Options

If it's Monday, it must be MidWeek Anticipation Day!

Comments

• Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I also got k-stars in my second box yay! Much better than brown shoes lol

I saw a new throwback bracelet at both of my sets, I think that is one of the 'new' items that is stated at the banner.

Next round I'll get the golden box. I really want a tattoo sleeve that I'm missing for two years, so wish me luck guys!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    Dany27Dany27 Registered Users 22 Posts
    I was so excited to see the event when I woke up... So far I've just gotten the cash hopefully my third box will be more exciting!
    Daily iOS 10 player
    FB friend requests welcome at https://www.facebook.com/dany.may27
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Yes! These events are so much better than the Show Your Style. No waiting. No buy in. No losing sleep. Just fair play.

It'd be perfect if there were the SYS system of boxes, with two TB boxes and some earnable outfit, but I will take this event type over SYS any day.
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    OMG, there's an event??? Wow, 1 day out and I have a tonnnnnn of catching up to do!

I read yesterday that there was no event, so I didn't check... Now I'm so behind.
    β™‘ iOS (level 64 A+++) β™‘
    β™”Β Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhΒ β™”
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Surpisingly when I woke up this morning, I updated the app and ta-da there's a "midweek" event!
    Are we already late???
    :eek:
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Here's my second box:

XfqwXNR.png

Got a TB purse! I like it, but it is very similar to several other black and gold bags Everly already has. This time, I'm glad I didn't pick my second box-- would have gotten kash!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.Β 
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I like it too. And it's funny, but one little difference, length of chain, width of bag, Shade of gold in Hardware, these are all thing I consider when picking one of my black and gold bags.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I like it too. And it's funny, but one little difference, length of chain, width of bag, Shade of gold in Hardware, these are all thing I consider when picking one of my black and gold bags.

Yes! really good point, Koko! All important considerations when you're a superstar like the dolls. Kind of the same with all the black and gold heels we have, too!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.Β 
  • Options
    OMG, do you ever stop to accessorize while you're grinding? You don't mean to but you go into the wardrobe to change one thing, and boom which shoes.....necklace or scarf? Then we rethink the whole thing. I get lost in the closet. And when Ray annouces my new look.....it's like he's saying "We thought you were never coming out". My doll blushes (thanks to Nars) scowls a little (ty again) and then she sees she got close to 70,000 fans and she giggles and grabs a drink (she's always changing in bars. I don't get it. a drink or two and bam....gotta change her clothes.) lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    Am I the only one who didn't get it? My guy game did, but I've bought/won all the throwback stuff for my girl doll now. I know, I know, but still. I'd like the chance to earn black/gold boxes anyway, you know? Thought they were going to fix this....Guess that's what I get for being dumb enough to buy an extra box whenever I could?
  • Options
    OMG, do you ever stop to accessorize while you're grinding? You don't mean to but you go into the wardrobe to change one thing, and boom which shoes.....necklace or scarf? Then we rethink the whole thing. I get lost in the closet. And when Ray annouces my new look.....it's like he's saying "We thought you were never coming out". My doll blushes (thanks to Nars) scowls a little (ty again) and then she sees she got close to 70,000 fans and she giggles and grabs a drink (she's always changing in bars. I don't get it. a drink or two and bam....gotta change her clothes.) lol

YES! You hit it on the head, Koko.
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    With no bonus stars this event is taking a looooooong time...
  • Options
    Am I the only one who didn't get it? My guy game did, but I've bought/won all the throwback stuff for my girl doll now. I know, I know, but still. I'd like the chance to earn black/gold boxes anyway, you know? Thought they were going to fix this....Guess that's what I get for being dumb enough to buy an extra box whenever I could?

Do you have every or most of the th items? Players with a lot but certainly not all of the TB items were getting locked out of the event. That has been fixed (one of my tablets didn't get the event then after it was fixed it began getting the event again). But if you have absolutely everything I don't know how they could set the event up for you. What would they put in the other two boxes and if they did that is there a chance that those other items would end up in throwback boxes for the rest of us? But if you just have most of the throwback items we can certainly look into it. I'm sorry you didn't get it. ;(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    With all the dumb energy I won in my black boxes yesterday I was able to get to the gold box last night. I won the white/gray vertical striped pants which are a black box item. A little disappointing, because I don't have ANY of the gold box items and none were in my palette.
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I won a daily box item in my gold box. I'd take Kash over that :(
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    With all the dumb energy I won in my black boxes yesterday I was able to get to the gold box last night. I won the white/gray vertical striped pants which are a black box item. A little disappointing, because I don't have ANY of the gold box items and none were in my palette.
    Lii wrote: Β»

Woww that is awful :(

I thought at least the gold box would have decent items... it's alot of work to get to it. 300 pts at 20 stars per 8 hour event that's 15 freaking events. :mad:
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm done with the event, mixed reactions about it:
    LwoYTCh.png?1

I started with brown shoes... Like again???
    bMCBsLy.png?1

K-stars are the best I can expect from black boxes, yay!
    0ymvrjc.png?1

Of course...
    T7zYt1r.png?1

Happy with the throwback box, I missed that sweater during last Xmas and now I have it to the next one!:)

Hope next week we get a sale along with a new mid-week event, I know SYS is tiresome but it feels more rewarding.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts

Hmm I thought they fixed it so people who have everything would get the event, but their boxes would contain KStars. I think wolf is another person with everything, maybe she can update if she has the same issue?

You're not dumb okay β™‘
    PM to add
  • Options
    Val_ wrote: Β»
    Woww that is awful :(

I thought at least the gold box would have decent items... it's alot of work to get to it. 300 pts at 20 stars per 8 hour event that's 15 freaking events. :mad:

I'm assuming black boxes can also contain white box items and gold boxes can also contain both black and white box items. It's just that we don't get gold boxes very often so to get a white/black box item instead of a gold one is a bummer. Good news is I have all the white box items and most of the black box so unless Glu decides to throw some more in there I should hopefully see gold box stuff next time.
  • Options
    Lii wrote: Β»

That would be very frustrating if you were looking for a better box item.

But I on the other hand would have loved a few of the daily items I don't have instead of cash or energy. like the braidedbracelets w/watch. Before GBs you could buy them. so 2 dolls have them, but who knew it would change. I had time.lol. Hmmm In fact, the daily gb items I'd like to have are all the ones you could buy b4 the boxes came out. But...snooze, lose? I get it. Strike while the Bargain is Hot! That's my new mantra. Hey Maria .....what have you got for me now?

image.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Vats wrote: Β»
    I'm done with the event, mixed reactions about it:

Hope next week we get a sale along with a new mid-week event, I know SYS is tiresome but it feels more rewarding.

Yeah it's pretty disappointing. I got Energy in my second black box and I'm already dreading the gold box. I like SYS, it's annoying to have to wake up at night sometimes, but you can get creative with outfits and it isn't so time-consuming. This midweek event is exhausting, I'm tapping my life away and I'm not even sure how I'll make it to the Throwback box.
    I'm assuming black boxes can also contain white box items and gold boxes can also contain both black and white box items. It's just that we don't get gold boxes very often so to get a white/black box item instead of a gold one is a bummer. Good news is I have all the white box items and most of the black box so unless Glu decides to throw some more in there I should hopefully see gold box stuff next time.

That is good news! Good luck! Though imo black boxes shouldn't contain white box items at all, and gold boxes shouldn't contain black box stuff. What's the point otherwise?
  • Options
    2gsmlpl.jpg

Not too bad... could have been worse
  • Options
    Val_ wrote: Β»
    Though imo black boxes shouldn't contain white box items at all, and gold boxes shouldn't contain black box stuff. What's the point otherwise?

Totally agree. Why bother having events with the different colored boxes if your prize could be whatever?
  • Options
    I wish I'd checked this thread before opening my gold box! Since they're rare, I thought maybe there would be really cool stuff. My first box was stars, which was great, but I broke my streak of not buying a second one, and I got kash:

7DMXckE.png

Wish I'd opened one of the two boxes on the top right!
  • Options
    haftime wrote: Β»
    I wish I'd checked this thread before opening my gold box! Since they're rare, I thought maybe there would be really cool stuff. My first box was stars, which was great, but I broke my streak of not buying a second one, and I got kash:

7DMXckE.png

Wish I'd opened one of the two boxes on the top right!

I think the Throwback box will be the only thing worth opening more of...
  • Options
    SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Yah my gold box was filled with partnerships and cash and energy. I think this is a pretty big downgrade. I'm missing a lot of gold box items. Instead I won a Muse partnership, which I've already gotten like 9 times over.
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Yah my gold box was filled with partnerships and cash and energy. I think this is a pretty big downgrade. I'm missing a lot of gold box items. Instead I won a Muse partnership, which I've already gotten like 9 times over.

I got some exciting........ energy!!!! wooo!! lol
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Here are the results of my hard work tapping on my iPhone screen. Very disappointing. For my black boxes I had more of a chance to win kash than anything else. I really wish Glu would get rid of the kash in the black and gold boxes or at least make it to where it doesn't show up so much. Like someone else pointed out we get a chance to open a gold box seemingly once a blue moon so getting only energy is frustrating. It's not fair. I have been wanting those silver hoop earnings, red dress, and black boots for the longest and all three were in my palette. :( The only positive thing from this event is that I'm finally making some headway with my reality show. Instead of getting only 1,000 viewers per episode, I now get 11,000 and I won a partnership. So, that's an improvement. Maybe I can finally make it to the Top 400 soon.

oqBu6inh.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Here are the results of my hard work tapping on my iPhone screen. Very disappointing. For my black boxes I had more of a chance to win kash than anything else. I really wish Glu would get rid of the kash in the black and gold boxes or at least make it to where it doesn't show up so much. Like someone else pointed out we get a chance to open a gold box seemingly once a blue moon so getting only energy is frustrating. It's not fair. I have been wanting those silver hoop earnings, red dress, and black boots for the longest and all three were in my palette. :( The only positive thing from this event is that I'm finally making some headway with my reality show. Instead of getting only 1,000 viewers per episode, I now get 11,000 and I won a partnership. So, that's an improvement. Maybe I can finally make it to the Top 400 soon.

Oh man. What a bummer... Sorry you encountered these ill-fated boxes NQueen. :( Seriously they should really remove that Ka$h and energy thing. It don't think it's gambling. It's def a rip-off :mad::mad::mad:
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • Options
    I think cash and energy should be for the daily gift boxes only. They're nice prizes, but definitely don't belong in an event box. I'd rather see k-stars, even if it's a smaller amount than 25/40. Event gift box items should be special.