My game is about to be wiped clean..

MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
Its just really not possible for android to change devices ey. Google+ isn't supported anymore and KKH doesn't do anything with syncing your game to facebook like K&K

When this happens I'm gonna say goodbye because I'll be done with this **** game :( support doesn't do anything for me and FAQ has no answer.

Comments

• A-listerA-lister Registered Users 72 Posts
    Minji wrote: »
    Its just really not possible for android to change devices ey. Google+ isn't supported anymore and KKH doesn't do anything with syncing your game to facebook like K&K

When this happens I'm gonna say goodbye because I'll be done with this **** game :( support doesn't do anything for me and FAQ has no answer.

Try to use an app to transfer data from your old device to your new one. Not sure if I can suggest you which one to use exactly, I'm sorry :(.
    I tried logging in to my new device a month ago via Google+ and it loaded my doll back when she was level 30 (now being level 47). Maybe you are more lucky :).
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I tried helium but for some reason KKH isn't loading or seeing the game files. It just starts at the beginning every time I try to recover my data but nothing.

I can't log into Google+ for some reason, it gives a popup with acount blahblah and immediatelt disappears :(
    Strange. I used Helium too,but everything went fine
    This is so weird. I even have helium pro but its not working. How did you do it exactly? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    Well, I plugged my old phone into the PC with my USB cable, with Helium app open, and then opened the program in my PC so the phone gets recognized. Then, I went into the options in my app and then I choose the option to create a link (I don't remember the name of it exactly, and I can't check myself because my phone must be plugged in my PC and I'm not home right now, I'm really sorry). Then, I inserted the link manually on my PC browser and then a window with a list of all my apps appeared. I choose KKH and then I clicked backup. They asked me to choose a location to save a file called "backup.zip" If I'm not wrong. I choose Desktop so I remember ot easily. Then, I plugged out my old phone and then plugged in my new phone, did the same thing as did before, but this time I dragged the "backup.zip" file in the "drag file here" section instead. I can't remember every exact step, though I'm pretty sure that's all I did.
    If something of what I said is not very clear or if you want to ask me something else, feel free to PM me :D.

P.S.: I didn't use Helium Pro, but the normal one. I hope it's not so much difference between them :).
    So I guess you used helium desktop? I haven't done it via desktop. I backup it up via my phone in internal storage so maybe something is going wrong there. I'll try your method
    Oh, I see.
    Well, I hope my method works.
    Let me know. Good luck :D
    Omg can i like kiss you?!!! It worked!!!!
    Awwie! :D
    I'm glad I could help and I'm so happy for you right now! :D
    Take care of you and your doll :).
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    This is great. I use Samsung Androids and they have Kies for backup to desktop. But, no more than a month ago, I brought up my current game on a device I hadn't used since Feb. Soley through My Google sign in. But ultimately, having everything backed up on your drive is a comforting thought.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    So happy for you Minji!! Happy gaming hun!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • VidaBohemeVidaBoheme Registered Users 229 Posts
    this is great info, I think I will need to bookmark this for future reference.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Yay that's great news! I know it's dumb to get worked up over a game but I've purposely not upgrade my phone for awhile now because I'm terrified of this process.
    If you are keeping your old phone, worse case scenario you continue to play over wifi. But, you can just keep trying and wiping the new device while the game is on the old device. Usually, an error in the procedure is what causes it not to transfer, so you try it again you're better at it, and so on. If you want to try do it while successful transferers are around to try and handhold and give moral support.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    congrats! And this is the Helium app? I'll download it post haste!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
    Maybe I should make a thread about how to save your data. As using helium is the only possible solution to transfer or savekeep your data.

And helium isn't really easy in the beginning and can be confusing for the new ones.
    Hi mini, I'm glad it worked for you, but it is not the only solution. I posted that Samsung has its own program for one thing, and as recently as 2 weeks ago I retrieved a n android game, purely from the sign in settings.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Maybe I should make a thread about how to save your data. As using helium is the only possible solution to transfer or savekeep your data.

And helium isn't really easy in the beginning and can be confusing for the new ones.

Please do it, i'm going to have a new phone soon and i'm kind of scared
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    We can sticky it up in support, but do not say it is the only way because it is not. I have been successfully transferring a number of time since Fall 2014....my methods have not changed once, and each time it was successful. If you're going for factual info, you can't cloud it's authenticity with false claims. ANd be sure to specify the different procedures for non rooted devices.
    Having all the details is important for a successful transfer whether it be simply with the accounts your game is linked to, or through external systems like Samsung Kies, or Helium. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Well I didn't know this samsung Kies existed because I don't have a samsung. I have always had LG so yeah I didn't know of any other method.
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Well I didn't know this samsung Kies existed because I don't have a samsung. I have always had LG so yeah I didn't know of any other method.
    My phone is LG, it's the LG G2 mini and the one i'm going to buy it's the LG G4 stylus lol gotta love LG, i hope i can transfer my game successfully :/
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    You can. I just transfered my data from the LG G3 to the LG G5. If I'm allowed to make a thread to explain it step for step I'll do it. I'll only explain LG as I only know that one, someone who has samsung, huawei etc can add that to that thread.
    Start a thread in Support. List your instructions for using Helium, only the instructions for the non jailbroken devices. Playing on altered devices are against the rules agreed to when we took the game. Then I'll cull through the old Don't transfer your game thread for the current OTHER means. and then we'll be up to date. But you can't say it's the only thing that works

Then I'll replace the old thread on transferring from Android to Android with your instructions, plus Glu's instructions, and recommendations for other programs. Samsung Kies, and Smart Switch are two other file transfer programs that work. I'm not saying Helium is great for this, although you need an additional program for untampered devices, but just like there are multiple image hosting sites, there are other File Transferring apps or programs. Your first step should be to see if your brand device has their own program for this. And my only objection from the start has been the hammering of how Helium is the only thing that will work. :)
    I am ALL for replacing the 2 year old thread that reads differently from update to update. :)
    That other thread has gone from yes, to no to yes again. However, Glu's instructions for transferring the game have been basically the same with minor changes since the game began. And less than 2 weeks ago, it worked for me with no other programs or aids. Plus, we don't know if Helium is a Glu recommended solution, so it has to include the other options. How does that sound? I can't stress enough, that the Glu instructions work. So, if we get the new updated info Starting with your Helium instructions, I'll UN-Sticky the one we have there and put yours in it's place.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I can write instructions for LG non rooted devices and rooted as its the same only with non rooted you need to connect via usb and with rooted that's not needed.

I'll just write instructions for LG in support and people who want to add something to it can like I do not know how Apple/iOS works so someone else should write those instructions.
    Minji, Helium works for other Androids too. It's like a more universal from what I understand. It works for all different brands my only point was not to say it's the only way. This is great info you found I was just fine tuning for accuracy. :) And I wanted to let you know I was going to include it in a new sticky for transferring android games.

My issue was people posting Helium is the only way to transfer androids. Everything else is pofect. ;)
    *smile and a bubble gum snap to accompany the NYC dialect in perfect.

When trying to safeguard our games it's better to have a whole ****nal of tools at our disposal.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary