Monday Monday - Halloween's Coming but will we have a Midweek Event?

Comments

• zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Thank you coco!

I don't think it's from Xmas 2014. That was a sparkly dress. This black one was from a dating event. I'd date it somewhere around April 2015. It was right before the baby event. I'll find a link somewhere. It's not in the encyclopedia.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm having terrible luck. My first look won and I've lost every round since. I did try out different looks the second and third time, but went back to my first and that also lost twice :(
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    My doll only wins with long hair looks. As soon as I send in a look with shorter hair, I'm out :D
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Great locating Zitrone! As far as spoilers from the internet, Kalinda goes to a lot of trouble to provide them, as they become available, We didn't have them, we got Kalinda, we got the spoilers back. So, TBH, the more we speak about the spoilers before we're to have them....the people providing them could end up in trouble. So, let's all be a little more discrete.

Hey.....who's gearing up for Halloween? Baba's GF is coming home for the weekend, so I'm cooking Saturday. That means.....off to the store and what do we get at the store? GiftCards!!!!!! I love how this works.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    game play so far:

tumblr_ofnmgcAXhP1qfvh9po1_1280.jpg

I've been really fortunate in that all but my first outfit from yesterday morning won. Both my TB boxes had shoes - always shoes LMAO - but I'm glad I guess. I'm anticipating the weekend tho because with this, my current look:

tumblr_ofnmgcAXhP1qfvh9po2_400.jpg

I'm completely out of costumes/costume ideas.

Good luck everyone!!
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    zitrone wrote: »

Thank you zitrone! I really appreciate it! :) I hope I win this dress one day because I absolutely love it!
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    For anyone having trouble, it seems to me that people are voting for the Halloween outfits more so than a well put together fashionable ensemble.

Personally I'm going off the grid a little and mixing costume pieces with traditional that create an original costume. I also have a 50 Shades of Elisabeth Korkov look I've put together but haven't been brave enough to test run it.

I'm on meds and can't wake up in the middle of the night for rounds, so can't afford the possible lose right now if people don't quite 'get' my costume.

My TB boxes were of course throw-away accessories again. Boo. Oh well. Of course the one outfit I'm dying for, the blue strapless jumpsuit, was a box away from what I picked. But then it was nice to actually SEE an outfit.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    So happy that I already reached the tuxedo, hope by tonight I'm done with the event and won't need to wake up during my sleep!

Here my boxes:
    JqW7FYi.png?1

These boots are nice, but I have a very similar pair that looks even better, so I would prefer to get the Legolas' top right bellow it. Actually would have been really cool if they did a throwback sale with Halloween items during this week, bringing back Legolas' hair and also the Nai's fangs.
    O2LacvK.png?1

This denim jacket is also really cool, however Nai's Jax got frozen with it for months, so everytime I see it I can't help but remember him. I know this is silly, cause we're always sharing the looks in the game, but there are some items that feels like they 'belong' to someone else and when other people are wearing it looks like it is out of its place lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    For anyone having trouble, it seems to me that people are voting for the Halloween outfits more so than a well put together fashionable ensemble.

Personally I'm going off the grid a little and mixing costume pieces with traditional that create an original costume. I also have a 50 Shades of Elisabeth Korkov look I've put together but haven't been brave enough to test run it.

I've seen so many of the bat and kitty dresses I've stopped voting on principle unless the other outfit is absolutely horrendous. Maybe I'm overthinking this event. A lot of the outfits I've seen are so busy and/or you can't even see the choker.

I've resigned myself to just winning the hair because unless I win every single round I don't think I have a shot at this point of finishing. I'm a few points away from my second TB box so hopefully I get something good to make up for it
    Oh, I'm doing Korkov, I tried her on with a few different things, and wouldn't it be great if a LOT of Simon and Korkovs started poppin up? I think AppleP may win the eyes. the others...not so much. I can't wrap my head around the hair though. WTH are those little donuts? It looks like little red horns should be sprouting. Now THAT"s a Halloween look I can get behind, espectially with those whacko eyes
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Here's my 'homemade' costume from year. If that popped up, minus the b, would you vote for her with the choker?

File_Oct_15_11_09_32_AM.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    I'm not doing too well on this event so far :( I've never lost so many round!! I've even been able to get up in the night (thanks to being pregnant), and I'm still only at 125 points!! I'll pay to speed up some rounds if I have to because I really want those eyes in my collection! It's all for my love of Halloween and all things spooky :)

On a good note.. I'm soooo happy with my TB boxes!! I got my favorite items from each pallete!!

0AC1E729-7542-4B00-9006-FB76B91E05D6.jpeg

EFAD58C8-0064-4C9A-95AC-C4DE21420C8A.jpeg
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
    Those are great things Tarabella. What I love about the throwbacks, even if I'm not in love with the item, it usually evens out the dolls wardrobes, and they can fully twin up if they want. :) I love that hair and that St. Patty's day Dress.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Finally got my second TB box!

LWhf9TG.png?2

My first palette was pretty good. I honestly would have been happy with anything (except the sunglasses!) but I would've loved the poofy red dress.

eGaXA1y.png?2

Holy shoes. Not the biggest fan of the ones I got but I'll play around with them. I would've loved the black heeled booties. Glu really wants me to win the black dress with the squirrels on the shoulders.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Here's my boxes!

C8Sm6lv.jpg

The dress is pretty, very June Cleaver. I love the Kris Jenner hair I got in my second set. So pleased! I've been doing just okay in the event so far, losing more often than I've lost in other events. But my guy's game (where I always lose hahah) has been doing really well this time. Go figure!
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I want to cry........ Here is my final palette:

0SedCA0.png

I could have had the beret hair!!!!! :(
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Those are great things Tarabella. What I love about the throwbacks, even if I'm not in love with the item, it usually evens out the dolls wardrobes, and they can fully twin up if they want. :) I love that hair and that St. Patty's day Dress.

You're so right, Koko! Thanks!!! I've had my heart set on that St. Patty's dress since I first saw it, so I was super excited when I opened it :) I do love the hair too!!
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • torinicoletorinicole Registered Users 16 Posts
    I have to say, I haven't participated in a SYS event the past few times up until this one because I love the items, but somehow I have lost every. single. round. so far. What is this craziness? I know my outfits aren't that bad, fashion is what I study in school! I haven't even reached my second throwback box yet. Yesterday it even lost my one submission and made me start over, when I only had an hour left to wait. So annoying. Luckily I got a cute dress in my first throwback box instead of accessories or shoes since I never really use the accessories that much. I know I probably won't reach the eyes, but I sure do hope I reach the hair because I love it.
    iOS user, level 30
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    zitrone wrote: »
    I don't think it's from Xmas 2014. That was a sparkly dress. This black one was from a dating event. I'd date it somewhere around April 2015. It was right before the baby event. I'll find a link somewhere. It's not in the encyclopedia.

Lol, I actually fell asleep last night thinking "that's not right!". I wasn't playing back then, but I have the event banner imprinted onto my brain. ;)

Boxes this week:

GN0O1gy.jpg

ICjAgZl.jpg

I'm a win away from the hair...I've been having mixed luck and it's so frustrating. I kind of hate SYS events.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
    torinicole wrote: »
    I have to say, I haven't participated in a SYS event the past few times up until this one because I love the items, but somehow I have lost every. single. round. so far. What is this craziness? I know my outfits aren't that bad, fashion is what I study in school! I haven't even reached my second throwback box yet. Yesterday it even lost my one submission and made me start over, when I only had an hour left to wait. So annoying. Luckily I got a cute dress in my first throwback box instead of accessories or shoes since I never really use the accessories that much. I know I probably won't reach the eyes, but I sure do hope I reach the hair because I love it.

I feel you. I look at the other submissions and what I'm entering and think it's crazy that I keep losing. I just reached my second TB an hour ago. I'm hoping I'll finish in time to get the hair (it's 155 points) but the eyes are probably a pipe dream if my rotten luck continues. At least you got a good TB box to make up for it :) Helps take the sting out a little bit.
    Lol, I actually fell asleep last night thinking "that's not right!". I wasn't playing back then, but I have the event banner imprinted onto my brain. ;)

Boxes this week:

I'm a win away from the hair...I've been having mixed luck and it's so frustrating. I kind of hate SYS events.

hmmmmm.....falling asleep thinking about the game. I think we have another one for Darkside list.
    ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    hmmmmm.....falling asleep thinking about the game. I think we have another one for Darkside list.
    ;)

Ugh, and I set my alarm for 2am, too. I love holiday themes way too much! ;)

Boxes this week:

GN0O1gy.jpg

ICjAgZl.jpg

The good thing about them is that you can focus on work/school, and only have to check in every 4 hrs. The gig events during the week are soooo annoying when you're super busy.
    Megannita wrote: »
    The good thing about them is that you can focus on work/school, and only have to check in every 4 hrs. The gig events during the week are soooo annoying when you're super busy.

True, indeed! I just don't like leaving my fate in other people's hands; I have too much anxiety for that! ;)
    True, indeed! I just don't like leaving my fate in other people's hands; I have too much anxiety for that! ;)

Dude, I know, I feel that way too. I lose more often than I win, and it always stings a bit. :p
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »

Really? For me it's kind of the opposite. During gig events I play a bit in the morning and then when I come home I play for about half an hour (I always need some down time when I get home from a busy day anyways) where I use up all my energy +tap all my pets. Then I do another round before I go to bed and that way I'm usually already done on the second day.
    With the SYS I have to check in at specific times and I just can't do that when I'm out working or at school.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Lii wrote: »
    Really? For me it's kind of the opposite. During gig events I play a bit in the morning and then when I come home I play for about half an hour (I always need some down time when I get home from a busy day anyways) where I use up all my energy +tap all my pets. Then I do another round before I go to bed and that way I'm usually already done on the second day.
    With the SYS I have to check in at specific times and I just can't do that when I'm out working or at school.

I sneak into the ladies' room for the SYS. And I don't change my outfits during the day. I use the same one until I get home. :o
    Ughhh lost again. The only way I'll finish now is if I win 2 out of the 4 left to submit or pay for results. This event stinks!! :p
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    I don't think I'll finish this time :( I just got the hair a few hours ago.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)