Updated: Don't uninstall or transfer your game before reading this

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Well, as long as you don't delete the current game you're free to try and bring up the game on the new device. Google is iffy, I think it's a 50/50 chance. But think positive. Just have the game open, walk around tap a few things.....then try the transfer. If the game loads perfectly in the new device then play, and while it's open, you can either wipe and sell the old device, or just keep it. But it's not advised to switch back and forth, you'll probably loose things.

If it doesn't go, then keep playing and saving you game on the old device, and keep trying on the new device. BUT.. if you open the new device's game and it wants you to customize your new doll, that's when I always shut down in fear, close the game on the new device, count to 20 and try to open it again like you always do, if you get a little pop up asking whether you want to load the Stats (listed) on Device A, or Device B.....it's good. Pick the device stats that rep your current level, etc from the working game on your old device. It's usually B, but who knows, so look at the stats, One set will be for the game you started, and shut down when it said customize. That's NOT the one you want.

Do not under any circumstances remove the game from your old device, untill you have it up and running, and you play, shut down, play again (just for good measure) and enjoy your game life on your new Android. Follow the instructions up in FAQ (I also posted them in here a short time ago) and know my fingers are crossed for you.

So, let us know if it works or it doesn't. Deep breaths and good thoughts if that's your nature. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Ah thank you for replying to me koko!! This is all wonderful advice. That relieved some of my anxiety! I need to jump at it with positive thoughts! :) I'm super excited for a new phone but then I have those dang KKH addict thoughts of how awful losing my game would be! I will keep you updated!

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
    You know what I did? I made a cheat sheet. lol. I wrote down all the info from my old phone - email with pw, google account with pw anything I needed, so in the middle of the transfer I didn't have to go scrounging for info. If you want write steps in your own words. the more familiar you are with the instructions, you won't get rattled.......untill it wants you to customize. Expect this and just breathe deeply as you shut it down, before reopening and hoping for the box with a choice of device data to load.

Don't start the transfer if there is anypart of the instructions from Glu isn't clear. I honestly think a lot of the fails we hear about, is because they just missed something. -
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Update for you all! I have SUCCESSFULLY transferred my KKH game to a new android device! It was a long nerve wrecking process the night I did it but it DID work :D There is hope for any android users wanting to switch to a new android device ! I switched from an HTC one m8 to the Samsung galaxy note 7. I switched during the last weekend event and it carried over exactly where I left off on device 1 and I was able to finish the event. I was a happy camper. Now it wasn't the smoothest process for me (my own fault) and I cannot say exactly what ended up working. But I will try and explain everything I did do for anyone who is interested and hopefully should be much smoother for you!

Throughout this process DO NOT uninstall your game on your old device until you are completely transferred over.

Now I thought I had followed glus advice in the FAQs but later found out I may not have. I started from step one and must have read over but not really payed attention to Glus info above step one:
    - Update google play store AND google play games on both devices.
    - make sure your game progress is copied to the servers before you install the game on your new device

(check this through your google drive which I will try to explain a little down)

^^ I skimmed over those steps and had only updated google play store but forgot about google play GAMES. Make sure that is updated.

Next follow glu's steps 1-3.

Now in my opinion BEFORE you install the latest version on your new device go into your GOOGLE DRIVE on your old device (device 1). Click on the 3 horizontal lines and scroll down to your SETTINGS. Click on Manage Backup. It will show a list of all your apps that are backed up to your google drive. Scroll down to find KKH and make sure it is backed up on the most current date/time you played the game.

(^^this was one of my mistakes. My game had an old backup even though I had been currently playing so when I was on my new device it found my game but a way way old version of my game so I had to go figure out how to get my newest game on my new device and figure out why it wasn't backing up anything new-- if you're having this issue click back into google drive settings. Instead of manage backups now click on Backup and reset. Check mark back up my data, make sure the backup account is the correct account and check mark automatic restore. Go back and play KKH some more. Give it time to update. )

Then finally finish glu's steps 4-7 in the FAQs. Hopefully that is all you need to do for a successful transfer.

