New Game+

VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
Hey all!

I want to ask your opinion about if the game in a future would have a 'New Game+' mode, do you would like to play that mode?

Let me explain. Some games after you finish the 'story mode' give to the players this mode where the players keep ALL of their status,items and achievements, but they can go trough the storyline all over again.

This means we would see our dolls back to So Chic meeting Kim for the 'first' time, but now with an amazing wardrobe, houses, pets, family, cars,jet, fans and so on...

Someone said here in the forum (sorry can't remember who exactly) that he/she took seven months to finish all the storylines back in July of this year and the member started to play in January of 2016!

Keeping all our games' status this means we could have an average of 6 months of replay right now, a bit more for those who doesn't play with intensity.

Since KKH gameplay is pure repetition (tap, tap, tap...grind, grind,grind...comeback,comeback, comeback) and the replay factor is something highly valuated to other games become successful out there, sorry this can't be classified as 'boring', but of course it can have it's odds.

I personally don't know yet if I would jump in if Glu adds a feature like this with the game being just 2 years old. But I do think is nice to revisit from time to time those old games' stories and have a nostalgic session.

Maybe I'm looking too much forward, however I can totally see I'm taking my KKH out from the dust in 20 years (sometimes I like to play those old 90s Snes RPGs, so this is a reality to me) and replaying it. Would be really cool if I could keep Vats around instead of a new character.

So I would like to hear your thoughts on that, are you in or out?
Viva La Vida Á La Vats!

Comments

• SahbdSahbd Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 34 Posts
    It doesn't make sense start over again with all items, houses, pets etc. I think it's boring.
    ≧▽≦
  • ticisssticisss Banned Users 811 Posts
    I'd prefer a "part 2" lol
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I'd totally do it. I don't remember a lot of the early storylines and I also just tapped through a lot of parts because I wanted to advance quicker. Now I could just play them for my enjoyment when I'm bored.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Part of me would love to start over and part of me doesn't. It's why I haven't ever tried to transfer my game even though I'm in desperate need of a new phone lol. I'd love to experience some of the storylines and such from the beginning but at the same time I don't want to lose any of my earned items and k-stars.
  • A.P.TA.P.T Registered Users 64 Posts
    I once restarted mine with the whole comeback thing but I ended up regretting it as it takes longer to level up when u reach the A list
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I would not do a new game mode for the repeating storylines. I play a second game because of the male doll's clothing. That's like earning an entire new wardrobe for me. Thats the reason I'm willing to go through the same storylines.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    It's appealing in theory, but I can only see it truly working if there's an actual end to all this. Most games I play with this feature have a conclusive ending which would make replay from the beginning make sense. Maybe some other iteration of the comeback challenge? It has taken me 1 full year of gameplay to get to 1+++! I would do another round of comebacks if it meant one extra energy and free styles.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks for your insight girls!

It's nice to know what motivates each one of us to play a game. Storylines are always a major point to me.:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Part of me would love to start over and part of me doesn't. It's why I haven't ever tried to transfer my game even though I'm in desperate need of a new phone lol. I'd love to experience some of the storylines and such from the beginning but at the same time I don't want to lose any of my earned items and k-stars.

That was exactly what Vats meant, you get to do the storylines all over but keep everything your doll owns :)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I would start over if I could keep my stuff. I'd go back and laugh at that NPC who asked me for 40 stars to Charm him. I paid, and the JacksonHole took my stars and brushed me off anyway. I think that was the first week or so I was playing, could have been the first day. So yeah, I'd do it again without any rookie mistakes. lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    A.P.T wrote: »
    I once restarted mine with the whole comeback thing but I ended up regretting it as it takes longer to level up when u reach the A list

The comebacks really aren't that bad. It does take forever (and is very frustrating - I agree) however once you finish the last one then you're done. You get the perks of having extra energy in your bar which is really great for events.
    I would not do a new game mode for the repeating storylines. I play a second game because of the male doll's clothing. That's like earning an entire new wardrobe for me. Thats the reason I'm willing to go through the same storylines.

I only have one other device I could play the game on and it's wifi only which unfortunately I wouldn't be able to use at work since the signal often falls into a blackhole, not to mention the places that don't have free access. I would love to have a second game though with a male character, just to get the different perspective :)
    Lii wrote: »
    That was exactly what Vats meant, you get to do the storylines all over but keep everything your doll owns :)

I know, that's why I think it's an interesting idea because right now that's not possible :) I think if given the option though, I'd want a "fresh" game because then it would be challenging again - but keep my old game because I don't want to lose my stuff lol. Maybe be able to play multiple games on the same device? That would be cool.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I won't mind it, I actually enjoyed the storylines when I had to start over. But not before the game completes its 5 year period. Till then, I want more new goals and characters and career choices!
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Once you conquer something you move on to the next mountain, and conquer that too. I would never do it again. I have no nostalgia for it two years in, and I can't see it having the staying power of say, Mario, or even Pokemon. They're timeless; Kim is not. She'll be what, 55 or something in 20 years? And is there the supposition that we'd work in So Chic for chump change again? To me it would be boring, unchallenging, and stale. Now, the Candy Land game; I'd play that again in a snap.
  • A-listerA-lister Registered Users 72 Posts
    Since reality shows have been added, I've been doing as many as I can, so I rather prefer an improvement of the reality shows, maybe some more rewards and some new ways to reach followers. I remember how excited I was the first months I played this game and how interesting was all the attention my doll recieved. I haven't skipped any phrase of the storyline and I remember most of my doll's adventures since now, and I'm sure many of us do. Maybe an event with a small flashback with some important events, for example when my doll first met Kim or when she got married would be a better idea in my opinion.