Monday Monday - Halloween's Coming but will we have a Midweek Event?

Comments

• Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Funny thing is that I have this dress but decided not to use it because I thought a lot of other people would be using it and I wanted my look to be a bit more unique.

I didn't want to use it because the colour of the choker doesn't match the dress... like the blacks are different and the reds are different... I don't know. I'm not 100% convinced by this match.
    Sappho wrote:
    Thanks. That's what I've been trying to do. Though I've also experimented with white.

It's pretty fun to experiment with new looks, I don't usually change my doll's hair and makeup but these events I feel really encourage me to change it up a bit. I just wish I didn't have to waste so much time wading through a sea of unbought items just to find the few I do own. XD

I've been trying white as well! Like a virgin suicides-type look... the fangs would work so well here. I also wish there was a dark red lipstick... the black lipstick sort-of works too though

And I didn't find any shoes that really matched (WHERE ARE OUR WHITE STILETTOS GLU??)
    Dark red shoes, anyone?
    Barefoot would work actually.

I also found that I'm missing nice (black) bracelets... and I wish we had the option of more rings.

1z35ufc.jpg

It's a work in progress lol

Test 2

256d53n.jpg
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I don't remember which partnership gave it, but that black and maroon outfit works with the choker. It also looks great with the bodysuit from a weekend event a few weeks ago. I don't mind seeing event outfits used if it works. That's why we work so hard to win that stuff, to accessorize it and make it our own. Half of my outfit choices are regular outfits, and half are more like costumes (adding mask and hair with a hat, etc.)
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    hgaYir5.jpg

Love dressing up!!
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    This event is an attack on good taste. So many ugly outfits! Looks like some people were getting dressed in the dark.
    How does the choker fit to the latest weekend event dress?!

My first outfit lost. I think my doll looked great!
    Android
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    LOVE the outfit on the left - wow! Where is it from?? I hope it'll show up in my TB box... teehee.

I mean seriously look at this:

What is this

I don't understand these people

Who dresses so badly??

I can't even

Embarrassing

sqmfsm.jpg

I totally used the dress on the left for my first look 👀 No blue lips on my doll, though. We'll see how I do this go around. I also saved a black outfit in my lookbook in case the red dress didn't do well.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
    ARTPOP wrote: »
    hgaYir5.jpg

Love dressing up!!

I love that dress and the shoes!

This event is an attack on good taste. So many ugly outfits! Looks like some people were getting dressed in the dark.
    How does the choker fit to the latest weekend event dress?!

My first outfit lost. I think my doll looked great!

I refuse to vote for some of these outfits :mad:
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Lenochka wrote: »
    Is anyone else seeing ghosts???

IMG_1557.png

This is awesome lol! And I mean for real awesome, not sarcastic awesome. If anyone sees my dolls like that, ss!
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I love the ghosts. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ItsLucienItsLucien Registered Users 19 Posts
    Everyone with the palest skin tone is a ghost. All other skin tones appear as normal. It's hilarious :D
    Lucien ★ level 25 ★ male character, female player ★ iOS - add me on Facebook since GC is no more
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    No ghosts in my game. I'm actually a bit disappointed. ;)
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    These were the longest 4 hours ever!

But I won, woop! This was my look

1zwc0ab.jpg
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    You look good Zitrone. is it just dolls in my game, or do you see a lot of people 'in spite' of the collar? Like it was one of those house arrest bracelets that people just ignore when they get dressed? I've been going out of my way to not vote for those. Do you think the mechanism that gives us NPCs are throwing some NPCs into the mix? Anyway, I see of lot of people doing really well with the items.

I think, that during this SYS event might be a good time to wipe my tablet and see why it's running so poorly. Or maybe I'l move things to the sd card instead. Samsung, when they're not blowing up, they don't charge well. 2 weekends ago I brought the game up on my hubby's old S4. Took overnite, but it worked. Now, I have each game with a 2nd device for insurance, but I might be doing the event with the phone, while I wipe everything.

Why does my iPAD Pro keep a charge for a couple of days while I use it, but my Samsung Tab takes 2 days to charge, and half an hour to deplete (ok, exageration, but still. you get my drift.)

P.S. Zitrone - don't look now but the black cat is giving your dress a dirty look. Probably think you're just a bigger cat.

LOL, with the cat comment!

My first look lost :(. I had to submit the same look again because I didn't have time to pick out another one (short break at work). I wonder if that will win...

I'm loving this SYS, since I already have a lot of black clothes (and in real life, too).

I'm not seeing any ghosts, but I'm seeing a lot of undies.
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    Well I dressed up like an ugly witch and I won but this event is so dissapointing. Most of the contestants I see look like they are going to a beauty contest instead of a Halloween party...no fun. no imagination..
    .so boring. I wont be voting anymore
    Daleth wrote: »
    Well I dressed up like an ugly witch and I won but this event is so dissapointing. Most of the contestants I see look like they are going to a beauty contest instead of a Halloween party...no fun. no imagination..
    .so boring. I wont be voting anymore

Speaking of... why don't we have a pointy witch's hat'??

EDIT: and OMG you know what would be awesome: a tail. Like, a cat's tail as an accessory. You can just add it and it floats behind you. I'd be so down for that. I mean, Kanye's Fade y'all.

I disagree with you about the Halloween party... because many people (like myself) don't have any costumes, and also because there are only so many costumes you can use so it gets boring quickly. If you can put a Halloween twist on a regular outfit, then great! If not, I don't care, as long as it looks good.

In other news, those two trainwreck outfits are still on my voting block and I still refuse to vote for either of them. On principle.

Yoooo I hate having to wait another four hours!! I haven't been this excited about earnables in a VERY long time!! I seriously can't wait. Go faster votes, go faster!!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    To be fair I think the choker is both a costume and dressy accessory. I think the types that work best are cutesy or costume-like outfits or dramatic vampire bride looks. Some dolls are going too casual and the choker looks out of place. Plus there's that overlapping issue that I absolutely cannot stand. Most of the guys I'm seeing are questionable as well.
    Val_ wrote: »
    These were the longest 4 hours ever!

But I won, woop! This was my look

1zwc0ab.jpg

That dress is gorgeous! Is it purchasable? My eyes always glaze over when I'm going through the wardrobe so I miss a lot of stuff lol. I spent probably 20 minutes trying to find a dress for a luxe goal only to find out it cost 80 k-stars and I'd only get 9 back. No thank you.
    That dress is gorgeous! Is it purchasable? My eyes always glaze over when I'm going through the wardrobe so I miss a lot of stuff lol. I spent probably 20 minutes trying to find a dress for a luxe goal only to find out it cost 80 k-stars and I'd only get 9 back. No thank you.

lol, yeah I have the same problem! I wish the item in luxe goals was clickable so it takes you to the store directly.

I got the dress in a TB box a few weeks ago, sorry :(
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Xan's look!

7xPmbYv.png
    PM to add
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I've been playing non-stop since 11am when the event began so I've finished quite early :) (it's 7:30pm now)

My box items. Really need a throwback sale to get all these accessories out of the way ugh
    pc0lEcV.jpg
    VJBkR7i.jpg

And here is my outfits:
    yXE4cJL.jpg

And here one with my baby~ she's all dressed up.
    PKGcJxg.jpg
    Regarding the Ghosts - The team is looking into it, but since it appears to be benign, and we're getting a Halloweenie Vibe from it, Enjoy it for the time being. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Thank you, but I'm not sure where the dress is from. Maybe someone else knows. Also those looks are horrendous. As I said earlier, laziness doesn't get votes from. Or maybe it's not the fact that people are putting zero effort into their outfits. Maybe they just have bad taste.

When I see certain kinds of outfits I try to remember that there are kids who play, some as young as ten years old. The rest of the time I can only chalk it up to people who are clueless about styling and those with just plain bad taste. And sure, some laziness thrown in too for good measure. And the ones who just throw things together so they can get enough points to win prizes.