When I did this the first time I opened up the game on the new device I got the create a new character screen. (this was before I changed my google drive settings on device 1) I immediately closed it, restarted the device and tried again. It took a couple tries I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the game on the NEW device. It finally found my old file. Still not right though. After fixing all that I mentioned above (google drive settings on OLD device) I again uninstalled the game on the NEW device. Samsung now adds a USB connector with their phones. What this does is transfers files from your old device to your new device. I plugged the connector into my new device and connected it through Samsung Smartswitch (app) to transfer KKH over to my new device. You can select exactly which files/apps you want to transfer over. I only transferred KKH. Once the settings in my google drive that I mentioned earlier had been changed and I got the game transferred over through smartswitch -when I opened it on my new device it finally had my current game on my new device. Now if you do the google drive settings beforehand you may not have to do the smartswitch (which may or may not have helped, I think it was all about my google drive settings but its all worth a try. )

My transferring was all trial and error but eventually I got it to work. I know this was a long maybe confusing post but just trying to explain everything I did. Good luck to anyone else transferring androids. It can be done! :D

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    So happy for you Unique!

Thanks for tell us about all your transfer process, I know that will help us a lot in the future.

Now I'm curious how it was with your other games:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    So happy for you Unique!

Thanks for tell us about all your transfer process, I know that will help us a lot in the future.

Now I'm curious how it was with your other games:p

Thanks! I'm ecstatic it worked - I cannot imagine losing all my progress . I do hope it could be helpful to others.

Hahaha ;p Britney was much smoother. Unfortunately have to connect the game to Facebook.

unique123 wrote: »
    Update for you all! I have SUCCESSFULLY transferred my KKH game to a new android device! It was a long nerve wrecking process the night I did it but it DID work :D There is hope for any android users wanting to switch to a new android device ! I switched from an HTC one m8 to the Samsung galaxy note 7. I switched during the last weekend event and it carried over exactly where I left off on device 1 and I was able to finish the event. I was a happy camper. Now it wasn't the smoothest process for me (my own fault) and I cannot say exactly what ended up working. But I will try and explain everything I did do for anyone who is interested and hopefully should be much smoother for you!

Throughout this process DO NOT uninstall your game on your old device until you are completely transferred over.

Now I thought I had followed glus advice in the FAQs but later found out I may not have. I started from step one and must have read over but not really payed attention to Glus info above step one:
    - Update google play store AND google play games on both devices.
    - make sure your game progress is copied to the servers before you install the game on your new device

(check this through your google drive which I will try to explain a little down)

^^ I skimmed over those steps and had only updated google play store but forgot about google play GAMES. Make sure that is updated.

Next follow glu's steps 1-3.

Now in my opinion BEFORE you install the latest version on your new device go into your GOOGLE DRIVE on your old device (device 1). Click on the 3 horizontal lines and scroll down to your SETTINGS. Click on Manage Backup. It will show a list of all your apps that are backed up to your google drive. Scroll down to find KKH and make sure it is backed up on the most current date/time you played the game.

(^^this was one of my mistakes. My game had an old backup even though I had been currently playing so when I was on my new device it found my game but a way way old version of my game so I had to go figure out how to get my newest game on my new device and figure out why it wasn't backing up anything new-- if you're having this issue click back into google drive settings. Instead of manage backups now click on Backup and reset. Check mark back up my data, make sure the backup account is the correct account and check mark automatic restore. Go back and play KKH some more. Give it time to update. )

Then finally finish glu's steps 4-7 in the FAQs. Hopefully that is all you need to do for a successful transfer.

When I did this the first time I opened up the game on the new device I got the create a new character screen. (this was before I changed my google drive settings on device 1) I immediately closed it, restarted the device and tried again. It took a couple tries I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the game on the NEW device. It finally found my old file. Still not right though. After fixing all that I mentioned above (google drive settings on OLD device) I again uninstalled the game on the NEW device. Samsung now adds a USB connector with their phones. What this does is transfers files from your old device to your new device. I plugged the connector into my new device and connected it through Samsung Smartswitch (app) to transfer KKH over to my new device. You can select exactly which files/apps you want to transfer over. I only transferred KKH. Once the settings in my google drive that I mentioned earlier had been changed and I got the game transferred over through smartswitch -when I opened it on my new device it finally had my current game on my new device. Now if you do the google drive settings beforehand you may not have to do the smartswitch (which may or may not have helped, I think it was all about my google drive settings but its all worth a try. )

My transferring was all trial and error but eventually I got it to work. I know this was a long maybe confusing post but just trying to explain everything I did. Good luck to anyone else transferring androids. It can be done! :D

Congratulations. I'm so glad it worked for you. And tell me, when it said customize, you didn't get nervous because you were ready for it, right? That's why I always stress, when it says customize, shut it down, breathe deep and get ready to go in and get your game back. People laugh when I say make a cheat sheet with all the right account info. When you're doing a transfer, you're nervous and you don't need to be worrying about account info. Your success is another reason why I say the process hasn't changed since Fall of 2014 and I really think a good number of unretrieved games are due to user error while attempting the transfer.

But, I don't know if I would have had the strength to keep plugging when the wrong info was coming up. Brava Unique.

And yes a thousand time. Never delete the game on the old device until your new one is up and running, you've played, shut down, reopened. 8 times out of 10, when people are unsuccessful they've already deleted the game before attempting the transfer. Biggest mistake ever.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thanks Koko ! I only felt prepared and ready to go thanks to you!!:D I really needed your pep talk and the forewarnings of the customize screen before I attempted. Making a cheat sheet definitely helped. Yeah I don't think the process has changed because I got a lot of helpful info from posts previously in this thread that dated like you said I think 2014. Haha I had to keep trying when my correct save wasn't showing up. I had spent too much money in the throwback literally the day before and I did not want to loose my items ! I'm ready to keep enjoying KKH on my new beautiful device :D

unique123 wrote: »
    Thanks Koko ! I only felt prepared and ready to go thanks to you!!:D I really needed your pep talk and the forewarnings of the customize screen before I attempted. Making a cheat sheet definitely helped. Yeah I don't think the process has changed because I got a lot of helpful info from posts previously in this thread that dated like you said I think 2014. Haha I had to keep trying when my correct save wasn't showing up. I had spent too much money in the throwback literally the day before and I did not want to loose my items ! I'm ready to keep enjoying KKH on my new beautiful device :D

I'm so glad you got it. I hadn't used my old phone since Feb. But I used the whole 'transfer' process to get my phone updated, and unfrozen, then used the process again to bring it up on my newer phone....and this is the way I finally unfroze one of my androids. So, it's good info. ANd, it's all up there in the FAQ section of the site. Of course, you don't get the peptalk. And....for the first time ever, I didn't freak when the game opened up asking me to customize. I'm giddy. Androids are finally unfrozen.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I'm so glad you got it. I hadn't used my old phone since Feb. But I used the whole 'transfer' process to get my phone updated, and unfrozen, then used the process again to bring it up on my newer phone....and this is the way I finally unfroze one of my androids. So, it's good info. ANd, it's all up there in the FAQ section of the site. Of course, you don't get the peptalk. And....for the first time ever, I didn't freak when the game opened up asking me to customize. I'm giddy. Androids are finally unfrozen.

YAYY!! So happy for you that the android twins are unfrozen!! :D

• CilanCilan Registered Users 298 Posts
    I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to Samsung Galaxy S5, which is Android. So I am having trouble transferring my game. There are different wordings from what I am reading, ranging from it is not possible to transfer currently, to a FAQ on transferring from Glu themselves.

I am following their Android to Android FAQ and it does not make sense to me at all:

https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?p=web&s=transferring-your-game-to-a-new-device&f=transferring-from-one-android-device-to-another

So the FAQ states:

5.) (on device 2) Launch the latest version of the game on your device.

6.) (on device 2) Sign in to Google Play in the game with the same account used on device 1.

However, when I get to the character creation screen, there is NO WHERE for me to sign into my Google Play account. Can someone point me in the right direction? All my other stuff transferred fine (even the Britney game!) and this is the only thing that is left... I really hope to get it working before the weekend event. Thank you so much!
    Hi ! I just recently transferred from android to a another android. It is possible :D I also did it during a weekend event and got my progress over. I posted in this thread here kind of what I did to get it to work:

http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?169138-Updated-Don-t-uninstall-or-transfer-your-game-before-reading-this/page19

Its not the perfect step by step instructions and kind of trial and error but keep trying! And do NOT delete your game on device 1 until it is fully running on your new device!

I know that after I followed a couple steps the next time I opened the game it opened right into my saved game. There was no signing into google play. It had already been signed in if that makes sense. I don't think it will ever give you the option to sign in to your google from the customization screen. When you get the customization screen close out of it completely try some different steps and then go back and open it again on your new device.

Cilan wrote: »
    I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S4 to Samsung Galaxy S5, which is Android. So I am having trouble transferring my game. There are different wordings from what I am reading, ranging from it is not possible to transfer currently, to a FAQ on transferring from Glu themselves.

I am following their Android to Android FAQ and it does not make sense to me at all:

https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/kim-kardashian-hollywood/?p=web&s=transferring-your-game-to-a-new-device&f=transferring-from-one-android-device-to-another

So the FAQ states:

5.) (on device 2) Launch the latest version of the game on your device.

6.) (on device 2) Sign in to Google Play in the game with the same account used on device 1.

However, when I get to the character creation screen, there is NO WHERE for me to sign into my Google Play account. Can someone point me in the right direction? All my other stuff transferred fine (even the Britney game!) and this is the only thing that is left... I really hope to get it working before the weekend event. Thank you so much!

Hi. to sign into Google Play on either your old (Device 1) or new (Device2 ) Device, in the game, on the contact tab on the bottom, there is a green picture of a Game Controller. Tap that green controller, it will open up your acheivements status, on the top right of that screen there are 3 dots. tap that and it says settings. Tap settings

That should take you to a a white screen that says sign out, underneath it says (for me) currently signed in. If you're not signed in, it will let you sign in there. If you are signed in, tap it, and check that you're signed in.

Hope this helps. It's the green Controller, to the right of the VIP tab on our contacts tab. Good luck. ANd hope you understand, about the move. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Slegrande31Slegrande31 Registered Users 21 Posts
    So is there no way to transfer it then? This is all very confusing. :( I play on my phone and I am getting a new phone in a week or so. Would I not be able to transfer my game over? If I can, can someone show me how? I'm not good with this stuff...
    Hi slegrande31, I got your pm, so I know you are iOS. I'll answer here though so maybe it will help others. I have just followed the instructions from FAQs, and they're also posted here a few times, BUT since it's iOS my best advice is to go to Apple.com on your laptop/desktop, then select SUPPORT, then with your choice of ways to contact them chose Chat Now on their Instant Messaging. Explain your situation, and ask them to help you back up to iTunes. Once you are backed up to itunes, you should be able to restore the game from your itunes backup to the new device.

If it were android it would be a whole different conversation, but with Apple products you have the benefit of the Genius Bar type people, who will work with you till it's done. I had a real big problem with my ios game a short while ago, and Apple worked with me till it was resolved.

And, I've found there are different levels of support. If the first person isn't really helping that much, POLITELY tell them this happened with a friend of yours (me lol) and the support person assisted with the back up to itunes, and transfer to the new device. In other words, if the first person can't help, you need to get bumped up to ...hang on let me look up their distinction.....ok, if you get nowhere with the first chat rep, then ask if you can be switched to an "[FONT=&quot]iOS Chat Senior Advisor" who can assist.

But each time I've transfered to a new device, these are the steps I took, and did a few transfers by myself before I stumbled into Apple Support Instant Chat. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

And, rather than pm you this info, and have someone else ask in 2 days, I wanted it here for everyone. And, btw, 95% of the time when I suggest running to Apple Chat, the member has come back and said Apple was great, and Apple got it done. So good luck. please note in our FAQ pages, I posted the basic iOS transfer. When you get there, you can find specific instructions for changing iOS 9 to iOS 9, or iOS 7 or 8 to iOS 9, so look around while you are up there. Get a general understanding of what you have to do, then go to Apple.

Hope this helps, and very nice to meet you. :) [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • yoshimaxyoshimax Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have just joined the forum as I was having difficulties in getting my game from one Android to a new one. After over a week of trying, I finally managed it.

I followed Glu's directions but the game that loaded was about four months old and I didn't want to repeat so much. I then did about seven of Simon's tasks but my game would still not update. I uninstalled and deleted all Glu files on my new phone and reinstalled and it would only let me create a new game. I played the beginning until you are able to click on the friends list and logged in, hoping it would reload my real game. It didn't, it then saved the new game to my Google account! Again I tried doing more of Simon's gigs on my old phone, which is very hard when you have lots of others available.

I contacted Glu and again did what they said, but my account would not update no matter how much I played or waited before reinstalling on the new phone. Every time I tried on my new phone it just loaded from where I left the new game even though I deleted it. I read though this forum and tried all advice given here but it still didn’t work.

I had a light bulb moment the other night and created a new Gmail account, signed out of my normal account, signed in with the new one, did two of Simon’s gigs and went to sleep. Next morning I signed into Google Play Games with my new account, installed the game, and woohoo, my original game loaded. I signed out and logged back in with my original account to keep the achievements.

Sorry for the essay but hopefully it helps others whose accounts will just not update.
    Welcome to the Forum yoshimax. Your input is very valuable, and appreciated. This is great advice. I'm going to make a note of it, and share it with others when all else seems to have failed.

I'm so glad you got your game back. ANd, this was something I never thought of.

Welcome.jpg

Nice to meet you Yoshimax. I hope you stick around and post more. We have a lot of fun. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • morgaine816morgaine816 Registered Users 101 Posts
    I played and then quit but I saved my game to my computer. When I left the game it was possible to restore the game files from the computer to the iPhone. Is that still possible?
  • Slegrande31Slegrande31 Registered Users 21 Posts
    None of it is working. So I think I'll just give up on playing this app. :( Thanks for trying to help me.
    Did you try contacting Apple Support? You mentioned you have an iPhone? Yesterday someone posted a success story with an Android, and I know I always suggest Apple care. They'll walk you through setting up to save in itunes, and I can't sing their praises enough.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    Ok so i have a ipod and the screen cracked so instead if buying a new ipod i got a tablet i have all the shop my closets an kims picks an dont wanna lose them is there any way to transfer the data from ios to android
    I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire
    I'm so sorry Miley's Mommy. At this point, from what I know the game still can not be played cross platform. However, you should submit a ticket to customer care, include the receipts for those purchases, and see if they will restore to your new account. I don't even know if it's possible, but with receipts you have a better chance. : Good luck. Doll.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    First I encountered error code 24 and 11 yesterday with Google Play, Google support did nothing but make it worse which isn't surprising and my only option at this point is to either factory reset my device or get a new one. Also, I cannot install or update apps anymore and I do not have helium on my phone because I just read through this yesterday. I am aware of what the factory reset will do but I noticed the IMEI number is the same as my Hollywood ID so I kept thinking I could still get my game back somehow?? But then again a new game would most likely overwrite what I have now since device A and B was removed back in late 2014.

Now I sent a ticket in AND sent a message to KalindaKing and someone else last night for advice as to what to do. The game is still installed HOWEVER I cannot open it because it force-closes and since it force-closes I cannot complete the steps here. I swear they really need to do the facebook sync because this is extremely frustrating. I surely do not want to purchase a new phone for this game. I have already sent a ticket in and I never got to read the in-game response from Srivasta last night because that is when all of this started.
    Ok, please forgive any stupid questions, I'm going to spitball because I have done game restoration (not by choice) a number of times, including as recently as an Android about 3 weeks ago. What always saved me in these cases, was I was able to grab hold of an old android, wipe it and then try to put the existing game on it as if i'd just gotten a new device. Once the 1st heart attack ended and I saw the current game on an old wiped device, I felt confident to go ahead and try and fix my device.

so, does a family member have an old unused phone, or tablet you can 'borrow and wipe'? Although the difference was I always had the game up on the device that needed help. I've never been locked out when I have tried it. But, it's something to think about, maybe line one up 'in case' you have to try that. If the game came up properly, you'd know it was intact and you could get the new phone or at least wipe the old one.

Try not to do anything permanent till you hear back from Glu. Can you go here, use the Contact US button and submit a ticket online for that rep you names? Tell her you can't access her response, and she'll email it. I am very sorry you're going through this HoodStar. Best of luck to you. I'll keep trying to think of something, but Google really knows how to mess things up. :( And their tech people are awful.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    Ok, please forgive any stupid questions, I'm going to spitball because I have done game restoration (not by choice) a number of times, including as recently as an Android about 3 weeks ago. What always saved me in these cases, was I was able to grab hold of an old android, wipe it and then try to put the existing game on it as if i'd just gotten a new device. Once the 1st heart attack ended and I saw the current game on an old wiped device, I felt confident to go ahead and try and fix my device.

so, does a family member have an old unused phone, or tablet you can 'borrow and wipe'? Although the difference was I always had the game up on the device that needed help. I've never been locked out when I have tried it. But, it's something to think about, maybe line one up 'in case' you have to try that. If the game came up properly, you'd know it was intact and you could get the new phone or at least wipe the old one.

Try not to do anything permanent till you hear back from Glu. Can you go here, use the Contact US button and submit a ticket online for that rep you names? Tell her you can't access her response, and she'll email it. I am very sorry you're going through this HoodStar. Best of luck to you. I'll keep trying to think of something, but Google really knows how to mess things up. :( And their tech people are awful.

I may know of someone who I'll call and see, I could also try someone else when she gets home but both copies of my old device from when I had to start over are broken. I sent the ticket in now I have to wait...again.
    Ok, my fingers are crossed for you, and tbh, I think you love you game like I love mine, and we all have that in common. So, you have to go into this like it's brain surgery and check and double check things.

ETA: Nvmd. I was thinking of a different function that is gone now. Good luck getting the device. Don't rush anything and you might just want to have it incase, but see what customer care says and tell them you have an avail devie if that helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    hoodstar I had a similar issue last year, I wasn't able to update my game and Google Play kept showing different error codes each time I tried to update KKH.

So I download a new version of Google Play through my desktop and pasted that apk in my device and I reinstalled it.

After that I was able to download the update normally. I don't know maybe you could give a try on that too.

Hope things work fine to you!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    If Vats' method doesn't work for you and you want to factory reset, maybe try Samsung Smart Switch.

I actually researched few weeks ago because I was thinking of getting the Samsung Note 7 and I have a phobia of transferring my android game. I plan to detail down the progress if the game transfer works. But right now I don't want a phone bomb so I've put it on hold but when I do get a new phone in future, I'll be using Smart Switch. I recently tried the back up option when I had to do a software update, but never tried the restore function yet since the software update went well. I downloaded the PC version, this doesn't require downloading of any app on your device since you mentioned you can't. The app transfer works only if the game is sync to cloud, which Glu said our game progress are saved to their servers. Would be good if like Koko said, have another device on hand. So transfer everything to the second device, and if your game is intact there, then factory reset your device and transfer everything back.

Of course, the better option would be to hear back from Kalinda and whoever you contacted on Glu's side.
    PM to add
    Samsung Kies, which used to be their backup program has taken a back seat to the new Smart Switch. I used Kies last week, I told myself I'd switch to the new one next time.

The android transfer has never let me down, but it has to be precise. So go over it multiple times so you feel comfortable. Nai, will you have the game available on your old device while you set it up on the new device? If that's the case, breathe a deep breath of relief, because that should lessen the stress tenfold. And, could you please choose a device that doesn't burst into flames? And the Android transfer page was changed 4 days ago, to correct the google+ To Facebool.

good luck, and I'm hoping Hoodstar was/will be good to go too with the transfer.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Nah I'm not making the transfer anytime soon cuz of the Note 7 explosions lmao. Was just giving suggestions to hoodstar.
    PM to add