Weekend Event 10/7/2016 - Another Weekend, Another Event, all kinds of Wonderful.

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Did you get to do the fourth gig? Usually using KStars to charm, you get to skip a gig?!

I'm not sure yet. I haven't started the third gig which is filming the movie.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Sappho and Koko thanks for the feedback that was really random! Glad that I wasn't the only one to receive the call.

Wow Lucien first time I see a palette without money and energy! Congrats on the prizes!

I completed the stotryline and I chose to do the movie and I received 40 extra points, Hillary said that the fans didn't liked the movie, generally the best outcome is 50, maybe we get that on the other option or charming her. Whatever!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Ok so I charmed and got my k-star back at the end of the gig. Just finished my third gig and got 25 stars, and was invited to do a 4th gig.
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Just a heads up, there is a fourth event gig this week. I didnt get the extra bonus in the end of the third gig.
    Hopefully, there will be some in the end of the fourth gig or even more?
    If you decline the role, Elisha will thank you. If you accept the role, Hilary will tell you the film will turn out great. I guess nothing bad is happening choosing either way so far. I never spend KStars to charm, so don't know that route. Usually it's a waste. No matter you accept the movie role or not, you get to go to an industry event at Panino as a fourth gig.

Here is the update:
    **** spoilers alert!! If you don't want to see it, go to the next post.****

*Decline the role--
    In the fourth gig, Hilary said, "Looks like you were right. The fans really wanted Elisha to play the role on the big screen." Then she gave me 20 or 25 event stars. I received another 30 bonus event stars when finishing the fourth gig.

*Accept the role:
    In the fourth gig, Hilary said, "It looks like maybe we made a mistake. The fans have spoken and they really wanted Elisha in the lead." No event stars was given after speaking to her. Only 30 bonus event stars was given in the end of the fourth gig.

So the difference is you get 20 or 25 more event stars if you decline the role.
    To be honest, I didn't even know who this Elisha is. I guess I didn't pay attention to what she said in the first gig.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up Angeline & Jon ! Knowing that you get more event stars be declining the role really helps. :)
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    tbmsGVh.png?1

This event was one of those that I just made sure to complete to doesn't have to see the items on a future throwback.

Good luck to all those who are still working on it :)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    How are you done, I'm not even half way!
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Just poppin in to say that I'm ok & to thank everyone for the well wishes ♥

The storm ended up going more & more east so I mostly just got a LOT of heavy rain and lossed power for the greater part of it. That's back on while my TV & internet are still out but considering my mother & I think my brother are still without power I can only be grateful that I'm mostly back to normal.

Good luck to everyone playing the event! KKH is a real data suck without my wifi so I'm skipping it myself but I hope all of you can complete s much of it as you're aiming to!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Awwww don't worry about the game Andrzej, just stay safe! Thanks for checking in to let us know you're ok. Hope your family and everyone else weathers the storm ok too :)
    Andrzej_S. wrote: »
    Just poppin in to say that I'm ok & to thank everyone for the well wishes ♥

The storm ended up going more & more east so I mostly just got a LOT of heavy rain and lossed power for the greater part of it. That's back on while my TV & internet are still out but considering my mother & I think my brother are still without power I can only be grateful that I'm mostly back to normal.

Good luck to everyone playing the event! KKH is a real data suck without my wifi so I'm skipping it myself but I hope all of you can complete s much of it as you're aiming to!
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I'm really glad to hear that Andrzej! Maybe your internet will be back tomorrow so you'll still have some time to grind since we have n extra day :)
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • ItsLucienItsLucien Registered Users 19 Posts
    Wow! That's a really good pick & good palette (no energy, Kash, event points!!). Congrats!
    I'm glad to see more male dolls on the forum. Welcome!
    Thank you! I started playing with my friend, who had a female doll, but she lost interest. I left the game for about a year as well since it wasn't much fun alone, but came back to it last week. I'm glad I found this forum, it's so much better with people to talk to! :D Sent you FB friend requests btw, I need more well-dressed men in my game -_- the NPCs have NO fashion sense.
    Vats wrote: »
    Wow Lucien first time I see a palette without money and energy! Congrats on the prizes!
    Thank you! I was amazed myself, I worried I'd end up with only kash for my kstars purchase :P
    Lucien ★ level 25 ★ male character, female player ★ iOS - add me on Facebook since GC is no more
    These events are so difficult. I've only just earned the shoes and I just don't know what more I can do as I'm always out of energy. :(

I'm considering opening a kstars box but I'm not sure I like the odds of getting anything good/useful.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    Vats wrote: »
    I completed the stotryline and I chose to do the movie and I received 40 extra points, Hillary said that the fans didn't liked the movie, generally the best outcome is 50, maybe we get that on the other option or charming her. Whatever!

I got a total of 90 event points from the last gig. Whew! Normally I don't like to pay k-stars to charm but since it was one I thought why not. I'm glad I did because with the extra day I haven't been grinding as hard and had a moment of panic this morning when I was only at 300.
    ItsLucien wrote: »
    Thank you! I started playing with my friend, who had a female doll, but she lost interest. I left the game for about a year as well since it wasn't much fun alone, but came back to it last week. I'm glad I found this forum, it's so much better with people to talk to! :D Sent you FB friend requests btw, I need more well-dressed men in my game -_- the NPCs have NO fashion sense.

Sorry, I didn't know that was you. I don't want to accept ppl I don't know so if the FB name doesn't match the forum name, I don't add it. Now we can be buddies in game.
    Jon is still fairly new (started in June this year), so please bear with him if he is not that fashionable. Plus, I dress him up in ugly clothes when I'm upset with him in real life. Very childish, I know!

IMG_3370.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    These events are so difficult. I've only just earned the shoes and I just don't know what more I can do as I'm always out of energy. :(

I'm considering opening a kstars box but I'm not sure I like the odds of getting anything good/useful.

It will get easier the further you progress. Have you done the event gigs? They should help you get to at least the pants.
    Also a tip for the future, during VIP events, invest your k-stars in pets. (First the jet, then pets), I know clothes are probably a lot more appealing but the pets are so worth it! They give you 1 or 2 energy bolts every four hours, and that really helps with events!

Also what I used to do back when I had a lot of storylines is start a couple gigs at the same time, invite a friend to each of them and then go in every hour and tap the friend action. You'll still need to tap a couple other options but you'll need a lot less energy. This works well on weekends when you're just doing stuff around the house and have time to check in on the game for a couple of minutes every hour.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Thanks Lii. Yes, I did do the event, but it only brought me to the shoes. And thanks for the tip about the pets - I'll be sure to save up for them and the jet as my next purchases!
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    And also the mansion in Calabasas, if you don't have that yet Sappho! This house allows you to invite the most guests to reality gigs (4 guests) and parties (7 guests) :)
    Thanks Lii. Yes, I did do the event, but it only brought me to the shoes. And thanks for the tip about the pets - I'll be sure to save up for them and the jet as my next purchases!
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    By the way guys, if you chose to charm the director, she gives you back three K-stars! Woo hoo!!
    You remind me of the babe...
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    By the way guys, if you chose to charm the director, she gives you back three K-stars! Woo hoo!!
    Oh wow I knew I did it wrong lol! I declined Ned the role and got 1 Kstar. Oddly, after the gig I had one of those random reality tv crew encounters and I got 1 Kstar. Weird.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I took the role, didn't charm anyone, I got one star at the end, but....the director pulled me aside at the Panino engagement, and told me the fans like Elisha (sp) more so I'm out. Ouch.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    You know, the reason I didn't choose charm is that I had absolutely no idea what it would make my doll say or do. The roleplay aspect is a bit important to me and an option like that with absolutely no indications of what it will make happen is not very appealing. If I had had any indication that it would make my doll advocate for both of them to be in the movie I would probably have gone for it. As it was I didn't go for it as I was worried it might turn out to be a backstab option of some sort, which I don't want to be doing.
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    I charmed and got 3 kstars. I didn't feel right betraying Elisha after she had gotten me the role and didn't mind spending 1 kstar to get us both in the movie. Although I thought it was weird that she wasn't at the shoot and we could invite somebody else.
    Anyways, I finished the event point-wise on Friday so I'm ready to move on. I can't remember if we've had midweek events after longer running weekend ones like this though...
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0

Hi Sappho, all other people's suggestions about getting the jets/ cars/ pets/ Calabasas home, are all I would suggest. You would be surprised that you could save up to 120 KStars without buying them with rl money. All the KStars I got from the achievements and from watching videos/ special offers, I wouldn't spend them until I got the jet. I wouldn't even spend on any event gift boxes at the beginning of the game play. In my opinion, to earn all the earnable items is more important.

I don't know if you know this already. When you do gigs or go energy hunting on the streets, always pick up (tap on) the rewards (Kash/ energy bolts/ experience points). Every tap reduces 5 seconds of energy restoring time. Try to control your level up timing to happen during weekend events, so that you have another full energy bar to spend. Save all the energy rewards you get from daily partnership achievements, collect them on the weekend when you need them.
    When you don't have a lot of resources to give you energy bolts at the beginning, this little tips would help. Good luck! I hope you get to earn all the earnable items!! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Yes to everything Angeline said. the jet was the best thing I ever bought. But, as far as game enjoyment....I think everyone should buy even just the smallest pack of stars in the StarShop. When the ads are removed, it is like turning on a "Deluxe" button. Without the ads pulling you out of the game with every scene change, you are more in the moment. You get a rythym of tapping going...and when you're done the screen explodes with your payout. Like the moment when the overstuffed piñata pops. Only instead of an ad popping up pulling out of the game...it seemlessly goes from the final tap to the explosion and you gather your winnings without missing a beat. In my opinion, it's the best 5 or 10$ you can spend. and the ads are gone forever with that purchase. I know other games charge repeatedly to go ad free, but this is Big Bang for the buck. I bought the 105Star pack because my android tab was dying, and the ads were pushing it closer to death. So I bought stars for that game, immediately bought the jet and the ad free aspect was so compelling, I popped out to the store for 2 more gift cards, and bought the same for the other two devices. In the end, no ad kept the tablet alive till Christmas About 3 or 4 months) till I was getting a new tab.

Off the soapbox, but killing the ads was the best thing I ever did. ;) Jet was the second best, but was tied into killing the ads
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    You know, the reason I didn't choose charm is that I had absolutely no idea what it would make my doll say or do. The roleplay aspect is a bit important to me and an option like that with absolutely no indications of what it will make happen is not very appealing. If I had had any indication that it would make my doll advocate for both of them to be in the movie I would probably have gone for it. As it was I didn't go for it as I was worried it might turn out to be a backstab option of some sort, which I don't want to be doing.

I picked charmed because I had no idea which option to choose! I felt like both were a trick lol. Had the charm option been more than one k-star though I would've just picked one of the other options.
    Happy Columbus Day. In celebration I'm having Baba's GF over for dinner. She doesn't eat meat, so the entree stuffed shells, with meatball Parmesan for the carnivores Made a carrot cake with cream cheese frositng. So....this Bish be tired.
    If you're USA or Canada (Happy Thanksgiving) are you off today or still have to work? What about school? Baba and GF's school is off.
    happy-Columbus-Day.gif

head.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you so much for the tips everyone. I'm definitely going to save up to get the jet and the pets and the Calabasas home, in the hopes that it will make future events easier. Oh and I did buy some kstars a while ago so ads aren't a problem. I generally don't have a problem spending a little bit of money on a game I'm enjoying, although I do usually wait for discount deals - I'm not that rich! :D

I have the jeans now but I'm still about 200 point away from the top, which I have no chance of making at this point. But I'm gonna do what I can to prepare for next time. :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Happy Columbus Day. In celebration I'm having Baba's GF over for dinner. She doesn't eat meat, so the entree stuffed shells, with meatball Parmesan for the carnivores Made a carrot cake with cream cheese frositng. So....this Bish be tired.
    If you're USA or Canada (Happy Thanksgiving) are you off today or still have to work? What about school? Baba and GF's school is off.
    happy-Columbus-Day.gif

head.gif

Why do you call him Baba? Just wondering. It means "Dad" in my mother tongue, so I always think it's weird.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Will we have a Midweek event tomorrow?
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

No, There is no midweek tomorrow. But we had the extra day for this weekend's event, and....we can relax a little and get rested for whatever this weekend Event will bring us. :)

And a Kimmie for most Patient Reality Star in KK:H History.............our very own..NQueen!!!

Kimmie_NQueen.gif

Resplendant in Gold, Queen...say a few words?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary