Why we vote the way we do

The other day I read a post saying I don't vote for bracelets that go over a sleeve.
So I thought why not make a thread of what we do vote for and what makes us not vote for a look

Shoes and Purse - shoes must fit the outfit. A pair of basic shoes that go with the outfit wins over an expensive pair of shoes that are nice, but don't really go belong.

And if you carry a bag it must not clash with the shoes and look. Otherwise less is more. (coming from a certified Purse Freak).

And would the Doll that was the inspiration for this thread please come forward and tell us what else besides the bracelet matters. I specifically made sure there was very little overlap when I dressed my dolls this time And ive done well so thank you.
:cool:
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    One thing I always take into account is whether or not I can tell if the doll is from a newer game. Now that we are accessorizing an item, it probably won't be as obvious, but there are some signs (more kash items used, etc.) I never penalized for the beige birthday dress and "rachel" hairstyle, or a combo of some lower level kash items, when we could submit anything we wanted.
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    The other day I read a post saying I don't vote for bracelets that go over a sleeve.
    So I thought why not make a thread of what we do vote for and what makes us not vote for a look

Shoes and Purse - shoes must fit the outfit. A pair of basic shoes that go with the outfit wins over an expensive pair of shoes that are nice, but don't really go belong.

And if you carry a bag it must not clash with the shoes and look. Otherwise less is more. (coming from a certified Purse Freak).

And would the Doll that was the inspiration for this thread please come forward and tell us what else besides the bracelet matters. I specifically made sure there was very little overlap when I dressed my dolls this time And ive done well so thank you.
    :cool:

Too many accessories/mixing and matching gold and silver is usually a no-go for me (I know a lot of y'all do it- sorry!). But I don't really vote very much, because...there is zero incentive to do so.
    I find that using the more rare hairstyles is a good idea, which makes me sad for newer players.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    When I vote on an outfit I take into account how well put together the outfit is. I don't usually vote for an outfit that looks thrown together and doesn't match unless both outfits are tacky then I chose the least tackier of the two. I also vote for unique styles over the cliche looks I see multiple times. Dolls that have certain hairstyles I don't like would not get a vote from me. For example the short ponytail along with the doll wearing both gold and silver jewelry. Lastly, most of the time I would vote for dolls that look like that they just started playing the game especially now that SYS events give you the chance to win new items. This is so the newbies will have a chance to own more items.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I hate the bracelets over the sleeves... not sure if that was me or not lol. I also hate shoe straps that overlap pants.

I don't vote for dolls that over accessorize or otherwise look like they're trying to hard. I feel like some people slap on multiple things that don't really go together. Even if the other doll is lacking I will still pick that over one that has every accessory imaginable attached. I like a more put together, simple look. Nothing too fussy. Matching jewelry, like trying to pair a chunky bracelet with delicate earrings or necklace looks weird to me. Or casual outfits with crazy fancy shoes.

I try not to discriminate on facial features but I have to admit I do that a little bit. I'm not a fan of the NARS nude open lips so that's always a tough one for me. If the outfits are neck and neck, I will pick the non-nude lips.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Yes! It was you SoundsPretty, and thank you. I really think the bracelet tip helped.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    It goes along with over accessorizing. Just because you can wear a bracelet doesn't mean you should, just like how some necklaces don't work with certain tops.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    If I see a doll I recognize from the forum I always choose them, and I also go through my in-game friends to see what they're wearing in case I see them and then I can give them my vote :) I also look at the items and dolls with more basic items will get my vote because I assume they are newer players (I know I could be wrong about that but i still go with it).

This may be a coincidence, but I have found that if I do some voting my look almost always wins that round. The losing looks for me usually happen when I haven't sent any votes. Not a 100% proven fact, but it's something I've been monitoring for quite a few months and more times than not it holds true for my doll ;)
    That's a good point. I've always wondered that myself because sometimes I'll submit a quick look and not have time to vote and more often than not I lose that round. It would be interesting to test next time.
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    That's an interesting theory SugarK i will test it...
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    That is interesting! I'll see if I can find a relationship as well.

As far as how I vote I typically shy away from cropped tops paired with low waisted bottoms. Those and outfits that have too many accessories tend to not get my vote.

As some others have said I like looks that are a little bit unique but not overstyled, if that makes sense. I'm a fan of color too.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    If I see a doll I recognize from the forum I always choose them, and I also go through my in-game friends to see what they're wearing in case I see them and then I can give them my vote :) I also look at the items and dolls with more basic items will get my vote because I assume they are newer players (I know I could be wrong about that but i still go with it).

This may be a coincidence, but I have found that if I do some voting my look almost always wins that round. The losing looks for me usually happen when I haven't sent any votes. Not a 100% proven fact, but it's something I've been monitoring for quite a few months and more times than not it holds true for my doll ;)

Dude, Sugar, I have been testing this exact same theory myself? I noticed it two events ago, whenever I stopped to vote like, five or ten times, I usually won. When I forgot to vote, or just didn't vote, I'd lose more rounds. But it's subtle enough that sometimes I think I've voted enough times to trigger a win, but I wind up losing a round, so it isn't 100% all the time for me.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Good to know others have noticed this too :) To me it makes sense, participate in the voting and get a benefit from it. I think a lot of us have been asking for this and maybe just didn't realize we already have it. Like I said, doesn't work 100% but it does work most of the time for me :)
    Dude, Sugar, I have been testing this exact same theory myself? I noticed it two events ago, whenever I stopped to vote like, five or ten times, I usually won. When I forgot to vote, or just didn't vote, I'd lose more rounds. But it's subtle enough that sometimes I think I've voted enough times to trigger a win, but I wind up losing a round, so it isn't 100% all the time for me.
  • Lulu01Lulu01 Registered Users 256 Posts
    Honestly, I didn't vote too much this time and won every single round. I didn't have so much tine, so I just submit outfit and turn off the game.
    But last time I vote as much as I could. Even 10-15 minuter per hour and lost every single round.
    I thought as much as you vote there's gigher possibility to win round, but the newest event said it's not like that. At least for my game.

I don't like open lips, so this time I always vote for a doll which has closed mouth. It's like why they can't keep their mouth closed?...
    Also I don't like mixed gold and silver.
    I am not fan of some types of hairstyles, so I am never voting for the doll which is wearing them. Mostly it's the african hairstyles, but definitely not all. And the Willow Pape hairstyle.
    Heavy make-up when doll has totally white skin. I like neutral make-up, not heavy like a mask.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I also look for overlapping. Shoes, necklaces that don't work with the color of a top, bracelets... I don't think it's bad if the bracelet is completely above the sleeve, but if it's half it just looks weird, or if the sleeve underneath is wider than the bracelet.
    The other thing is if the top and bottom don't really work together, for example if the top is supposedly tucked in but it's too short and you can see some skin between top and bottom. I saw that a couple of times with the standard tucked blouse and jeans this event.
    Then it's also just the overall impression, how everything goes together and less is more.

Today I had to decide between an outfit that had a lot of overlapping and an okay outfit and the mullet hairstyle. It was so hard! I didn't want to vote for the overlapping outfit because that person clearly didn't put a lot of effort in, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for the mullet either.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Last night I submitted looks and went to bed. Not one vote, but I won. Other than that I always vote. I like to see what others are wearing I love catching little glitches and good karma. :-)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    I echo what everyone already said, clash of colours, accessories overkill etc. I won't vote for a tacky doll ever, like the one on the left, why oh why?
    1D303A76-C744-4F7D-A14B-926462EA3AE0_zpsxxsilkrl.png
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »

I have noticed no correlation there at all (for me), I have submitted looks during the night, then gone to sleep and when I woke up I found that I won.
    Lulu01 wrote: »
    I am not fan of some types of hairstyles, so I am never voting for the doll which is wearing them. Mostly it's the african hairstyles, but definitely not all. And the Willow Pape hairstyle.
    Heavy make-up when doll has totally white skin. I like neutral make-up, not heavy like a mask.

Wow! Ok... I'm the opposite. If I see a girl with a "cheerleader" basic blonde look, I have 0 interest in voting for them. I'd rather see a more interesting or unusual look that I could imagine on the street in NYC or London than some girl that looks like she fashion inspiration is Cosmo.
    Lii wrote: »

Today I had to decide between an outfit that had a lot of overlapping and an okay outfit and the mullet hairstyle. It was so hard! I didn't want to vote for the overlapping outfit because that person clearly didn't put a lot of effort in, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for the mullet either.

When this happens to me I don't vote at all, haha. I just wait until new outfits show up... If I hate both sides I just can't lol.

Generally I vote for the doll that looks like she put thought into her look, or was going for a particular style/story behind the look. If I can't imagine someone in real life wearing that outfit, it doesn't get my vote. That tends to be my main motivation when choosing one of the looks.
    (I've seen women in real life wear bracelets over sleeves and it doesn't bother me - depending on the rest of the outfit of course)

Boots over jeans are a minefield and unless you're 100% sure, I'd avoid. Like the girl on the right in the screenshot above - who would wear heavy leather boots with ripped jeans and a crop top, ***? Plus those boots are really difficult to style because the black colour doesn't necessarily go with other blacks.

Also, like in real life, some colour clothing just doesn't go with some skin tones. So if I see super pale, pink-tinged-skin girls in bright yellow or red....eeeeeh it can work but most of the time it does not. So it's also about knowing how to play to your strengths.