Options

iOS v10 add friends thru FB Only. updated 10/11

AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
Since iOS 10 removed Game Center, does that mean if we login to FB in game, it can be crossed platform?
🍎 iOS dolls📱  
#DontPunishPayingCustomers

Comments

• Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Since iOS 10 removed Game Center, does that mean if we login to FB in game, it can be crossed platform?

Nope I doubt so.

There isn't a GC app anymore, but GC still works like you can send friend requests through iMessage or something.
    PM to add
  • Options
    AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Nope I doubt so.

There isn't a GC app anymore, but GC still works like you can send friend requests through iMessage or something.

Good that we added each other before iOS10 came out. I don't even know how to add friends now.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    wow, just saw this. My iPad Pro is stil 9 something, so when the rest of the iOS users are affected, we'll all lose GC? How DO we add friends once the rest of the games are updated to iOS 10? And, think we should make a thread in General Discussion about this? This isn't 'looking for friends' but info needed by all. Do they offer something in it's place?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    wow, just saw this. My iPad Pro is stil 9 something, so when the rest of the iOS users are affected, we'll all lose GC? How DO we add friends once the rest of the games are updated to iOS 10? And, think we should make a thread in General Discussion about this? This isn't 'looking for friends' but info needed by all. Do they offer something in it's place?

This was the thing I talked about the other time when I said both android and iOS had to connect through FB to add friends.

iOS 10 adds friend in GC through iMessage, so either you have to give out your contact number/ email to random strangers, or FB.
    PM to add
  • Options
    With the update to v10 for iOS devices, GameCenter no longer adds people to your game. You must now sign into FB in your game and add new players to your game that way.

(I haven't taken the update yet so ) I'm not able to give you step by step instructions for this. When I get them, I'll post. In the meantime, if anyone is having problems, post here, if you're looking to add iOS games only through FB, you can post your add info, please don't ask for gifts we're just trying to connect people to friends, you can start another thread for gifts if you'd like.

Thanks everyone, Now I'm off to back up to itunes, and then update my iPad. oh, and look for a plumber.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Thought i I should post this here as well.

Grabbed this from FAQs, it was updated 8 days ago, and references iOS 10

On Apple devices, you may connect to Facebook and/or Game Center.

On Apple devices, you can also login to Game Center through the Game Center app. On iOS10, the only way to login to Game Center is through the Settings menu on the device.

so, you would have to connect through Facebook, and also login to GC as per above, to keep those contact current. So, I take it to mean add new people via FB? Or, you can always just also connect with all your old GC friends on FB, but that would seem like a lot of work.

Angeline just had success, maybe she'll post it here too. I'm going to close the Gamecenter thread but keep it stickied.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ok, I will update everything after my next submission. Then I'll try to add one new person through Fb and one through go iMessage. So post you info here, and we'll figure out whether both work. I'm going to have to start a new Fb page too, so if anyone already updated to 10 wants to do this right away, that would be awesome. Any takers?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    morgaine816morgaine816 Registered Users 101 Posts
    I haven't figured out iMessage but adding people through FB has worked fine for me. https://www.facebook.com/myloe.yeager Add me.
  • Options
    Merged some posts into this one. I'm setting up a fb account for appleP now. If there is someone I don't play with yet, who would like to first try imessage, please pm me, I've tried facebook, that works.

One problem, All 3 facebook accounts are called Koko Kokonut. So, if you'd like to add me for iOS using FB, either post your id, or send me a pm. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I would like to try through iMessage as I have no friends at all yet, but I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Sappho wrote: »
    I would like to try through iMessage as I have no friends at all yet, but I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

I'm not sure but I think you have to give out your phone number for that to work which is why I have been going the FB route. If you want to add me on FB I'm https://www.facebook.com/myloe.yeager
  • Options
    That can't work because I play on iPad, and that has no phone number. I'm trying to find out more, but it's probably just easier to start a new FB account just for the game if you wish. Add people that way, and it does work, but we'll try and find out more about iMessage. I just don't think phone number is necessary. That would exclude iPads, and iPOds.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I'm pretty sure you can iMessage based on email as well. Or Apple ID.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    CodeRedCodeRed Registered Users 46 Posts
    I just made a separate facebook account for Ruby, I'm trying to see if it's possible for me to be signed in from Safari and my personal FB account on the same device. If anyone wants to try facebook and see if it works then Ruby's page is http://facebook.com/ruby.kkh
    iOS doll: Ruby, A+++ lister, last comeback, daily player and I love new friends.
    GC is Synerje87, feel free to add me.
  • Options
    CodeRed wrote: »
    I just made a separate facebook account for Ruby, I'm trying to see if it's possible for me to be signed in from Safari and my personal FB account on the same device. If anyone wants to try facebook and see if it works then Ruby's page is http://facebook.com/ruby.kkh

Friend request sent
  • Options
    Update 10/11

Regarding the confusion between FB, iMessage after GC

Going forth it seems you can only add other players via FaceBook. You can't add them via iMessage. You can however use iMessage to share links to the KKH game and open the game from there. Facebook is still the best way to go if you want to connect with other players!

So, to my 2 new friends...I'll pm you with the FB link. I don't want to put my stuff in public because with 3 games, that's 3 FB ids. I don't want to end up with Android names in my iOS game. I have enough headaches...because all 3 FB user names are the same. Plus....I have one or two other of that name that don't have games. lol. How many of you are Gemini? Tip of the iceberg for me.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    TwiztidroseTwiztidrose Registered Users 423 Posts
    Well made a new Facebook then for Liv Moore add me here! https://www.facebook.com/liv.moore.3557
    Liv Moore is my KKH doll.
    Trixie is my K&K doll. Add me!
    Shoot me a request on Game Center: TwiztidRose
    Let's be friends!! :cool: :D
  • Options
    Jcampbell83Jcampbell83 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I sent you a request please add me I don't have any friends on the game I just started playing and I'm addicted already thanks in advance
  • Options
    I sent you a request please add me I don't have any friends on the game I just started playing and I'm addicted already thanks in advance

If you made a friend request of me I may have rejected it. If you didn't include a text saying it was from KKH and I didn't see and thing like that on your profile and I had not been here yet I might have thought you were spam. Please make another request if you have not been friended by Myloe Yeager.
  • Options
    Friend request semt
  • Options
    Ziya SwansonZiya Swanson Registered Users 56 Posts
    I sent you a friend request :)
    #ComeBackVats
    iOS player
  • Options
    Jor1013032Jor1013032 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Bought a valentines box, so I have one to send to a friend. Add me if you bought one too and we can send each other the gift box! My Facebook is Nicoleanderson3032@gmail.com
  • Options
    I really need friends and gifts. I will respond in kind. https://www.facebook.com/myloe.yeager