Show Your Style - London Fashion Week

Comments

• Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Lookin' good Vats and LMAO Koko - nice edit ;3

Meanwhile, I opened my game earlier tonight only to discover that the very event I was avoided I could've participated in as I somehow have the pants (must've won them in a box maybe?). Ah well XD
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I am inspired by NQueen to show some modeling pics of my new pieces. Here's Everly in the earnable top from this event, plus the skirt I won in my first TB box this event. Everly won this white dress in her second TB box.
    FMPXcoQ.jpg?1WSb3iYM.jpg?1

I used the Vienna backdrop for the first one because Maria called tonight with a luxe goal to buy the Vienna castle, so I did! I was just excited about the new photo option. :)
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    I am inspired by NQueen to show some modeling pics of my new pieces. Here's Everly in the earnable top from this event, plus the skirt I won in my first TB box this event. Everly won this white dress in her second TB box.
    FMPXcoQ.jpg?1WSb3iYM.jpg?1

I used the Vienna backdrop for the first one because Maria called tonight with a luxe goal to buy the Vienna castle, so I did! I was just excited about the new photo option. :)

I'm really glad that I inspired you halftime! Everly looks great! I love her black and white dress and hair. I really wish I was able to get that hairstyle in the second pic but hopefully I will be able to get it in a TB box.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    lol. I usually keep the same outfit if it has a winning streak. If it loses twice, it's gone! Usually I have a pretty good idea of what is working and what isn't.

I got the skirt earlier and working on the top. Unfortunately I only have 2 more entries unless I pay. Depending on what my next result is, I may get desperate...and then kick myself this weekend when I need more Kstars ;)

And Vats, you make a beautiful cow! :o

I'm two points away from the top so I'm happy! I set my alarm and woke up during the night to post outfits... the desperation lol. I'm sure you can do it too? It only goes up to 210!

I'm pretty happy overall with the two prizes... I only took a screenshot of the first one (I thought I did the second but apparently not hmm) I guess this Christmas outfit is fine?

2myw93t.png

I made it into a sports look haha

qnuxqa.jpg

And the booties I got

24qondu.jpg

And this is me in the skirt! Yay!

350phn8.png

I also bought the white tied tank top... 70 K-stars was steep AF but it was a piece I've been coveting... hopefully it won't be a VIP weekend...
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I just got my second win with this outfit:

image_2.jpeg

And I got the skirt! :D

image_3.jpeg

I wish I was high enough level for the dancing emote pose but sadly no xD
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    20160922_002735.jpg
    done!

my outfit only lost once! it was fun to see what other people came up with! I won some earrings in my TB box and the dress with the thunder print. the earnable prizes have me so ready for fall weather :)
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    I've won every round so far (surprisingly) with this pretty basic outfit. I'm shocked because I've never won every round, and I honestly don't even think this look is anything special haha. I'm not complaining though since I've been slacking this week. I'm 5 points away from the sweater!
    0697C80D-9C73-46FE-B660-8A03007745B4.jpg

And here's what was in my boxes:

BC04AD4D-2B60-4EF6-A197-447B2028D901.jpg

057E7E1A-2750-4ECE-8E89-D9F0928336BA.jpg

this was pretty much my outfit too lol, I liked how you accessorized tarabella
    VidaBoheme wrote: »

my outfit only lost once! it was fun to see what other people came up with! I won some earrings in my TB box and the dress with the thunder print. the earnable prizes have me so ready for fall weather :)

Haha SAME! I wasn't looking forward to the weather getting colder, but now I'm starting to think of cool outfits to put together xD
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I had an idea for those people who end up being only a few points short from finishing the event. What if there were a voting incentive? So for every 10, 20, 50, or whatever votes you submit, you get an event point. It could be high enough (like 50 votes) or a max cap per day that you'd still have to participate in the event but like pets it would give you an opportunity to get some extra cred. Like this morning, I finished the event but I only needed 4 points. Luckily I had time to send in another look and I got 5 in return but once the 4 hour timer hits you're out of luck and can't submit another one. But if you could vote your butt off to get those extra 4 points...
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    That's a good idea. I was hoping for (and posted somewhere) a thought that there should be a way to get at least 5 extra event points. That's small enough that you can't just 'buy' or 'tap' your way through the event, but if you've done the whole event and had bad luck, 5 points is often the difference in getting a prize.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I was thinking this way it's not a freebie and it ties directly into the event.

Last night I was bored and spent about 5 minutes voting. Maybe it's because the event is winding down but I was seeing the same dolls over and over. Which was ok, because if I didn't vote for them the first time then I would do it the second. But let's be honest: it's boring to vote. I usually only do like 5-10 at a time and then I'm done. But if there were something in it for me, I'd definitely dedicate 5 minutes of my time voting.
    I had an idea for those people who end up being only a few points short from finishing the event. What if there were a voting incentive? So for every 10, 20, 50, or whatever votes you submit, you get an event point. It could be high enough (like 50 votes) or a max cap per day that you'd still have to participate in the event but like pets it would give you an opportunity to get some extra cred. Like this morning, I finished the event but I only needed 4 points. Luckily I had time to send in another look and I got 5 in return but once the 4 hour timer hits you're out of luck and can't submit another one. But if you could vote your butt off to get those extra 4 points...

Yeah I thought about this as well, I think it would be great as an extra incentive to vote.
    Sappho wrote: »
    I just got my second win with this outfit:

image_2.jpeg

And I got the skirt! :D

image_3.jpeg

I wish I was high enough level for the dancing emote pose but sadly no xD

Sappho!!!

I hope this is you cos I just voted for you lol

fkp7ao.png

Me in my new sweater and boots :D

f2r31j.jpg

I wish we had body chains as accessories
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I was thinking this way it's not a freebie and it ties directly into the event.

Last night I was bored and spent about 5 minutes voting. Maybe it's because the event is winding down but I was seeing the same dolls over and over. Which was ok, because if I didn't vote for them the first time then I would do it the second. But let's be honest: it's boring to vote. I usually only do like 5-10 at a time and then I'm done. But if there were something in it for me, I'd definitely dedicate 5 minutes of my time voting.

Totally agree with you.
    This is what we have been asking for since the voting event came out (without the glitch)
    -- giving some event points as an extra incentive when we vote.
    Glu really needs to encourage more players to vote. I asked Kalinda how our results get tallied. She said, you win when you get majority of the votes. This is how I understand: If 10 people see your look and more than 5 people vote for you, then you win. That's fair when there are many players who vote. So I wonder, what if your look gets sent to most people who don't vote? Does that mean within that 4 hours, you could win if your look only gets sent to 1 person who votes and that person happens to vote for you or lose if that very person doesn't like your look? So it's more about luck not about fashion? Just hope that Glu will make this kind of voting events fairer and more enjoyable. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Val_ wrote: »
    Sappho!!!

I hope this is you cos I just voted for you lol

fkp7ao.png

That sure looks like me! Thank you so much for the vote Val! :D
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I want to say congratulations to everyone on the event. Unfortunately I was unable to finish the event on time due to other important things like school and sleep, but that's ok. I'm not really that upset about it. One thing I wanted to ask if anyone knows is does a person who has all the TB items still get the SYS event or not?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    Welp. I usually have a pretty even split between winning and losing, but this time I lost EVERY round except for ONE.

I really really really agree that there should be some sort of voting incentive. They don't have to make it fast/easy to get points by voting, but it would be nice to know you aren't relying solely on the opinions of others.
    Totally agree with you.
    This is what we have been asking for since the voting event came out (without the glitch)
    -- giving some event points as an extra incentive when we vote.
    Glu really needs to encourage more players to vote. I asked Kalinda how our results get tallied. She said, you win when you get most of the votes. This is how I understand: If 10 people see your look and more than 5 people vote for you, then you win. That's fair when there are many players who vote. So I wonder, what if your look gets sent to most people who don't vote? Does that mean within that 4 hours, you could win if your look only gets sent to 1 person who votes and that person happens to vote for you or lose if that very person doesn't like your look? So it's more about luck not about fashion? Just hope that Glu will make this kind of voting events fairer and more enjoyable. :)

I also wonder, when you stop voting and your game stops on two dolls. If you go back later to vote those same dolls are there. Doesn't matter if you come back 2 hours, 4 hours, or 6 hours later. So how does that work if you are voting on old submissions?
    Well, I won again after resubmitting the outfit above, I guess people really liked it lol. Sadly it was not enough to complete the event, but I'm happy with what I got.

I did wonder if there really wasn't an incentive for voting. I mean, yeah, you have to vote a couple of times before it'll let you submit an outfit, but after that there's really no reason to spend a lot of time on it. Well, other than to check out the competition of course. :D
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • KokoBelleKokoBelle Registered Users 73 Posts
    Emcat wrote: »
    Welp. I usually have a pretty even split between winning and losing, but this time I lost EVERY round except for ONE.

I really really really agree that there should be some sort of voting incentive. They don't have to make it fast/easy to get points by voting, but it would be nice to know you aren't relying solely on the opinions of others.

Me too. I was paying stars to complete events early and I wondered if that has anything to do with losing (not getting enough votes). When I didn't pay to get results I won!

And I completely agree that we should get points for voting otherwise what's the point to voting. And what should we do to mitigate the times when we are actively competing in the event and lose?

I was also curious if anyone got event points for completing the Chevier London gigs? I didn't and I rely on those extra gig points for these events because I can't be glued to my iPad every 4 hours or my life.
    Friend me on GC: :KokoBelle:
    Doll name: Coco Cox
    A+++ level 36
    I answered in another thread but the Chevier was a storyline that came with the update and was not related to the event. We do not (or have not yet) received any event points for the show your style events.

