Kindle Korner - all things Kindle (No Add info please)

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
It's been pointed out that Kindle's are kind of on their own timetable. One Kindle user says no Kim's birthday update etc, another poster a few posts or pages later, said they did get them check the store. So someone suggested a thread where other Kindles can Konnect, Where they can post that the Kindle update is in, komplain when it isn't, Sure there was a Kindle thread in Friends and gifting, but this is for everything OTHER than connecting as friends. As always you can post in any thread you choose, but the thought of a place just for Kindles might help.

So....Kalling all Kindles..........welcome. :D
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary

Comments

• ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Thank you for this, Koko! I think this thread will be very helpful.

Does anyone know if we will need to wait for an update before we get the midweek event tomorrow?
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    Thanks so much Koko. I've been hoping for exactly this type of thread for a real long time
    So my Kindle sisters and brothers, I know you are probably going to be going crazy over the next day or so checking for updates like me.. how about when you see it's available for download, you post here to let the rest of us know? That way we have one place to look and don't have to scan the 5.7 update thread looking for news? Thanks! Fingers crossed we aren't waiting long!!!
    Anyone else starting to fear we may be shut out of all or part of this weekend's event too? This is really frustrating. Still no 5.7 update, which means no SYS event... NADA. Please get the update out in time for this weekend's event. PLEASE.
    Well I may be wrong, but I feel pretty hopeful we'll get the update in time for the weekend event....as for this practice of throwing mid-week events after an update, knowing full well that we will miss most if not all of the mid-week activity..... well let me just say that I am thoroughly disgusted.
    I hate that I missed out on this week's special SYS prizes. If it was just random throwback boxes, I wouldn't have cared nearly as much about missing them. Someone didn't think this out very well or didn't care.

At this point, I'm not feeling hopeful at all about getting the update in time to begin weekend event in 11 hours.. time is ticking away!
    Well the update for Kindle has arrived. I hope everyone who is participating gets all the things they are hoping for. Have a great weekend folks
    At last! Thank you. Have a great weekend as well!
    Please post here when you see v. 6.0 available for download. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long this time.
    It's here! Yay..
  • Cady22Cady22 Registered Users 50 Posts
    I am not sure if I should be posting this here or under support but I play on Kindle Fire HD. The problem I am having is that I keep intermittently losing my WIFI connection. I have contacted Amazon regarding this and after trying everything they are suggesting I do a factory reset on my device. They say I will lose all game progress. I asked them about saving game progress to my cloud and they stated that is up to the app developer how the game is saved and they can do nothing about that. I am at level 33 and I do not want to lose my game. Is there anything I can do? I know Glu has known about this saving issue with Kindles and they do nothing about it. I have already submitted a ticket to game support and I am waiting for a response but in the mean time my WIFI problem is not getting any better. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi Cady22. I just went to the help pages and unfortunately didn't see anything to help. This is probably the best place for you to post, Support and FAQ would normally be your first stop, but since you're waiting for a response from Customer Care, you can watch here for any user assistance in saving your Kindle game, or, while you wait for customer care you can start a thread in Support and FAQ titled something like Any Experience saving/transferring your game on a Kindle. Then keep checking this thread and that for any user advice. I've never held a kindle in my hand, so unfortunately I can't help with that. Any chance there is an old kindle around that you could wipe and try to save your game on? I'm guessing there was no earlier info in this thread about saving Kindle's progress? How long ago did you reach out to Customer Care? I've got my fingers crossed for you. Good luck.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    *** glu how are you going to put a midweek event when us kindle users are not going to even get to participate in the event since the update for us doesn't come until Friday
    Thanks Koko for your help, I just sent in my ticket to customer care yesterday so I am expecting it to be a while before I get a response. Happy15, we kindle players are not getting the update until Friday? If that is the case then I doubt we will get a midweek event.
    Happy, I'm still crossing my fingers our update comes on Thursday so I have a chance to participate in the Midweek at least up to the first or second box. Did you hear something saying we definitely won't get it until Friday?

Cady, I'm just curious about your issue.. if you don't mind me asking, what happens when you lose your wifi connection? Do you lose your progress? I'm only asking because our internet connection here in our apartment is kind of squirrely too, but the only time it is an issue is sometimes it takes me several minutes to get the game to open. I never lose anything if or when the wifi flickers on and off while I'm playing. Factory reset on your Kindle sounds scary. I hope customer care has some better advice for you soon.
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    6.2 is now available for you guys!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • mocastilhomocastilho Registered Users 120 Posts
    6.2 is now available for you guys!
    What about us, on facebook? Are we going to miss this weekend's event? :( *again*
    Happy, I'm still crossing my fingers our update comes on Thursday so I have a chance to participate in the Midweek at least up to the first or second box. Did you hear something saying we definitely won't get it until Friday?

Cady, I'm just curious about your issue.. if you don't mind me asking, what happens when you lose your wifi connection? Do you lose your progress? I'm only asking because our internet connection here in our apartment is kind of squirrely too, but the only time it is an issue is sometimes it takes me several minutes to get the game to open. I never lose anything if or when the wifi flickers on and off while I'm playing. Factory reset on your Kindle sounds scary. I hope customer care has some better advice for you soon.
    No I don't lose my progress but I just have to keep restarting my Kindle or my WIFI, Sometime it is worse than others. I'm just afraid that it will keep getting worse and I will lose my game if I do a factory reset. I did hear from customer care and they said something about transferring my game to a new device. I don't have a new device but this is the first time I have heard that this was possible on a Kindle. I don't know if it would work or not.
    Cady22 wrote: »
    No I don't lose my progress but I just have to keep restarting my Kindle or my WIFI, Sometime it is worse than others. I'm just afraid that it will keep getting worse and I will lose my game if I do a factory reset. I did hear from customer care and they said something about transferring my game to a new device. I don't have a new device but this is the first time I have heard that this was possible on a Kindle. I don't know if it would work or not.

Restarting the wifi or Kindle sounds like a major pain. Sorry you are going through that.. ugh. First time I've heard about transferring KKH on Kindle too.

I know absolutely nothing about technical stuff so take this with a big grain of salt, but isn't the problem with your wifi rather than your device or game? or does the problem only occur when you play KKH? That was more a thought than a question.. like I said I know nothing and should probably just mind my business, but your situation had me curious because I also lose my wifi from time to time and I'm playing on a Kindle that's several years old now. I feel like I'm on borrowed time and sooner or later it's going to konk out on me.

Good luck and hope you can resolve this very soon and not lose any of your game progress!
    I'm curious fellow KindleFire users, do you get to watch ads for free K-stars? For the most part, I never have that opportunity. There was a time perhaps 6 months ago when I had 2-4 ads each day. That period lasted perhaps a few weeks, but then it went away and it's been nada ever since. I believe what I've heard for other platforms is the number of ads you get is based on demographics. I am wondering if Amazon blocks us from this opportunity for some reason (like they'd rather we buy Amazon coins to purchase K-stars) or if my demographics just make me particularly unfortunate as far as free K-stars go.

ps - anxiously awaiting our 6.3 update!!
    I'm curious fellow KindleFire users, do you get to watch ads for free K-stars? For the most part, I never that opportunity. There was a time perhaps 6 months ago when I had 2-4 ads each day. That period lasted perhaps a few weeks, but then it went away and it's been nada ever since. I believe what I've heard for other platforms is the number of ads you get is based on demographics. I am wondering if Amazon blocks us from this opportunity for some reason (like they'd rather we buy Amazon coins to purchase K-stars) or if my demographics just make me particularly unfortunate as far as free K-stars go.

ps - anxiously awaiting our 6.3 update!!

I have not been able to watch ads for free k-stars in a long time either and yes I used to be able to watch about 2-4 daily. I don't get the option to open additional daily gift boxes by watching an ad either, I only get this option for 10 k-stars. I have often wondered why this has happened, its a little frustrating.

PS also anxiously awaiting the 6.3 update!!
    Interesting, Cady. I hope we might hear from some others just to know if it's all Kindle users.

oh and UPDATE IS HERE! Yay!