Midweek event-8/30/2016 It's a Throwback!!!!!!

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
Minji, it's another Monday, and I can't help but think we're all wondering.....will there or won't there? So rather than start a new "It's monday, anyone think we'll have an event this Midweek" thread, I grabbed this little unfruitful thread from last week. so....new week same question.........

Do you think we'll have a midweek event this week?
We'll just wait here.

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
πŸ’œVats
πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134

Comments

• urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    The question that has been on my mind all morning, lol. To wake up at 5am tomorrow in hopes we get one since we were midweek event-less last week or to get a few extra hours beauty sleep? Hmm...
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I would like one too, hopefully a gift/throwback box thing.
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Want a 4 box throwback event pleaseee
    Player since day 1 🀩 iOS πŸ‡³πŸ‡΄

πŸ“’ ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I was visiting family this weekend and slacked a bit on the game so I would love a midweek to get me back into the swing of things! Four box throwback would definitely be nice but I'm worried that's no longer a thing :( I'd be happy with even 2 boxes! :)
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Hopefully we get one because I really need to do something tomorrow at school lol
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    A good old colorful 4 box Throwback would be so great!
    Android
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Throwback please. Gluuu :(

✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    given that it's fashion week I want a show your style something if we do get an event, one that doesn't mean having to buy into it tho.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I'm hoping show your style event :rolleyes:

I need rest from grinding, but of course if it's a good old throwback I'll take it too.
    PM to add
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Yes!! We have a Midweek event!!!

image_zpsjqtrp5jb.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Yippee!!! πŸ˜€
    Android
  • MNieuwMNieuw Registered Users 159 Posts
    I have the sign for the Throwback event, but no event? Is it because I bought ALL the throwback items when they were available for purchase?
    Daily KKH Player ~ iOS
    Level 79 (Max)
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I was honestly not expecting an event since there were no signs (no mini update, no rumors...) so I was really happy to see the event banner pop up! Very excited for the event, and we have the option to buy boxes again!
    But is the event fixed for people that have what Glu considers "too many" event items? They have been promising to fix it and we've had an update now,
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Good morning all! Happy to see that we have an event this week! I'm volunteering/working all week... so it may be a tricky one for me, but going to try my best to get that throwback box. Good luck all!
    β™‘ iOS (level 64 A+++) β™‘
    β™”Β Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhΒ β™”
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    MNieuw wrote: Β»
    I have the sign for the Throwback event, but no event? Is it because I bought ALL the throwback items when they were available for purchase?

Yup, I had the throwback event. Decided to buy a bunch of TB boxes and then I lost the event :( Oh well, I don't regret buying the boxes. My wishlist is all checked off :D BUT lesson learned, play the event first then buy boxes otherwise glu might take the event away. Boo. It's kind of silly that glu is punishing their loyal customers that are spending a **** ton of money on their game. I've spent more money on this game in the last month it is embarrassing and theyre punishing me by not letting me play the event? With all the money I spent I deserve to open the two black and gold boxes at least.

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I bought all the throwback items precisely because I knew this game had unfairly stopped giving me 'free' throwback events and I didn't believe Glu when they said they would fix it. Looks like my instinct was correct in not trusting them. Even if we have all the throwback items, we should still have the opportunity to earn gold and black boxes. It is absolutely RIDICULOUS that Glu has still stripped that opportunity from us, despite promising they would fix it.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
    Ahh I spent way too much on kstars but glad we get another shot at TB boxes. One box down, 3 to go.
    Android 7.0
  • MNieuwMNieuw Registered Users 159 Posts
    Yup, I had the throwback event. Decided to buy a bunch of TB boxes and then I lost the event :( Oh well, I don't regret buying the boxes. My wishlist is all checked off :D BUT lesson learned, play the event first then buy boxes otherwise glu might take the event away. Boo. It's kind of silly that glu is punishing their loyal customers that are spending a **** ton of money on their game. I've spent more money on this game in the last month it is embarrassing and theyre punishing me by not letting me play the event? With all the money I spent I deserve to open the two black and gold boxes at least.

I know, my spouse will divorce me if it should ever come to light how much I actually spent. Thanks for also clearing it up for me!!
    Daily KKH Player ~ iOS
    Level 79 (Max)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts

I'm sorry this happened. One of two things......either when they said it would be fixed in the September Update, they meant the one that actually comes out IN september, not the one that we'll be playing most of September.

Or, the ones with no event honestly have all the items. Lets see if others don't have it and don't have all the items. Last time one game of mine didn't get the event....this week it did. Will I get all the way up to the TB box prize? It's going to be hard, but I'll try.

And Milieuw, Gift Cards were created for just that purpose. What happens in the Game, stays in the game. lol. :)

And I'm sorry some are still without the event. Yeah, if no TBs are available...pop in one more non throwback for games with all the TBs and then Everyone could play for something.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Oh, and if you do like to keep how much $$ you spend between you and the game, here's a PSA. September starts in 2 days, and that reminds me that in a few months we'll have a Black Friday Sale. And that tells me Imma need a lot of Stars. So, each time you go to the store, pick up a 10$ card, or a 15$ card, and by the time the sales roll in, you'll be sitting pretty. Will we have another Star Sale? We have in the past. So if you're like me and leave no CC trail....start stockpiling those giftcards. That's it. Off to tap now.

;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Even if the posters with no event have "all" the items... How does that excuse taking away an opportunity to grind for black and gold items? That's basically saying that since I spent money on the game and paid for boxes, I don't deserve the opportunity to win the black and gold outfits or hairstyles or shoes.... How does that make sense? How is that fair?

Need I remind glu that my throwback events were taken from me when I was missing dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of event items, and glu specifically told us they were going to undo this. They lied.
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Seriously????? This ****ing TBE with the black and golden boxes again?! Glu promised that they'll make this separately! I already buy all the boxes, I already have all the items and now I have nothing to do in my game. So that's how it works? You spend your money and your energy on a game that don't have nothing good for you? That sucks in so many levels.
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Yaay.. I don't have an event yippyyy!! Stupid Glu for not fixing this issue. They're missing out on my money because I ain't gonna buy anything until this is fixed.
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    And I really want to see someone saying that my game is not "legit". I can post screens of my game here and screens of my google wallet, that shows my purchases in KKH :)
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Even if the posters with no event have "all" the items... How does that excuse taking away an opportunity to grind for black and gold items? That's basically saying that since I spent money on the game and paid for boxes, I don't deserve the opportunity to win the black and gold outfits or hairstyles or shoes.... How does that make sense? How is that fair?

Need I remind glu that my throwback events were taken from me when I was missing dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of event items, and glu specifically told us they were going to undo this. They lied.

I completely agree. Yeah they are definitely taking the event away before you have all the throwback items. I only bought a couple TB boxes this morning and had lots left before I had everything and they had already taken the event away. Thats when I thought similar to you where if I can't earn them i'll buy them then. Not quite the same satisfaction knowing i'm just giving greedy glu more money and they are the ones winning. Not me. I'm torn between being super happy that I now have all the TB items and some very coveted hair and the So Glamm features that I could't wait to get my hands on- BUT not happy with glu. I should have been able to buy some TB boxes and grind away at the event that I had but they took it away after a couple TB boxes. I did not have the midweek event last time so I was thinking they had changed it since I had it this morning. Would have been nice with how much money is being spent to have gotten the opportunity to grind to open ONE free TB box -because I still had palettes to open. I didn't have them all. Also their algorithm is sneaky. You definitely do not get hair or the facial features until you get all the accessories out of the way first. Can't change glu- so i'll just choose to be happy with my TB items I received today. :D Hopefully they fix some things come september.

Well to overwrite some of my complaining here is unique all dolled up with some of her new favorite items:

PhotoGrid_1472561576379.jpg
    I know, my spouse will divorce me if it should ever come to light how much I actually spent. Thanks for also clearing it up for me!!

LOL same here! Koko really is a woman of wisdom! I need to remember gift cards ;p

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
    If Glu wants to block games that are hacked, then they need to work on a way to do just that. By blocking games that have "too many" items they are also blocking out their big spenders.... Like.... Hello.... This isn't rocket science. All Glu has to do is look at a games account to see how much they've spent. If you see an account has spent money, hello, DON'T BLOCK THEIR GAME!!!

Why are people being punished for spending money on a product? What business sense does it make?

It's so painfully moronic. And unfair.
    Oh, and if you do like to keep how much $$ you spend between you and the game, here's a PSA. September starts in 2 days, and that reminds me that in a few months we'll have a Black Friday Sale. And that tells me Imma need a lot of Stars. So, each time you go to the store, pick up a 10$ card, or a 15$ card, and by the time the sales roll in, you'll be sitting pretty. Will we have another Star Sale? We have in the past. So if you're like me and leave no CC trail....start stockpiling those giftcards. That's it. Off to tap now.

;)

That is a great idea, koko. Thank you!! My wallet thanks you as well! :)
    Android 7.0

I posted in Hookah. I know a lot of players are still being locked out. I do know they said this would be corrected, and when it wasn't and we asked, the answer came back in the September update. So, we need to find out if the Update we got last week was considered the September update, or the August update. But the one game that didn't get the event last time, did get it this time. You should post there too Wolfie. And, I'll try and find out whether the September update with the revision is still coming, or was last weeks.

TBH, I felt sure when I got the event, I thought it would be back for everyone. I guess with more weekend event items, the ratio could have gone down naturally. But is this the 3rd TB you've been excluded from?

ETA: I did reach out to see if we can get clarification about which update is the September update. Wolfie, hope you don't mind, but I mentioned you specifically, because I recall this would be the third you were locked out of. I'll let you know what I find out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts

;)

This is great advice! I am going to make a wish list now. I have never participated in the sale beyond just saving a few stars for a couple weeks prior. I may take this gift card idea and run with it lol. I have some Target gift cards that I am sure could be used to purchase Google cards... Hmmmm.. and a birthday coming up... gather up change in my car...
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    why does this week's event feel underwhelming? I just realized why I didn't see any spoilers on instagram... probably because those insta folks "bought" them all and can't get to the event. just speculating. the insta community for kkh vs us here is so very different lol anywho... because I'm underwhelmed by all this, im kinda thinking of just sitting this out... it's not exciting anymore like when we first got mid week events... especially when the main goal (throwback box) is almost unattainable. hmm good luck to those grinding though! I wanna see what's in people's boxes!