Surprise! SHow your Style Starts Today! 09/06/16 !!!

Comments

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Next time you guys see someone without the pants in the voting window, can you please post a screenshot of it? It'll help us narrow down what's going on if we know what item(s) they're wearing!

Just want to provide some info here. Dolls not showing the voting event pants might not necessary mean that they didn't purchase it to participate. Last voting event, I didn't like that sunglasses at all, so I submitted a couple of looks with other sunnies, just to have some fun. Unless, this is fixed this week and some people are still able to submit looks without the event pants then that's a problem.
    I love the voting event pants this week and have so much fun styling around it. Plus, after seeing this post, I will not even try to play around submitting looks without the event pants. Don't want to be flagged out of the future events!! Again, thank you Glu for listening and changing the event format this week. Special thanks to the Glu moderators on the forum who are working hard to pass messages and solve problems for us. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I just won the blue sparkle tuxedo jacket - were there pants that went with it? Also, wasn't it part of the "nicer" daily gift boxes that we opened around Christmas? I paired it with the blue shorts from a few weeks ago and my doll looks like a Radio City cigarette girl.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Blue tuxedo jacket is just that piece. You have to mix and match. There were no pants that were paired to go with it, I think we just improvised. There were some blue leggings I think? I think I paired them with the Blue Big Bird coat. But congrats, the jacket is a cool piece. Oh, I'm going to go try it with the blue short shorts we got just a week or so ago.......

I saw one vote round with a dress instead of the pants, I'll see if I grabbed it.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Little black handbag Nr. 12

Screenshot_2016-09-07-20-05-05_zpsdvvhj1tj.jpg
    Android
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Screenshot_2016-09-07-11-35-34_zpsyf2beuld.jpg

I don't even use those purses. I am just sad now.
    Android
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I cant find pics of my doll wearing those two dresses which I already own but are now in the 'sale section' for me to purchase... I really hope I don't loose them when the event is over..!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    These are the second two TB boxes I won. I can't count how many times I missed that mermaid dress! So frustrating! But one of these days I'm going to win it along with the Glamm lips.

Tp3fsRKh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    These are the second two TB boxes I won. I can't count how many times I missed that mermaid dress! So frustrating! But one of these days I'm going to win it along with the Glamm lips.

Tp3fsRKh.jpg

I just got this little black dress as my second throwback item, too! I think it's pretty cute.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    I cant find pics of my doll wearing those two dresses which I already own but are now in the 'sale section' for me to purchase... I really hope I don't loose them when the event is over..!

Hey Linda. One of the moderators has been in touch with me today and it seems like this is a widespread problem enough that we'll be able to recover our missing items. I was unlucky and opened a throwback box and got one of mine back, but Glu compensated me 60 kstars for that, so that was really nice of them. I have faith we'll get them back!
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    My boxes:

zNqWUjG.jpg
    I made the mistake of thinking too long about which box to open... I knew that that is never a good idea so I ended up using a rhyme to choose - and then picked a different box from the one it landed on. Had I taken that I would have gotten the light jeans that are on my wish list!

afjMzs2.jpg
    This time around I just picked really quickly. The items are good but not great.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Thank you so much to you, Nai and Koko for calling me on IG!

Seriously I'm out of myself right now!

Thrilled for Vats!!!
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I'm running low on k stars so I only opened my free boxes this time. I have a feeling (just a gut, no real evidence!) that we'll have a VIP this weekend and I'm so worried I won't be able to participate too much!

dwwfHs6.png
    So in this first box I got the pile of pearls, which is a pretty good pick-- different from a lot in my closet. There are some really good things in those other boxes, though!

xUyk2dR.png
    I wish I'd gotten the hot pants! And they were in the same spot in both pallets!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 399 Posts
    Hi everyone!

Just an update on the owned Throwback items situation -- we are still investigating on what's causing this issue, but we can confirm that you will still own the item when the next version of KKH comes out. So don't buy it! If you get it in a Throwback box, take a screenshot of the palette, and send me a PM.

I'll update you all when we get more information.

Thanks!
    eggsandbananas
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
    Thanks so much for this. And thank you Glu for Vats' Hair. And for the Android thaw, and the TB boxes as the first two prizes, and thanks for this surprise event, and most of all thanks for the game that we all love so much. I'm just very positive today.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Thanks so much for this. And thank you Glu for Vats' Hair. And for the Android thaw, and the TB boxes as the first two prizes, and thanks for this surprise event, and most of all thanks for the game that we all love so much. I'm just very positive today.

I agree! I have to say, I think this iteration of the Throwback midweek is my favorite. Earn a couple throwback boxes, earn some exclusive items, buy a few things from a selection... all good! And if we must buy an item to play, please continue to make it clothing, or maybe a great accessory (just NOT sunnies lol). All in all, a wonderful surprise and a great way to spend the week!
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Has anyone completed the event yet? I am going to be tied up all day tomorrow and won't be able to finish. I am trying to figure out what I am going to miss out on...is that a wrap dress or blouse?
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    This is so great to hear, eggsandbananas!! Thank you so much for keeping us informed. I will look forward to getting my dresses back :)
    Hi everyone!

Just an update on the owned Throwback items situation -- we are still investigating on what's causing this issue, but we can confirm that you will still own the item when the next version of KKH comes out. So don't buy it! If you get it in a Throwback box, take a screenshot of the palette, and send me a PM.

I'll update you all when we get more information.

Thanks!
    eggsandbananas
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    It's a dress Chic :)
    Kkhde2000 wrote: »
    2599v1l.jpg Inspiration for the midweek event
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    This is so great to hear, eggsandbananas!! Thank you so much for keeping us informed. I will look forward to getting my dresses back :)

Ah OK..thank you, SugarK!! I am sorry I am going to miss it.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I've been totally happy with Glu lately. I haven't gotten any bucket list hair but I did get the calico kitten purse which I refuse to remove because I love it so much. I've loved the weekend events, too and finally this midweek TB sale just makes me realize Glu does care about its players. I bought a couple of TB items, too. Hope the trend is always like this every midweek.

Glu, thank you very much. I really appreciate it.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Btw, congrats Vats! Omg I'm so happy for you!!! I remember about a year ago praying and hoping you'd somehow get your dream hair. I too, am very satisfied with Glu lately. I'm over the moon about my calico kitten purse. I swear, it's like I stare at my doll for hours with a huge, happy grin on my face.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I hope that everyone had a great time with the Show Your Style event. Here is my doll showing off her looks. The first picture is with the earrings and the middle picture is the look that she use to win the whole event.

L4A0gtRh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    I'm running low on k stars so I only opened my free boxes this time. I have a feeling (just a gut, no real evidence!) that we'll have a VIP this weekend and I'm so worried I won't be able to participate too much!
    I'm on a relaxing weekend as of tomorrow with my husband (and no kids!) so a VIP weekend would really be convenient for me as I will not have time to play much.

Thank you for your comforting words, maxrockatansky!

Thank you for keeping us updated, eggsandbananas, really appreciate it!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I finished the event thanks to a glitch that awarded me like four wins in ten seconds! It's not often that a glitch works in my favour haha.

I posted earlier that there were two throwback items I already owned that were suddenly 'for sale' - well it doesn't matter, I won them back in the throwback boxes (they were the only boxes I got because I bought everything in the last TB sale). So it's all good. :)
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Hope everyone is having a great event!

I'm cutting it close to finishing. I'm assuming the first timer is the time left in the event, and the second timer (when you open 'vote!') is how much longer you have to submit a look? There's about a 30min difference. Very glad that changed this!

I've had to buy my results a couple of times in order to earn the dress, but I really like it, so it is worth it in my eyes!

Not going to lie, I really do not like the pants and am having trouble styling them. I lucked out and won my first few rounds, but have sadly lost the last few. Here is what I consider to be my best outfit from it:

IMG_0932.jpg

I'm also happy with my throwback boxes:

IMG_0930.png

IMG_0931.png
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Voting event is always hard for me, because you can't just work hard to grind. You rely on other's vote and never know how this voting thing is tallied. But this time, I tried a new strategy. In real life, I always like longer hair for girls and shorter hair for men. (Sorry, Vats but I'm really happy for you!) So, I tried to do the opposite way in the game. It seemed to win me more votes. Love the male doll's final prize and love the two throwback boxes in front. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I hope it's a VIP event this weekend! I haven't bought any throwback sale item yet. I'm really hoping to purchase some sale items during a VIP event. Glu, PLEASE!!
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    I finished the event thanks to a glitch that awarded me like four wins in ten seconds! It's not often that a glitch works in my favour haha.

I posted earlier that there were two throwback items I already owned that were suddenly 'for sale' - well it doesn't matter, I won them back in the throwback boxes (they were the only boxes I got because I bought everything in the last TB sale). So it's all good. :)

I want that glitch too:( cant seem to finish
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Glu DID NOT fix it (I was wrong) and now cannot complete the event even despite paying for my results. So upset! Why have a timer that ends beyond when people can participate in the event makes absolutely no sense. PLEASE make the time thing clear so we don't have to waste our time/kstars.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    This seems off topicfor the direction this thread is going in but, does anyone know how I can earn 5 event points. With only 3 hours left in the event I can't submit one more look! I have worked a 1 hour shift at So Chic and no points. My pets aren't helping either. I seriously only need 5 more points to get the dress!
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
    oh no. I can't think of anything, except try all your pets, that will only give 1. I can't think of a thing KokoBelle. :( But isn't it great that Glu made the first 2 prizes the TBs? I got up at 1 a.m, to collect and resubmit, so when I got up at 5 luckily I had won, otherwise I don't know if I would have had time to finish. But yeah, if you can pay to get your results, why not keep the submit window open? Maybe with a warning..."There is not enough time for any looks submitted now, to run for 4 hours. If you want to submit looks, you will have to pay for early results in order to collect the points for that round" I am sorry this happened. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary