Surprise! SHow your Style Starts Today! 09/06/16 !!!

Comments

• Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many points we need to finish the Show Your Style event? Starting to have buyer's remorse on even trying since I only have 31 points and at this rate there is no way I'll finish.

TOTAL OF 185 points and you can do it KaylaJ! ;)
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    after checking my perk points I saw that I'm 20 of them away from completing level 12 and getting 50 stars and since I have 20 if I buy $5 worth then I just have to find a way into 30 more stars so maybe I'll go for the hair??

Wish me luck y'all! I'll be fine without the hair - it's just pixels after all - but I DO want it.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    after checking my perk points I saw that I'm 20 of them away from completing level 12 and getting 50 stars and since I have 20 if I buy $5 worth then I just have to find a way into 30 more stars so maybe I'll go for the hair??

Wish me luck y'all! I'll be fine without the hair - it's just pixels after all - but I DO want it.

Good luck!!!
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Melimda119Melimda119 Registered Users 49 Posts
    So happy that we can just buy certain items instead of randomly choosing boxes!! I bought some NARS makeup (at first I didn't feel comfortable spending 120 kstars on lips) and I'm so excited for later midweek events that may have clothing/hair from throwback events that I really wanted, but couldn't get. As soon as I get another iTunes giftcard, I'm going to rack up on kstars so that I'll be ready when they finally put that curly hair that I really wanted in the shop!
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Good luck to you Andrzej :)
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »

• bonneebonnee Registered Users 6 Posts
    well, i finally bought the facial features that i've been waiting for a good VIP to purchase. it's awesome that they were half off but now that my kstars are under 600 i feel certain this weekend will be a VIP that i'll want all the items for. still, i really like the ability to choose throwback items to buy! good idea, glu! and the required purchase this week was waaaaay better than the sunglasses!
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Hahahah guys, fml. I just got enough points to win the first throw back box, and look what I open:

VzTmSMa.jpg

I already own this dress!! I earned in Christmas '14. Then it suddenly became for sale again in my closet. And now I own it again ... in a throwback box!!! Look at all the hair I could have gotten. Oi vey.
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    That's maddening. I have the same glitch with the dresses they're trying to resell to me. They knew about the glitch hours ago and should have fixed it by now. I feel like I'm only gonna earn one box and if this happens to me, I'm going to lose it.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hahahah guys, fml. I just got enough points to win the first throw back box, and look what I open:

VzTmSMa.jpg

I already own this dress!! I earned in Christmas '14. Then it suddenly became for sale again in my closet. And now I own it again ... in a throwback box!!! Look at all the hair I could have gotten. Oi vey.

That's crazy! You already have the dress but 'won' it again your TB box! Hopefully Kalinda or some other Glu employee sees this and tries to correct it for you. They should also give you a free TB item while they are at it. It's only fair.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    That's crazy! You already have the dress but 'won' it again your TB box! Hopefully Kalinda or some other Glu employee sees this and tries to correct it for you. They should also give you a free TB item while they are at it. It's only fair.

Eggsandbananas reached out to me earlier, so hopefully some kind of resolution is in the works! Glu has been so responsive lately. The customer service has really, really improved in my experience, over the past few months especially.
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    That's maddening. I have the same glitch with the dresses they're trying to resell to me. They knew about the glitch hours ago and should have fixed it by now. I feel like I'm only gonna earn one box and if this happens to me, I'm going to lose it.

Don't lose it! I mean, sometimes it takes time to push through a patch. They have to figure out what's causing the problem (which takes time), and then they have to isolate the problem (which takes time), then write a fix (which takes time), then make sure the fix doesn't mess anything else up, then push the fix. It's only been a few hours since the event has started. Also, eggsandbananas (one of the Glu moderators here) has reached out to me for more information. And Kalinda says they are working on it! I'm bothered by this glitch, but I know it's being worked on, so I can wait it out. You can wait it out too! They'll have a fix eventually.
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I opened my game and:
    PTWuue9.gif

OMG!

I I I just can't express what I'm feeling right now!

I'm dead!

I'll be back when I... I don't know I'm soOOOOOOO shocked that THE hair is finally MINE!

Thank you sooooo much GluGods for doing this exactly the way I asked for it! Today you rule my heart!

M8e4qBU.gif

SOOOOO happy for you, Vatsey :rolleyes:
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Here are my first two TB boxes. Also does anyone know if the green St. Patrick's Day shoes are worth the 80 K stars or should I just wait and win them in a TB box?

Tp3fsRKh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Lena39Lena39 Registered Users 3 Posts

VzTmSMa.jpg

I'm having an issue with this same dress showing up on sale. Other items that I own and are included in throwback are okay - show up with no prices listed. I'm not sure if I should let Glu know - I don't mind waiting, but what if the dress disappears once the sale is over?

I also remember being able to get bonus points for fashion vote events from friends/contacts I invite to assignments, but it doesn't seem to be the case for this one? Or was it the parties?
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Lena39 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with this same dress showing up on sale. Other items that I own and are included in throwback are okay - show up with no prices listed. I'm not sure if I should let Glu know - I don't mind waiting, but what if the dress disappears once the sale is over?

I also remember being able to get bonus points for fashion vote events from friends/contacts I invite to assignments, but it doesn't seem to be the case for this one? Or was it the parties?
    A lot of people have that issue and Glu has already acknowledged it and said they were working on it, so you don't necessarily need to let them know. When they resolve it they'll resolve it for everyone, not just those people that told them there was a glitch.
    However, if the same thing that happened to Max happens to you, then I would contact them.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    OMG Vats, thank you for sharing your naked twerking story! It is safe to say that this day will from now on be known as The Day That Vats Finally Got The Brad Pitt Hair!!

I just got my second box and restrained myself this time by opening just the free boxes... mainly because I was too afraid of opening a box containing something I already owned! That did not happen, thankfully, and I'm happy with my winning!

image_zpsql2raamc.png

image_zpslvxvppoq.png

And I bought the bunny ears hair, loooooove it!!

image_zpsoo9e97lu.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • SassyVoguetteSassyVoguette Registered Users 1,510 Posts
    Charli wrote: »

#freesassyfromsuffering

ahhahahah yes Bilal :D Glu, now it's my turn lol
    Vats has my heart. Forever. 💕

iOS
    07/2014 
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    There are two throwback dresses in my closet "for sale" that I 100% own!! What is going on LMAO. Will I lose them if I don't "buy" them again? I can see I'm not the only one with this issue so I'll refrain from contacting them about it. Hopefully it gets fixed though.

Max - I find the Glu staff on the forums are generally amazing and lovely, but the in-game customer service is dismal. My ticket has been open for over a month. I only hear back from Glu once a week, always on a Monday. Then I send a response and have to wait another whole week to hear from them again. It's ludicrous. The issue has always been about my throwback events (or lack of them) - but a week ago the rep started explaining free videos to me. Like... ?????? It's honestly a complete joke.

In happier news, I really like the event this week and I'm very happy I actually got it.
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
    Aw bugger I just realised I started the event 20 hours after it began!! Yiiiikes... I wonder if I have any shot of reaching the fourth box? D:
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    There are two throwback dresses in my closet "for sale" that I 100% own!! What is going on LMAO. Will I lose them if I don't "buy" them again? I can see I'm not the only one with this issue so I'll refrain from contacting them about it. Hopefully it gets fixed though.
    Max - I find the Glu staff on the forums are generally amazing and lovely, but the in-game customer service is dismal. My ticket has been open for over a month. I only hear back from Glu once a week, always on a Monday. Then I send a response and have to wait another whole week to hear from them again. It's ludicrous. The issue has always been about my throwback events (or lack of them) - but a week ago the rep started explaining free videos to me. Like... ?????? It's honestly a complete joke.

In happier news, I really like the event this week and I'm very happy I actually got it.

wait, in your 'sale' you have prices on the items you own? In all 3 of my games, (at least in the 2 androids) the exact same items appear in each. If I own the item...there is no price under it. Just as in the regular wardrobe if an item is for sale there's a price, if we own it, no price.

Now, maybe we all have the same sale "Menu" and we have the item or we can buy it. If you've got prices for items you already own, that's different.

I thought I had a dress that was showing sale, but I remembered I took shots of my whole wardrobe when I had my update to Havana issues. It wasn't there.

And interesting to note....the black 2015 Christmas gown for 60Stars...I was one box off from winning it as a free box today. Oh well, to buy or not to buy.....that is the question.

I'm sorry the CustomerCare seems to suffer. From experience in the game, Glu gets an issue and it's worked on. The Android Freeze lasted 4 months. And it's very hard for Glu to comment on something they're in the process of fixing. Like, how when you look for something it's always in the last place you look. When it's found, it's found. Till then, it's the search. Same thing here. If they say they're working on it, they are. Be it a sole GluGuru or a panel of them, they're working on it till it's fixed.

We all saw me become morose at times over the Androids, but when they were fixed the wait seemed like a distant past.

What really impressed me with this event, was putting the TBs as the first two prizes. And you got 2 free boxes. This to me seems like the perfect compromise. Am I buying my extra 2 boxes? Of course. But I'm still getting 4. ANd...a balance is met when both groups feel the lost a little.

And Vats Hair. That in itself is huge. more examples of them feeling us, and showing us they appreciate the $$$ time and effort we bring to the table, along with love for the game.

Come in for a hug Wolfie.
    Aw bugger I just realised I started the event 20 hours after it began!! Yiiiikes... I wonder if I have any shot of reaching the fourth box? D:
    You can do it. Hydrate tonight. and have your outfit all ready to go, this way you waste no time. THen we'll all think good thoughts, and start a chant or two.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I have to check a butt load of old pictures. You know the gown with the squirrel shoulders? The game is trying to sell it to me, I know I already had it. :( Ugh.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Koko, that mesh (or lace) type dress from holiday 2014 (I think) has a price and I own it. Other items in the sale that I own do not have prices. I also saw that dress in a throwback box but I didn't choose it. I think that having specific items on sale that some people have already earned was probably a complicated thing to pull off, so we are seeing glitches.
    Yes Koko, there are two dresses I already owned that now have prices underneath it. It's happened to a few people in this thread.

