Options

Option to transfer data to new phone doesn't show up? (android)

pinkcurrypinkcurry Registered Users 6 Posts
I recently got a new phone because I completely broke the previous one. I want to continue playing the game from the one I've played on my previous phone. I had both my Google account and fb account connected to the game on my previous phone.

I installed the game and signed in to both Google and fb on my current phone but I didn't get an option to restore my old game. I did all tutorials and the option still doesn't show up.

I have sent a customer care ticket to Glu and got a reply, and have done what they told me, but it still doesn't work
What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,114 Posts
    From what I've read it's a 50/50 chance, but Customer Care's instructions should have been what works. You mention Google so, I'm assuming your phone is an android? All I can suggest is that you follow these instructions from Glu, The same instructions are listed again here, in different phrasing.

Finally I would read all through this thread, making sure you look for Android posts. ANd, I think this is my most recent post with Android suggestions. Throughout the past 2 years, I've transfered to new devices a number of times. The instructions have basically been the same each time, except most recently, it was with the new Google Play instructions. When you feel completely comfortable, try to make the switch again. That last link looks like the most clear, and recent. Good luck, my fingers are crossed for you.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Sadly I broke the display of my old device/device 1 so I can't open the game there anymore. I've tried uninstalling and reinstall the game on my current device/device 2 but the pop up box still doesn't show up :(
  • Options
    Ok, that makes it harder. Had you been saving to the google server? I'm grasping at straws, because without the game available on another device I can't think of anything to help. I do know a number of players had trouble, and just kept trying and eventually brought up earlier games. Say you had been level 45, but you bring up a game that saved when you were level 40. I'm not sure exactly where those posts are, they might even be in this thread from around may or a little earlier. I'll try and help you find those posts a little later. I'm sorry this is happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thank you so much, you're so nice! I've read everything on the other thread. I've tried smart switch as well but it wouldn't work because my old phone has less than 500mb storage so it wouldn't connect.

The kkh game is still on my Google play games

I hope it's backed up to the latest game that I played before I broke my phone. But honestly I don't mind to get the game that I played last July because I finally did all 3 comebacks. It's like a part of my life because since it's the only game that I play daily. I feel so empty that I haven't played the game for more than a week :( sorry I just have no friends to tell about this because none of them play the game so they wouldn't understand how I feel right now.
  • Options
    OK if you've got it on Google play games just got to be someway for your new device to pick it up. I'm not at my laptop right now but when I go back upstairs I will see what I can find out. if anyone else has any suggestions please join in. We're trying to save a game. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    OK if you've got it on Google play games just got to be someway for your new device to pick it up. I'm not at my laptop right now but when I go back upstairs I will see what I can find out. if anyone else has any suggestions please join in. We're trying to save a game. ;)

Thank you!! The latest email I got from Glu was they said they can't do anything about it but giving me the k stars that I've bought. I've been trying to close and reopen the app every few hours hoping that the pop up will show eventually. And it still hasn't shown up yet.
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Can you access Google Drive on your new device? It'll show you the date and time when your app data was synced. Unless it's up to date, I believe you won't be able to get your progress back. :(
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Google Drive? and if it's not synced, just sync it? This might be advice for all of us. I just looked on my phone, I don't HAVE an app for Google Drive. If I'm lost maybe pinkcurry is too?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    It's an app, you'll get it on Google Play.

Okay, here's another way. Go to settings > accounts > select Google. Then you'll get this screen:

6W6U1jD.png

When you tap on sync now, it'll back up everything to the servers including your app data. That should trigger it, but it's not reliable in my opinion. The fault is on Google's side, as they keep changing their policies and systems constantly.

I've lost my game once, learned my lesson and now I keep a copy saved to my PC.

ETA: I'm not encouraging anyone to play with your drive and poke settings, you know in case something happens. Everything varies with your device and OS version.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • Options
    Thanks Bilal. I do back up with Samsung Kies. I like having the game on my computer for safe keeping. Now I'm wondering where Facebook comes into this, now that Androids refresh from that connection. I hope PinkCurry can get her game back.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I have Google drive on both my old and new device and the sync is always on. But the pop up still won't show :confused:
  • Options
    And I haven't backed up my phone using kies for years...... When I signed in to Google on this phone for the first time, there were options to restore apps from my old device. But it just downloaded the app without the data of my game.