Weekend Event 10/14/16 - Who Knows what tomorrow will bring?

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    There's plenty of time for items to be released in the game. It's not like development is ending anytime soon, so we just have to be patient :) We'll get them eventually.

I don't mind the orange skirt but I never can seem to get the last item on party weekends. I like the hair but if I don't get it in my free box I'll be too scared to chase it :p Maybe if I liked the other items a bit better
  • vivianhalevivianhale Banned Users 48 Posts
    Deleting complains? Good. Let's hide the problems.
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    I think they're trying to keep the peace, and give people as many chances as possible to be reasonable before having to become more severe... Can't be easy to keep things balanced.
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    I need to get my pretty hands on that hairstyle. It's absolutely perfect for my doll.
    As far as earnables go, I'll have to agree with others.. disappointing. I'll try to grab those earrings, but that's as far as I'll go.
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I can't wear anything but flats now...thank god for great flat boots...so I dress my dolls in the highest most backbreaking heels I can.

This is so me. I live vicariously through my dolls shoes because tendon damage in my foot and ankle make heels impossible now.

There are a pair of gold spikes with dark green accent that I pair with almost everything. I'd love to see more high spiked heels. It seems every other thin heel is a Mary Jane.

Anyway, the shoes this week are very Miley Cyrus... which is not a compliment. The last white earnable flats are literally what my mom wears. I think the Glu designers are burnt out. Someone hand them an US Weekly to crib celeb trend outfits off of.

That said, I don't mind the orange skirt. Not blown away but at least it's not another pair of white pants or a long coat over shapeless tee.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Ok, deleted a few more posts. No one is wrong, I think we all need to be more careful of how our words can be taken. We've developed a kind of chill atmosphere for the most part, and it's got to be hard to be the new kid. When I read something that seems rude, I try to read it with a different tone of voice. If it can be taken the kinder gentler way, lets give each other the benefit of the doubt. I personally jumped to conclusions a short time ago, and thank goodness my friends showed me it wasn't like that.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    vivianhale wrote: »

No, we are not deleting complaints, we are stopping drama. If you would like an exact explanation of why your post was deleted, I'll be happy to explain in PM.

ETA: If you have a complaint about what another member posted, do not argue, pm moderation.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    To quote Regina George from Mean Girls, "That's the ugliest effing skirt I've ever seen."

However, I will still try to get all the earnables so that they don't show up later in a throwback box :/
    Ok, I'll do a little photoediting, and make and good outfit out of that skirt. :) brb
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Here's one I like
    Orange2.png

Here's another
    Orange1.png

Now, it's just rough, I mean we change shoes, and jewelry and hair, but you see it can look nice. THose shoes in the earner outfit are just really throwing it off.

Hi Luz! You're looking wonderful :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Hi, Miss Moderita! You're looking fabulous, yourself!

I have to admit that I'm thinking of having some major body work done, though. All of the recent hairstyles have fine styling details that are totally lost on the black hair, but I've only ever liked the black on my doll... So it's been one hair crisis after another. (The real important stuff to worry about in life, right?) I may have to do something drastic to 'myself' soon...
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Are platform shoes really still a thing? I thought that trend died (as it should have) in the 90's. Maybe my doll will dress up as a Spice Girl for Halloween.

I think the gift box outfit is all over the place. Are the shoes supposed to be shiny or is that camo? Camo and leopard print? The skirt looks like a throw blanket.

They're Stella McCartney. I hate them, and the only person who wears them well is Rihanna and a couple of models, they look a mess on anyone else.

It really is a mess. I like the orange skirt, the box outfit is a joke, the hair is okay. I like the box boots.

Ah well, busy this weekend anyway, I won't be in a hurry to complete this event.
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Can someone for the love of the God answer my question???? We'll have a SMC this weekend? And where's the pink dress???

It's about a 50/50 (or less chance) in general for someone to reply to you here... I didn't see some of the deleted comments but I'm sure they weren't that bad ;)

Also I thought those pictures were official releases on Google Play?
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

Hi vivianhale. I just wanted to say Koko is our main mod here, Kalinda notwithstanding, and she has a job to do and that's what she does. There are actually rules for the forum--there's all sorts of stuff in FAQs, others you can search for--if one knows what kind of possibly obscure thing they're looking for--and while Koko lets a lot slide, and she really does, sometimes she has to do things that are going to make people unhappy to say the least, angry people at worst. Especially when you're new, a lot of things aren't obvious, but she has to "moderate," and do any cleanup, reffing, whatever's necessary. It's hard I think, to have people throwing shade, even if it's minor, in your face when you're doing the job you're supposed to, and someone can just come along and grumble, mutter, or shriek, "draw!" She's only one person. She likes everyone to be happy. She does what she has to do. And that's pretty much the way that story goes. K, well, have a nice weekend....
    Okay, okay, okay... Sorry. I just want to know why they put a SMC offer during a normal event (not a VIP one) just one time... I want to buy the others too!
    They can do this again, it's nothing hard to do.
    Just answer me this question and I'll go away.
  • ElleSElleS Registered Users 27 Posts
    Just answer me this question and I'll go away.

IMO The easy answer is that they're a company and they're free to do whatever they want. They try their best to make the players happy but it's not like they're answerable to us for every small choice they make. We can't demand stuff and act like we're their bosses. They know what's best for the game. There's always a time for something and problably this week wasn't the time to offer a SMC. :)
    Yeah, everyone can ask for updates and post "TEASERS, TEASERS, TEASERS", but I can get a answer to my simple question. Wow, o-k-a-y. I'm not trying to boss anyone around, I just want to know how this SMC things works.
    I never felt so unloved in one place. I'll leave.
    And if you don't want to listen/do things that others people want, then you can't put prices on the things that you are offering.
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    The same question again and again! By your tone you certainly don't sound like a new member, at least to me.

Shop My Closet bundles are usually offered during VIP Events, okay?

You're smart enough to dig old threads and see when Koko said great things are coming, you stalk a moderator's online status and demand answers, you start multiple threads each day, despite being a new player you're aware Kim gives a sneak peek of the coming update on snapchat ... You should've figured about the SMC deals too by now.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • ElleSElleS Registered Users 27 Posts
    Yeah, everyone can ask for updates and post "TEASERS, TEASERS, TEASERS", but I can get a answer to my simple question. Wow, o-k-a-y. I'm not trying to boss anyone around, I just want to know how this SMC things works.

OMG I'm so sorry. My intention wasn't to make you feel not loved. I just shared my opinion. Tbh it's very hard to convey what one feels through written text...I'm sorry again. Please don't leave because of me. I'm new myself.
  • Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    The thing i posted was put up when they said abiut us getting new flats it wasnt an image off the internet they put the pic up saying about us getting flats in the game i was just asking because people are saying this is our last event before the update so i just wanted to know if the hair and dress was going to be released in an event
    I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire
  • Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    This is the original picture i cropped it from si people would know what i was referring to

1zm2n0n.png
    I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    I may have to do something drastic to 'myself' soon...

Do it!

I got my eyes done, couple of weeks back. Now I don't have to wear sunglasses all the time. :p
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts

vivianhale, please don't think that you are not welcomed here because you are. The reason why no one has answered you're question about the SMC is because aside from Kalinda or some other Glu staff, nobody really has a clear answer. I have been playing this game for a few months now and I can tell you that Glu tends to sometimes change things or do things randomly. For example, we now have a mid week event that is Show Your Style where we win two new items and two TB boxes. Before that the mid week events were straight TB events where we won 4 TB boxes, but they changed it. Why? We really don't know just like we really don't know how and when Glu decides to give us SMC, but they are usually given during VIP weekends. Glu makes changes to the game all the time and we as the players just adjust to these changes. I really wish that I can give you a clear answer on how Glu does their events and SMC but I can't. What I can recommend you do is to try and contact the help/support on the KKH app and ask your question. Hopefully this info helps you and remember that you are not a burden and we love having you here on the forum. :)
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    vivianhale, please don't think that you are not welcomed here because you are. The reason why no one has answered you're question about the SMC is because aside from Kalinda or some other Glu staff, nobody really has a clear answer. I have been playing this game for a few months now and I can tell you that Glu tends to sometimes change things or do things randomly. For example, we now have a mid week event that is Show Your Style where we win two new items and two TB boxes. Before that the mid week events were straight TB events where we won 4 TB boxes, but they changed it. Why? We really don't know just like we really don't know how and when Glu decides to give us SMC. Glu makes changes to the game all the time and we as the players just adjust to these changes. I really wish that I can give you a clear answer on how Glu does their events and SMC but I can't. What I can recommend you do is to try and contact the help/support on the KKH app and ask your question. Hopefully this info helps you and remember that you are not a burden and we love having you here on the forum. :)

Thank you so much for being so kind to me, NQueen. As I said to Koko, I didn't know that Kalinda is not just a moderator here. I don't know how this forum works, I mean, some of rules, and I used to think that someone will come here and answer my question. I don't say anything rude to anyone, I was talking to Glu, but some people here are really loving to make me feel unhappy. But thanks again. You are a nice person!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Hi, Miss Moderita! You're looking fabulous, yourself!

I have to admit that I'm thinking of having some major body work done, though. All of the recent hairstyles have fine styling details that are totally lost on the black hair, but I've only ever liked the black on my doll... So it's been one hair crisis after another. (The real important stuff to worry about in life, right?) I may have to do something drastic to 'myself' soon...

Hiiiiiiiiii Luz!

Hair crisis?! Oh no! That's the worst!

If this can make you feel better, all color sucks...some way!

Blonde has awful eyebrows, golden looks like the color of pee, see?

I won't step on 'others' territories, but they have their odds too...

So the missing details on black hair seems to me the least issue to care about lol

Hope you're doing well!
    Charli wrote: »
    Do it!

I got my eyes done, couple of weeks back. Now I don't have to wear sunglasses all the time. :p

What do you mean??? Am I missing something?:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Thank you so much for being so kind to me, NQueen. As I said to Koko, I didn't know that Kalinda is not just a moderator here. I don't know how this forum works, I mean, some of rules, and I used to think that someone will come here and answer my question. I don't say anything rude to anyone, I was talking to Glu, but some people here are really loving to make me feel unhappy. But thanks again. You are a nice person!

You are very welcome. I know it's not easy being new to the forum and it takes some getting use to, and I think older members of the forum should be a lot more patient and understanding with new members. One thing I forgot to mention is that SMC are usually given during VIP weekends so that's the time where you can most likely expect a SMC.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Thanks Kalinda for the spoilers!

I actually do like leopard, but could never get away with it in real life. It'd be neat to get that top to see how it could match with my other skirts <fingers crossed but I know I'll just get kash>

As for the earnables, I'm not usually into orange cause I think it clashes with my hair, but I'm guessing some people will def make the skirt work. No one loves every weekend, but as long as we like most I'm cool.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College