Test Thread for Images and Videos

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Lenochka wrote: »
    Ok let's try this.
    image.jpg

Edit: it's not working :(

you can't pull in a post or anything other than an image file, and image files end in: ,jpg .gif etc. what you should do, because frankly we don't want to repost tumblr property, you should save the image you want to a free image hosting site: postimg , Photobucket , or any other. Then post the url of the hosted image inside those brackets. Good luck. Can't wait to see it. ;)

ETA: OK this is weird the image that wooden post for you didn't end in.JPG. But when I quoted it it showed up from the post image site it's hosted on. Now the issue is your brackets are in right here's what it should be.

[img*]http://s33.postimg.org/lv4zcm7aj/image.jpg[/img*]
    remove the * signs, and you'll have your picture. You start the word Img with a bracket [
    You end the word [Img with a bracket = img*]. Minus the *sings.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    Ok got it to work.
    Thank you very much Koko! :)
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
    100-party-excited-10nhMCQ0YoOI3C

Trying out gif
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Hi. that's not the good link. Look after the IMG tag. It should start http:// you have it started with // let's try putting the http: in

[IMG]<http://giphy.com/embed/xAu73NvBCNDZC?html5=true&playOnHover=true&quot; width="480" height="206" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen="">[/IMG]

Ok, that didn't work either. but it looks like you just graphed the wrong code. your image code MUST end in .gif .jpg .png

Just the address of the picture. Nothing about embed, fullscreen or anything. I tracked down a giphy for another post a few minutes ago. Let me trace this one, and we'll see where you went wrong. Hang on.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, it was yours I fixed in the update thread. I'll head over to giphy and find out why you're pulling the wrong code. Hang on again. (I'm killing time till the update, if it comes, somebody come over here and tell me? :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok thank you Koko!
    giphy.gif
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Giphy.jpg

Ok, when you use a Giphy image, copy the Download Gif Code - http://i.giphy........etc...... .gif
    That is the only code you either put in the Insert Image Text Box, or you put it between the and tags.

Let me know if this helps. I never work with giphy, but now that I've seen it.....Ooooooh I like it. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yep you been a great help Koko thank you very much!
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Better instructions, In giphy, choose the Advanced tab, that's where I took the picture and the code. Hit the download button, and it will take you to a page with JUST the picture you want. Copy that URL from the Address Bar, and put it between your Img tags.

giphy.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    http://C3FF94D4-4CE2-4C8D-8E1B-209F9AEE78D5.jpeg

Okay, that worked. Let me try again on my other post. I'm glad we have this tester thread :)
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    KKH_Screenshot_1463938840154_zpsivzh9cav.jpg
    Android
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Just a note about Photobucket, and it's important: It's really my fave place for saving my images, and I even found a great, easier way to post the images I make, here. BUT. Since last week--maybe longer than that, I haven't been there in a minute, my page is constantly getting hijacked. Over and over and over again, only being able to upload *rarely* in between. Then if you can upload, when you're trying to get the link, boom--hijacked. So I think it best to stay away from there for a while, especially if you have any worries about the security of your device. And the first hijack kicks you from one to the next to the next....You can't go back to your previous, normal page, and the problem tries to prevent you from plugging in a new url manually as well as sometimes hitting a "favorite" or whatever you try. I also suspect possible phishing. And no way I can even get in touch with them to tell them what's up. If you're a mobile and laptop 500-different-kinds-of-hyper-security maniac like I am, your device should be ok. But just the same, it's most prob best to avoid the site. So be careful out there, dolls, ok? Ok.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Testing

RCXj83S.jpg
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    So am i too new of a member to post images? I tried a couple different ways. At the bottom of the forum it says, "You may not post attachments"
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/7yQJd"><a href="//imgur.com/a/7yQJd">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" ch****t="utf-8"></script>
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    VKxODjN.jpg
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    RE: posting images, does anyone recommend a good picture hosting site (preferably mobile friendly) that's not photobucket? that site has become a lot more spammy lately.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    VidaBoheme wrote: »
    RE: posting images, does anyone recommend a good picture hosting site (preferably mobile friendly) that's not photobucket? that site has become a lot more spammy lately.

imgur!

my one and only :p
    PM to add
    I've started using postimage.org I hate Photobucket. THey're making it very distasteful to use, trying to get us to subscribe. I am sick to death of greedy hands in my pocket everytime I turn around. Bite Me Photobucket. Oh, sorry for the rant. I used to love Photobucket
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I've started using postimage.org I hate Photobucket. THey're making it very distasteful to use, trying to get us to subscribe. I am sick to death of greedy hands in my pocket everytime I turn around. Bite Me Photobucket. Oh, sorry for the rant. I used to love Photobucket

I use postimage.org too and it works!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    I use postimage.org too and it works!

thanks all for the tips! I'll give postimage a shot!
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    KKH_Screenshot_1473996898342.jpg
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Bumping to make it more noticeable for new members. :cool:
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • queenn.daniqueenn.dani Registered Users 347 Posts
    Bumping to make it more noticeable for new members. :cool:

Thank you Koko, I looked beforehand to see if someone had made a post about images but I couldn't find it, this helps me out a lot! Thank you so much :)
    You're welcome. the majority of players detest photobucket. I like postimage.org but I know there are others. Once you have your image link, hit the icon (in the grey text editor box above your message) to the right of the 2 globes (1st links a link, 2nd takes away the link) the framed icon represents an image you want to add. tap that and a box opens up put the link in, hit ok, and you are good to go.

If you're in general discussion and want to share a video, hit the icon next to the image icon, it looks like a 2 frame filmstrip. you can use that for videos like youtube.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    You're welcome. the majority of players detest photobucket. I like postimage.org but I know there are others. Once you have your image link, hit the icon (in the grey text editor box above your message) to the right of the 2 globes (1st links a link, 2nd takes away the link) the framed icon represents an image you want to add. tap that and a box opens up put the link in, hit ok, and you are good to go.

If you're in general discussion and want to share a video, hit the icon next to the image icon, it looks like a 2 frame filmstrip. you can use that for videos like youtube.

It's just the link right, not the direct link
    image1.jpg

Finally! I got it :o