But the thing that really bothers me is: HOW DID SOME PEOPLE HAVE THE EYES AND HAIR HALF AN HOUR AFTER THE EVENT STARTED??
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Ok I'm annoyed, 3 looks submitted so far and all of them lost :mad:
    I'm still getting undies. Should we list out the outfits which are affected? One is the mermaid dress

jpuURrF.png?2
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    I just returned from the Pet Cemetary....I decided to do some more voting because I always want to know what's going on and wouldn't you know it...Curiosity killed Fluffy.... poor little dead thing
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Regarding the Ghosts - The team is looking into it, but since it appears to be benign, and we're getting a Halloweenie Vibe from it, Enjoy it for the time being. :)

Yesss, this ghostly "overlay" is making it difficult to judge for voting. But I do know for sure I voted for one of your dolls, Koko, and for Vats.

So weird when I see the same exact same dolls in every single event...and they didn't even bother to wear the choker with their same old, same old outfits. :( Wear the choker, made-as-filler dolls! Third SYS where I happened to own the item, otherwise I wouldn't be participating. More so because I dislike the hair, and the freaky eyes--not sure about those yet, but much preferred over the hair. Or...well I guess I'll see...if I make it to the eyes. The hair may be kept, thank you very much.
    isabeau wrote: »
    When I see certain kinds of outfits I try to remember that there are kids who play, some as young as ten years old. The rest of the time I can only chalk it up to people who are clueless about styling and those with just plain bad taste. And sure, some laziness thrown in too for good measure. And the ones who just throw things together so they can get enough points to win prizes.

But the thing that really bothers me is: HOW DID SOME PEOPLE HAVE THE EYES AND HAIR HALF AN HOUR AFTER THE EVENT STARTED??

Good point!! I hadn't thought of the kids! I'll take that into account next time I'm confused as to how a person could make such poor outfit choices. Like soundspretty's two there... smh
    Minji wrote: »
    I've been playing non-stop since 11am when the event began so I've finished quite early :) (it's 7:30pm now)

Did you pay to finish the voting early? ...otherwise I don't see how it would be possible to finish in a day...

Here's my first TB box:

1zdyeix.jpg

If I had opened my second usual box I would have gotten the burgundy shoes! Boooo!! But the booties I got are cute so I can't complain :)

And my 2nd winning outfit

2vigk6u.jpg
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Yeah I spend some. Have enough kstars lying around as I'm a VIP member + I buy that special pack sometimes.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »

That's actually a very good thing to consider. The fact that kids play this game too has never once cross my mind, and it's mainly due to the fact that seemingly every who I know that plays the game is older and more mature. Now if only I knew a way to differentiate between ten year old players and players with bad taste and are too lazy to put together a decent outfit. As for people having both of the items right after the event starts. I like to give people the benefit of doubt and say that maybe they got the event earlier than we did. For example, Japan is about 14 hours ahead of the U.S so wouldn't they get the event before we do? Is that how the event works, or does everyone around the globe get it at the same time?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    No need to post what outfits have undies...when I said that and the ghosts were benign, I meant it's like the missing clothes rack at Eleganza. No need to do anything. For fun we can skrapbook if you like....I got one that was just undies and shoes...you couldn't tell what outfit it was anyway.

Hey, did Nai open her thread that inspired the SYS Event? I've been saving my looks, out of 6..4 wins. I like this so much better than the other ones. Probably because it's Halloween! I have a friend who got married on Halloween. big mistake. marriage ended in divorce, and now his fave holiday is ruined. ;(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    That's actually a very good thing to consider. The fact that kids play this game too has never once cross my mind, and it's mainly due to the fact that seemingly every who I know that plays the game is older and more mature. Now if only I knew a way to differentiate between ten year old players and players with bad taste and are too lazy to put together a decent outfit. As for people having both of the items right after the event starts. I like to give people the benefit of doubt and say that maybe they got the event earlier than we did. For example, Japan is about 14 hours ahead of the U.S so wouldn't they get the event before we do? Is that how the event works, or does everyone around the globe get it at the same time?

the game starts at 5 a.m. Eastern time. We all start at the same instant. It's Like the universe blew a whistle, and we all started playing.

As far as people who finish so quickly by buying early results, some players have boatloads of cash, Oil Sheik cash, Daughter of a Rolling Stones cash. Beverly Hills cash. And some people cheat. I'd rather we not talk about that here, but if you think someone is being dishonest, please pm Glu with any info.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary