The writing in this game is incredible

LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
I actually had to register an account here just to acknowledge this weekend's event - for a game that isn't that heavy on text, there are some amazing jokes.

I wasn't too sure where the milk thistle was going (although just heard this week it's a great liver detox!) but dear Jesus the title of the first task, Cuban Thistle Crisis, is a work of genius. I literally just stared at my phone in awe. It's incredible. I can only hope for more cold war-themed jokes this weekend (or ever, I guess).

I can only hope they know how hilarious they are and how much it's appreciated.

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    Thanks for joining to pass that along. We've known all along they have great senses of humor.....just look at the outfits we have to earn and win this weekend. lol. Seriously, welcome to the forum. (Quick somebody, lock the doors, this one's fun we don't want them getting out.)

Enjoy the weekend, and we'll make sure Glu sees their humor was appreciated. :) While you're here, why not look around check out the event thread and some of our other features. Don't worry, I was just teasing about locking the doors. We just krazy glu you to the furniture if we like you. Oh yeah, we'll be krazy gluing this one dolls.

Wekcine_Aooke_O.jpg
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Thank you so much! Haha, the orange skirt, right? EDIT: actually the shoes!!

I've been lurking on and off for a bit, so I'll venture out into the other threads as soon as I get this whole avatar thing sorted :)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    You avatar is lovely. That hair is a forum favorite. :) BTW, I passed along your storyline compliment to the GluGods. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I didn't even notice the name of the event. That's hilarious :D Whenever I see these type of zingers I always picture Glu staff sitting at their desks cackling madly to themselves.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Welcome to the forum Lisylis!

And yes the writting in this game is one of the best aspects of it!

I love love how they write Simon specially!

Always that my doll is talking to someone I always pick the choices that lead to more conversations cause I know that something sensational is on the way:)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Thanks for your positive feedback! I shared your posts with the content team and you made their day.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Vats wrote: »

Always that my doll is talking to someone I always pick the choices that lead to more conversations cause I know that something sensational is on the way:)

I agree! I find Simon hilarious.

I love that each "character" in the game (Simon, Maria, Khloe, Kim, etc.) has a distinct personality, and that it really shows within the dialogue with each character!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    Vats wrote: »

Oh my gosh yes! Simon is great and I think he's getting even funnier, too. And I DIED at the conversation with Willow in the first task today about idioms and figures of speech. I had that conversation like three times.

Linguistics jokes are entirely my jam :o
    Thanks for your positive feedback! I shared your posts with the content team and you made their day.

Haha I'm so glad! It's really cool to have a direct line to the devs like this.

I was so excited to see the continuation of the cold war theme in the next task! My fingers are so crossed for a Bay of Pigs reference somewhere this weekend.

It's a combination of my two great loves: celebrity gossip and international relations in the 20th century.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I know you're not supposed to taunt Willow in public but I can't help it.
    I know you're not supposed to taunt Willow in public but I can't help it.

I think Willow kind of likes it. And you can usually get some pretty good dialogue if you do! She's another character who's actually really funny and I really enjoy interactions with. Best frenemies forever!
    OH I FORGOT. Some of the reality show titles are holy heck hilarious. I'll pull out a few of my faves:

The Courageous and the Comely
    Dude vs Assemble Yourself Swedish Furniture
    Dostoevsky and Hutch
    Professional Hitting Ball with Stick
    It's Always Raining in Seattle
    Pey and Keele
    People Talking and the Occasional Zombie Attack
    Morally Reprehensible Makeover: Aid Worker Edition
    How I Became Acquainted with Your Maternal Parent
    aaaand
    Most Desirable Bachelor: Game Writer ;)

There's just so many references to other shows (and a surprising amount of classical literature?) and the humour is just spot on with the commentary and also someone had to come up with literally hundreds of these names. Incredible.
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Yesss, I love reading through the show titles! Some of them are great. The sports ones always make me laugh too. "Professional guy hitting ball with stick" lol
    Sometimes the dudes that flirt with ya will throw me off too by dropping a movie reference or like Lisylis said classical literature authors/titles.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Lisylis wrote: »
    I think Willow kind of likes it. And you can usually get some pretty good dialogue if you do! She's another character who's actually really funny and I really enjoy interactions with. Best frenemies forever!

She totally likes it! She seems disappointed if you don't fight back. I'm like, just trying to be professional over here Willow, I'll gladly insult you after I've been paid lol
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • pearldiamondspearldiamonds Banned Users 30 Posts
    The storyline from KK:H is simply amazing. You don't see smart and funny dialogues and plots like this in other similar games.
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    For me, Simon's pervy, inappropriate dialogues are simultaneously funny and cringe worthy. I love him as a manager, though.
    GC: Zoë Strange