General Complaints Thread

Comments

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    Note: i'm not targeting anyone specific. Wrote a long tirade, read it, then deleted it. I'm not out to argue with people or how they should feel. But that being said...

I joined this board because I thought it would be fun. We had topics like how you would style around a certain item, someone had a baby shower, or some other fun thing. Now? Complain central 24/7. It really was fun seeing other dolls and sharing our gameplay experience or just talking about random storylines. Now it just feels like negative vibes on the weekly all about complaints from us and stupid glitches from them. The atmosphere feels almost toxic. "well Vida if you're so sick of it then get out" I can hear some people say as they think it's targeted towards them. lol whatever, some people will bring the world down with them because they want it... I.E. people are in a sour mood so they want others to be too. not me!

my complaint, and I hate to say this: I hate these midweek events and I wish it was never introduced. I liked how it was before and how sane people were lol okay done.

Ok I really DO NOT mean this in a snarky way, but I giggled at your post bc you posted a complaint about complaints in the complaint thread. I know what you mean, though, sometimes it seems like the complaints spill over into other threads. I think there is also a "pile on" phenomenon, when one person has an issue and then everyone comes forward with their take on it. And I am certainly a complainer, when I feel like something should be addressed. With Glu moderators reading and responding to us, I think there is the idea now that we have their ear so people want to express themselves even more.
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Ok I really DO NOT mean this in a snarky way, but I giggled at your post bc you posted a complaint about complaints in the complaint thread. I know what you mean, though, sometimes it seems like the complaints spill over into other threads. I think there is also a "pile on" phenomenon, when one person has an issue and then everyone comes forward with their take on it. And I am certainly a complainer, when I feel like something should be addressed. With Glu moderators reading and responding to us, I think there is the idea now that we have their ear so people want to express themselves even more.

LOL now I'm laughing at myself! LMFAO yes Jules I complained in a complaint thread about complainers! I think my issue with complaints is just they've become too much. I'm not saying everyone's complaint is invalid or anything but it feels like overkill lately for the past couple of months. I think I've become resigned to the idea we can't have it all. Which sucks because this fantasy world we created made it seem like at least our dolls can LOL Anywho, I hope that Glu is listening to us. Kim? Kalinda? Jesus? anyone? lol
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    Everyone have the rights to complain. It's not a free game, some people actually spend the money that they work to get with this game. That's how Glu make money. That's how Glu pay all the people that work for them. That's how Kim Kardashian buy beach houses LOL And I'll not just stop playing the game because I don't like A LOT of things about it, I really want to keep playing, but I'll not say that everything it's just perfect, because it's not. I put my money in it, so I'll complain how much I want to. That's how the capitalist world works.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm really not feeling it. Here are the 3 boxes I've gotten from grinding on one game for a day. The other 2 devices didn't get shoes. THeir palettes are as pathetic as this one. :(

Screenshot_2016-08-30-06-41-14-1_zps3cpjpgof.png

Screenshot_2016-08-30-16-25-54-1_zpslimgmqwm.png

Screenshot_2016-08-31-09-55-15-1_zps3uekreqp.png

At least if I'd gotten anything halfway worthwhile, I'd be more likely to go for the last box. I honestly feel like I've been working for crumbs. I could have made more $ skipping the event and just doing gigs. Midweeks have done a 180 in my opinion. Honestly, if there is one throwback at the end I have to go through those other 3 Zonk prizes...(and I can't buy a dress for 25 Stars, so they're all zonks imo.) TBH I think I'm sitting out the next one if it's like this. ANd halfway through.....my 'good' box before the throwback was garbage anyway. And I say Garbage, because there are so many Daily, Black and Gold items I don't have and yet my palettes are horrible.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I'm really not feeling it. Here are the 3 boxes I've gotten from grinding on one game for a day. The other 2 devices didn't get shoes. THeir palettes are as pathetic as this one. :(

Screenshot_2016-08-30-06-41-14-1_zps3cpjpgof.png

Screenshot_2016-08-30-16-25-54-1_zpslimgmqwm.png

Screenshot_2016-08-31-09-55-15-1_zps3uekreqp.png

At least if I'd gotten anything halfway worthwhile, I'd be more likely to go for the last box. I honestly feel like I've been working for crumbs. I could have made more $ skipping the event and just doing gigs. Midweeks have done a 180 in my opinion. Honestly, if there is one throwback at the end I have to go through those other 3 Zonk prizes...(and I can't buy a dress for 25 Stars, so they're all zonks imo.) TBH I think I'm sitting out the next one if it's like this. ANd halfway through.....my 'good' box before the throwback was garbage anyway. And I say Garbage, because there are so many Daily, Black and Gold items I don't have and yet my palettes are horrible.

That's how I feel, too. I'm not even mad about it anymore, I just don't want to do it. "The opposite of love is not hate; it's indifference."
    I do appreciate that they've added the unlimited TB boxes for 60 stars, but it seems like hackers are the ones benefitting the most from that and it's really discouraging. It would be nice if they could add just ONE MORE that you could earn through hard work. Otherwise...I just don't know how much I want to do this anymore.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
    Ok, who am I kidding? I've come this far, even if it's a green feather boa, I'm getting the TB. Maybe, I just will not be getting up throughout the night again. lol. And yes I guess I do have a lot of things. But if you don't want to put wardrobe items in my palette, then how about a Free LookBook Save? That would make me feel I won something. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Ok, who am I kidding? I've come this far, even if it's a green feather boa, I'm getting the TB. Maybe, I just will not be getting up throughout the night again. lol. And yes I guess I do have a lot of things. But if you don't want to put wardrobe items in my palette, then how about a Free LookBook Save? That would make me feel I won something. :)

A free Look Book save is a GREAT idea, you need to post that in the Suggestion Thread. That would be a good gift box prize or partnership prize for the lesser partnerships; they could cycle it in between 5kstars and 20 energy.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I agree with both Vida and Julesmo. From now on I will try and keep my complaints strictly to this thread, that way I have a place to blow of steam (which everyone needs to do from time to time) but the event threads don't get so depressing. They used to be my little happy place and now they just make me sad :/
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Eternallove99Eternallove99 Registered Users 39 Posts
    I am so annoyed right now, at the game, and myself too, I bought a star pack yesterday to open extra throwback boxes as a treat to myself, they were OK at least they were actual throwback items, nothing i was chasing, but I was OK with what I got so fool that I am today I went nuts chasing the event hair, spent a fortune on star packs chasing it, and still didnt get it, I got the orange dress and the bracelet, I cant even remember how many boxes I opened, but that was what I got event wise, the rest was event points, and daily box items, and 2 lots of palletes all boxes I opened were cash :(:( I would still feel bad if I got the hair because of how much I spent, but at least I would have got what I wanted, but all this and I didnt even get the one item I was after, serves me right I guess :( I should have known better been stung too many times before, seems I needed to learn that lesson again. I am not spending any more money on the game no matter how much I want stuff (can you tell hairstyles are my weakness with this game) and I will go back to what I did before, limiting myself to the free box in events
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Eternal I'm so sorry you had to went through all that, we've all been through this at least once! What I want to tell you is don't blame yourself, we all sink deep into this virtual gamble at some point in our gameplay. I've spent thousands chasing hair (my weakness too, high five) and not getting it. I keep telling myself, you've already spent 500KStars, why give up? Another 500KStars later and I tell myself, it HAS to be the next box, but nuh-uh. Which brings me to my point of coming here, I'm so annoyed that Glu pushed all the hairstyles to the end of the throwback boxes. But, their loss alright, I won't buy any additional boxes just for this fact. I have 2 games, both with thousands of KStars but not going to throw all of them away for 0 chance of getting hairstyles. The algorithm should be fair and square.

I may be minority but I pretty much preferred the original throwback where they put in like 40 items in the sale. If there's nothing on my wishlist, I can save my KStars gambling. The first throwback, I got my Halloween boots and I was done in like 3-4 boxes. Second throwback, I liked majority so I bought everything. That's the way to earn money.
    PM to add
    The hamster wheel of GBs. Nai is right, we've all been there at one time or another. The best thing for me.....I set 2 figures. One is how many GBs I will buy.......and the 2nd figure how much I will actually spend before I put my foot down. If I stick to my 1st figure, I feel great. If I kreep toward the second figure.....it's gotta be hair or a purple dress. And I feel sure that each next box will be the hair. But never go passed your 2nd figure. That 2nd number is the border between walking away and saying "I got a bunch of things and I'm not chasing the hair anymore" or falling into the black pit of despair.

Clear your head, have a snack, walk around and shake it off. Then come back and if you want more boxes...set a limit you can live with. Then you don't feel quilty, or end up with GB remorse. Or come in here and just let it all out. You're among friends, we've all been there doll.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks for understanding guys :) I am more annoyed at myself as I should have quit when I got the palletes with the cash only, also buying all those packs pushed my perk points up and i got stars there too, and spent them as well to no avail I just got the invoices through from Apple and I spent even more than I realised which kind of makes it worse, so just got to learn some more self control. I was really annoyed when 2 sets of pallets were 3 boxes of cash that seemed really unfair for 40 stars each, but hey we've all been there right. I didnt realise they had pushed back the hairstyles in the throwback boxes either, same for those I am going to limit myself to the free box there too. I am usually OK, but sometimes I really want an item,(99% of the time its hair) and it gets into the 1 more box thing, which is a vicious circle.
    It didnt help the hair was in every pallette I opened which made it seem so close. It has happened so much before, so I decided free box only, and I was really good keeping to that till now, and getting those invoices through all together sobered me up I can tell you, usually they come in bits and pieces they all came together today and made me realise how much I was spending.
    My problem is they always put the best hairstyles in the gift boxes. I feel a bit better than I did earlier, still feel stupid but i learned my lesson.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Scratch my previous post, I hate myself.
    PM to add
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Eternal, what Nai and Koko said is true. I've been there too and missed so many hairstyles. It's easy to get caught up in the chase but you really have to step away for a while, cool down and get some perspective. After cooling off I'd come back and say "this is silly to get so frustrated over a game and virtual items! I'd rather spend my money on a hairstyle FOR MYSELF!" :) Hope the rest of your weekend goes better doll :)
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    Oh my god when the h-ll are we getting new facial features?? Preferably eyes and lips inspired by Sophia Loren and Khloe. Two years in and all they have released is So Glamm, Holiday, and NARS. It would be nice if they could at least have another set of NARS items for purchase. As for this weekend event, my she needs Ryan Starr because this investing money into a stupid app that my doll said "No" to is up there with the most stupid things he has done. There was no option to hang up the phone, no call from Maria about any of this, nothing. Let him be broke and go back to that annoying teenage brat of his. She won't be doing anything with this app and will purposely not attend the photo shoot. At this point, I do not find Simon to be cute nor funny. Just a clueless old man who is missing his nap time and skipping his meds. Bring back Ryan Starr, Tom Lord, Jack Hudson, Ram Patel, and Rhani.
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I am so annoyed right now, at the game, and myself too, I bought a star pack yesterday to open extra throwback boxes as a treat to myself, they were OK at least they were actual throwback items, nothing i was chasing, but I was OK with what I got so fool that I am today I went nuts chasing the event hair, spent a fortune on star packs chasing it, and still didnt get it, I got the orange dress and the bracelet, I cant even remember how many boxes I opened, but that was what I got event wise, the rest was event points, and daily box items, and 2 lots of palletes all boxes I opened were cash :(:( I would still feel bad if I got the hair because of how much I spent, but at least I would have got what I wanted, but all this and I didnt even get the one item I was after, serves me right I guess :( I should have known better been stung too many times before, seems I needed to learn that lesson again. I am not spending any more money on the game no matter how much I want stuff (can you tell hairstyles are my weakness with this game) and I will go back to what I did before, limiting myself to the free box in events
    We've pretty much all been there. Ive bought an embarrassing amount of Kstars just to chase an item that Glu decided I wasn't worthy of.

I offer you hugs. It's a tough one.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • ButtielButtiel Registered Users 106 Posts
    I'm so angry right now. :mad:

tumblr_od6vi4lIls1s4u9nqo2_500.jpg

I was so happy that I managed to finish this event -- only 3 more points to go and I entered my last look when there were 4h and 10min left on the timer. Whether I win or lose, my last look would get be that dress. And now this.

tumblr_od6vi4lIls1s4u9nqo1_1280.jpg

It's just ignoring the fact that I had a look submitted. And of course it only did this after the timer went under 4 hours, so there's no way for me to enter another look. Every single time there's a voting event, people suggest that we should still be able to submit looks, just for those of us who need 5 more event points or less. I love the rest of this event; I enjoy the pants, I enjoy the 2 TB boxes at the beginning that most people can earn. But I can't help but be reminded of how hard these voting events are when a single mistake (from the game, not me) can make or break it. Shouldn't there be some room for error? :(
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    Im really frustrated at this week's voting event. I didn't win ANY.

This is especially frustrating since this time they limited the mandatory clothing item to the 30kstar pant which didn't really go with much except for the basic tops in my opinion. In the end I BARELY got the earrings, so I am grateful for that, but the fact that I made sure to log on every 4 hours during the day and could barely progress in the event was so maddening.
    I am getting nowhere where this customer ticket. I should message them and say forget it. I am glad my sim did not win that stale banana colored bathrobe from this event, perks of being in school and doing something useful rather than waiting for hours on in just to get x amount of points and a "You lost" response. Also, I am sick of Kourtney's trash, whatever mess is inspired by her should be given to her character. Then again, I have seen how a KKH sim is dressed in my contact list and it doesn't surprise that such a skimpy outfit would excite selected players. Another thing, I am sick of these stupid catches in midweek events. I was not about to waste thirty stars on a tacky pair of pants that look like someone spilled Coca-Cola all over them and used chalk to colored pencils to trace the flowers. Is it so hard to go back to a vanilla earnable throwback event with FOUR throwback boxes???

Along with new facial features (should have multiple lips and eyes by now, plenty of weekends and plenty of looks to go off of) I am STILL waiting for this look to be a #ShopMyCloset. Whoever decides and comes up with them better figure out how to separate it, and throw in more than 60 k-stars. One thing is for certain after not getting squat except the hair from here and my sim losing her pomeranian in a purse from multiple throwbacks she should be given this entire look.
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    ughhh just accidentally divorced hubby #3 :( I know I know, there's a prompt asking you if you want to and I wasn't paying attention because I was trying to cancel a date and that just happened ughhh lol oh well, we were stuck at #32 forever and dating spouses everyday was getting in the way... Vida is a career gal at heart... just so mad at myself over that lol...
    They are selling my much coveted Christmas hair, so one hand delighted, but on the other, they are making me spend money again , and its 200 stars, seriously 200 stars :mad:

I have bought a star pack but waiting to see if its a VIP weekend before buying, seriously feel a bit sick about how much I've spent in this game this month, why did they have to have the Christmas hair the week before payday :eek:
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I really hate Simon... can I please get a new agent??? :rolleyes:
    Still, no option to change NPC faces and hair which is annoying as h-ll since Kim's birthday and the Halloween event are literally just around the corner and there will be three more updates left this year. As for the sh-t weekend event, all of it looks like trash. I have seen this garbage on a clearance rack at Walmart. I see the team re-released this Shop My Closet for some stupid reason, some of us would rather have a new one like this even though it looks like a bed sheet with a belt or a new Kim's Pick like so.

Unlike other players out there I prefer clothes like this, this, and this that cover the body and none of this stripper trash that people are going gaga over. No more of Kourtney's hand-me-downs! Whoever is using her needs to f-
    cking let it go. Blazers with Louboutins, new facials, and earnable hair. Of course, people want to cry and whine for endless throwback sales well I want a midweek throwback event like this from 5.5.0 Four earnable boxes and no more of this b.s. 50 k-stars just to participate in an event, I would rather save those for a weekend event. Luckily I had exams to prep for and assignments to finish and didn't bother with it; whoever came up with that event is probably the same idiot who created that purple eye-sore Unity Theater, probably created Brazen and set up the tasks to be one and two energies, probably even created the pervert Brandon Marlo, who thankfully is gone and hopefully for good.

I also like how the team completely ruined a favorite Stardom Hollywood character a few weekends ago, whoever the clown was who came up with those weekend tasks decided to change the name and go as far as turning him into a promoter for a disgusting beverage. Hampton Martin is a director who could have been used MULTIPLE times in KKH for numerous movie and television projects but for some reason that did not happen. I posted about Stardom characters here, they should just forget it now since obviously, they couldn't handle it.