Another idea is if they make it so instead of winning a majority of vote within a timeframe, you have to win a certain number of votes to get points. So say the goal is 50 votes. Once 50 people have voted for you, then you get the 10 or 20 or whatever event points.

Or it's just a voting tally. So each vote = one point. Submit one outfit for the event and each time someone votes for your outfit you get an event point.
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Started late as I didn't realise there was an update haha! Oh well I managed to just get the skirt with the skin of my teeth and here's how I styled it after showing you my awful throwback boxes!

1E626C33-FAC4-4BCA-A4D4-9762C0051FFB_zpsipnen1dw.png

6B2A9A07-5171-4A60-8217-8D31440A4310_zpskszkplny.png

787C2FA6-6C3E-454A-A180-B32DE311F33B_zpsao1qk5ia.jpg
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    I'm two points away from the top so I'm happy! I set my alarm and woke up during the night to post outfits... the desperation lol. I'm sure you can do it too? It only goes up to 210!

I'm pretty happy overall with the two prizes... I only took a screenshot of the first one (I thought I did the second but apparently not hmm) I guess this Christmas outfit is fine?

2myw93t.png

I made it into a sports look haha

qnuxqa.jpg

And the booties I got

24qondu.jpg

And this is me in the skirt! Yay!

350phn8.png

I also bought the white tied tank top... 70 K-stars was steep AF but it was a piece I've been coveting... hopefully it won't be a VIP weekend...

My last win was close enough. I knew win or lose + the submit points I'd def get the top, so I decided to give it some time and spent 10 Kstars to get the results, be done, and get some sleep lol

2zg6ccj.jpg

I got the pom purse and the sunglasses in my box

2mnrrsm.jpg
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    I answered in another thread but the Chevier was a storyline that came with the update and was not related to the event. We do not (or have not yet) received any event points for the show your style events.

Another idea is if they make it so instead of winning a majority of vote within a timeframe, you have to win a certain number of votes to get points. So say the goal is 50 votes. Once 50 people have voted for you, then you get the 10 or 20 or whatever event points.

Or it's just a voting tally. So each vote = one point. Submit one outfit for the event and each time someone votes for your outfit you get an event point.

I'm not sure that would work, because does anyone ever get 50 votes? Plus like you said, if you see the same dolls even though you logged in 6 hours later...
    I wonder how many people actually vote. And if your outfit doesn't get voted on at all, does a random number decide if you won or lost?
    So many questions.

@Kayla Yeah I was close to spending K-stars to get the results earlier... glad I didn't in the end! Congrats for completing it :) and you got a doggie bag ahah :P
    Yes it's definitely tricky because who knows how it actually works. I would think you'd at least get 50 votes... there are thousands of people who play the game and I can't imagine at least not getting that many. I really just threw out a number lol. I have no idea. Again, a voting incentive would come in handy.

But the game has to tally votes anyway to determine how many times you were picked vs. not. I just think it would be nicer instead of focusing on if you win or lose with no further details that it would show how many people liked your look and are actively voting on it.
    Yes it's definitely tricky because who knows how it actually works. I would think you'd at least get 50 votes... there are thousands of people who play the game and I can't imagine at least not getting that many. I really just threw out a number lol. I have no idea. Again, a voting incentive would come in handy.

But the game has to tally votes anyway to determine how many times you were picked vs. not. I just think it would be nicer instead of focusing on if you win or lose with no further details that it would show how many people liked your look and are actively voting.

Totally agree! (But not sure if Glu would reveal that :/ )
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I also wonder, when you stop voting and your game stops on two dolls. If you go back later to vote those same dolls are there. Doesn't matter if you come back 2 hours, 4 hours, or 6 hours later. So how does that work if you are voting on old submissions?

I guess in that case, the votes on old submissions won't be counted. When I come across two dolls that give me a hard time to decide who I should vote for (both good or bad to my taste) I stop. Hoping to come back later so my vote won't get tallied. Sometimes, I see the dolls' images on the voting page change fast, I assume those are the old submissions.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    QvJZTVt.jpg
    j7hT7lZ.jpg

No fangs. Not a sight. Not a smell. Wish I didn't spend those extra 60kstars. Feel so sour people are getting the fangs so easily... I asked for it when it was missing since the first throwback.

I'm turning into gollum thinking about the fangs.

rsFLP4d.gif
    PM to add
    Sorry Nai :( From the palettes everyone was posting it really did look like Glu purposely threw in some of the older items. I didn't see a hint of Halloween in mine either.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Sorry Nai :( From the palettes everyone was posting it really did look like Glu purposely threw in some of the older items. I didn't see a hint of Halloween in mine either.

Yeah, it'll probably be in my palettes when I win all the who-knows-how-many accessories and shoes.

I guess I'll learn from Sassy who gave up on her SG lips, maybe edit my own fangs, and be gollum forever.
    PM to add