I wouldn't be surprised if all those things had some influence. I only just made it to 9000 points with my spouse, but I have the 'love' achievement maxed out at 8. Did have a previous marriage also, though. That one was stuck at #35 for months as well, and never made it past it before I started over. Someone please tell me this is normal; I feel cursed! :eek:
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Wait, you moved from #35 to #28 just with this event? That's insane! I was stuck at #35 for a long time (months), and I've been at #34 since before the last dating event. I date whenever my spouse calls (so every 1-2 days), and grind dates whenever I run out of storylines at my current level. :(
    I wouldn't be surprised if all those things had some influence. I only just made it to 9000 points with my spouse, but I have the 'love' achievement maxed out at 8. Did have a previous marriage also, though. That one was stuck at #35 for months as well, and never made it past it before I started over. Someone please tell me this is normal; I feel cursed! :eek:

I might have gone down to #34 a couple days ago, but that's the lowest I could have been when I started the event yesterday. I really wish I would have kept better track of this, as there are periods of time when I'm stuck for what seems like forever. This is the fastest I remember moving, but it's also the first time I've worked towards completing a dating event in this game. On my old account, I never really tried for weekend events, would usually just get the first item unless I loved everything, then I would grind. On this account, the last dating event was sooooo long ago and I wasn't really focussed on dating at that point.

I actually edited my comment above (must have been while you were typing up your response) because I've made it to #26 now! Those other factors must make a difference. I'll pay better attention when I reach the 12000 mark.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    I'm done. :) Everyone of the three finished. It was definitely all the giftboxes I bought. At the beginning...I had no luck with a boatload of boxes. I did get lot of energy though. Then I did morning prayers, and came back. I was Golden. lol. (I also blew though way more than I planned, But, I can actually do something for the rest of the weekend. If I didn't love the clothes so much I wouldn't have pursued. And, amending my last comment. While I do love dresses, the separates
    let us mix and match so much more. I'll do pics after I rejoice in the day that is free. :) What are you guys doing?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Rumple, if you do the free ad for the guy, then Simon should call and tell you about a gig in London that is unrelated to the twerpy guy. That's the third event gig.

I finished the event but still haven't done the last event gig. I opened boxes and received the hair and the corset top, but quit then so no skirt. But the top looks great with the high waisted khaki pants we won awhile back (that came with the tie-front shirt). My doll is wearing that and the black hat with black boots. One day I will learn to post pics.

Also, if you wear the new silver necklace with the navy dress from People's Choice event, it looks like one piece.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts

However: I dumped my husband at 12,000 points and 1 child. No sooner did I remarry, than 2nd babies were allowed at 15,000, the new max. So, instead of 3000 points of dates, I had to do 15,000 points for my next kid. So, I'm keeping the relationship in case another child is ever on the horizon. Other than that.....drop him. Find a better one. :)

Heh, I've thought so many times about divorcing Bort cause he always wears a hat and I can't get rid of him, but my fear is what happened to you. I break up with him and next update he gives me better gifts or something and I'd have to start allll over lol.

Anyway, just received the shorts which I love! I have so many tops and crop tops that only really went well with like one skirt or pants, but this works with so many different things.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    I love those shorts. I put one doll in the big clunky shoes with the bow. She looks like a tap dancer from a chorus line in an old movie.
    tumblr_mlftb3mzU51rskmjfo1_400.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts

Yeah, I'm stuck at #32 as well. I'm almost at 12000 (not sure how many zeros? The one where you'd get your first baby...) it was the same with the previous husband, I can't seem to get any further.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    The best way to go up at the couples list is to non stop dating at several places and with different amount of hours.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Happy Birthday urnxo!

Thank you Julesmo, I had finished the event, but just was confused about the storyline..
    I think Simon did a lousy job this weekend!
    What was the meaning of all that? The guy didn't say a word at Brittania.. Simon didn't call afterwards. Everything was just weird.
    Did anyone make the movie instead? What happened there?
    Android
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I chose the movie the second gig then I still had to do that guy's job because I refused to pay 2 Kstars to charm him. I won't even pay him K$!! Don't like the storyline at all. What does that have to do with dating weekend:confused: Not only no extra bonus in the end, can't even invite a professional on the job. Had to stuck with him in the studio. :(
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Same result. If you did the movie, you ended up with the same result. 2 games chose to honor the contract, and then simon gives you a movie to make money. I figured that was where the Bonus Points would come. Nada. the 3rd game sad no to the free job, did a movie instead then had to either pay Stars, or do the make up. I chose the make up gig. Figured that would finish up and bonus. Nada. Now, one of us said they paid the w stars but didn't have the gig yet. So...if anyone who paid the stars and finished....did you get bonus points ?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Vats wrote: »
    The best way to go up at the couples list is to non stop dating at several places and with different amount of hours.

Don't forget one or two in Big Sur or Napa. So romantic looking.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I don't think that I'm gonna complete this event.:(

I honestly cannot remember when the last time that dating events been this difficult to complete. It feels like complete torture to me.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    contemplating whether to complete the event or not. More shoes for my shoe addict achievement is always good and I cracked top 10 for the first time ever in the game but I'm currently at 130k and feeling a bit cheap xD
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats