Weekend Event ~ 9/9/2016 Mystery Wheel of Events KK:H Weekend

Comments

• maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    hyerilee wrote: »
    Every time I see purple clothes on events, I always remember how Koko would be happy about them:)

I do the same thing, hyerilee!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I love the gift box items - especially the hair! Doubt I will be lucky enough to get it with my free box but *fingers crossed* My luck I'll get the sunglasses. Or $4k. I may just chase it though. I usually don't but the VIP gift boxes seem to be more generous than regular events.
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Kim's pick... seriously the only things I ever spend real life money on lol. The hair is fantastic, the clothes are fantastic... But the hairdo is probably a bit too similar to the one in my avatar for me to spend on it.

Oh well, I'm only missing three houses so I will get some earnables anyways.
    Everything is great! I can't tell on the Shop My Closet photo, but how high up do the boots come? I'll just spend all my money if they are proper thigh high boots (like the ones attached to the little suit outfit offered a long time ago)!

edit;; Also, I love the guy's Ryan Lochte hair.

With the way the boots bend, it looks like they stop just below the knee
    hackers can burn in hell
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    daffodil wrote: »
    Kim's pick... seriously the only things I ever spend real life money on lol. The hair is fantastic, the clothes are fantastic... But the hairdo is probably a bit too similar to the one in my avatar for me to spend on it.

Oh well, I'm only missing three houses so I will get some earnables anyways.

With the way the boots bend, it looks like they stop just below the knee

I feel like you are right, but I am crossing my fingers you are wrong, lol!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    daffodil wrote: »
    But the hairdo is probably a bit too similar to the one in my avatar for me to spend on it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I also have the shaggy T Swift looking hair which has bangs, but is still similar in length and style.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    The mens VIP hair is so cool - I'm instantly reminded of Carlos De Vil's dye job from Descendants - although I *do* wish some of the roots were also visible on the sides.

If things work out for me with the anniversary hair I'll have a shot at it so I can only wish for box luck!!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Not sure any of you remember I threw a b!tch fit last weekend and declared I was quitting lmao

But because Glu (I'm sure it's the moderators here) very sweetly gave Vatsy his Brad Pitt hair, it's hard to quit knowing there's compassion. I swear I regret throwing 900KStars away for nothing. I think it hit me real hard, because I rarely chased anything for Jax and even if he did, he'll still get the item in the end so it's not as bad as last week's hell of a chase. 900KStars is like $70. I could buy a real outfit with that money. Heck I could buy Vats' hair, and do this week's VIP and have extra left. I want a time machine please.
    PM to add
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the usual k star amounts required for VIP event items? I know the first is 15, and the last is usually 500, right? What about the middle two?

I think after 15 is 50/60 I'm not so sure.... Can anyone help me? :confused:
    15 >>> 50 >>> 300 >>> 500
    PM to add
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I've been waiting for months for a VIP event where the clothes are chic. Holding off on buying the ice bar and two pets, maybe some extra Balmain.

I guess I'll continue to sit on my big pile of kstars. This outfit is... At least it's a good push to take a weekend off for me. Maybe when I come back the dresses stolen from me will be back in my closet.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Aww Nai, we've all had our dark moments. I'm glad you came back. ANd yes, I am still thrilled about Vats Hair. In fact, I'm still giddy over getting the twins back accurately. All my friends look so good again. Isn't the format of the new Show Your Style a nice compromise? And, I can't help but think it is very much like the thread you began, How we style.

My Vats Hair is the little ceam furry sweater/jacket/top. Since it popped up a long time ago, I have only seen it in one giftbox palette. And sadly, I didn't get it. But someday that jacket will be mine. Nai, maybe we can start a campaign to bring back the fangs for Halloween this year? Like a Halloween items from seasons past or something. If not, then maybe Santa will bring you a set for Christmas.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »

thank you :o
    Aww Nai, we've all had our dark moments. I'm glad you came back. ANd yes, I am still thrilled about Vats Hair. In fact, I'm still giddy over getting the twins back accurately. All my friends look so good again. Isn't the format of the new Show Your Style a nice compromise? And, I can't help but think it is very much like the thread you began, How we style.

My Vats Hair is the little ceam furry sweater/jacket/top. Since it popped up a long time ago, I have only seen it in one giftbox palette. And sadly, I didn't get it. But someday that jacket will be mine. Nai, maybe we can start a campaign to bring back the fangs for Halloween this year? Like a Halloween items from seasons past or something. If not, then maybe Santa will bring you a set for Christmas.

I'm glad I came back too, because yes, I am still craving for... my fangs. I won the sweater and I love it, but if you have the fangs, wanna trade? If Glu actually missed out those fangs in the throwback boxes, I know I have a chance. But what if........ they just never intend to release it again?!

I never noticed but yeah, the new Show Your Style event is pretty similar to How You Style. Lol I can't believe I abandoned that thread, I'll revive it soon.
    PM to add
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts

Thanks, Nai! And I'm glad you're not going to quit, though I know that was really rough for you last week.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I'm ready to answer your prayers for a VIP event because that's happening this weekend!

09_08_Men_1.png

09_08_Men_2.png

OMG I was holding off from buying the discounted items & throwback items in our closet just in case this weekend was a VIP. I loveee the giftbox hair & I might chase it (if my kstars don't run out first :/)
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    The mens VIP hair is so cool - I'm instantly reminded of Carlos De Vil's dye job from Descendants - although I *do* wish some of the roots were also visible on the sides.

If things work out for me with the anniversary hair I'll have a shot at it so I can only wish for box luck!!

It does look like Carlos's hair!!! I love the guys' items this week :) I really love the girls' giftbox hair, and the clothes are really nice, but idk how I feel about the pants yet. Something looks off about them to me, but I'll have to wait and see how they look on my doll. I'll probably end up chasing that hair haha
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    It does look like Carlos's hair!!! I love the guys' items this week :) I really love the girls' giftbox hair, and the clothes are really nice, but idk how I feel about the pants yet. Something looks off about them to me, but I'll have to wait and see how they look on my doll. I'll probably end up chasing that hair haha

my mother forever complains about the crotch of the pants. of course i'll probably end up getting them cause I'll be chasing that hair for sure.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Finally, real pants!!!!!!!!!!!!. I'm so dang excited :o:o
    I'm ready to answer your prayers for a VIP event because that's happening this weekend!

09_08_Women_2.png
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Nai so happy you are back!!!!!!! And happy to hear you say you'll revive the How You Style thread :D To be completely honest, that's one of the reasons I joined the forums because I was a lurker before and wanted to participate in that thread :o lol
    I'm glad I came back too, because yes, I am still craving for... my fangs. I won the sweater and I love it, but if you have the fangs, wanna trade? If Glu actually missed out those fangs in the throwback boxes, I know I have a chance. But what if........ they just never intend to release it again?!

I never noticed but yeah, the new Show Your Style event is pretty similar to How You Style. Lol I can't believe I abandoned that thread, I'll revive it soon.
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    The only thing I like is the gift box hair! So I'm quite relieved I won't have to spend any kstars but after the weekend and the mid week event I only have like 14 left anyway!

Please glu stop putting beautiful hair in gift boxes! Many thanks
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for the spoilers Kalinda!

I died here when Andrzej said he would like more roots lol roots are a nigthmare for those who have white hair!

Glad you're back Nai! I'll buy a time machine to you, but please don't mess up the things ok?!

Sugar those pants are amazing! Actually all girls' stuff are nice!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Yayy! Thank you, Kalinda! I called it, I had a feeling a VIP was coming. I love the gb hair and am excited about all the items!
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
    I love the cranberry outfit for the guys. It would look great with the dress we got from our SOs when they were bestowing lovely gifts. Thursday nights are the best. Like a little version of excitement over a birthday, or other celebration.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    VIP event's good! But what happened to NYFW, and those banners?

Kim even said on SC that this update is all about fashion week ... So I was expecting something similar to last year.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

Don't worry, Nai. I'm sure you'll be able to get those fangs eventually--you know, within a small selection of throwbacks available for a limited time...for 150 K-stars.
    There you are! You've been missed doll. How are things? How do you like this week's items? Ready for the big wake up for tomorrow Morning? Hydrate Hydrate Hysdrate ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • bonneebonnee Registered Users 6 Posts
    i KNEW that clothing sale meant this weekend would be VIP. luckily i don't like anything, yet again... so i have at least another week to build my k-stars back up.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

I died here when Andrzej said he would like more roots lol roots are a nigthmare for those who have white hair!

LMAO! It makes more sense when you see his why I would want more - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9a/88/ca/9a88ca3d0b397ba8ed341e2768d5da41.jpg

http://66.media.tumblr.com/9ee5a5e1fa48f7cf6e7516bbdecff4c5/tumblr_nulwtbRgXw1tfn9xlo1_500.gif

If I win it - and I hope I do - I want to try my best and pull together an interpretation of a Carlos De Vil costume for halloween, even he as a biracial black person/character is lighter than Andrzej so everyone wish me luck please ;3

Nai, so glad you decided to stay! I think Vats getting to have his hair really became a forum bonding moment. I can't speak for everyone but he was the first person I thought of when I saw it for sale - especially remembering his heartbreak last year - so I'm thrilled to pieces he has it now.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    bonnee wrote: »
    i KNEW that clothing sale meant this weekend would be VIP. luckily i don't like anything, yet again... so i have at least another week to build my k-stars back up.

Haha, loving this!
    There you are! You've been missed doll. How are things? How do you like this week's items? Ready for the big wake up for tomorrow Morning? Hydrate Hydrate Hysdrate ;)

Koko, I know you know I just wrote you an entire book-length post. Will have to pm, but what I deleted that I'm rewriting is, I miss you every day. There's no one else anywhere to call doll. There's no one even worthy of being called doll. Things are...I arrived at my pain management doctors today bent over double in screaming pain and collapsed on the reception desk. I wonder how you're doing, but again pm pm pm. Not too fond of more than half this week's stuff. First time I won't buy a Kim's Pick, Shop My Closet, or Kim's something or other. The hair is cute, but that's it for the bundle and me. Way too many outfits with coats over them, I don't want anymore. The boots, I have to say I dislike the ones I got last week, I really don't want similar in another color. I use the green ankle boots I got with the last update with last week's outfit. A much nicer look I think. The bracelet--never say no to jewelry! Kourtney's outfit is ok, but the gb items, the styles, the colors; it's all a big no, so unappealing. Very, very rare for me, but I won't be opening any gift boxes this weekend. And that's just sad. Yes, water, thank you! See you at 5! <3

Hey! Love you, doll!