Midweek event-8/30/2016 It's a Throwback!!!!!!

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    NOOOOOO!!!!

PYsaSea.png?1
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    NOOOOOO!!!!

PYsaSea.png?1

That's faked up gurl. I'm with you in this, stupid kash - are they ever gonna change that???
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    NOOOOOO!!!!

PYsaSea.png?1

I'm confused SoundsPretty. What are those things that are not cash? I haven't seen any of them in My palettes. lol. But yeah, the mis luck. Which box number was this for you SoundsPretty?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    This was my third box, so gold. All are gold box items except the shoes are actually a k-star item in the wardrobe and I couldn't find the necklace, although there are so many accessories I may have missed it. A throwback item perhaps? I can't believe I picked the one out of two duds. I only have one gold box item currently so I'm pretty bummed. We so rarely get those boxes.
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    This was my third box, so gold. All are gold box items except the shoes are actually a k-star item in the wardrobe and I couldn't find the necklace, although there are so many accessories I may have missed it. A throwback item perhaps? I can't believe I picked the one out of two duds. I only have one gold box item currently so I'm pretty bummed. We so rarely get those boxes.

I got that brown dress in my gold box the first week they changed up the throwbacks. I have seen those hoops in a few palettes lately. That is rotten luck! Maybe your throwback box will be awesome to make up for it!
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    1st box:
    UGH! πŸ‘ŽGone in 2 min. Meaningless.

Screenshot_2016-08-30-12-50-44_zpsvcbpewae.jpg
    Android
    2nd box:
    Oh yes! Likes it.πŸ‘
    Screenshot_2016-08-30-19-43-18_zpspgtemt1m.jpg
    Android
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Here are my first three boxes. Pretty disappointing! Hope I can make it to the TB box!

pYygD7u.png
    Kash!

7MPQ8Re.png
    Kash again! Some good stuff I missed in this one. And... from the gold box... wait for it...

Rev8SiG.png
    It's kash! I really want that leather jacket/minidress in the third box on the bottom row.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.Β 
    Golden box:
    K-stars! Wonderful! Decided to buy another box, hoping for the double bun. Was between box 4 and 8.
    Bad decision..
    Screenshot_2016-08-31-01-08-17_20160901010912392_zpswd3yggqz.jpg
    Android
    Throwback box:
    Yes! I'm absolutely in love with this dress πŸ˜„ Decided to leave it at that and not open another box from this palette. Maybe tomorrow I buy one more..
    Screenshot_2016-08-31-21-41-01_zpsbjcef0au.jpg
    Android
    As far as the event...I've got 2 games in the low 500s, and one in the mid 400s. I think I'll finish! Green Boa.....here I come. :) I love the double bun, but I've yet to see it in my giftboxes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Golden box:
    K-stars! Wonderful! Decided to buy another box, hoping for the double bun. Was between box 4 and 8.
    Bad decision..

That.. Sigh I want that hair sooooo bad it fits perfectly with my snapchat/insta girl character etc
    Minji, sooner or later, one lucky day... The double bun is easier to get than other hairstyles from events, there are so many.. but never in our TB boxes...

Everly, those are some mean boxes.. How disappointing!
    Android
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I'm really shot on time, so I'm going to keep this quick and catch up on all of your comments later (excited)! But, I'm volunteering all this week (seriously 12-16 hour days) so, I'm really worried I won't finish; I'm at 231 points with 1d 3h left! Please cross your fingers for me!

I've been taking screenshots of my boxes, so I will upload when the event is done and I have more time (refusing to admit that I might not finish the event). Also, telling myself that I will buy myself an extra box when I finish as a reward/motivation for finishing when I get home super late and want to sleep instead of grind.

Good luck to you all! I look forward to catching up when I have more time!

xo
    β™‘ iOS (level 64 A+++) β™‘
    β™”Β Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhΒ β™”
    I need to do 13 more reality shows to reach 600 :) I like that it's a fast way to get gig points but it's so tedious. Mostly because you have to travel to Hollywood to set it up. Would be a lot easier if it was a button in the home like VIP and parties :)

The only hairstyle I've seen in my throwback boxes has been the pirate hat. If I get that this time I swear...
    I need to do 13 more reality shows to reach 600 :) I like that it's a fast way to get gig points but it's so tedious. Mostly because you have to travel to Hollywood to set it up. Would be a lot easier if it was a button in the home like VIP and parties :)

The only hairstyle I've seen in my throwback boxes has been the pirate hat. If I get that this time I swear...

That's not a hairstyle, that's a joke.
    My doll wore it only once - with a ruffled blouse and a cloud over her head.

Good luck everybody!
    Android
    That's not a hairstyle, that's a joke.
    My doll wore it only once - with a ruffled blouse and a cloud over her head.

Good luck everybody!

I got the pirate hat hair not too long before I got the storyline about the Comic Convention (or some similar con), and Simon said people would be in costume, so my doll wore her pirate hat and some other goofy clothing items!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.Β 
    Ha! I already have the mermaid outfit so I really don't need another costume. That pirate hat haunts me though! It's only a matter of time.
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I understand that a few of you didn't see the Throwback midweek event. Due to a technical limitation, if you are only missing a few items from the Throwback box, you will not see the event. We understand this is frustrating, so we aim to change how this works in the next update.
    You said the exact same thing a month ago. I didn't trust Glu would actually fix it then, and I was right. Can't say I have much faith in things being fixed now.

Besides, I call BS on "technical limitation". If by that you mean Glu willingly and intentionally installed a 'cap', thinking they would be weeding out illegitimate games, then sure... but this is something you guys have chosen to introduce without thinking how it impacts your loyal customers who actually throw money at this game. It is something you could undo very easily.

Thank you koko for reaching out to Glu and mentioning me specifically, because i've all but given up. I noticed yesterday that I was given 50 k-stars and a "thanks for playing" message, which I presume is because of all this hoo-ha. I'm done with trying to contact Glu customer care in game, the last message I got was them explaining to me how videos and free k-stars work. Like... are you ****ing kidding me? I could not believe what I was reading. I'm not asking about free k-stars you tw*ts, I'm asking about the throwback event!!! How hard is it to follow a conversation? It's honestly appalling. A lovely Glu staffer reached out to me via PM around a month ago and said they'd look into all of this for me... well I have not heard back of course. And now that I've actually bought all the throwback items, anyone investigating my account NOW (as opposed to then, back when I was actually missing so many items and made the original complaint) will just say it's valid because I have everything. But I DIDN'T have everything. Now it's too late to investigate why my account was blocked even back then.

I'm so fed up. I try to be positive about the game, I wrote a very positive post about the weekend event, I try to give Glu credit and kudos whenever they do anything remotely right... but this is the thanks I get from them. I'm so tired of it. :(
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
    Golden box:
    Bad decision..
    The hair at the bottom right... I am DYING to get this hair. Of course, I never even have the opportunity to open a black and gold box and win it thanks to Glu's antics. My game has completely been stripped off the event so it is impossible for me to ever win it. Literally impossible. Thanks Glu!!!! You really look after your "priority customers" don't you!!
    I don't even see it in my palettes. Unles it's hiding behind all those boxes of Cash. I'm sorry you're locked out. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    2 Games got their throwback......AppleP got earrings, and Z got her dream gown....the 2014 Red Christmas Gown!. Last game has 50 Event points, but I get that done in the morning. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts

Amen to that! πŸ‘ It would be better if they would put reality show button in every house.
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
    I don't even see it in my palettes. Unles it's hiding behind all those boxes of Cash. I'm sorry you're locked out. :(
    At least you have palettes to open though. If you have palettes, you have a chance.

No palettes, no chance.

I have no chance. :(
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I have to say, I'm pretty happy with all of my boxes this week. I already posted one of my black boxes were I got a tb purse.
    Here are the other boxes:

0uEuCLk.jpg
    It's actually a regular item but I really like he pants and they cost K-stars so I'm happy.

NqWYOCc.jpg
    Not a big fan of these sunglasses but they are an actual gold box item so I'm happy to have them. Also a really great palette with lots of actual gold box items! I wish they were always like this!

8yaZiER.jpg
    It's jewelry but you have to get through all the jewelry to get to the good stuff. And I actually like these items so I think I'm going to use them. There are so many different gold shades in the game, and they never seem to match! The more I have the higher the chances I'll find something that goes together.

But can anyone tell me where the necklace is from? It showed up at the very top of my closet, right next to the engagement ring.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    I found this graphic from the 2.6.0 update which was released around Valentine's Day 2015. Looks like the necklace on the model. Since it's at the top of your wardrobe it may have been from a Valentine quest?

rRBphiQ.jpg
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Thank you soundspretty! That's definitely the necklace, and I was also thinking it might be from a quest or something? It would be really cool if we were able to get those items as well.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Got this outfit in my gold box. It's 30 Kstars to purchase in the closet. I'm happy to see some event/ closet items in our black/ gold boxes. I saw the VIP dress and shoes that you gals were talking about earlier in my black boxes as well. I just didn't have the luck to pick them.

image.jpg

The hair is in one of the palettes I opened but I missed it ... (Crying), instead I picked the St. Patrick's Day sunnies. :(

image.jpg

I feel so sorry for people who didn't get to open black/gold boxes because of having most of the event items. Hopefully this will be fixed in this month's update that Glu promised and you all get some sort of compensation. Good luck for dolls who are still grinding for the last throw back box. You can do it! :)
    🍎 iOS dollsπŸ“± Β 
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    b29bX30.png?1

Guess I'm going hiking. Anyone know how these were styled?

I think these are from the Jan 8 update which we are missing in the encyclopedia. I also have a pair of shiny black boots with socks listed before them in my wardrobe that aren't in the encyclopedia either but both have the gig icons so I assume they were from the same weekend.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it! I'm gonna post to the Project X thread so it can be added.
    b29bX30.png?1

Guess I'm going hiking. Anyone know how these were styled?

I think these are from the Jan 8 update which we are missing in the encyclopedia. I also have a pair of shiny black boots with socks listed before them in my wardrobe that aren't in the encyclopedia either but both have the gig icons so I assume they were from the same weekend.

Aren't those from the Montana update? I want them because they're so different from anything else in my closet!