Options

Weekend Event 10/7/2016 - Another Weekend, Another Event, all kinds of Wonderful.

Comments

• Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. I'm finishing the Kimmie's and will post them here. First up,
    Jax and Xan. I put them together, and have them singly.

Look at the double awards up there for those two. Congratulations Jax, congratulations Xan you both look wonderful

Kimmie_Jaxn_Xan.gif

Kimmie_Jax.gif
    Kimmie_Xan.gif

and A-Lister accepted an award for best New Face on the Reality Show landscape. :) Congratulations doll.

Kimmie_ALister2.gif
    Thanks for waiting guys, and I'm going all over that thread to make sure I get everyone I havent yet. (If i missed you, post here, and I'll do those next.......in between grinding. :) )
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    4jvvok.jpg

Could be worse I guess...
    Look at all those awful basic items!!! TWO of those ugly jumpsuits plus the swimwear ugh. And those shoes. Just no.

2gsmyky.jpg
  • Options
    A-listerA-lister Registered Users 72 Posts

and A-Lister accepted an award for best New Face on the Reality Show landscape. :) Congratulations doll.

Kimmie_ALister2.gif
    Thanks for waiting guys, and I'm going all over that thread to make sure I get everyone I havent yet.
    Aw, thanks koko!
    My doll is honored :D

Look at the double awards up there for those two. Congratulations Jax, congratulations Xan you both look wonderful

Kimmie_Jaxn_Xan.gif
    Lookin' stunning!
    I like Xan's hair, she looks really good! :D
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    So what's the best tactic for an event like this? What kind and size of gig should I be doing?
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    I put the hair on my doll in case it just has to grow on me. I kinda want to like and its almost how I wear my hair Irl so I feel like I should like it... but there is just something about it that bugs me.

I don't get why there's a ripple on the flat side. Is it supposed to be pinned down? And the other side of the hair looks like it's in the process of being wind blown. Idk, I think it's the flat side that bothers me.
  • Options
    LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    So what's the best tactic for an event like this? What kind and size of gig should I be doing?

I prefer doing 3hour reality shows in Calabasas, I can normally do 3 with 46 energy, maybe I need a bit of extra tapping though. I always do the weekend tasks as well as they pay so many event points.
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • Options
    Lia wrote: »
    I prefer doing 3hour reality shows in Calabasas, I can normally do 3 with 46 energy, maybe I need a bit of extra tapping though. I always do the weekend tasks as well as they pay so many event points.

As Lia said 3 hour Calabasas is the best for these events. Invite 4 NPC acting contacts and those will give you most of your stars. Then you'll need to find either a 4 energy action or a 2 and 1 action together (it's best if you can find a 1 and 1 action but it's rare) and that will complete the show! 12 event points plus if you have any event items those will add points
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Why do we have an extra day? Am I missing something?
    Zgs7LWk.png?1

Got this Kim's pick in my free box, it's a nice piece, but I'm seeing this piece in the wardrobe since 2014 so althought it's 'new' already feels old. Does that make sense? Not a complain, just a thought. I'm happy been a while from the last time a got a bad prize, TBH I can't remember when was the last time. Hope this wave of luck doesn't end when I get to the second box!:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    As Lia said 3 hour Calabasas is the best for these events. Invite 4 NPC acting contacts and those will give you most of your stars. Then you'll need to find either a 4 energy action or a 2 and 1 action together (it's best if you can find a 1 and 1 action but it's rare) and that will complete the show! 12 event points plus if you have any event items those will add points
    Ah, sadly I don't have the Calabasas home. I do have Miami where I can fit 4 people into but I can't film there.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Val_ wrote: »

Could be worse I guess...
    Look at all those awful basic items!!! TWO of those ugly jumpsuits plus the swimwear ugh. And those shoes. Just no.

Wow, at least you get basic items. My GB palettes had 3 bonus items, and 5 cash, energy and bonus points- and that was the best one. lol. Apple P, got three of the luckiest picks she ever made Got the hair, the dress and the boots, and when the other things were revealed...4000, 50 Energy, 30 Bonus points. Those made up the other 5 boxes.
    But yeah, when you're looking for event bonus items......basic just doesn't cut it. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ah, sadly I don't have the Calabasas home. I do have Miami where I can fit 4 people into but I can't film there.

what is the biggest house guest wise you own that you can film in? If you haven't done SCL in a while, you can grab the quick 1hour photoshoot and do that once for a quick one. (I wonder why we can't film in Miami?)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I opened a few boxes this morning and made out with everything but the dress. My doll is wearing the hair and I am not sure about it. I also found more than one 40 kstar prize so I had a few do-overs. I may open a few more to chase some energy since I like winning that on gig weekends. Thanks for the extra day, Glu!
  • Options
    what is the biggest house guest wise you own that you can film in? If you haven't done SCL in a while, you can grab the quick 1hour photoshoot and do that once for a quick one. (I wonder why we can't film in Miami?)
    The only houses I can film in are the Hollywood and the downtown one and they only hold one guest each. I am poor. XD And what's SCL?
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    The only houses I can film in are the Hollywood and the downtown one and they only hold one guest each. I am poor. XD And what's SCL?

I would do a 3 hour regular gig (if available) and a 3 hour reality show in the homes you do have and compare the energy it takes to do each. And as soon as you are able invest in Calabasas. It's really great for parties and reality shows.
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Guys, I opened so much energy, I finished the event already. How is that even possible?? I mean, I know how it is possible because my box sets were complete and utter rubbish. I can't complain about the items not being in there, though. They were. I just kept picking energy, energy, thirty event points, energy. Ah well. Now I can grind on Sloane a bit. I'll upload my pics in a few. Also please don't ban me for cheating because I hella didn't cheat, I just wasted sooooo many k-stars on 50 energy.
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I got the shoes in my free box, so I'm really happy. It's nice that we have an extra day. I'm not too crazy about anything expect the dress, but I'm not going to spend stars on it.
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I know why I don't like the hair and I'm going to say it, but it will probably make you all unable to unsee it after I say it.

The front flap looks like a 'There's Something About Mary moment'. Also the part in it is too far back, making it look like she has a patch of hair loss.

Also not digging the earnable top cuz it looks like a Kmart blazer to me. I'm grinding away anyway because I'm closing in on the reality show top spots.
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Kkhde2000 wrote: »
    Kalinda?Do u knows what's with them orange dress from the flats banner?Because last midweek event was the inspiration from this dress just with a Jacket and another orange colour.Hopefully we'll get both dresses, without and with jacket❤️And please the Kim braids from the banner too

The flats banner you mentioned was sort of a teaser for some items, like the hair and dress. They're coming to the game soon!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Hey Kalinda, can you tell us why the guys have been receiving 2 gift box as earnable? Is this going to be a permanent thing?
    PM to add
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Hey I just realized we actually have an extra day for this event!

GtbbP2T.gif

Monday is Columbus Day.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    How do we film reality shows now? The guy isn't in Hollywood for me anymore.
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • Options
    Guys, I opened so much energy, I finished the event already. How is that even possible?? I mean, I know how it is possible because my box sets were complete and utter rubbish. I can't complain about the items not being in there, though. They were. I just kept picking energy, energy, thirty event points, energy. Ah well. Now I can grind on Sloane a bit. I'll upload my pics in a few. Also please don't ban me for cheating because I hella didn't cheat, I just wasted sooooo many k-stars on 50 energy.

Doll, didn't you get a 'get out of jail card' when I tossed you in the pokey by mistake that time? All kidding aside, you know we know you don't cheat.

Oh, here's a tip...don't pick boxes standing up doing something. I did that withe the Androids while I was making coffee, awful awful picks but the clothes were there, as you said Max. Then I took the iPad over to the den, sat down and just let my fingers do the walking. Hair, dress, boots. calm is better than rushed anytime. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    I know why I don't like the hair and I'm going to say it, but it will probably make you all unable to unsee it after I say it.

The front flap looks like a 'There's Something About Mary moment'. Also the part in it is too far back, making it look like she has a patch of hair loss.

Also not digging the earnable top cuz it looks like a Kmart blazer to me. I'm grinding away anyway because I'm closing in on the reality show top spots.

The hair, so agree with you...and the top, yes. I'm going to stop at the skirt and top, I don't want them.
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    The hair, so agree with you...and the top, yes. I'm going to stop at the skirt and top, I don't want them.

I'm only getting them because I will be playing to climb the reality show ladder. But I'd also hate to receive them in a throwback box some day, so I'll knock all the items out this weekend.
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

Mad Max, why would you even think anyone would say you were cheating? You're always such a sweetheart, and fun and nice, and everybody here knows you. I opened 6 boxes--stupid bc there's a crucifix again, twice in two months? That's just wrong to put religious items in gb's. I got the one last month--it's an adorable necklace, really nice, but I'm Jewish so....I was very unhappy I opened those gb's--I did get two great items then, besides, that I really liked so much, but still, it's not fair to do that; at its very heart it's mean and unkind to others, and thoughtless. (see more, below) Not everyone's a Christian, you know? And that time, especially since it came right on the heels of my mentioning about religious pieces just two weeks before that. The original outfit as worn had no such necklace. Funny how it appeared just that two weeks after I had mentioned I was glad a cross was sold in the kloset for people who would like one, and that I would love to see a non-religious necklace that had a few chains to it as well. Spite? Coincidence? Sorry, I'm betting on spite. I'm actually sad now, that people would be so mean-spirited just so immediately after I said something. Sure, the bulk of stuff is prepared some time in advance; but I'll bet a whole lot that it was intentional and mean-spirited. I also feel it was intentional because I had brought up a fact that no one else realized--a weekday event included as an earnable a bead necklace in Pan-African colors, which I said I noticed, I thought was very cool because it added cultural significance, which we need more of in this day and age, and I also gave a little history behind it so everyone could know more behind the importance of African-American, as well as Rastafarian and more, heritage. Only Vida replied, and she was also forward-thinking about multiculturalism, but thought people wouldn't be accepting of it. And she was right. Maybe in the next lifetime.

Ok now, FOUR of my six boxes had 50 points energy each, the other two had kash. (I'm way far from finishing tho.) This is so not cool. What a waste of stars. Why did I even?? I don't care so much for the gb things; but I like to get them for the added event points. Sad and disappointed. I bought stars yesterday for the event. Ordinarily I would buy more today, but I'm so bummed I'm not going to bother/waste more money. None of the things are that desirable anyway. Love the earnable shoes tho, so I'll want those. But am keeping the rest of my star stash for now.

And in a completely different thing going on--none of my Icing club gigs got me a VIP star, nor did my first SCL gig. Does anyone know what's up with this? Thank you.
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Hey guys! I hope everyone is having fun with this weekend event. :) I noticed that we got an extra day probably because Monday is not only Columbus Day but it will be Thanksgiving Day in Canada also.

So this morning I started playing the game by opening my daily gift box and received these:
    M3VwAd3h.jpg

After finishing my daily GB, I figured that my luck would be good today with opening boxes, so I went ahead and opened the first palette without get the free box first and got these:
    P2MKvjRh.jpg

I felt super lucky and once I got the free box, I received this. After that I thought about opening one more but something told me not to press my luck and I'm glad I didn't. Hopefully you guys had as much luck as I had. It would have been really nice to get the dress, but I'm happy with what I received.
    Hn9AoP2h.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    No earnables yet but I'm quite thrilled that I got the hair. I love the dress and the necklace. The necklace I will use quite often coz I love crucifixes. I'm ready to take my doll to church with me this Sunday.

20pav53.jpg
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Options
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I hope everyone is having fun with this weekend event. :) I noticed that we got an extra day probably because Monday is not only Columbus Day but it will be Thanksgiving Day in Canada also.

So this morning I started playing the game by opening my daily gift box and received these:
    M3VwAd3h.jpg

Hey I see you have two boxes open, and I was just curious. The game used to let me watch a video to open a second box and then asking for kstars to open a third, but since a few days it stopped doing that and just asks me for kstars immediately. Now is this just me or did that change for everyone?
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Stop to being mean Miss Monster, that hair is very 10s...from the 20th century HA!

I hope you get it :p

I laugh each time I go in my game.

oQlx8Fc.png

Curious how it looks without the glasses so I edited the hair on Jax, it doesn't look as funny which is weird! Is it the glasses that affected the hair or something about the forehead lol. Reminds me how my dad did my brother's hair when he was like 5 or 6 lmao the amount of gel used to flatten all that hair amazes me!

prQ3ZAR.jpgwrrkoLk.jpg

Got the top on first box woohoo!

ni8rlGc.png
    PM to add
  • Options
    JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Hey I see you have two boxes open, and I was just curious. The game used to let me watch a video to open a second box and then asking for kstars to open a third, but since a few days it stopped doing that and just asks me for kstars immediately. Now is this just me or did that change for everyone?

I have noticed that some days it goes straight to asking me for kstars. It's not very often though. Not sure of the reasoning behind it because those same days I have videos available to watch for free stars. I chalk it up to the game throwing a curve ball. But if it happens for several days in a row, you might check on it.