Storyline v5.2.0 Product Placement Storyline

2Next

Comments

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Hello Soundspretty. There is a new achievement called Hype It Up and each time you do a reality show in the home where your product placement is and tap that item you will increase that achievement :) It doesn't have to be 8 hour shows, you will still get the tappable doing 3 hour shows. I'm on level 3 of the achievement right now and have received the rewards for each level :)
    I don't think this was a huge win for the game. You do get extra cash and a k-star when offered the product placement but other than that there isn't a real benefit. Maybe if you got a placement right before a throwback or weekend reality event where the tappable product helps you finish the show faster. I got one after doing I think three shows but the amount of resources needed to try for the placement doesn't seem worth it. There is the hype goal but for all that work to try and earn the product placement in the first place is exhausting. I'd much rather do the 3-hour shows because for the same amount of energy it takes to do one 8-hour show, I can do 3 of the other.
  • webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    Well I did an 8 hour show and my product placement is gone from that too, so I guess my week is up?

Anybody on to their next one?
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I know about the Hype achievement but I still don't think it's worth it :P Whenever we have a 5 star gig weekend or throwback I always do the reality shows because they are the fastest way to earn points and I get so burnt out of reality shows by the end of the event. Maybe that's why I don't like this feature so much :)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I said yes to a product placement in my Downtown Apartment. I don't see the item there! I better go read my own screenshots. Anyone know what and where the item is in the Apartment Downtown? It's on my tiny phone screen and with all the bullhorns and buttons, it'g getting worse than some cable screens. Help?

Nevermind, it's a Mountain Bull energy drink, on the table under the picture. Your task is to Gulp it. and.....I got this after I finished an 'accidental finger slip' gave me an 8 hour Downtown rather than the no thank you I was trying for.

So...I took my other Android and started an 8 hour Downtown. I'm trying to see if it's a pattern.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    I was wondering something. I'm on my 3rd week of product placement. The first week I got the energy drink in the LA apt, last week was the champagne in Malibu and this week I got the same, the champagne placement. So I'm guessing it's random? I was curious if anyone got others besides Malibu and the LA downtown apartment
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    ofortuna wrote: »
    I was wondering something. I'm on my 3rd week of product placement. The first week I got the energy drink in the LA apt, last week was the champagne in Malibu and this week I got the same, the champagne placement. So I'm guessing it's random? I was curious if anyone got others besides Malibu and the LA downtown apartment

I had vodka(?)--Immaculat or something? Sorry, I haven't been paying so much attention to the game as I usually do--in San Diego, and Dino Rocks cereal in Hollywood. Dino Rocks. Mmmm. Hard as a rock. And Crunchy too! Yum!
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I had vodka(?)--Immaculat or something? Sorry, I haven't been paying so much attention to the game as I usually do--in San Diego, and Dino Rocks cereal in Hollywood. Dino Rocks. Mmmm. Hard as a rock. And Crunchy too! Yum!

Ah ok good to know! seems to be more hassle than it's worth, but trying to be the top show has been a fun challenge!
  • RubyAmazedRubyAmazed Registered Users 111 Posts
    Sorry to dig up this older thread, but I've done over 20+ 8 hour reality shows all over the world and still have not gotten my first product placement. Should I contact Glu?
    iOS
    Ruby » level 35 A+++
    Let's consult the FAQs, sometimes they happen to have just the right answer. Hang on I'll see what I can grab. The FAQs are also in the help section of the Options tab in your game. :) Alas, I type very poorly for a forum on a device, gimme Larry the Laptop anytime.. hang on or lets looks together.

ETA:

[h=2]What are Product Placements Deals?[/h] As your reality show gets more and more popular, brands will start to notice. 5-star your Reality projects for a chance at Product Placement Deals! Brands will want to show off their products on your show, and you’ll get paid for doing it! Win-win!

Ok nothing. I do recall one game just not getting any. And I didn't keep track but it went on forever. Then suddenly....POP.....I'm getting them.

So, you can try a little more, or submit your ticket. If you do submit a ticket, please let us know how it turns out. But know there are a lot of tickets already in queue, and you will probably have a bit of a wait. You could post in General Discussion if you want to see if you're alone in this boat or on a cruise with your friends. So 3 choices I can think of, hope this helps. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I wonder if the frequency matters any? When I got my first one I think it was my third show in a row. Are you doing them back to back or doing other things in-between? Maybe there's a pattern we're just not seeing.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up this older thread, but I've done over 20+ 8 hour reality shows all over the world and still have not gotten my first product placement. Should I contact Glu?

I haven't received one yet myself.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Ok, let's suggest if you're not getting them, you keep track of how many shoots, how long and where. Meanwhile I have 2 expiring tomorrow, I'll try and log what I do and when it happens. Soundspretty - I'll try the back to back on the one game that doesn't have one now.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    RubyAmazed wrote: »

Product placements are available by chance whenever you get 5-stars on a reality show. You should eventually get a call from Simon about it. However, if you believe that there is a bug with your game, you can submit a support ticket or send me a PM and we'll take a look at your game file.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    Sorry... I'm still confused with product placement... So 2 times Simon called me, but they want to put it in San Diego home... is the product placement always at San Diego home? or is it random? because I don't have San Diego home
    No. I've gotten them or heard of them in the Apartment Down Town, Malibu, Pretty sure the Hollywood condo......and you'll probably find a few other locations listed in the earlier posts in this thread. Each time I have gotten the call from Simon with a product placement....it has been right after an 8 hour reality shoot. Hope this helps. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    No. I've gotten them or heard of them in the Apartment Down Town, Malibu, Pretty sure the Hollywood condo......and you'll probably find a few other locations listed in the earlier posts in this thread. Each time I have gotten the call from Simon with a product placement....it has been right after an 8 hour reality shoot. Hope this helps. :)

I can verify that I too receive them after doing eight hour reality shows. Usually I have to do two 8 hour shows and Simon will call after the second. Not every time!
    And frequency? One game got a placement after her 1st 8 hour gig. And another didn't get one for over a week. No rhyme or reason.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Yeah, it's really by chance. One time I did two 8-hour gigs and got an offer, another time I did several gigs a day for two weeks until Simon finally called again. It really comes down to luck.

And they can be anywhere, I've had them in Hollywood (twice), San Diego, Mykonos and Vienna.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    For 1 month I have been doing reality shows without any offer from Simon.
    Today after an 8 hour gig in San Diego he finally called.
    3 kstars and kash for a wine product placement... in Vienna.

The problem is: the house in Vienna is my least favorite. Didn't get the pony, and I didn't plan to buy any furniture.
    The table costs 25 kstars.
    This was just too much for now.
    I had declined an offer before (1 kstar and kash for Monstrobull in LA) and it took Simon one week to call again - with exactly the same offer... which I took then.

Now I am afraid that I'm stuck with this Vienna offer, and if I don't buy this kitsch table, there will be no more product placement deals.
    But not without a discount from Maria, that's for sure!
    So I guess no product placement deals for me in the near future...
    Android
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I actually haven't been doing product placements lately. I have all the houses, but they aren't all furnished. I kept getting offers to place the product on tables, etc that I haven't purchased yet and it wasn't worth accepting if I had to purchase a table for 25 stars just to get the product placement :rolleyes: Instead when I have spare time I work on raising the achievements for the international reality shows :)
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    Thanks a lot, now I understand... Sorry for the trouble, sometimes I'm still confused even after reading this thread so I need to ask all over again >.<
  • ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    I just received a call from Simon about Product Placement and had no idea what that meant. So I searched through all the posts and found this thread and I still can't make sense of it. I don't entirely understand what happens and what I have to do?
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
    Hi Product placement.
    • UpChuck Chili (fictitious name) decides they want to advertise on your realty show.
    • Simon calls says they'll pay $1,200 dollars and 2 Stars to have their product on screen in your Malibu home during your show for a week. You say yes or no, if yes - you immediately get paid.

For all intents and purposes, this could be the end of your action. You don't even have to film at that location.
    But.....
    • If you film there, and you do the special action - take a spoonful of chili for example, that will increase your meter for Hype it Up.

so, you get paid to say yes, and the product appears in that home, and if you want to take advantage of the product placement benefits, film there and eat that chili everytime it pops up.

Now, it's not chili. It can be Champagne in Malibu, DinoRocks cereal in Hollywood, and other products for other homes. and the value changes. the Champagne deal pays (I think) 2000$ and 3 Stars. But if you shoot your show in that home, find the 3 energy product task, and hit that everytime it pops up.

Usually there is a pattern, some task that you notice will consistantly make the product task pop up. It's usually 2 or 3 energy, Other people will have all the products, homes, payout and what the task is, but this is the best I can do right now. Hope this helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ladykrystalladykrystal Registered Users 498 Posts
    Hi Product placement.
    • UpChuck Chili (fictitious name) decides they want to advertise on your realty show.
    • Simon calls says they'll pay $1,200 dollars and 2 Stars to have their product on screen in your Malibu home during your show for a week. You say yes or no, if yes - you immediately get paid.

For all intents and purposes, this could be the end of your action. You don't even have to film at that location.
    But.....
    • If you film there, and you do the special action - take a spoonful of chili for example, that will increase your meter for Hype it Up.

so, you get paid to say yes, and the product appears in that home, and if you want to take advantage of the product placement benefits, film there and eat that chili everytime it pops up.

Now, it's not chili. It can be Champagne in Malibu, DinoRocks cereal in Hollywood, and other products for other homes. and the value changes. the Champagne deal pays (I think) 2000$ and 3 Stars. But if you shoot your show in that home, find the 3 energy product task, and hit that everytime it pops up.

Usually there is a pattern, some task that you notice will consistantly make the product task pop up. It's usually 2 or 3 energy, Other people will have all the products, homes, payout and what the task is, but this is the best I can do right now. Hope this helps.

Koko, I totally understand what it all means now. Thank you for the clarification. Your a legend
    *✲゚*(❁´◡`❁) CHANEL OBERLIN (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*
    KKH: A+++ Lister. Level 62.
    Daily iOS KKH player since April '17
    bumping this for easy access.  When it started half a history ago, it was only California homes, now it’s branched out, but the rest is about the same.  Maybe we can bring it up to speed.with locations, and what promo items are where.   My fave......Dino rocks.    That’s Hollywood, right?  ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • livyxlivyx Registered Users, Member 834 Posts
    I just learned that you can do product placements on reality shows, didn’t know about it until now! 😳 I never received a call from Simon and I’m doing reality show gigs constantly, I’m #9. Maybe it’s because I’m doing them in my Bel Air home and only 3-hour gigs? Do you need to do them all across the world and 8-hour gigs or it doesn’t matter? If someone happens to answer me after 4 years this thread was created, you’re an angel. 😆
    iOS player since December 2014 🇫🇷🇵🇱
  • TheBolaTheBola Registered Users, Member 194 Posts
    @livyx 8 hour gigs are the ones that you get product placement calls for. 🤗