As for the new storyline task. I do not give a d-mn about the old man and his pink haired problem child, I see a quick and easy job such as an appearance at La Rue or attending a fashion show with Kim, Anna, or Misty in order to get the d-mn fashion house just couldn't be thought done, extra people and their extra drama just had to be involved. I want to say screw it because I want her doing more Bollywood movies with Rani Khosla and Ram Patel, a guest role on a soap opera, shooting a sitcom with NeNe, modeling a new collection with Alexis Masterson, club appearances with Cassio, I want the design assistant fired, and my sim to do more promotion for her reality tv show. It was annoying enough running around looking for earrings with Maria, helping Kendall and Kylie get a car, and then babysitting Denise and later the design assistant in London. The option to say no, sucks for you and have another gig lined up would be nice but they sure as h-ll aren't going to allow that.
  • anaa0anaa0 Registered Users 11 Posts
    Just a few, or just a lot of things, that are bothering me to the point of giving up...
    With every single new update there's a feeling of a hope for a new exciting items, features, story-line etc.
    And of course, after updating, playing, paying, there's inevitable feeling of disappointment. Again, again, and again. Every single time.
    I wish that I could feel again that same excitement as I did 1,5 year ago when I started to play - now totally ruined, boring, disappointing -game, in which I've spent a very decent amount of my hard earned money. In return I've got ZERO.
    Always so many exaggerated announcements, "wow, a new update-what good improvements will it bring to us "thirsty for the game and new things" players?" As usually - nothing, but a few wardrobe items, and booooring story-lines. The one and only thing about this last update that made my day as a customer, was return of Cassio. Why can't we finally date him, why can't we marry him etc? What happened with that movie story with him, where's a sequel? He was the only exciting thing in this game for me, because other in-game male players are at least to say - ugly and their styling is awful. Not one of my players was a nice looking man, normally dressed etc.
    Where are other facial options in this game? Why can't we change the details about our dolls or facial features of in-game characters? Where are new hairstyles, new eyes, lips; why can't we have a large palette of colors for those features??
    Is it that hard to program a game so it can be modified as we all wish it to be? Don't we all deserve it, after all, we're all helping Kim to buy herself an island from our money?? Maybe some appreciation would be in order from her side.
    Weekend events-3 story-lines, sooo dumb, sooo not exciting... :rolleyes:
    Anyway, I think it's very overdue for Glu to give to us what we want and what we deserve!
    We all want much more story-lines, instead of approximately 5 per update (not sure how many are in each update, but it's not enough), interesting, exciting, romantic (Cassio - or any other in-game character that other players prefer- make an option to date and marry them all if we want!), we want to be able to modify our dolls facial features like eyebrows etc.
    Remove that annoying, no good, 4k money prize from gift box already, don't add Krew feature, please start paying attention to our long awaited requests. What's the point in every single new update if it only brings disappointment to a very large part of your players?
    Personally I think we don't ask too much, you're making this game, you're programing it, and you did a great job developing it, so why it's so hard for you to make these improvements? Why are you treating us in a disrespectful way, when we are the ones that are keeping your game alive? :(
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Completely agree with anaa0.

I'm also ****ed that when doing less "developed" events, like parties and reality show episodes, it happens often that I need ONE or TWO stars to finish and the only available actions cost 8 energy! In my whole house there are 3 actions and all three require 8 freaking energy when I'm basically done. It's ridiculous.
  • ItsLucienItsLucien Registered Users 19 Posts
    Stop handing the short straw to male characters :/

I can never bring myself to spend IRL money on this game when the options for my character are so drastically different from playing a female.
    Lucien ★ level 25 ★ male character, female player ★ iOS - add me on Facebook since GC is no more
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Ok so I received a quest from Maria that will pop in 8 hours but has a time limit of 12... and considering the time of night I got it, would make that pop at around 4am and end at 7:30am....

I really do wish we would get a warning before before we get these time limited quests so we don't pick them up at a time of day when it's wholly inconvenient. It's happened before.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    I hate those too.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    Ok so I received a quest from Maria that will pop in 8 hours but has a time limit of 12... and considering the time of night I got it, would make that pop at around 4am and end at 7:30am....

I really do wish we would get a warning before before we get these time limited quests so we don't pick them up at a time of day when it's wholly inconvenient. It's happened before.

yes! this always happens after you finish an 8 hour task and you're about to go to bed too.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    So naturally I failed said quest. Also because it essentially gave me only 4 hours to complete an 8 hour task, which is just nonsense. :mad: It was the "our first feature" or something quest from my wedding quest chain, so I guess that saga ends here? :(
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3