Surprise! SHow your Style Starts Today! 09/06/16 !!!

1235Next

Comments

• KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    oh no. I can't think of anything, except try all your pets, that will only give 1. I can't think of a thing KokoBelle. :( But isn't it great that Glu made the first 2 prizes the TBs? I got up at 1 a.m, to collect and resubmit, so when I got up at 5 luckily I had won, otherwise I don't know if I would have had time to finish. But yeah, if you can pay to get your results, why not keep the submit window open? Maybe with a warning..."There is not enough time for any looks submitted now, to run for 4 hours. If you want to submit looks, you will have to pay for early results in order to collect the points for that round" I am sorry this happened. :(

I was thinking the exact same thing! Why can't I just submit one last look!? I just had to go to sleep. Maybe I should've set a timer. I knew I wouldn't wake up in time. Ugh!? And not one of my pets gave me anything! Remember when we could work a shift to get some event points? Why did they stop that? :mad:

I guess I can just be happy about the throwback boxes and the throwback bunny ears I've wanted forever and finally get to own.:cool:

And to add I also already owned that short lace black dress and now they are trying to sell it to me!? Oh Glu...:confused:
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    OMG .. But thanks to those little fellows I made it, they really helped!

sketch-1473345017557_zpsuqckb3lu.png
    Android
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Hi guys!! I'm late to the party (as usual) but I'm so glad I came here to see that Vats finally got his hair!!!! Omg that makes me sooooo happy for you!!! And I love how excited it's made everyone else too!! Woohoo!! You look amazing <3 your naked twerking story made my day too hahaha!!!

I also want to say that I really loved this weeks event! My boxes sucked and I was 15 points away from winning the dress, but the whole event in general is just awesome!! Minus the few glitches haha ;) I really, really hope we get more events like this in the future!! My only suggestion would be to allow us to submit a look up until the end of the timer, even if we have to pay for the results. I forgot that we aren't able to do that and just missed getting the last item. I'm not too upset about it just because of how great everything else was! I hope everyone had a wonderful week, and good luck for this weekend!!

Here are my boxes and how close I was to finishing haha :)
    [IMG][/img]0DCAA78E-AC3A-44B9-804B-B5EC92C31E92.jpg
    [IMG][/img]2957DDF8-EA14-4ABE-8FCB-4427E3325DAE.jpg
    [IMG][/img]6164B0E9-23F3-4E28-882E-9E8F609F7981.jpg

Edit: I didn't even get to see myself in the dress, so I think that lessened the blow of not getting it a little haha. I'm also just happy I got as far as I did.. I'm still suffering from morning, day and night sickness. Bleh!!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • dessinedessine Registered Users 2 Posts
    My event still "getting results" what i do? 😥
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    The only reason I managed to finish was because I was really lucky and won all but one time. Otherwise there is no way I could have completed the event. Glu really needs to work on that. They already reduced the points from last time so that's good. I think if the event had started at the usual time it would have been fair but this way it wasn't really.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts

I also want to say that I really loved this weeks event! My boxes sucked and I was 15 points away from winning the dress, but the whole event in general is just awesome!! Minus the few glitches haha ;) I really, really hope we get more events like this in the future!! My only suggestion would be to allow us to submit a look up until the end of the timer, even if we have to pay for the results. I forgot that we aren't able to do that and just missed getting the last item. I'm not too upset about it just because of how great everything else was! I hope everyone had a wonderful week, and good luck for this weekend!!

Edit: I didn't even get to see myself in the dress, so I think that lessened the blow of not getting it a little haha. I'm also just happy I got as far as I did.. I'm still suffering from morning, day and night sickness. Bleh!!

I really need to look at the bright side. What's nagging at me is that I never thought I would even get the earrings but, thanks to completeing the "admoji" job in Tokyo it brought me so close to winning the dress! It's a HUGE let down to be 5 points away and have 3 hours with zero options (thanks a lot pets :rolleyes:). I'm on an emotional roller coaster with this game which is why I haven't played for the last few weeks.

Tarabella, I haven't been on here in forever. Does this mean your pregnant!? Congratulations!
    And if you aren't pregnant than this is a little awkward...:o

Rumpelstilzchen, you're so lucky! Next time I'll be tapping those pets throughout the event just incase.:cool:
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I opened my game Tues morning and didn't see anything so I didn't know anything was going on until I opened it Wednesday morning... oops! I only just earned the earrings this morning but that's ok.

I LOVE that the first two boxes were the throwbacks. I forgot to do a screen grab for my second box but it was a white dress from the baby update? Not sure but I love it. Here was my first box:

IYWi5H5.png?1

Is that the entire genie outfit in one box? Hair included? Interesting.

I had the hardest time trying to style the pants. There was a tan top that looked decent but I wasn't happy with any of my looks. Even trying to vote was awful. I just don't like them. BUT I paid 30 k-stars for two cute throwback items and earrings which I did not have before so to me that's a success.

I also hope they continue with the throwback discounts. I didn't like any of the featured items that I did not already have this time but I definitely like that feature and hope it continues!
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I just really hope Glu goes back to the drawing board for these events. Despite setting alarms to wake up, winning a decent amount, clicking my pets religiously, etc, I was still ONE point away (when only 4 pets help, it does NOT help) from winning the dress.

I ended up just paying 17 kstars to speed the final time so I could have the dress. I knew I wouldn't finish and the only reason I 'paid to play' the event at all was because I planned on buying those pants anyway.

My TB boxes yielded two interchangeable black and gold purses. No hair or dress in either palette. Idk the whole algorithm at TB sales where we are basically forced to pay 60 kstars a pop for all the accessories we didn't chase before we get quality items just feels like extortion. I will purchase not a one.

Sorry to be negative but this whole TB thing is really bumming me out and souring the game for me.
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    I just really hope Glu goes back to the drawing board for these events. Despite setting alarms to wake up, winning a decent amount, clicking my pets religiously, etc, I was still ONE point away (when only 4 pets help, it does NOT help) from winning the dress.

I ended up just paying 17 kstars to speed the final time so I could have the dress. I knew I wouldn't finish and the only reason I 'paid to play' the event at all was because I planned on buying those pants anyway.

My TB boxes yielded two interchangeable black and gold purses. No hair or dress in either palette. Idk the whole algorithm at TB sales where we are basically forced to pay 60 kstars a pop for all the accessories we didn't chase before we get quality items just feels like extortion. I will purchase not a one.

Sorry to be negative but this whole TB thing is really bumming me out and souring the game for me.

Totally agree.
    The best TB events were months ago. The giftboxes were so awesome! I'm not so excited anymore about the TB giftboxes, because all I get is junk: handbags, handbags handbags. No hair, not St.Patty's dress. Only accessories.

And it turns me completely off that we have to pay 30 kstars to participate! (I did not want to buy the pants)

This event was very stressful to me, I too woke up at 4 am only to submit another look. I can't fall asleep again after that, having trouble with insomnia anyway..
    And if it wasn't for my pets, I don't know if I would have completed it.

Now that they offer some TB items to purchase is great! But 150 for the hair? 80 the shoes? That's a lot of kstars.. Can't afford it.
    As happy as I was about the midweek event at first, in the end I feel kinda empty and sad.
    Android
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Oh Rumplestillzchen and SavageKKH. I'm sorry you guys felt sad over the event. Sometimes you feel better later on, or maybe the next FREE throwback item you get will totally wow you.

I speak from experience, when those 'algorithms' must be generalized. I got the Green St Patty's day dress in a mixed palette with shoes, accessories, dresses ...everything except hair I think. ANd I am far from complete when it comes to TB items. So maybe that pattern holds true generally, but I don't think it allows for the actual 'randomness' that also occurs. You're not wearing what you wanted now, so it doesn't help. But, at the risk of sounding accidentally insensitive, I just wanted to give a little consolation, and hope for a better 'next time'. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    KokoBelle wrote: »
    I really need to look at the bright side. What's nagging at me is that I never thought I would even get the earrings but, thanks to completeing the "admoji" job in Tokyo it brought me so close to winning the dress! It's a HUGE let down to be 5 points away and have 3 hours with zero options (thanks a lot pets :rolleyes:). I'm on an emotional roller coaster with this game which is why I haven't played for the last few weeks.

Tarabella, I haven't been on here in forever. Does this mean your pregnant!? Congratulations!
    And if you aren't pregnant than this is a little awkward...:o

Rumpelstilzchen, you're so lucky! Next time I'll be tapping those pets throughout the event just incase.:cool:

Awww.. That's super frustrating!! I'm sorry :( with time still left, there should be some way to still earn points, even if we have to submit a look and pay to speed up the results! 5 points away is pretty agonizing!! Dang it :(

Yes, I'm pregnant! Hahaha no awkwardness here :p I haven't been on here much either lately.. I've been sick the whole time. Yuck! Thank you!!!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • Crawler25Crawler25 Registered Users 1 Posts
    Just started playing so this was my first event like this. Was a little annoyed when I ended up 3 points short of the jacket with 2-3 hours left to go, though I was more annoyed with myself for going against my gut and submitting a risky choice then I was with the game. Maybe in the future you set it up that continuing to vote can get you a max of 5 points to help out those people who are really close to completion.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I kinda have buyer's remorse. The throwback boxes were fine, but I think had I known there was no way for me to finish and get the dress, I probably wouldn't have even tried. To add on, I won one time which really doesn't help confidence. I don't mind the Show Your Style event as it is different, but the 4 hours waiting and not getting anything when you vote on other players feels doesn't help it.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Thanks Koko for your kind words!
    I know, tomorrow is another day.
    Going to grind for kstars until my hand falls off.. or my phone explodes from overheating.
    Android
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    6451CA54-474A-48F7-A72E-1F67058FC000_zpsjwqtz2i7.png

I can add to the woes of this event. I was happy with my boxes, well one was the two piece white skirt and top which was great, then some uneventful bracelet but I was so sure I would get the dress I paid kstars to hurry things along and the last few hours I was so close I only get ten points for my last outfit submission if I had got twenty I would have won it, plus it wouldn't let me submit another one for any 5 points and no points came out of my pets! So sad!
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    Q0nwgyx.png?1

dFoQqvH.jpg

Vats is feeling a champion and called Jules to the champions' walk!

*Phew* This one was tough! Althought I won most of my rounds, I missed a lot of time between the rounds before submit my looks so if I had lost more rounds I probably wouldn't make it too, so I feel you guys and am sorry that a lot of you couldn't complete the event!:(

Holly, Zoye, Angeline,Tara you girls are so sweet!

Angeline you don't need to be sorry! Everyone has their personal preferences! Despite my hair color and the fact that I can't live without long hair, I have a big crush on men with dark and short hair, but when comes to girls, blondes will always rule my heart!

Once more I want to say thank you so much for doing this very special sale, it was so generous and clever!

Hope we can see more of this in the future, cause I want to congratulate those who also missed a dear item like Sassy and the lips or Cherrey and the shoes and so many other good people that deserves a second chance!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I'm happy to celebrate with you, Vats! My doll hadn't worn the Cookie Monster coat in awhile, so I figured why not? Then I won the Chateau Nuit dress so now she's pretty in burgundy!
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Max Kiki LOVES that little black dress and every throwback she hopes to find it in one of her boxes :D I rooted through all my saved pics to find shots of our 2 lost dresses so I feel better now that I have them for backup in case I need it, but I do have faith they will come back after this sale is over ;)

image_zpsklrggftr.jpeg
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Max Kiki LOVES that little black dress and every throwback she hopes to find it in one of her boxes :D I rooted through all my saved pics to find shots of our 2 lost dresses so I feel better now that I have them for backup in case I need it, but I do have faith they will come back after this sale is over ;)

image_zpsklrggftr.jpeg

Kiki's hair!! Ahhh, so pretty. And I'm sure you'll get this dress. It popped up in so so many of my palettes, but I always clicked on other things until my second throw back box for midweek!

As for our items, I opened one of my missing ones in my first throw back box, so I have that one back (-.-) but eggsandbananas said they hope to restore the missing items during the next update, if I remember correctly! I think we are getting our things back, but I'm glad you have the screenshots, just in case!