As for you saying Glu is supposedly working on it... they're not lol. I think you missed the part where my customer care rep answered my question with a rote explanation about why free videos aren't working. They're not even reading what I'm writing, let alone answering my questions, let alone working on my issue. I'm done with it.
    Right. I have pictoral confirmation that 2 of my devices had the squirrel trimmed black gown. I am positive I will find a picture of the third device wearing it. That is the most obvious to me, so I'm sorry for not looking earlier, but I saw a event pop up out of nowhere with 2 throwback freebies as the first 2 prizes.....and I lost my mind. I'm wondering if our things will re-appear in our closets when this is over, but now I have to go through so many screenshots and photobooths. I'm going to upload a couple of pictures. brb
    2_Squirrels.jpg

I put 2 pics together, on the left 2 Androids for Vats' On Wednesday We Wear Gothic. ANd the right is AppleP in December, hiding the squirrels with her big hair. Pretty sure I can find a pic in the other Android as well, yet all 3 games are showing the dress for 120 Stars.

Kalinda said she was checking on this so, my fingers are crossed that it all goes back to normal after the sale. But she'll keep us in the loop I'm sure.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU, VATS! And thank you for the twerking naked story! What a laugh! I can't participate because I didn't have the stars to buy the first item and I could buy stars but now it's pretty late in the event so I don't even have a chance at everything. But I'm so so so happy to see everyone getting things they've dreamed of!
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Yes Koko, there are two dresses I already owned that now have prices underneath it. It's happened to a few people in this thread.

As for you saying Glu is supposedly working on it... they're not lol. I think you missed the part where my customer care rep answered my question with a rote explanation about why free videos aren't working. They're not even reading what I'm writing, let alone answering my questions, let alone working on my issue. I'm done with it.

I always feel that way, too. I feel like their messages are automated and I always feel like they didn't read what I sent at all. Sorry for double post.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 399 Posts
    Next time you guys see someone without the pants in the voting window, can you please post a screenshot of it? It'll help us narrow down what's going on if we know what item(s) they're wearing!
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)

No, I read that you got one errant reply, did you reply again? I've seen cases of where they're working on something and then a reply out of left field comes through, but neither one of us is likely to leave it with a wrong reply. I think it's safe to say that in the deeper issues, the people who reply to us aren't the ones working on the issue. Do you have to be a squeaky wheel sometimes, sure. I simply meant, that as you persevere there will eventually be light at the end of the tunnel.

Want to hear something funny, as I was typing the "Glu will keep at it till it's done......" post. I looked up to my header to make sure I wasn't in Hookah. I was too encouraging for that thread, but in all honesty, I was just trying to offer moral support.

I'm the first one to say when I'm wrong..I copped to not paying attention about the items in the sale we already own, but I did read how they answered you about the videos when that isn't your situation. In fact, that was what made me choose to offer a shoulder about the situation. I do hope it's resolved, and I hope you can complete the event.

PS. maybe some other player is scratching their head wondering what the response about your issue is about, when they just wanted to know about videos. It happens.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Unique, Sugar, Andrzej (rooting to you get there too!), Nqueen, Cherrey and Lants <3 thanks for all the love!

Someone asked about how much I waited, well since I posted Brad's pic in the suggestion thread has been 555 days until yesterday lol

No more twerking stories, Koko remember that talk about one side of us Gemini always embarassing the other side? Yep that's exactly what's going one here now! Yesterday I went to a dear friend's b'day and my college friends were there and they started to talk that I don't have a superego I'm pure Id lol

Sorry that some of you are having trouble with the event and items, hope everything back to normal after the event is done and the clothes doesn't go away with it.

So far I won all my rounds, the new hair is giving me massive luck <3

However my gift boxes were a bit meh! Orange shorts and geek glasses.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I have taken a bunch of photobooths, and screenshots with Vatsy with the Good Hair (no, not like Becky) You wear it so well.

I got dresses, a little jewelry....and then....in Apple's 2nd free TB today.....those shoes I was drooling over yesterday, saying I hadn't seen them pop up. Got em! I am so enjoying this event.....First I spent 90 for the pants for 3 games, then I bought a couple of shirts to pair with the pants...(those didn't win. lol 2 shirts 50 Stars each, then each game bought 2 more boxes. I'm really really happy about this, and ....I'm thinking of just buying AppleP the red gown. She's the only one without it.

I'm happy people are enjoying this, abosultely thrilled for Vats and his hair. Tonight I really have to hydrate. I didn't drink enough water last night and got up at 4 instead of 1:30. That set me back. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary