Updated: Don't uninstall or transfer your game before reading this

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I thought she said she was unable to use a transfer program, I think she mentioned Helium, but maybe the Smart Switch is viable.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Nah I'm not making the transfer anytime soon cuz of the Note 7 explosions lmao. Was just giving suggestions to hoodstar.

Lol the note 7 process was a disaster. That's the phone I went with had it preordered did the hassle of the first switch then had to switch again due to the recall. The second time I used smartswitch and it went through smoothly and perfect. Easiest switch ever. I actually backed up the old phone onto my computer through smartswitch. When I got the new phone all I had to do was plug the new phone into my computer and restore my backup onto the new phone and everything was exactly how my old phone was! I would recommend smartswitch to anyone transferring!

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
    RE: SMART SWITCH : Just talked to Samsung, wanting to check compatibility, I asked about other brand compatibility and She said
    "we can install the app if the android version is above 4.3 but we cannot confirm the data transfer between Non Samsung devices/"

You can try with non Samsung Androids, but I would double check that everything is right. The Data Transfer is where our game files are.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I thought she said she was unable to use a transfer program, I think she mentioned Helium, but maybe the Smart Switch is viable.

She said she couldn't download any app on her device, so Helium is out of the option. So I recommended Smart Switch using the PC version which doesn't require her to.
    unique123 wrote: »
    Lol the note 7 process was a disaster. That's the phone I went with had it preordered did the hassle of the first switch then had to switch again due to the recall. The second time I used smartswitch and it went through smoothly and perfect. Easiest switch ever. I actually backed up the old phone onto my computer through smartswitch. When I got the new phone all I had to do was plug the new phone into my computer and restore my backup onto the new phone and everything was exactly how my old phone was! I would recommend smartswitch to anyone transferring!

Glad you transferred smoothly! Now I'm loving Smart Switch even more. My brother recommended it to me, and he's a tech expert kind of so I have high hopes for it. I also read up a lot of info on it, it'll be my first choice when I change phone. I've also started to regularly back up my phone onto my computer. Now speaking of the Note 7... lol sorry you had to go through that. I heard of airplanes banning the Note 7, it's so hectic. How is it using it?
    PM to add
    No, I got that. But as a sticky I like to insert info to make it more for everyone

Case in point I put what Samsung said, in response to Uniques remark that she was telling everyone to do the smart swtich. So, to find out if it was an android universal compatability I went to the source. You know me, disclaimer Sally. And they said not for all devices, And since this is or started out as a FAQ thread, I just try to point out the info generally so when people come, they read something, then "Oh yeah it might not work for me. If it were a stand alone thread for simply Hoodtars help, I wouldn't be adding all the extraneous info for others. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I see. For extra info, which devices can or cannot transfer are here, it's actually right at the bottom of the link I initially posted. Anyway, guys, anyone who wants to transfer their games should always, and I really mean always, research on your own. Read up a little, FAQs give a lot of info, talk to support if needed. What I also like to do is ask my best friend, Google :cool:
    PM to add
    Nai, that link is wonderful, and your adivice is invaluable. And if you feel I insinuated myself into a topic you had covered, I apologize. But I feel the need to point out, that while your link included in the list of devices that can be transfered are
    Android™ devices from HTC, Sony, LG (Android™ 4.0 or above)
    when I contacted my Samsung Smart Switch chat lady, I specifically asked about non Samsung devices, specifically LG, and Acer. SHe replied Unfortunately No. They can't guarantee DATA transfer... So, for those non Samsung devices, you can transfer picture, music, apps etc....but your game data may not transfer. And the game data is what makes my doll my doll, and your doll your doll. And while I saw Hoodstar post that she was on with google, that meant Android, I didn't see her say it was a Samsung. If I missed that from another post or thread, Ooops, but again, people who read (present tense) about Smart Switch, or are told about it, should just know it's data transfer is not guaranteed, for non Samsung, although other facets will transfer. Might work, might not I guess, so check it as I posted earlier.

And if Hoodstar did say it was Samsung, I'm so sorry and back away with egg on my face. :( However, perhaps the next person will need that info, so It's all good.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    Oh yes I should have specified that when I used smartswitch it was samsung to samsung. Lol yeah aside from the hectic battery issue Nai which should hopefully be resolved now, I absolutely LOVE the note 7. Its a beautiful phone and such an upgrade from my old htc. It runs very smoothly and is my new baby!

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    Nai, that link is wonderful, and your adivice is invaluable. And if you feel I insinuated myself into a topic you had covered, I apologize. But I feel the need to point out, that while your link included in the list of devices that can be transfered are
    Android™ devices from HTC, Sony, LG (Android™ 4.0 or above)
    when I contacted my Samsung Smart Switch chat lady, I specifically asked about non Samsung devices, specifically LG, and Acer. SHe replied Unfortunately No. They can't guarantee DATA transfer... So, for those non Samsung devices, you can transfer picture, music, apps etc....but your game data may not transfer. And the game data is what makes my doll my doll, and your doll your doll. And while I saw Hoodstar post that she was on with google, that meant Android, I didn't see her say it was a Samsung. If I missed that from another post or thread, Ooops, but again, people who read (present tense) about Smart Switch, or are told about it, should just know it's data transfer is not guaranteed, for non Samsung, although other facets will transfer. Might work, might not I guess, so check it as I posted earlier.

And if Hoodstar did say it was Samsung, I'm so sorry and back away with egg on my face. :( However, perhaps the next person will need that info, so It's all good.

kokokokonut I had an HTC desire 610 then and now I have the exact same device. Earlier today I turned off my device to try and run it in safe mode hoping that would stop the constant pop-ups that a certain app has crashed. That only made things worse because from nine in the morning to around almost one or two in the afternoon the device stayed on the startup screen and refused to go to the home screen. After going to three different AT&T stores, I ended up at the only AT&T service/repair in my state and had no choice but to get the replacement phone, the broken device was not allowed to leave the store with me, he said they had to "send it back". On top of that, my old phone died while in the store and when it charged up, it still did not get pass the loading screen, they even tried to do a factory reset. So there is very strong chance my game is gone at this point even though I have the exact same phone and logged back in with the same email. After going through all of this b.s. today before I had to go to work and this past week. I am not in the mood, oh this takes me back to dealing with Lisa. However, I foolishly downloaded the game again, I have not opened it because I KNOW what will appear. However, I logged back into Google on the replacement using the same email and google and google play games is showing Kim Kardashian Hollywood is connected but I know from past experience that does not mean anything. I now have Helium on both my phone and laptop but I still have to wait until probably Tuesday, Wednesday or even next week until I hear back from Glu, Srivasta did not respond, Asim did.
  • samanthayhsamanthayh Registered Users 25 Posts
    Anyone know if the transfer will still work with iphone iOS 10. ?
    There are specific iOS transfer instructions up at the game FAQs, for iOS transfers with different iOS versions, and 10 is included. Go here, and follow whichever set of instructions apply. If you need more help post again and we'll try and help, but please start a new thread. this thread may be revised shortly to contain only instructions and tips, starting new threads below for players needing conversation back and forth.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    hoodstar9 wrote: »

kokokokonut I had an HTC desire 610 then and now I have the exact same device. Earlier today I turned off my device to try and run it in safe mode hoping that would stop the constant pop-ups that a certain app has crashed. That only made things worse because from nine in the morning to around almost one or two in the afternoon the device stayed on the startup screen and refused to go to the home screen. After going to three different AT&T stores, I ended up at the only AT&T service/repair in my state and had no choice but to get the replacement phone, the broken device was not allowed to leave the store with me, he said they had to "send it back". On top of that, my old phone died while in the store and when it charged up, it still did not get pass the loading screen, they even tried to do a factory reset. So there is very strong chance my game is gone at this point even though I have the exact same phone and logged back in with the same email. After going through all of this b.s. today before I had to go to work and this past week. I am not in the mood, oh this takes me back to dealing with Lisa. However, I foolishly downloaded the game again, I have not opened it because I KNOW what will appear. However, I logged back into Google on the replacement using the same email and google and google play games is showing Kim Kardashian Hollywood is connected but I know from past experience that does not mean anything. I now have Helium on both my phone and laptop but I still have to wait until probably Tuesday, Wednesday or even next week until I hear back from Glu, Srivasta did not respond, Asim did.

I can't tell you how sorry I am you're going through the this. I'm going to really send good vibes for your success, but I don't want to provide any more unnecessary info to muddy things up. I'm going to step back and ask Nai or someone else to help with suggestions for you. for the most part my transfers have been snag free, and I havent had to think outside the box. good luck and my fingers are crossed for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    I can't tell you how sorry I am you're going through the this. I'm going to really send good vibes for your success, but I don't want to provide any more unnecessary info to muddy things up. I'm going to step back and ask Nai or someone else to help with suggestions for you. for the most part my transfers have been snag free, and I havent had to think outside the box. good luck and my fingers are crossed for you.

Well I am hoping I hear back from them this week. Not sure whether or not to play so I can at least have her on level 10-11 by Friday so she can do Friday's event or at least try to or just wait for support. No response from Asim or the other two glu people I contacted on here. Last night I resent the ticket through the in-game support seeing that they now have a button for that on the create your star screen.
  • morgaine816morgaine816 Registered Users 101 Posts
    I played and then quit but I saved my game to my computer. When I left the game it was possible to restore the game files from the computer to the iPhone. Is that still possible?
    How did you backup the files? I have backed up in itunes, and saved to my laptop that way. I know that worked in the past, but now with the change to iOS10, the instructions have changed for each particular situation. Have you tried restoring?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I had the actual KKH files backed up. At one point we were able to plug the phone into the computer by USB, have it open to the file tree and replace the KKH files on the phone with the ones on the computer. Does anyone remember that?
    That's how it works when you back up to itunes. Other than that, without jailbreaking an apple product I've never heard of that. itunes is the only legit way I know of doing that. Checking back, you were Android, then switched to iOS last year. Are you thinking about way back when you were Android? Apple has always been proprietary, making it hard to even clear cache from an app.

Anyway, are you trying to set it up so you can back up your current files? Or are you trying to back up from an earlier game? Or is it purely informational?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I was playing again once I was on the Apple phone. How would I restore it from iTunes if it is backed up there?
    The best way to do this properly, and since some devices have iOS 10, I would go with my device, and the i connector cable over to my desktop/laptop. Go to Apple.com and you want support, in the way of Apple Chat. Tell them you want to backup your device using itunes. They'll walk you through it.

Basically, connect your device to your computer, go to itunes, and physically back it up. You can google it, look on youtube, but becaue of the recent iOS upgrade that info might be wrong, and Apple Chat has helped me tremendously. Of the people I suggest Apple Chat to, 96% are happy with the results.

Hope that helps. It's Back Up and Restore using itunes. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ok, Go here https://support.apple.com/ select your device, not itunes. You want to go in through the device, and when you get to that support person, tell them you want to make sure you're set up to Back Up and Restore your files for safeguarding. I just went there to get further 'directions' for you, but it wants me to give them details about what help I need, so your best bet is to just navigate around till you get to contact them, or get suppport, and then choose chat. I do that, because you can scroll up to follow their instructions precisely, whereas if they called you back, or you call them, words are gone as soon as they're uttered, typing sticks around.

I last went to them for help about a month ago, so I'm not sure if anything has changed with the iOS update, but basically, you want to chat with them. Good luck and let us know if this works for you.

ETA: I went in a little further and got to this screen

Apple_Support.jpg

This is the gateway. I'd choose chat, and tell them you want to back up via itunes. Tell them a rep helped your friend set it up on hers, can they help you too?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    But how do I know if the old device backed up to iTunes?
    You will see it iTunes if you've backed up. My rep was still in chat with me, she told me how to look. It will be there or it won't. fingers crossed you find it.
    ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Apple support told me there was no way to restore just one file from iTunes. I would have to restore an entire phone backup. That's different than what they told you?
    Did they help set you up to backup and restore from iTunes? You can't select just one part if the file/app but when you're in that view, you select which apps to back up and or restore. So you can select kkh, and not select kkh, but you take the whole app or none of it. If that response from them deterred you from getting set up, I would have said "ok, well let's hook me up anyway."
    If you are not trying to restore your game, what am I missing? IOS doesn't let you take apart the game unless your device is jail broken and that could cause problems in the game. And if you're jail broken, and Apple determines that, then they won't help you.

In iTunes on my laptop, when you get to the backup or restore page, each app is listed, and you can select which to back up, restore or remove. If this changed with v10, you'd have to ask about that. I wish I had an exact phrase to get them to hear you. Aah. Tell them
    'I need a senior Chat advisor to walk me through setting up my laptop to backup and restore CERTAIN apps from my phone. I'm very technically challenged, but I love apple because of Apple support." Try that.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I wanted to paste the screenshot of the conversation into here but it seems to only allow pics from websites but here is the main relevant part:

Apple: No in iTunes backups there is no way to see what has been backed up. However, you can check through this link, About backups for iOS devices. You can check what iTunes backs up.

Me: Can you restore just the data of one app without restoring the whole phone data?

Apple: No you will restore the whole backup

I did look at that webpage and it did not tell me much of anything either.
    At this point, I suggest you submit a ticket to customer care. I've asked a few times, what specifically are you trying to do? When my ipad is connected to itunes through my laptop, I can select to back up KK:H, and NOT back up Britney Spears AD. I did this 6 weeks ago. Have you put itunes on your computer? Have you connected your device to your itunes account on your computer? You can see what apps you have, and you can specify what you want to back up and what you don't.

Did you ask for the senior level chat advisor? That's who I've dealt with, and they are the ones who hooked me up and resolved my issues. I dug up an email, and that is the title, I think if you are firm that you need that level of support, you will get to someone who is more interested in helping. And again......

My knowledge and info might not be accurate for iOS 10. I have not updated yet, So I don't know what has changed. But with iOS 9, you most certainly can connect to itunes through your computer, and choose which apps you want to back up. If I'm explaining this poorly, and someone else can help talk Morgaine through backing up her game to itunes, your help is very welcome. And thank you. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I finally was able to get it open and find the apps but I don't have a backup so I am stuck with this game. So I guess I just need to beg for friends and hope for some gifts to get a bit back where I was and then just work my way back up the ranks. Thanks for all of your help and I'm sorry if I was frustrating.
    No, not at all. I was frustrated because I wanted to just do it all for you. lol. I have to update my iTunes, so I can update to v10 iOS, otherwise I would have been in giving you all kinds of screenshots. But....now you know how to back up to itunes, and it is the best insurance you can get.

Also, do you have a copy of your Hollywood game ID # in a safe place? If you ever need help and your game is crashing, if Glu has to get into your game to assess and figure out a fix, that number is the key. Good luck and I bet you'll be back up to your previous glory in no time. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DarktracyDarktracy Registered Users 26 Posts
    Is there another was to transfer your game to another device? With the 5.6 update, I can't do the update to it because my phone doesn't support the 5.6 version and I was looking forward to it to... I also wanted a transfer since it takes too much space on my phone...
    Kim Kardashian: Hollywood
    Kendall & Kylie
    Nicki Minaj: The Empire

iOS GameCenter ID: Anonymous :p
    "Britney Spears: American Dream" Star ID: RGX6QJG5
    K&K Krew: EternalFreedom
    Nicki Minaj Game Glu Star ID: JR9DDZ5G

Notes:
    Stopped updating Kim Kardashian: Hollywood since phone wont support 5.6update, quitting when it stops letting me play5.5game, game transferring not working so cant change devices to continue with new updates, cant do events or get new stuff
    You can transfer from iOS (Apple) to iOS, or android to android, but you can't transfer across to a different platform. There are updated directions in the game FAQs. Hope this helps.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary